[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

so .. Da Il woke up in a room of someone's house, there's medicine on a table, and there's an ahjumma but she can't seemed to hear Da Il's voice even though he repeatedly calling her. I think it's the caretaker who buried and then hid Da Il's body, because there's a scene SWH came to the caretaker's cell and he seemed to be talking about the night where Da Il's buried, and SWH got angry. I need eng sub !

to be continue .. :D

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

so .. Da Il woke up in a room of someone's house, there's medicine on a table, and there's an ahjumma but she can't seemed to hear Da Il's voice even though he repeatedly calling her. I think it's the caretaker who buried and then hid Da Il's body, because there's a scene SWH came to the caretaker's cell and he seemed to be talking about the night where Da Il's buried, and SWH got angry. I need eng sub !

Thank U @kaedechan Fighting!

12 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

I am watching yesterday's eps on KBSWorld right now... Sounds like a lot is happening in South Korea now.... He is alive..!! I am so happy to hear that :blush: And looks like I was right before, the caretaker saved him..!! Can't wait to see...!! :wub:

but then Da Il jump out of thin air in Kim Gyeol's house, where SWH already waiting. He can't seemed to move :o, and look scared while listening to SWH talked about something. SWH said something about "uri appa", that means My Dad but also can mean Our Dad isn't it?? So she told him the story the day her dad & brother died. Apparently her father was planning to kill her, by poisoning her drink, but she knew, so she switched her drink with her dad's, that's how her dad died.

skippp ..

Da Il came to YW's house, and YW immediately hug him ! :wub:.  after that the talked about something, looks like a confession (??) from YW, coz after that they look awkward, and without them knowing, Det. Park was just outside the door, and he seemed to hear everything, coz he refrain from opening the door, but he look pretty down, with something he hear from YW & Da Il's conversation.

Okay, so it seemed Da Il's being paralyzed by some kind of drugs, so his physical body remain in that someone's house, but he begin to regain his consciousness, but that ahjumma saw it, and immediately injected him with some drugs. In that house there's an old picture of a young girl holding a baby. Now i begin to think that Da Il and SWH are siblings? :dizzy:

9 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

WAIT. Now Da-Ill has turned from dead to undead?! WHAT THE EFF IS GOIN' ON?!

LMFAo @ the Ahjusshi "I'm not washing this hand until I'm 60!" his affection for Da-Ill is very endearing... 

As long as DI is alive, it's all good!  :D

16 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

but then Da Il jump out of thin air in Kim Gyeol's house, where SWH already waiting. He can't seemed to move :o, and look scared while listening to SWH talked about something. SWH said something about "uri appa", that means My Dad but also can mean Our Dad isn't it?? So she told him the story the day her dad & brother died. Apparently her father was planning to kill her, by poisoning her drink, but she knew, so she switched her drink with her dad's, that's how her dad died.

skippp ..

Da Il came to YW's house, and YW immediately hug him ! :wub:.  after that the talked about something, looks like a confession (??) from YW, coz after that they look awkward, and without them knowing, Det. Park was just outside the door, and he seemed to hear everything, coz he refrain from opening the door, but he look pretty down, with something he hear from YW & Da Il's conversation.

Okay, so it seemed Da Il's being paralyzed by some kind of drugs, so his physical body remain in that someone's house, but he begin to regain his consciousness, but that ahjumma saw it, and immediately injected him with some drugs. In that house there's an old picture of a young girl holding a baby. Now i begin to think that Da Il and SWH are siblings? :dizzy:

OMG... she hugged him :love:  Please, please, please I want to watch it...! And if Da Il & SWH are siblings, then who was the little boy with her father..?! And then Da Il's mom is her mom..?! YES.. THIS IS TOTALLY AMAZING NOW :kiss_wink: Can't wait to see first without eng subs...!!

42 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

OMG... she hugged him :love:  Please, please, please I want to watch it...! And if Da Il & SWH are siblings, then who was the little boy with her father..?! And then Da Il's mom is her mom..?! YES.. THIS IS TOTALLY AMAZING NOW :kiss_wink: Can't wait to see first without eng subs...!!

I can't be sure that Da Il & SWH are siblings, i was just making assumption from what I've seen today, without understanding Korean language at all, well maybe a word or two :lol:

There was a scene where Hyung and YW went to an orphanage (i think), and i think they're trying to get some infos about the caretaker's former jobs or employers. So maybe, just maybe, Da Il was SWH's little brother who was abandoned or put in the orphanage by their father with some reason, like i said, it's just my wild assumptions ! :tounge_xd:

Really can't wait for the eng sub !

@kaedechan Sometimes wild assumptions turn out to be right-on-the-mark.  I think that your theory sounds very possible because one of the big questions for me has been how DI and the Red Lady are connected.  If they are siblings, it would make sense; and especially so because it could explain why the Red Lady killed DI's mother.  

This makes me theorize this:  Since we now know that ghosts repeat patterns and the Red Lady repeats patterns, it makes sense that she would kill her mother since she already killed her father.  And she would resent the mother for rescuing her brother; thus she resents her brother as well and wants to kill him, too.  The Red Lady is all about anger.  We know that Mother's death wasn't recent, so could she be the first of the the line of killings by the Red Lady?  Again, it would make sense if Mother was her immediate target.

What about the kindergarten connection?  Did Red Lady just use that as a lure for DI or is there more?  Interesting stuff.

18 minutes ago, thistle said:

@kaedechan Sometimes wild assumptions turn out to be right-on-the-mark.  I think that your theory sounds very possible because one of the big questions for me has been how DI and the Red Lady are connected.  If they are siblings, it would make sense; and especially so because it could explain why the Red Lady killed DI's mother.  

This makes me theorize this:  Since we now know that ghosts repeat patterns and the Red Lady repeats patterns, it makes sense that she would kill her mother since she already killed her father.  And she would resent the mother for rescuing her brother; thus she resents her brother as well and wants to kill him, too.  The Red Lady is all about anger.  We know that Mother's death wasn't recent, so could she be the first of the the line of killings by the Red Lady?  Again, it would make sense if Mother was her immediate target.

What about the kindergarten connection?  Did Red Lady just use that as a lure for DI or is there more?  Interesting stuff.

Okay, how about this .. Maybe there were 3 children. Dad, SWH and her younger brother stayed at home while mom & Da Il going somewhere. Then Dad tried to kill his children, unfortunately SWH got suspicious and switched her drink, so she's alive but her younger brother didn't. Then maybe mom suspected that something is wrong with her daughter so she decided to abandoned her and took Da Il with her and raise him alone. And that's the start of her anger. What do you think? crazy story huh? :lol:

Just watched the raw eps..!! JUST WOW...THAT HUG..!! She hugged him :heart: She definitely has feelings for him... And she said something more that we couldn't hear :blush: It was the most beautiful scene of them so far... JUST AMAZING!!!! I am so in love with them...!! :wub:

And for the rest of the scenes, I need eng subs right now...!! Let's see if @kaedechan is right...!! :hushed:

Hi there everyone, I've been lurking silently in this thread. I'm sorry to say but Da Il and SWH are not related. From what I understood SWH'm mother ran away from home, then the dad started drinking heavily and was burdened with raising SWH and her little brother. So one day he prepared two Cola bottles for himself and SWH. He said that it'll be all over when they drink it, they'll all end up dead and this will be the end of their suffering. SWH asked for food first and while her dad went to give her a sandwich she switched the bottles. At first, she thought that they'd all die but in the end, she was the only one who survived. Her dad actually planned to kill both of his kids and live without the burden. SWH's caretaker (now dead) managed to write the word "omma" as in "mother" on the wall of his cell before he was killed. So what we were shown is that he couldn't kill Da Il that night and instead, he brought him to SWH's mom. So now Da Il is in SWH's mom's apartment. When she saw that he woke up the woman took a syringe and tried to kill Da Il - that's the cliffhanger. 

33 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

Okay, how about this .. Maybe there were 3 children. Dad, SWH and her younger brother stayed at home while mom & Da Il going somewhere. Then Dad tried to kill his children, unfortunately SWH got suspicious and switched her drink, so she's alive but her younger brother didn't. Then maybe mom suspected that something is wrong with her daughter so she decided to abandoned her and took Da Il with her and raise him alone. And that's the start of her anger. What do you think? crazy story huh? :lol:

Not crazy at all.  There's some good theory there. 

But maybe there's more: 

What started this chain of events?  Why is Dad killing the kids? Was he trying to get insurance money or was he doing it to get revenge on Mother?  Why did Mother leave?

What are the underlying problems:  Abuse? Poverty?  Greed?  

The Red Lady's anger is very deep, so it springs from a very deep source, and I think we haven't begun to reach the bottom of the well.

I also have some strong suspicions about the rich guy (sorry but I can't recall his name).  How weird is it that he suddenly turns up again?  And what if he has deeper connections than we know of?  He seems to know something.  

This is a very serious stretch and very probably a wrong one:  what if the rich guy is related to DI?  Is he old enough to be DI's dad?

Anyway, I could come up with baseless theories for days so I'd better stop!  ^_^

2 hours ago, nateko said:

Hi there everyone, I've been lurking silently in this thread. I'm sorry to say but Da Il and SWH are not related. From what I understood SWH'm mother ran away from home, then the dad started drinking heavily and was burdened with raising SWH and her little brother. So one day he prepared two Cola bottles for himself and SWH. He said that it'll be all over when they drink it, they'll all end up dead and this will be the end of their suffering. SWH asked for food first and while her dad went to give her a sandwich she switched the bottles. At first, she thought that they'd all die but in the end, she was the only one who survived. Her dad actually planned to kill both of his kids and live without the burden. SWH's caretaker (now dead) managed to write the word "omma" as in "mother" on the wall of his cell before he was killed. So what we were shown is that he couldn't kill Da Il that night and instead, he brought him to SWH's mom. So now Da Il is in SWH's mom's apartment. When she saw that he woke up the woman took a syringe and tried to kill Da Il - that's the cliffhanger. 

Even though I got most of my theories wrong, it was fun thinking of them! 

So glad you shared this.....now I've gotta come up with new theories!  :D

..............editing because Oh my goodness.  Forget theories! 

Romantics:  here's what we have been waiting for.

3 hours ago, nateko said:

Thank you ! Although my crazy theory proven to be really crazy, but it's been fun :D

So many happened

1. Da-il is a live

2.he didn't tell YW that he still a life why ?? It more important to find his body now not justo catching that woman ( or did I mistake and he tell them and they searching for him ??? I need  sub I didn't understand the second  half so much)

3.yw had just confessed her feeling she didn't need to say I love you , what she said was more like she can't live if she lose him too ( that was a scene :heart: especially  the way she hug him :love: the words she used :blush:

4. Da-il  clearly  in love with her he more open now about shown his affecting since he has hope that he not just a ghost 

5.  That woman as yw said not cause you was wronged and angry ghost you will kill people , ghost keep first doing what they did before dieing that the normal response, she was angry and a killer even before becoming  a ghost , that why she keeps doing that even after she back to life a really crazy series killer

6.I am waiting for sub to understand if they found the reason  she choice the people who she kill

7. Yw sister boyfriend going crazy killing for her, that behind the forgiving  limit I hope he stop before becoming a killer too

8. Feeling bad for the the police officer he always late  by one step, I feel his heart broken hearing what yw said to da-il  ( he didn't hear what da-ll said for sure but yw words were more than enought  to break his heart) 

Archived