[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Hotness :love: .., I mean cuteness overloaded :heart:

No doubt, he'll be a perfect dad for his kids... :wub:

Is that from the drama shooting??? Or random kid in the site??? 

I will ending with him and yw as family with child, give both of them the family they lost 

13 minutes ago, nona88 said:

Is that from the drama shooting??? Or random kid in the site??? 

I will ending with him and yw as family with child, give both of them the family they lost 

It'll be perfect if the baby is their child :wub:

They deserve to be happy with each other

Hello guys...

I really don't know who that baby is... But I fell in love with them as soon as I saw the pic on IG, so that's why I posted it on the thread :love: But what if it really is from one of the scenes in the drama...?! :wub: Can't they make it possible..?! I really didn't get a thought of it.. I am so dumb :D I DESPERATELY WANT DA IL & YEO WOOL TO END UP TOGETHER...!! They two are beauty of the drama... Who knows..? Anything could happen.. As long as it's a happy ending :wub: But I am afraid of having high hopes now... :huh: It did hurt me a lot when they hinted that Daniel is a ghost, so now I am actually hopeless...!! :frown:

45 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Hello guys...

I really don't know who that baby is... But I fell in love with them as soon as I saw the pic on IG, so that's why I posted it on the thread :love: But what if it really is from one of the scenes in the drama...?! :wub: Can't they make it possible..?! I really didn't get a thought of it.. I am so dumb :D I DESPERATELY WANT DA IL & YEO WOOL TO END UP TOGETHER...!! They two are beauty of the drama... Who knows..? Anything could happen.. As long as it's a happy ending :wub: But I am afraid of having high hopes now... :huh: It did hurt me a lot when they hinted that Daniel is a ghost, so now I am actually hopeless...!! :frown:

Really? They hinted DI as a ghost?:cry:

1 hour ago, kaedechan said:

He look like a proud daddy with his newborn :).  Aah i really hope he'll settle down soon :D

I hope he can settle down with eun bin :wub: 

@nona88 @gm4queen @kaedechan What caught my attention this week is that YW's and LDI's past seems to be connected to SWH, even before they got aware of her existence. LDI never believed the journalist in the existence of the lady in red 5 years ago and SWH tried to commit suicide on the day that YW was born. Striking is that the attorney Baek has now the support from the Myungjang Daily company. The attorney Baek supported LDI and lost her case hence she feels indebted towards him that's why she is supporting him.  The son from the Myungjang Daily company's owner seems to be the one who bullied Sergeant Kim, however the suicide of sergeant Kim wasn't just a simple case of bullying. I guess, the father (a general) used his connection to cover up the case therefore LDI got punished and lost his job. Yet Baek was able to get a support from that family in order to ensure that LDI wouldn't suffer from this tragedy. Nevertheless, I can understand why Baek would stop the journalist Kang Eun Jung from publishing an article about LDI as she is afraid that the scandal from 5 years ago might resurface and the son would get attention from the media. It is clear that a ghost was involved in the suicide and back then people (even KEJ) somehow made the wrong decision.  The question is: what is the connection between the family Myungjang/sergeant Kim and SWH?

I don't think that SWH is approaching people randomly... there is a connection between all of them which LDI is not aware of yet. Notice that Kim Kyeol was targeted because he was close to YR... just like YR and PJD are close to YW. SWH hurt people around LDI... even before LDI was aware of her existence: sergeant Kim and his mother. 

We shouldn't forget that SWH also attacked LKW twice: but just like in YW and LDI's case, always indirectly: through his daughter and his company... and we can imagine that he cares about these two very much.

To conclude, we have three main targets: LDI, LKW and YW. Now, we have to figure out why she is always hurting them through someone else that is close to them. The last episode revealed that she always asked her victims to make a choice: save their life or kill themselves in order to save the person dear to them. Then we discover that YR and YW have a strong energy spirit which makes me think that LDI and LKW could have a similar disposition too. A clue for that is that even under the influence of an evil spirit, LDI was able to stop himself from hurting YW. I have the impression that back then, SWH's life is linked to LDI, YW and LKW.        

NOOOO... How can I let this handsome guy go off the screen...!!???? :love::heart: I am fully addicted to him...!!

44108473_2074411109537091_18487719668031

And @chuscho, you are so right.. Can't they become a real couple..?! :wub: They are perfectly matching for each other..! Their looks, their height difference & their age gap - all are so perfect :glasses:

And also @bebebisous33, I really adore your idea... SWH always try to attack Da Il & Yeo Wool indirectly through the people they love, not directly... Then Da Il & Yeo Wool must have something more powerful than her evil power to stop her.. And of course, there is a mentioning about Da Il & Yeo Wool's blood groups.. Also, SWH said that when she gets what she wants, it'll be a nightmare for Da Il...!! I am still wondering what she meant there...?! :o Looks like a huge plot twist is on its way..!! Any guesses..?!

14 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

NOOOO... How can I let this handsome guy go off the screen...!!???? :love::heart: I am fully addicted to him...!!

And @chuscho, you are so right.. Can't they become a real couple..?! :wub: They are perfectly matching for each other..! Their looks, their height difference & their age gap - all are so perfect :glasses:

And also @bebebisous33, I really adore your idea... SWH always try to attack Da Il & Yeo Wool indirectly through the people they love, not directly... Then Da Il & Yeo Wool must have something more powerful than her evil power to stop her.. And of course, there is a mentioning about Da Il & Yeo Wool's blood groups.. Also, SWH said that when she gets what she wants, it'll be a nightmare for Da Il...!! I am still wondering what she meant there...?! :o Looks like a huge plot twist is on its way..!! Any guesses..?!

Thanks a lot.:love: I would like to add another idea that came to my mind after posting my last comment. It occurred to me that SWH is attacking LKW differently. In LDI and YW's case, she asked the loved ones to make a choice: save themselves or die for someone else. Only LDI's mother and YR chose to protect their loved ones. However, this is different with LKW. His daughter was kidnapped and she was supposed to die... LDI came in time to save her. Just like she never warned LKW about the terror attack and ask him to choose. She wanted to hurt him deliberately but she wanted him to feel pain through the loss of his daughter and his company. And this makes me wonder if the murder of SWH's father and brother is not related to LKW. Maybe he threatened SWH's father. Besides, why did the mother run away in the first place and abandon her family? Since SWH is actually using people in order to find an answer to her painful question (Did she make the right choice? Kill her father in order to save herself), it becomes clear that she feels close to YW and DI... as she is using people around them to find an answer.   

We see two different people: the young SWH and the adult SWH. In my opinion, the younger version represents the real spirit of SWH, while the adult embodies not only the evil spirit but the spirit of another person. SWH's anger turned her into an evil spirit (that's why we see the young version of SWH doing cruel things and saying hurtful comments), yet there was the evil spirit of someone's else before who used SWH's spirit/body. Remember that SWH committed suicide later... hence she was confronted twice with a deadly situation.   

19 minutes ago, chuscho said:

She mean YW's body, isn't she?

SWH in Yeo Wool's body will definitely be a plot twist... :o But seems like there is more than that. Like @bebebisous33 said, we don't know yet about the connection of SWH & LKW. We know that SWH's mom had dementia, but then why did she abandon her her so little kids..?! And I remember Yeo Wool said somewhere that, SWH's mom's memory is paused at the day when she abandoned them.... So she doesn't know the future of their kids.. And she even thought Da Il as her little son who grew up.. May be then SWH's mom had a relationship with LKW..?! :o Or as @bebebisous33 said, LKW must have threaten SWH's dad..?! But those are impossible to happen, since if so either SWH's mom or dad have to work in LKW's company..! Somehow, LKW's made a huge mistake towards SWH or her family.. And all the victims of SWH are linked together as a chain.. So Da Il have to break it down, in order to stop her continuous evil attacks...!! :cold_sweat:

@bebebisous33love your thought as always 

I agree that shw not attacking people randomly 

She  said something like she not killing people who she shouldn't , 

About all the connected we have two choice  for da-il

1- he wasn't the target from  the start here come in the picture cause the army accident, we know he didn't let it go and tried  to find the true, he wasn't even aware  of shw  than but what if he did something make her angry, destroy  her plan so she target  him and his mother 

2. Da-il was the target  from the start, even in the army, I think that little possible since her really target  was the powerful people behind the cover up , but if he was her target from the start that going to take another road , it has to do with his mother or the mystery father we know nothing about 

About yw, she most was a target from  the start , I agree about what you said about her energy  and the fact she was born  in the same day shw  become a ghost ir the fact she the only one who may have her death key 

But If I am going to believe  that yw  was the target from the start then I am  going to back to my old idea that maybe shw  was behind yw  parents  death and sister hearing problem, after yw  saw shw  and da-Il  she said she start to her balls sound like her sister after the accident 

If  that true than, shw  was after yw  family for  so long making sure they stay alone without love, like killing , making other go away from them ( like the sister boyfriend) 

So that makes me wounder why so much hate to give the  endless painshment, she don't seem really interesting in killing yw even when she could more than letting her suffering 

6 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

SWH in Yeo Wool's body will definitely be a plot twist... :o But seems like there is more than that. Like @bebebisous33 said, we don't know yet about the connection of SWH & LKW. We know that SWH's mom had dementia, but then why did she abandon her her so little kids..?! And I remember Yeo Wool said somewhere that, SWH's mom's memory is paused at the day when she abandoned them.... So she doesn't know the future of their kids.. And she even thought Da Il as her little son who grew up.. May be then SWH's mom had a relationship with LKW..?! :o Or as @bebebisous33 said, LKW must have threaten SWH's dad..?! But those are impossible to happen, since if so either SWH's mom or dad have to work in LKW's company..! Somehow, LKW's made a huge mistake towards SWH or her family.. And all the victims of SWH are linked together as a chain.. So Da Il have to break it down, in order to stop her continuous evil attacks...!! :cold_sweat:

I think SWH's mom abandoned her family because she felt her life's too tough, with abusive husband and a sick son, so she just decided to live by herself, eventhough she said to SWH that she was thinking of bringing her children with her, but she couldn't even provide herself well. So since then she felt so guilty of her children, especially since her son later died, that caused her to develop dementia.

4 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

I think SWH's mom abandoned her family because she felt her life's too tough, with abusive husband and a sick son, so she just decided to live by herself, eventhough she said to SWH that she was thinking of bringing her children with her, but she couldn't even provide herself well. So since then she felt so guilty of her children, especially since her son later died, that caused her to develop dementia.

I love your logic too dear... :o Then may be her dementia has nothing to do with the plot development but, SWH said that her mom is the reason why their dad tried to kill them.. So I hope there would be a proper explanation for SWH's mom's unusual behavior..

And of course, who is Da Il dad..?! I am afraid we no clue about his dad... SWH's dad is surely abusive :blink:

14 minutes ago, chuscho said:

I trully am sorry, for quote videos or pictures in several times. I am newbie in this field. So sorry:frown:

Everyone makes mistakes dear...

When you get images, gifs & videos in your quotes next time, just simply click on them & hit delete. :innocent: It's so simple.. try it alone, ah..?! Don't get worried too much, OK..?! :blush: B'cause, we all are here for sharing Friendship & love, aren't we..?! :heart: The only thing you have to do is read "Soompi rules" & "follow them"...!! That's all!! And I think you should read them once!! Then NO worries at all, my friend..!! :wub:

And who said you are a newbie here..?! You are an idol :glasses:

@kaedechan Yes, it was said that SWH's father was somehow abusive and we saw bruises on her face but remember that the caretaker said that the first person SWH killed was the one she loved the most. If he was so abusive, how can she love him the most? Actually, in her place I would hate him... During her conversation with her mother, she only resented her father for choosing to save his own life over his children's life. That's why I am not entirely buying the whole situation about SWH's past: 

- she was abused 

- she was abandoned by her mother because she couldn't handle her children.

The first thing she is always asking: are you angry? Even DI asked YW the same question... Why angry, when YW is about to die? In the last case, a normal person would have asked if she was afraid (afraid of dying). So the evilness is triggered by anger and sense of helplessness. It seems to me that they are referring to the unfairness and injustice. If so, then it means that SWH is angry because of a huge sense of injustice. So if her father decided to kill his children because of some injustice and SWH is aware of it. She would even get angrier... not only she was forced to make a choice but she had to kill someone whom she loved... because of someone else. Notice that she is doing the exact same thing to others. As an outsider, she pushes people to face a deadly dilemma. This would explain why the caretaker helped her for so long as she appeared as a victim.

@nona88 A good question indeed. Was DI the real target in the army or not? Like you, I am more inclined to believe in your second proposition. The son from that general could have been facing SWH and chose to kill sergeant Kim, since SWH said that no one except YR and DI's mother chose to commit suicide in order to protect themselves. Like you, I have the impression that the real target was that powerful family but what she didn't expect was that the son could escape his punishment due to his social status/family. That's how she learnt that she needed to change her strategy... she targeted LKW in a different way. Maybe she resents DI because he was the one who kept saying that there was some bullying. Indirectly he helped the powerful family to escape the punishment from the evil spirit, this would explain why now they are helping LDI indirectly. And this leads me to the conclusion, by helping LKW, YW and LDI are making the situation worse. SWH and the other evil spirit can stop feeling angry, if the main issue is solved: achieve some sense of justice.

@chuscho Don't worry too much about that. But just delete the pics in the future.

10 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Hotness :love: .., I mean cuteness overloaded :heart:

Such a sweet picture!  But I have to admit that I was kinda captivated by his hands.  Beautiful.  

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

LDI, LKW and YW. Now, we have to figure out why she is always hurting them through someone else that is close to them. The last episode revealed that she always asked her victims to make a choice: save their life or kill themselves in order to save the person dear to them.

You made very important points in your post.  Thanks for that!  The connections here are so important, and I think we haven't got the last pieces of the puzzle yet. 

I mentioned in an earlier post that the Red Lady is trying to justify her own behavior in killing her dad--she doesn't understand love and why one person who sacrifice themselves for another.  She's still a kid, and she's seeking information in the unthinking and sometimes cruel way that a child does--like that scene where her child self was pulling the wings off the dragonflies.  If I recall properly, she said something about it not hurting.  Since RL is still in that "id" stage of childhood, she's really not clear about human feelings.  She is doing what gets a reaction but she is unaware of the emotional cost (and the emotional bravery of those who chose to die rather than kill--like DI's mom) of the people she harms.

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

We see two different people: the young SWH and the adult SWH. In my opinion, the younger version represents the real spirit of SWH, while the adult embodies not only the evil spirit but the spirit of another person.

That is a very interesting way to see this.  The young Red Lady is cruel without thinking and the older version is cruel with purpose.

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

So that makes me wounder why so much hate to give the  endless painshment, she don't seem really interesting in killing yw even when she could more than letting her suffering 

I think it goes back to that scene where she was pulling the wings off dragonflies.  She's needling YW; that's why she keeps asking her, "Are you angry?"  She's trying to provoke a reaction.

1 hour ago, kaedechan said:

You've said my thoughts exactly.

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

And of course, who is Da Il dad..?! I am afraid we no clue about his dad... SWH's dad is surely abusive :blink:

While I was reading everyone's great and thoughtful posts, I had an idea.  I don't remember if anyone has suggested this before (and this is because I am watching too many dramas--this one is the best, of course).  This is probably completely wrong but what about our Control Tower, Han Sang Sub?  

We have connection upon connection between other major players but we don't have a lot of background with HSS.  He is so deeply fond of DI--is this more than a friendship?  Is there any chance that it could be parental concern?  

On a different note, I am also wondering if there are more connections somehow with our Coroner CW.

8 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@kaedechan Yes, it was said that SWH's father was somehow abusive and we saw bruises on her face but remember that the caretaker said that the first person SWH killed was the one she loved the most. If he was so abusive, how can she love him the most? Actually, in her place I would hate him... During her conversation with her mother, she only resented her father for choosing to save his own life over his children's life. That's why I am not entirely buying the whole situation about SWH's past: 

- she was abused 

- she was abandoned by her mother because she couldn't handle her children.

The first thing she is always asking: are you angry? Even DI asked YW the same question... Why angry, when YW is about to die? In the last case, a normal person would have asked if she was afraid (afraid of dying). So the evilness is triggered by anger and sense of helplessness. It seems to me that they are referring to the unfairness and injustice. If so, then it means that SWH is angry because of a huge sense of injustice. So if her father decided to kill his children because of some injustice and SWH is aware of it. She would even get angrier... not only she was forced to make a choice but she had to kill someone whom she loved... because of someone else. Notice that she is doing the exact same thing to others. As an outsider, she pushes people to face a deadly dilemma. This would explain why the caretaker helped her for so long as she appeared as a victim.

@nona88

Since the show didn't give enough background story of SWH's father, so i could only make an assumption that her father was probably only abusive to her mother, never to their children, but then mom run away, so he started abusing his children because of his anger and desperation of his situation. That could explain why SWH loved her father the most but in the end she killed him and resented her father when she knew her father was never planning to die together with his children, he wanted to live just by himself. Like i said, only my assumptions :D, i could totally be wrong :lol:

Archived