Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/ The Ghost Detective 오늘의 탐정

33 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

Okay, how about this .. Maybe there were 3 children. Dad, SWH and her younger brother stayed at home while mom & Da Il going somewhere. Then Dad tried to kill his children, unfortunately SWH got suspicious and switched her drink, so she's alive but her younger brother didn't. Then maybe mom suspected that something is wrong with her daughter so she decided to abandoned her and took Da Il with her and raise him alone. And that's the start of her anger. What do you think? crazy story huh? :lol:

Not crazy at all.  There's some good theory there. 

But maybe there's more: 

What started this chain of events?  Why is Dad killing the kids? Was he trying to get insurance money or was he doing it to get revenge on Mother?  Why did Mother leave?

What are the underlying problems:  Abuse? Poverty?  Greed?  

The Red Lady's anger is very deep, so it springs from a very deep source, and I think we haven't begun to reach the bottom of the well.

I also have some strong suspicions about the rich guy (sorry but I can't recall his name).  How weird is it that he suddenly turns up again?  And what if he has deeper connections than we know of?  He seems to know something.  

This is a very serious stretch and very probably a wrong one:  what if the rich guy is related to DI?  Is he old enough to be DI's dad?

Anyway, I could come up with baseless theories for days so I'd better stop!  ^_^

• Like 6

2 hours ago, nateko said:

Hi there everyone, I've been lurking silently in this thread. I'm sorry to say but Da Il and SWH are not related. From what I understood SWH'm mother ran away from home, then the dad started drinking heavily and was burdened with raising SWH and her little brother. So one day he prepared two Cola bottles for himself and SWH. He said that it'll be all over when they drink it, they'll all end up dead and this will be the end of their suffering. SWH asked for food first and while her dad went to give her a sandwich she switched the bottles. At first, she thought that they'd all die but in the end, she was the only one who survived. Her dad actually planned to kill both of his kids and live without the burden. SWH's caretaker (now dead) managed to write the word "omma" as in "mother" on the wall of his cell before he was killed. So what we were shown is that he couldn't kill Da Il that night and instead, he brought him to SWH's mom. So now Da Il is in SWH's mom's apartment. When she saw that he woke up the woman took a syringe and tried to kill Da Il - that's the cliffhanger. 

Even though I got most of my theories wrong, it was fun thinking of them! 

So glad you shared this.....now I've gotta come up with new theories!  :D

..............editing because Oh my goodness.  Forget theories! 

Romantics:  here's what we have been waiting for.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, nateko said:

Hi there everyone, I've been lurking silently in this thread. I'm sorry to say but Da Il and SWH are not related. From what I understood SWH'm mother ran away from home, then the dad started drinking heavily and was burdened with raising SWH and her little brother. So one day he prepared two Cola bottles for himself and SWH. He said that it'll be all over when they drink it, they'll all end up dead and this will be the end of their suffering. SWH asked for food first and while her dad went to give her a sandwich she switched the bottles. At first, she thought that they'd all die but in the end, she was the only one who survived. Her dad actually planned to kill both of his kids and live without the burden. SWH's caretaker (now dead) managed to write the word "omma" as in "mother" on the wall of his cell before he was killed. So what we were shown is that he couldn't kill Da Il that night and instead, he brought him to SWH's mom. So now Da Il is in SWH's mom's apartment. When she saw that he woke up the woman took a syringe and tried to kill Da Il - that's the cliffhanger. 

Thank you ! Although my crazy theory proven to be really crazy, but it's been fun :D

• Like 4

So many happened

1. Da-il is a live

2.he didn't tell YW that he still a life why ?? It more important to find his body now not justo catching that woman ( or did I mistake and he tell them and they searching for him ??? I need  sub I didn't understand the second  half so much)

3.yw had just confessed her feeling she didn't need to say I love you , what she said was more like she can't live if she lose him too ( that was a scene :heart: especially  the way she hug him :love: the words she used :blush:

4. Da-il  clearly  in love with her he more open now about shown his affecting since he has hope that he not just a ghost 

5.  That woman as yw said not cause you was wronged and angry ghost you will kill people , ghost keep first doing what they did before dieing that the normal response, she was angry and a killer even before becoming  a ghost , that why she keeps doing that even after she back to life a really crazy series killer

6.I am waiting for sub to understand if they found the reason  she choice the people who she kill

7. Yw sister boyfriend going crazy killing for her, that behind the forgiving  limit I hope he stop before becoming a killer too

8. Feeling bad for the the police officer he always late  by one step, I feel his heart broken hearing what yw said to da-il  ( he didn't hear what da-ll said for sure but yw words were more than enought  to break his heart) 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 7

So now we have to deal with DI being a fetch?

And we still have to figure out what is going on with the Red Lady. 

But, you know what, I still think that some of our theories may play a part in the storyline because there is background stuff we just don't know.  

The Red Lady's mom is surely a surprise.  And it was a surprise to see the Rich Guy (whose name I still cannot recall) yesterday.  I think we're brewing up to another arc in the story. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, thistle said:

Even though I got most of my theories wrong, it was fun thinking of them! 

So glad you shared this.....now I've gotta come up with new theories!  :D

..............editing because Oh my goodness.  Forget theories! 

Romantics:  here's what we have been waiting for.

Ahh, i saw the clip last night  before i go to bed, and for a second there i thought she gonna kiss him *well a girl can dream right? :lol:.

But still, I love how YW keep on following him, even when he said he need to be alone, but she's just went in to his private room, but unfortunately not this time girl, maybe some other (near in the future) time :P

And i don't care being called crazy fans or something, this is my own perspective :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Something I don't understand is da-il really her brother? And he was adopted after that??

No way right ?? I remember when they first read the article about her  ( when they were searching  who she is ) the article  said she was the only surviving and she watched her father and brother body !!!! 

So how come the mother thing da-Il is her son !! 

How come everybody  even the media  wrote about this girl and not the brother!

I dont think he will be her brother that mean the article  was wrong or it was a plot mistake, but we will find soon the police officer looking at the file there will be writing everything  about the family 

If he the brother that can explain  two road first, why she was after him if she know from the start he her brother and didn't want him to be happy , or second, she didn't know at all and da-Il can be her weakness  when she find it and make her stop .

I guess from the preview she and yw sister boyfriend get to da-ill before yw  and other anday she didn't kill him right away  since she need to know something  front him , and the boyfriend he was trying to kill da-il  but da-il  hands stop him in the preview so is that mean he finally will  wake up next week ?? 

I hope it not late for his soul to be saved and back to normal and the body accept  it after all he has evil grown  in his soul :bawling:

Till next week again, and we finished  episode 9 :fearful:

• Like 5

Just watched yesterday's eps with eng sub...!

Well, when Da Il disappeared at Gyeol's home, I just thought he's teleported to save that couple...! But NO,...! He's ALIVE.. He is pretty ALIVE..! :love: And he was awake for the first time in his come like states, so his spirit had to disappear...! But why he's also at 1am..?! Am I missing something..?! And now that he knows he's alive, things are getting more interested... OH YEAH..!!!! :yum:

And WHAT A HUG...?!! I mean our girl is so brave to confess her feelings...! And now, since he's alive, he can fall for for her too :love::heart::kiss_wink: YEAH...!! My ship is slowly sailing... :yum: This is so fantastic...!! And so srry for Jeong Dae... Poor boy :tounge_wink:

And the most important thing is, SWH thinks that she is alone & has no one to love her...! But she's got her mom.. But she doesn't know that..! And her dad is so cruel.. I mean if he hates kids, then why did he marry in the first place...?! :confused:

YEAH!!! This is getting so addicted right now...! And how can I wait till the next Wednesday...?!! :wub:

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

Girl, can we switch places please? That looks comfy (and squishy *cough) :rolleyes:

Me, me, me... I want, I really want to switch places with Eun Bin...! OMG...! DANIEL :heart: He is a dream...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He & Eun Bin's chemistry is no joke... They are perfectly match each other...! I AM SO GLUED TO THEM NOW...!! Things are getting a lot more interested now.. And I really hope they would find his body b'cause now, looks like his spirit is slowly becoming evil.. OH NO :cold_sweat:

And I get it now... The Korean audience has no interest in this series... But it's very popular internationally...! And with this series, I am pretty sure that Daniel's international popularity will reach sky high :blush: He totally deserves it...!!!! So sad that the Korean audience is missing his hotness..!

• Like 11

Watched with Sub already! 

The caretaker can see ghost? He said he saw Da II’s soul came out from his body… But he didn’t see Da II at hospital when Da II came to saved YW. :unsure:

Did Da II teleport to YW’s place? His eye change red again… :fearful: but there is scene that his face was blocked by his hand when he is panting… hopefully is not in bad condition…

Finally our brave girl YW Hug Da II so tight!!!! :heart:And the way Da II touch YW’s hair and her face, the way they look and smile each other… Love in the air~~~~ SHIP THEM IMMEDIATELY PLEASE~~~:love::heart:

The CEO is helping scooby team, could it be he is the one that attorney Beak and the head officer who mystery call? 

Kim Gyeol is killing someone, could it be The CEO? or The head officer?  Cause SWH said even though this time we cant get any informations, we also need kill that person..

YW finally asking Da II what makes your eyes become red…

Gosh, we need to wait another 1 week to find out what happen… Otokke~~~~ :bawling:
When they gonna release the beautiful song? and Im like the BGM music.. hope they gonna release the OST with all this fantastic BGM.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Me, me, me... I want, I really want to switch places with Eun Bin...! OMG...! DANIEL :heart: He is a dream...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He & Eun Bin's chemistry is no joke... They are perfectly match each other...! I AM SO GLUED TO THEM NOW...!! Things are getting a lot more interested now.. And I really hope they would find his body b'cause now, looks like his spirit is slowly becoming evil.. OH NO :cold_sweat:

And I get it now... The Korean audience has no interest in this series... But it's very popular internationally...! And with this series, I am pretty sure that Daniel's international popularity will reach sky high :blush: He totally deserves it...!!!! So sad that the Korean audience is missing his hotness..!

Actually on Wednesday and Thursday is playing few drama series. I think mostly Korean Audiences prefer watch Terius Behind Me and Heart Surgeons and I haven't watch this both drama yet... :sweat_smile: So far I only follow TGD and another 1 is Beauty Inside which play on Monday and Tuesday. Anyway we know how hotness of Choi Daniel, this ep really pinky in the air.. The way he look at Eun Bin.. OMG~~~~ More pinky please~~~~ 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Yes, i think so too .. korean viewers seemed to favor dramas with a much popular actors rather than dramas with great story or a "mere" good actings IMO :frown:.

Some of my fav dramas from few years back had the same poor ratings eventhough the actors done an excellent work, great writing & cinematography, but it flopped locally, but international viewers loved them, so .. *shrug 

I tried not to think so much about the ratings, just feeling bad for the actors, i hope they don't feeling down because of that ..

• Like 4

True true @kaedechan. Korean viewers will support their favourite stars no matter how ( sorry korean viewers.... no hard feelings)

*sorry bit of out of topic, just wanna share out my feeling...

There is a time I don't watch Korean drama for long time time coz their story lines very familiar until I found "While you still in Sleep." Is something different than usual story line.. And our ajusshi (Kim Won Hae) in that drama too! Really like his performance in that drama. That time I start follow back Korean movie but in selective way... 

Anyway, hopefully TGD's team don't feel down.. We all support TGD!:heart: Fighting! :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Just finished watching last night episodes with eng sub, fiuhh .. one by one some of the mysteries are unraveled, but still don't know what's the connection between Kim Gyeol and SHW, why she wanted Kim Gyeol to kill himself back then? and why she then targeted YW? Was it to torture or punish Kim Gyeol for not obeying her command?

and I'm dying to know what exactly YW told Da Il, her "confession" to him. They only showed the part where YW said "You are .... " and then the camera panned out to Det. Park outside the door. After that he looked pretty down and the couple inside looked kinda awkward with each other. Finish your sentences Yeo Wool-ah ! We're dying back here ! :flushed:

By the way, did anyone notice, when Mr. Han & YW was going to go the orphanage, Mr. Han tried to imitate Nam-sangmunim (Daniel's character in Jugglers) signature coat-wearing? I literally LOLed at him, and i bet Daniel's trying his best not to laugh either on that scene :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

[The Ghost Detective] Eps 15 & 16 Choi Daniel wakes up from coma

ghostdetective.png

Article: Naver 'The Ghost Detective' Choi Daniel disappears in front of Park Eun Bin.. 'shock' 

1. [+35,-0]
The plot twist at the end. Lee Da Il-ssi is alive, what a relief...!!!

2. [+18,-0]
Looks like he woke up from his coma. 

3. [+11,-0]
It's interesting but the ratings are low. 

4. [+6,-0]
Looks like he's alive~~ He's coming back as a human~~~~

5. [+5,-0]
Even if he's alive, but because he interfered with humans when he was a spirit, is it going to be a sad ending? Scriptwriter, please make Da Il happy. 

6. [+2,-0]
I had goosebumps~ The story is daebak~ 1hr flew by so quickly. Feels like a hit drama. 

7. [+1,-0]
Because this drama has a title like that, that's why the ratings are low. 

8. [+1,-0]

I'm here to read the comments, but I'm glad that he's alive. 

9. [+0,-0]
Park Eun Bin jjang.

=======

Spoiler

ghost.png

[The Ghost Detective] Eps 17 & 18 Park Eun Bin to Choi Daniel, "You're precious to the point that I've forgotten that you aren't human"

Article: Naver 'The Ghost Detective' Park Eun Bin to Choi Daniel, "You're precious to the point that I've forgotten that you aren't human" 

1. [+30,-0]
That's right. Does it matter if he's a human or a ghost? It's Da Il anyway. ㅋㅋ

2. [+18,-0]
It's interesting. It's not a predictable story, so I like it. 

3. [+14,-0]
The two are so heart fluttering.. Today's episode was super interesting too ㅠㅠ !!!

4. [+12,-0]
Eun Bin is pretty. 

5. [+7,-0] 
The two have good chemistry. They are so pitiful  ㅠ~♡~

6. [+2,-0]
Detective Park likes Yeo Wool though.. ah, I feel bad for him. ㅠㅠ

7. [+2,-1]
Find it quickly! Lee Da Il. 

8. [+0,-0]
I support Da Il ♡ Yeo Wool, but my heart hurts for Jung Dae... ㅠ

9. [+0,-0]
Did Lee Ji Ah become an evil spirit? Is she a ghost or a human? Is Daniel a ghost too?

cr

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much @AlexandraReid for reviews...!!

It's a bit sad that the ratings are low...! But everyone is obsessed with our sweet couple.. :heart: And it's the biggest thing for me...! Also, Lee Ji Ah is great too.. She has a strange vibe on her face that she auto fits the Sun Woo Hye character.. And her childishness is so sweet despite being a evil woman :yum:

Now, I am not concerned about the ratings anymore... This drama is an addiction to me..! And that's more than enough :love:

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

Just finished watching last night episodes with eng sub, fiuhh .. one by one some of the mysteries are unraveled, but still don't know what's the connection between Kim Gyeol and SHW, why she wanted Kim Gyeol to kill himself back then? and why she then targeted YW? Was it to torture or punish Kim Gyeol for not obeying her command?

and I'm dying to know what exactly YW told Da Il, her "confession" to him. They only showed the part where YW said "You are .... " and then the camera panned out to Det. Park outside the door. After that he looked pretty down and the couple inside looked kinda awkward with each other. Finish your sentences Yeo Wool-ah ! We're dying back here ! :flushed:

By the way, did anyone notice, when Mr. Han & YW was going to go the orphanage, Mr. Han tried to imitate Nam-sangmunim (Daniel's character in Jugglers) signature coat-wearing? I literally LOLed at him, and i bet Daniel's trying his best not to laugh either on that scene :joy:

Hahah, I thought I think too much too! Yes, that's is Nam Chi Won's signature coat wearing.. Some more Mr. Han did twice.. :joy: and on episode 1 our handsome Da II did once.. (cream coat) looks like it became Choi Daniel's signature action. :joy:

We dying to know everything seen ep 1.. Bad writer-nim :sweat_smile: That why we so poison to know everything now. 

But seems like YW did confession to Da II otherwise won't be so awkward... But after that you can see both of them have very sweet and actions.. Might be Da II also say something too (Who knows). 

Izzit Kim Gyeol's bracelet got something clues? 

• Like 5