[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

I couldn't catch up with you guys b'cause it's thunder & lightning here...! Monsoon in October :smirk:  But I've got another Monsoon here...! DANIEL & EUN BIN :wub:  they are the cutest couple in the drama land now...! They just set the screen on fire... :heart: And @kaedechan, I think Daniel brushing hair in here is so different than in Jugglers..! This is more passionate :heart:  The way he just looked at her is like a magic or something to me...! He did brushing her hair b'cause he also has feelings for her, hasn't he??...!! And did she really say "it"..?! May be we'll get a flashback later... :lol: 

And I am curious over the CEO dad... He knows about SWH & believes about her...! And Da Il mentioned earlier about SWH's past murder patterns.... And I am just thinking that SWH is only attacking women...! The little girl Ha Eun, Da Il's mom, Yeo Wool sister & also Yeo Wool... :hushed: Does she hate her mom..? She doesn't seem to attack men much... May be she is jealous of happy women b'cause she couldn't ever be happy in her childhood... And who's the guy attacking Yeo Wool under the black mask..? I don't know if I am missing something here....!

I think he is police in the jail

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Rum At said:

I think the best episode is 18-19:wub:

Yp... I think so too..! :heart:

And thank you for putting my editing pic as your profile pic dear...!! :love: I am glad that someone likes it....!

And welcome to the thread...!!

I'm confused about a few things.

• How old did they say SH's brother was at the time of the accident? 2 or 7? Because I'm almost thinking either DI or KG are the younger brother. It would sorta make sense in a way to why they're connected.
  • Also why would DI become an evil spirit when he didn't even pay the price. He did nothing horrible, all he did was think of YW and his desire to protect her so to be able to touch things.
  • I have noticed this, his eyes go red when it involves YW, wanting to protect her. What I don't understand is why that even happens to him. We've seen other peoples' eyes go red because SH has been controls them. The scene where KG was touching YW, DI's eyes turned red at that moment? Why? He wasn't hurting her, she wasn't in danger. Or was it more like not wanting somebody he doesn't know touching her?

6 minutes ago, scarletlover1 said:

I'm confused about a few things.

• How old did they say SH's brother was at the time of the accident? 2 or 7? Because I'm almost thinking either DI or KG are the younger brother. It would sorta make sense in a way to why they're connected.
  • Also why would DI become an evil spirit when he didn't even pay the price. He did nothing horrible, all he did was think of YW and his desire to protect her so to be able to touch things.
  • I have noticed this, his eyes go red when it involves YW, wanting to protect her. What I don't understand is why that even happens to him. We've seen other peoples' eyes go red because SH has been controls them. The scene where KG was touching YW, DI's eyes turned red at that moment? Why? He wasn't hurting her, she wasn't in danger. Or was it more like not wanting somebody he doesn't know touching her?

These are my thoughts... Correct me if i am wrong.

• I guess that SWH's brother was 2 when their mom left them & 7 when the accident happened..! And the brother is dead, right..?! Then it can't be Da Il or Kim Gyeol unless if he was saved...!
  • I am also confused with this one... But Da Il broke the ghost rules & meddled with living people.. So I think becoming evil is his punishment for those wrongdoings..!
  • I agree with you on this one.. He gets rage when it comes to Yeo Wool & protect her from being harmed..! He stabbed SWH with red eyes in order to protect Yeo Wool from being the murderer. His eyes turned red when Gyeol tried to touch her & He lost his control when SWH sent someone to kill Yeo Wool..! And then at the same time, he clams down when she touches him... So what I am thinking that, she is the reason for his rage & she is the reason for his clam :wub: So, then it's the true meaning of "love", isn't it..?!

@gm4queen

• They didn't say what happened to the brother. They only said that the father died. Now if the son was two when mom left and 7 when the accident happened, then it has to be DI. The son would be in his 30s now and DI is in his 30s, KG is in his twenties. Like I said it makes more sense to why they're connected. Because SH is just attacking random people at the moment when there was no connection there to begin with. We can see why she's connected to YW but why DI?
  • That's kinda twisted though. Why should he be punished for that when he's still alive himself though? I would understand it if he's dead but he's not!

@scarletlover1

• You may have a point there... We know the connection between SWH & Yeo Wool.. Yeo Wool was born on the day SWH committed suicide & Yeo Wool is "the chosen one" for killing SWH.. But the connection between SWH & Da Il is still unclear. But as just said, if he's the younger brother of SWH, then what about his mom who died b'cause of SWH's evil power..?! Then she wasn't his mom..!! And SWH's mom is his mom..!! :open_mouth: Yes, there has a connection between them..! But I don't know what..
  • About him turning evil, I think we should wait till the next week to get more info on ghosts...!!

I think whenever DI does violent acts, his eyes turn red and he is a step closer to being evil.

He had beaten up the guy who was sent to harm YW (and poor Seung Jae had to hear her confession outside her door - my heart broke for him as he was only in time to arrest the perpetrator)

4 hours ago, gm4queen said:

I couldn't catch up with you guys b'cause it's thunder & lightning here...! Monsoon in October :smirk:  But I've got another Monsoon here...! DANIEL & EUN BIN :wub:  they are the cutest couple in the drama land now...! They just set the screen on fire... :heart: And @kaedechan, I think Daniel brushing hair in here is so different than in Jugglers..! This is more passionate :heart:  The way he just looked at her is like a magic or something to me...! He did brushing her hair b'cause he also has feelings for her, hasn't he??...!! And did she really say "it"..?! May be we'll get a flashback later... :lol: 

Think maybe is part of character as Nam Chi Won and Lee Da II is quite different. So passionate brushing hair should be a little different. But in Jugglers got very hot kisses. :love: So let's see TGD got passionate kisses or not.. :relaxed: probably will be hotter  and passionate than Jugglers. :tounge_wink: 

Actually report said that this week will reveal Da II got special power, did I miss it? Or izzit Da II's ability is stop the time? Coz so far he did it twice. 

7 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I think whenever DI does violent acts, his eyes turn red and he is a step closer to being evil.

He had beaten up the guy who was sent to harm YW (and poor Seung Jae had to hear her confession outside her door - my heart broke for him as he was only in time to arrest the perpetrator)

The part that his eye turn red after he came out from Police Station after he interrogation the caretaker.. That time he didn't do anything but he was in red eye and sick... I don't understand this part.. did I miss something? 

1 hour ago, Heidi Seow said:

The part that his eye turn red after he came out from Police Station after he interrogation the caretaker.. That time he didn't do anything but he was in red eye and sick... I don't understand this part.. did I miss something? 

Because he have given a messenger to Seung Joon, heavily broken the wall between life and death.

Episode 9.

Unless it's a plot point, the unused chain on YeolWool's door was just beyond stupid.  [EDIT: Couple of commenters seem to find the preceding statement drama bashing.  Not my intent.  They have made the argument that it is legitimate that people don't use their chains.  I can't dispute that is how people roll in other places in the universe. However looking at that chain hanging unused messed with my experience of the scene and destroyed the verisimilitude for me.]

It [the unused chain] made the scene almost unbearable to watch. Not because it made the scene tense, but because it took me out of the scene wondering about YeolWool's stupidity.

Someone is knocking at YeolWool's door that makes her nervous, she doesn't put the chain on.  The extra protection the chain offers is minimal, but every bit counts.

She know she is dealing with an entity that causes disruption in perception, YET she opens the door for who she thinks is Da-Il without putting the chain on or looking through a peephole.  [I'm not sure she has a peephole, not that it matters because if she did she wouldn't use it.

So disappointed in the production's attention to detail. [Will take it back if it proves to be a plot point.]

I really love Detective Park.  I find him the most human of the group. As much as I love him, I really get angry when people interfere with people violate people's privacy. Chae-Won asked him to not watched and yet he did.

As annoyed as it makes me with him, I realize my annoyance is irrational because

1) He's a detective.  It is in his job description that he will violate people's privacy.

2) He has to violate their privacy for reasons internal to the story because the Scooby team won't tell him anything. And he doesn't want them to tell him anything about the supernatural element of the case.  If they did he'd be forced to accept things he doesn't want o believe in OR call them crazy and walk away.

3) He needs to know things that he cannot be told by the ScoobyDos so the plot can move forward.

While Detective Park's recurring heartbreaks makes me wish for his happiness in some way, shape, or form [and because i care about him so much I am convinced they will kill him to create an emotional climax] Kim Gyeol angst, regret, and guilt is something I understand intellectually but rarely it touches me emotionally.  Kim Gyeol is more a source of annoyance than he is contributing tension to the plot.  

Kim Gyeol's interaction with the REdLady gives the series a chance to see her cunning but he seems like such a mental lightweight that her ability to trick him doesn't even seem that brilliant.  Kim Gyeol be good or be more interesting with being conflicted and deluded.  Please.

EDIT: I don't think the old woman, [whomever she might be, I'm not convinced like she's RedGirl mother without proof beyond YeolWool analysis] is trying to hurt Da-Il.  I think she is doing what the nurse, who she has no reason not to trust, tells her is best for Da-Il.  I've also heard her described as crazy.  I don't see any reason to think she is crazy. So far we can surmise she drinks too much. 

On 10/5/2018 at 9:09 PM, gm4queen said:

Son Woo Hye hates love, b'cause no one loved her in the family.. Her mom left her at the age of 5. And her father didn't want to have kids but live by himself..!! Why did he marry if he hates kids so much..??!!  :o

1- It is perfectly possible to marry and not want kids, not have kids, and live a wonderfully fulfilled happy life. 

2- Sometimes you have to have kids to know you hate parenting.

On 10/5/2018 at 9:55 PM, Heidi Seow said:

Poor Detective Park :( If he believe YW in early time, I think the story will be different for now.. @hushhh you might right that for now SWH is anger coz her mother left her and father wanna kill her just becoz of burden. She definitely hate love, probably there is no "love" word in her dictionary... :( 

I didn't actually say all that.  I'm not sure why she thinks/felt there was no love.  I don't know that there was no love.  This is a mystery.  The people creating the story will chock it full of misdirection.  

Also, not all parents kill their children because they don't love them.  There are some parents, especially in infanticide and suicide, whose disordered thinking cause them to kill their children because they love them and believe that the world that has treated the parent badly is too awful a place to treat their children well if the parent are not around, so they take their children with them when they plan their death.  It's messed up, but people kill for many reasons.

The Scooby team posit that REdLady's current behavior is about repeating the circumstance of her life before her "death".

She is giving all her victims the exact same choice her father had and she herself had.

One must die.  You decide will it be you or someone you love.

Redlady's father had the choice and he chose to live and let his children die.

Redgirl had he choice and she decided to live and let her father and brother die. [I don't consider this murder. But she might]

Da-Il's mom had that choice and she decided to die and let her son live.

I'm not sure if YiRang had an option of killing YeolWool to live. [Wait. I guess YiRang did (maybe) since she was being tormented with the idea that she was a burden to YeolWool.]

And I'm not sure if the nursery school teacher and the principal had that choice.

Gyeol had the choice and he chose himself.  I don't think it is a bad/wrong choice especially if he doesn't do the actual killing, but in this instance it is a bad choice because he made a deal with a deamon.  Deamons can't be trusted.  They don't keep their word. 

What the true deal is, is die and be done with me, or live and I'll kill someone in your name and you become my thrall forever. 

So RedLady's action that reflects on her death is

-targeting children [that's how the series began]

-binary choice: one must die, you or someone you love.

-love induced guilt.  victims are tormented that their very existence has caused a burden to the people who they love [Redgirl and brother were burdens to their parents--or so it seems]

-suicide as a mean of freeing their loved one. [One wonders if REdgirl regrets not freeing her father by knowingly allowing herself to be murdered--which would be then a suicide.]

-death by poison

Here is the thing

- The majority of the audience have reacted to Redlady/girl as is she is a full grown adult psychopath.  And that makes sense because we met her in an adult body behaving as a psychopath.

- The attempted poisoning at the travelfair gave YeolWool a chance to establish the Redlady is not Redlady but Redgirl in her own mind.

[She craves MaryJanes as footwear and when she isn't in MaryJanes she is in sneakers--both are choice footwear for very young girls] 

Her handwriting is the handwriting of a 12 year-old. 

Chances are that her thoughts and critical thinking reasoning ability is that of a 12 year-old.

And her sense of "morality" is that of a 12 year-old who grew up in a hand-to-mouth existence.

- We are viewing causing the death of her father as something she did without conscience, YET the nurse explained that her first kill was the person she loved most in the world. We know that it her Father.

So we MIGHT be viewing this entire story incorrectly.

-This might be the story of a girl who loved her father very much, even if he was a little shady.

-She tested him one last time, never expecting him to fail. 

-When he failed her test of his love it destroyed her faith in humanity and her sense of self.

-She is filled with regret and horror.

-She feels as if she is a monster.

-The only way she can be less of a monster is to establish that what she did was what any other HUMAN BEING WOULD DO, save themselves over the person they love most.

-So Gyeol belongs to her because he made the same choice she did.

-The other people by choosing to save their loved ones and kill themselves reinforce the idea that she is a monster and a awful daughter who didn't love enough to die for love.

If that is the case, the only way to stop RedLady's destruction is to undo the guilt she feels over living after causing her father to  die. BUT THEN AGAIN, MAYBE NOT.

I''m just gonna say this:  some years ago when I had a neighbor who was violent and he started banging on my door to see if I was home.  I hid and called the cops as quietly as I could.  The very, very, very last thing I wanted to do was to make any sound at all because if I did then I'd confirm for him that I was home.  Putting the chain on can make a terrible racket, and the sound from that can make a determined person even more determined to break in.  I knew that the neighbor was targeting people rather than property so he was only gonna break in if he knew I was there.  If you don't answer and you stay perfectly quiet, there's a good chance they might go away.

3 minutes ago, thistle said:

I''m just gonna say this:  some years ago when I had a neighbor who was violent and he started banging on my door to see if I was home.  I hid and called the cops as quietly as I could.  The very, very, very last thing I wanted to do was to make any sound at all because if I did then I'd confirm for him that I was home.  Putting the chain on can make a terrible racket, and the sound from that can make a determined person even more determined to break in.  I knew that the neighbor was targeting people rather than property so he was only gonna break in if he knew I was there.  If you don't answer and you stay perfectly quiet, there's a good chance they might go away.

That's a valid perspective. And as I mentioned putting on the chain at that time would only offer a modicum more protection.

But I do believe she asked who is it. [I may be wrong on that.] So she wasn't trying to pretend she wasn't home.

Also the thing that bothered me most was opening the door without the chain.

Different experience, different perspective.  That's what makes it all so interesting.

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

Episode 9.

Unless it's a plot point, the unused chain on YeolWool's door was just beyond stupid.  

It made the scene almost unbearable to watch. Not because it made the scene tense, but because it took me out of the scene wondering about YeolWool's stupidity.

Someone is knocking at YeolWool's door that makes her nervous, she doesn't put the chain on.  The extra protection the chain offers is minimal, but every bit counts

I think you get it wrong she had auto  lock  she don't need the chain ( the chain  not that powerful) they still use chain  in auto  locked  door for one use it one you want to open the door to see or talk with someone but you don't want to open it completely since you don't know  this person , some people use it when they get delivered just to pay the money 

Living in city  alone is danger that why , 

I have   a similar to that auto  locked and I almost  don't use the chain  at all ,

The chain when you want to half open the door not when you want to full close it. Since the chain is useless  with door  and locked  like this.

Even all I said wasn't right still  i think  in moments like this there no right or wrong you in so much shock  to act so logic and perfect no matter how you strong and know what to do, house is place to feel safe things like this happen anywere  is scary  enough how about when it happens in front of your  house , I don't that was bad filming  or written  I think it was more realistic and normal.

I hope this help you to understand 

About  the police  officer

I wish him happy to help a good man, just wrong timing, wrong first meeting  , late on believe  her  , he didn't do anything  wrong he did his best not any normal person will believe this things and he wasn't wrong to try to help her in other way thinking she still in shock and trauma and someone has to wake her  from what she thinks happened 

But I said wrong timing, a little  late, didn't give her what she need that moment , I hope he find his happiness so much 

2 hours ago, thistle said:

I am sad to hear that you have to be through  this, thanks  for sharing it, it hard and shocking  moment when you in so much fear to think right , but you did well , God knows what crazy person can do , but just like you did right  other also do right in any different way , you most know best how  can this few moments be scary  and take any logic  or power you have so different people react  in different way , some will even put  things in front  the door or hide under the bed even when it not helping and some will stand there in shock can't even think of calling someone to help and so many other reacting .

Again I am happy you okay , so sorry you have to go through that especially  infront of your house , thankfully you did well and survive and so hoping that this don't become  a painful  memory and you can get over it and not affect you as little  as it can 

Thanks  for sharing it dear

5 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

Somebody tell me... Can Daniel swoon? I haven't seen Jugglers yet so I don't know!

Lee Joon Gi , Park Seo Joon and Choi Jin Hyuk have all swoon me.

Let me show you what happened.

Now if DI makes moves on YW, what you see above will happen again.

Oh YES, he definitely can ! He's very swoony and dreamy in Jugglers, so you must check it out :D and i love him too in High Kick Through The Roof. I still can't get over that kiss in Jugglers :wub:

7 hours ago, hushhh said:

If that is the case, the only way to stop RedLady's destruction is to undo the guilt she feels over living after causing her father to  die.

Yeah, i think make her feeling the love which she never have by a person truly love her is only way can stop her.

1 hour ago, kaedechan said:

Oh YES, he definitely can ! He's very swoony and dreamy in Jugglers, so you must check it out :D and i love him too in High Kick Through The Roof. I still can't get over that kiss in Jugglers :wub:

So, I am not the only one who's fully addicted to Daniel...! :D He he he, I should've known that....!

He was super dreamy with eye-glassess in Jugglers... :heart: And how can anyone forget that passionate kiss..?! I've never seen him like that :kiss_wink:

But here in TGD, he's even more dreamy without eye-glassess...!! And I never thought that he would be this hot without his trademark eye-glassess :open_mouth: And with facial hair, now he's the sexiest young man in the K-dramaland right now for me...! HE IS MY ADDICTION :love:

@nona88 Thanks.  I'm okay.  At the time, I was told that I did the right thing.  And I still believe that I did:  first priority is to protect your life and then don't fight unless you have to.

I just don't like hearing our show being trashed on one minor point that really has nothing to do with anything.  That was a beautiful scene and it was one that nearly all of us have been longing for; we should be allowed our joy in the moment.

13 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

He had beaten up the guy who was sent to harm YW 

I think you are right.  The price Da-Il pays for being able to affect the human world is loss of some of his soul and moving closer to being evil.

I don't know what a Fetch is technically, but I don't think Da-Il was a fetch before he tried to stab RedLady/ or perhaps want to pummel Gyeol.  One of those acts seems to have activated the Fetch mechanism.

4 hours ago, nona88 said:

I think you get it wrong she had auto  lock  she don't need the chain ( the chain  not that powerful) they still use chain  in auto  locked  door for one use it one you want to open the door to see or talk with someone but you don't want to open it completely since you don't know  this person , some people use it when they get delivered just to pay the money 

Living in city  alone is danger that why , 

I have   a similar to that auto  locked and I almost  don't use the chain  at all ,

The chain when you want to half open the door not when you want to full close it. Since the chain is useless  with door  and locked  like this.

Even all I said wasn't right still  i think  in moments like this there no right or wrong you in so much shock  to act so logic and perfect no matter how you strong and know what to do, house is place to feel safe things like this happen anywere  is scary  enough how about when it happens in front of your  house , I don't that was bad filming  or written  I think it was more realistic and normal.

I hope this help you to understand 

It is very possible doors and lock work differently than they do in Brooklyn. In fact I'm sure they do.  Few Korean drama have doors with old-fashioned lock and keys so . . .  Since they drama is made for folks in Korea not in Brooklyn how the chain is use might well be different.

Not knowing otherwise I can only respond to doors lock chains from what I've been exposed to. 

I know how chains on doors works from being an apartment dweller and overnighting at hotels.

I know the chains aren't that strong, and anyone who busted the door open wouldn't be stopped by the chain.  I mentioned that previously.

As I mentioned previously it was her opening the door without engaging the chain after the attempted intrusion, knowing that the enemy distorts perspective that made little sense.

Yeah, in real like fight/flight/freeze can happen to anyone at anytime.  Usually the drama which aren't real but are simulacrum when things like that happen it is usually dealt with through a callback to say, we did that, but it's a plot point, and we will get back to in.

In Terius Behind Me the female lead went into the forbidden room with a notepad.  The camera hesitate on her putting the notepad down just inside the door so that the audience would pay attention.   There was no similar attention to her taking the notepad out of the room when she left.  I fully expect for that notepad being left behind to be a plot point.  If it isn't it will seem like the continuity person left work early.

2 hours ago, thistle said:

@nona88 Thanks.  I'm okay.  At the time, I was told that I did the right thing.  And I still believe that I did:  first priority is to protect your life and then don't fight unless you have to.

I just don't like hearing our show being trashed on one minor point that really has nothing to do with anything.  That was a beautiful scene and it was one that nearly all of us have been longing for; we should be allowed our joy in the moment.

I am also glad that you are OK dear...! I know that you have guts to do the right thing at the right time...!! And the hug scene of Da Il & Yeo Wool, probably would've reminded you of your past experience...!!! BUT JUST DON"T WORRY :heart: YOU ARE SAFE & THAT"S WHAT COUNT AT THE MOMENT...!! And don't let the sadness overcome your joy dear...!! And when you get joy, grab it with your whole heart...! Or you'll have to regret later.. (I was regretting for making everyone happy in the past except myself, and those people didn't dare to think about my happiness, so it's all up to me)..  And this is only a fantasy in someone's mind & they are all rendering it to us... So, no big deal, RIGHT..??!!

As I said, this drama is like an addiction to my wounded heart... :heart: So I am enjoying this drama to the fullest...!! Honestly, I didn't even noticed about the chain part in the hug scene... All I'm doing now is repeating their hug scene 10x times..!! B'cause I think IT"S VERY IMPORTANT TO MAKE YOURSELF HAPPY FIRST!! :love:

Archived