[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

23 minutes ago, joyspartace said:

I’m writing this before i read the page of this thread of what i missed but as I’m watching tonight’s ep - it has me thinking. 

when Da Il asked Detective Park to kill him when he finds his body if he interferes/attacks people - what if Detective does that and Da Il returns back to his body seemingly like how Sun did? That night in the hospital when Da Il stabbed sun? If the same thing happens to him, is he hoping that he would be able to return to his body? Just like how she did? And become a bit more powerful so he could take her on? 

i don’t know. I’m just rambling on right now. I might be wrong so ahhhh. I just had to get this thought out of my head lol

Agree with you..! As you said, either Da Il'll get more powers when he get killed or... :unsure: he'll choose himself to die in order to protect Yeo Wool, just like his mom & Yeo Wool's sis did to protect their loved ones..! But in either way, he has to die..?! Then it will the next big twist of the plot..!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi chinggus,

Just finished speed reading the last 43 pages of this thread..and thought that I need to share some views. I know some have been discussed but not fully answered, some I might misinterpret, some I might skipped, some I might echoed. So forgive me if there are repetitions to the views eh..:D:

1. Agree with most of you. Choi Daniel is hawt!! When I first saw him in Babyfaced Beauty, I was not that hookedl, mainly because I was rooting for the second lead..hahaha..and I felt that his character was too playful for my liking. But then he appeared in Jugglers, playing this smart, hunky guy (dont make me talk about his Greek God like body structure..hehehe)..he sort of transform physically and characteristically after his enlistment and I was hooked!! Hence, when I first found out about this drama, regardless the story line or rating, I planned to stay till the end, just so that I can watch this God-given beauty again..hehehe..Anyway, I'm glad too that his character in this drama also depicts a smart person. And that sort of a slam dunk for me...hehehe..As for Eu Bin, I loved her ever since Judge vs Judge (which is more than I can say about the drama..hahaha). The combination of this two is daebak!! One thing I noticed, both actors know how to emote their feelings just through their eyes. Despite the fact that they did promise romance apart from horror, thriller and fantasy but they seemed to focus on the latter 3 than the romance itself. But, I think whatever little time they have to emote their feelings for each other for the romance genre sake, was shown rather effectively so far - the hugs, the looks, the longing feeling was done perfectly y both leads. EVEN SO..I do not place any hope that their ending together will be satisfactory (not at least the level we are used to in a kdrama). 

2. As for the storyline, let me vent out here to Writer nim or PD nim, if they are lurking here..What is this obsession by the Writer/ PD about killing either DI or YW to solve the whole case? Seriously...In the last episode we were given the hint that DI has to die since he might turn into an evil spirit. In the latest preview, we were given the hint that YW might have to die if they want to kill SWH altogether. Seriously, isn't there any other solutions? After all this is horror-thriller-FANTASY-romance drama (this one was repeated over and over again in every interview with the casts). So, why not create some other ways, which does not involve killing either DI or YW, please..jeballl!!.. Sorry, chinggus..just venting out here after frustrated with the latest episodes. I feel like we have more questions than answer actually. We still have no idea how SWH gain her power, or what is her actual weaknesses. Even in human form, she is too powerful. At one point, last night, I was thinking, just killed both DI and YW already , so that they become ghosts and then their ghosts self can work together to fight SWH. After all that, let them descend to heaven together, happily..I would be okay with that since it is difficult for them to fight her as human form it seems..(hehehe..sorry...venting out again #justfrustrated #hopeforhappyending)

But whatever it is, I hope the Writer nim or the PD nim will not give us a tragic ending (seriously..please dont)..I am still recovering from Mr Sunshine..huhuhu..

8 hours ago, inna75 said:

Hi chinggus,

Just finished speed reading the last 43 pages of this thread..and thought that I need to share some views. I know some have been discussed but not fully answered, some I might misinterpret, some I might skipped, some I might echoed. So forgive me if there are repetitions to the views eh..:D:

1. Agree with most of you. Choi Daniel is hawt!! When I first saw him in Babyfaced Beauty, I was not that hookedl, mainly because I was rooting for the second lead..hahaha..and I felt that his character was too playful for my liking. But then he appeared in Jugglers, playing this smart, hunky guy (dont make me talk about his Greek God like body structure..hehehe)..he sort of transform physically and characteristically after his enlistment and I was hooked!! Hence, when I first found out about this drama, regardless the story line or rating, I planned to stay till the end, just so that I can watch this God-given beauty again..hehehe..Anyway, I'm glad too that his character in this drama also depicts a smart person. And that sort of a slam dunk for me...hehehe..As for Eu Bin, I loved her ever since Judge vs Judge (which is more than I can say about the drama..hahaha). The combination of this two is daebak!! One thing I noticed, both actors know how to emote their feelings just through their eyes. Despite the fact that they did promise romance apart from horror, thriller and fantasy but they seemed to focus on the latter 3 than the romance itself. But, I think whatever little time they have to emote their feelings for each other for the romance genre sake, was shown rather effectively so far - the hugs, the looks, the longing feeling was done perfectly y both leads. EVEN SO..I do not place any hope that their ending together will be satisfactory (not at least the level we are used to in a kdrama). 

2. As for the storyline, let me vent out here to Writer nim or PD nim, if they are lurking here..What is this obsession by the Writer/ PD about killing either DI or YW to solve the whole case? Seriously...In the last episode we were given the hint that DI has to die since he might turn into an evil spirit. In the latest preview, we were given the hint that YW might have to die if they want to kill SWH altogether. Seriously, isn't there any other solutions? After all this is horror-thriller-FANTASY-romance drama (this one was repeated over and over again in every interview with the casts). So, why not create some other ways, which does not involve killing either DI or YW, please..jeballl!!.. Sorry, chinggus..just venting out here after frustrated with the latest episodes. I feel like we have more questions than answer actually. We still have no idea how SWH gain her power, or what is her actual weaknesses. Even in human form, she is too powerful. At one point, last night, I was thinking, just killed both DI and YW already , so that they become ghosts and then their ghosts self can work together to fight SWH. After all that, let them descend to heaven together, happily..I would be okay with that since it is difficult for them to fight her as human form it seems..(hehehe..sorry...venting out again #justfrustrated #hopeforhappyending)

But whatever it is, I hope the Writer nim or the PD nim will not give us a tragic ending (seriously..please dont)..I am still recovering from Mr Sunshine..huhuhu..

I can't cope with tragic ending either. Hope author nim not make our heart broken more than this

6 minutes ago, thistle said:

@kaedechan Thanks for BTS.  It amazes me how actors can bring such emotion when they have all the crew and such confusion around them while they are creating scenes.  Their focus while playing their roles is incredible.

Yes, i can't imagine trying to keep focus on the act with so many people, especially since i'm an introvert, it's a scary thoughts ! :lol:. I don't know how they can kiss, hugs or whatever under so many watching eyes without feeling shy ^_^, i would probably just run and hide somewhere hahaa

1 hour ago, kaedechan said:

Still "recovering" from emotional-packed episode last night :sweatingbullets:, just drop this off for our daily daniel-dose :lol:

He's so sweet, i just can't .. lucky eun bin :wub:

He he... I love that praise dear... "OUR DAILY DANIEL DOSE" :heart:

Eun Bin is so lucky to have him by her side... And I've watched the BTS in another site.. How can they act so dramatic with those eye gazes when they are acting..?! They can't be shy out there..! I am also puzzled here..

And did you see he just touched her hair...??! OMG..!!. :wub: Can I keep him in my pocket..?! :relaxed: He is so sweet, cute, handsome, hot, charming, adorable, beautiful & sexy :innocent: Oh... did I miss something..?! :D

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

He he... I love that praise dear... "OUR DAILY DANIEL DOSE" :heart:

Eun Bin is so lucky to have him by her side... And I've watched the BTS in another site.. How can they act so dramatic with those eye gazes when they are acting..?! They can't be shy out there..! I am also puzzled here..

And did you see he just touched her hair...??! OMG..!!. :wub: Can I keep him in my pocket..?! :relaxed: He is so sweet, cute, handsome, hot, charming, adorable, beautiful & sexy :innocent: Oh... did I miss something..?! :D

Yeah the way he touching her hair, is like DI touch YW's hair:wub:

Did anyone notice that Da Il handcuffed his left hand, "the hand he choked her"... He just punished himself for hurting her..!! :bawling:

And his desperate eyes are haunting in my mind... :cold_sweat: Now, how can I wait for the next week..?! WEDNESDAY, COME QUICKLY!! :wub: I really don't know what to do when this series ends...!! :huh:

So, I've been thinking about last night's episode .. 

In the scene where SWH tried to make her mom commit suicide, she said :

"Nobody told me whether i did something wrong, or whether anyone in my situation would have did the same with me. So I kept asking everyone who wouldn't die. Most of them made the decision i made" (they choose to save their own life and sacrifice their loved one). 

And when the younger SWH angry at her adult one and said "You can't kill everyone that makes you angry", after she killed her mom the adult one said "There were only two of them (who sacrificed their own life for their loved one - Da Il's mom and Yi Rang). I'm worried, is that mean Da Il and YW have to sacrifice their life for the other? Is that the only way so SWH could see that there's other choices than the one she made? I hope not, for our OTP's sake :tears:

I can't bear looking at YW & Da Il's faces when they went separate ways outside the church. When Da Il left her there, he kept on walking alone and then when he stop, he looked so lost, lonely and crumbling apart .. and YW can't stop crying thinking about Da Il  :bawling:.

The writer better make up for the misery he/she brought to our OTP, it's so heartbreaking seeing them like that ..

15 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

So, I've been thinking about last night's episode .. 

In the scene where SWH tried to make her mom commit suicide, she said :

"Nobody told me whether i did something wrong, or whether anyone in my situation would have did the same with me. So I kept asking everyone who wouldn't die. Most of them made the decision i made" (they choose to save their own life and sacrifice their loved one). 

And when the younger SWH angry at her adult one and said "You can't kill everyone that makes you angry", after she killed her mom the adult one said "There were only two of them (who sacrificed their own life for their loved one - Da Il's mom and Yi Rang). I'm worried, is that mean Da Il and YW have to sacrifice their life for the other? Is that the only way so SWH could see that there's other choices than the one she made? I hope not, for our OTP's sake :tears:

I can't bear looking at YW & Da Il's faces when they went separate ways outside the church. When Da Il left her there, he kept on walking alone and then when he stop, he looked so lost, lonely and crumbling apart .. and YW can't stop crying thinking about Da Il  :bawling:.

The writer better make up for the misery he/she brought to our OTP, it's so heartbreaking seeing them like that ..

Yes, it's really breaking my heart seeing them so miserable... How can it be so sad like this?? Please no more heartbreaking scene like this.. I really can't cope with it:bawling:

Please let our OTP sail safely, please make them happy author nim.. Jebaaall

18 hours ago, thistle said:

Just started watching.  Although I saw the strangling scene earlier without subs, my impression seeing it with subs is the same.  And this is what I thought:  after DI lets go of Y W, she is watching him intently.  I do Not think this is because she is afraid of what he will do next to her.   Instead she is worried about what the realization of what he has done will do to him.  Her concern and her attention are fully on him.  In spite of how horrifying this scene really is, this gives it a certain beauty, too.  And when DI attacks the detective, it is not to hurt him but to stop DI himself from harming  Y W.  Just as her focus is on him, his struggle to control himself is all about her.  This is also a beautiful expression of feeling.

Somehow they do this with very little dialogue and no explanation is needed.  Fantastic.  Truly.

100% agree with everything you said. Every word of it. Have to give it up for Daniel & Eun Bin for doing such a superb acting. The emotions that they let out, the cinematography, the way Daniel & Eun Bin captured their characters' feelings and delivered it perfectly, so the viewers can feel what the characters' feeling, it's beyond excellence. It's been a while since i'm emotionally attached with a drama, and this one will be the hardest one to get over with when it's finally ended.

22 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Totally agree with you guys... @thistle & @kaedechan ...

Daniel isn't like other K-actors... He acts with his eyes.!! :wub: His eyes tell everything that he wants to tell..!! He speaks with his eyes... He doesn't want words to speak...! And that's the biggest reason why I am addicted to him this much..!! :heart: It's a very rare talent... And when I see him, he reminds me of the Indian superstar Shahrukh Khan/SRK...! And SRK also speaks with his eyes.not with his words! No other Indian actor can do that..!! (Just try to watch his Indian film - Veer Zaara!!!) And Daniel is like the young SRK!! (hence SRK is 53) :love: Just believe me guys, I totally see the young SRK in Daniel now... :open_mouth::heart:

U like Shakrukh Khan @gm4queen?? He is like a legend at my country. He so handsome and really he also use his eyes to express everything!! :smile:

I just really finished with ep21-22, seriously makes m frustrated rite.... YW tears and Da II tears.... OMG~~~~ Writer-nim, PD-nim, please put your mercy to our OTP.... They been hurt from early beginning until now... cant you just mercy on them?  My heart cant take it when they both crying.. helpless... Noooo~~~~ 

So back to 5 years agoDa II case, Attorney Beak purposely lose it? Coz order from the "big boss"? And Kang Eun-jung really helping Scooby team now?? 

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

Did anyone notice that Da Il handcuffed his left hand, "the hand he choked her"... He just punished himself for hurting her..!! :bawling:

And his desperate eyes are haunting in my mind... :cold_sweat: Now, how can I wait for the next week..?! WEDNESDAY, COME QUICKLY!! :wub: I really don't know what to do when this series ends...!! :huh:

About the left hand, did u guys notice that when Da II turn to evil, he use left hand and when he save ppl is right hand.... Like there is poster that after he came out from mud, his right hand holding his left arm... izzit coincident? or also I think too much?  

A big big applause to Choi Daniel and Park Eun Bin.. Seriously both of them are spectacular. They did a tremendous job in TGD! Seriously KBS, is time to give them award and also our lovely Kim Won-Hae too! This drama, TGD team, you got my respect! 

Couldn't agree more with you @Heidi Seow dear...

This time, I am ultimately disappointed about the South Korean audience...! They really don't know how to appreciate great things :rage: Just depressing... But the international fame for "The Ghost Detective" is increasing :blush:So I am very HAPPY..!!

And Daniel & Eun Bin :heart: These two are a lot more than their age.. Their chemistry is electrifying :love: No words to describe.. Hats off to you guys..!! My respect for Daniel is increasing rapidly now.. And Eun Bin is great too.. They two deserve lots of awards, specially Daniel for his splendid performance :innocent::glasses:

2 minutes ago, chuscho said:

Why SWH have some bruises? And according to the preview, seems like her body become smell bad? Why? 

is CW suggest to kill YW because she's knowbthat SWH after YW's body?

I think her body become damaged, maybe it's the price for doing evil things or because her long comatose makes her body weak/damaged, that's my guess ..

7 minutes ago, chuscho said:

Why SWH have some bruises? And according to the preview, seems like her body become smell bad? Why? 

is CW suggest to kill YW because she's knowbthat SWH after YW's body?

Could it be SWH's body is resist SWH?? It might happen.. 

Archived