[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

The Ghost Detective was supposed to be aired on KBS World today. Why is it delayed to Friday?

Yesterday, KBS2 didn't air "The Ghost Detective" b'cause of Chuseok Holiday in South Korea... That's why KBS World is blank today.! And they aired those eps today instead of yesterday... And today's eps do air on KBS World tomorrow... You can watch them then.

Hope you found the answer... :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

And looks like we've got few hyung & Da Il scenes today.. Hyung can't see him but, he can feel him...!!. And He told Da Il that he misses him so much... Those are the emotional parts of this drama...!

Yesss, it's so heartbreaking watching hyung keep repeating "i miss you" to Da Il while "holding" Da Il's hand :bawling::bawling:

Watching the episode with subs right now.  Just have to say that the scene where DI learns how to touch things reminded me so much of the scene from the 1990 movie Ghost where Sam's ghost is desperate to learn how to touch things because he wants to save the girl he loves, so he finds the crazy ghost in the subway tunnel and manages to communicate long enough with the non-crazy side of the ghost to learn how to move things using his will.  At the end he is able to kick a drinks can.

So.....a dead guy desperate to save a girl, a crazy ghost with a somewhat sane side, a tunnel, using the force of will, moving a drinks can.  Seem similar?

Not saying it's a rip-off or anything but sure looks like there was some handy source material there.

skip ahead to about 1:45.  even some of the dialogue has similar elements

please note that there is foul language in this clip

All right... Well!! If Sun Woo Hye was stabbed by Yeo Wool, then she could definitely have been killed.. But it's Da Il that stabbed her, so things are totally different now. And she was in a coma for 25yrs.. Now she's adjusting hard herself to the human life... But, what I feel that, now she doesn't remember anything about the past that she killed people while in the coma wearing a red dress....!! Correct me if I am wrong... Now that the real story begins.! Even Da Il can't feel her now, b'cause she's a human... What a twist..??!! :w00t:

And Our OTP, Da Il & Yeo Wool are both attracted to each other... And Yeo Wool isn't afraid of showing her attraction towards him... But he is afraid of showing his attraction towards her...!! It's very clear now. Please Da Il, confess her your true feelings...!! :heart:

And now I am even more attracted to the plot... It's unfair that we've only got 1 hour of TGD this week...!! :confused: Waiting desperately for the next week....!!!!

Ok. Definitely there is romance in this drama. (Still like the detective though - quietly rooting for him even though I know he will not succeed. :ph34r:)

And hit me in the heart, why don't you.

1aUkR9.gif

PS. I have to admit that Lee Ji Ah suits this role - she has an otherworldly, ethereal look about her. Who can turn menacingly evil in a split second.

On 9/20/2018 at 3:37 PM, pika13 said:

Hello. I just started this drama last weekend. 

Just saw this on twitter. Someone had translate interview session with scriptwriter. Based on this interview

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000900854

I have to roll back to find this post :lol:, because it has some interesting hints from the writer of this drama.

So the writer said that Red Lady has higher position as a ghost since Red Lady has been a ghost a lot longer than Da Il so she has more power and abilities, and the writer also said that Da Il will develop other abilities one by one along the way. It will be exciting to know what kind of abilities will Da Il possess next after being able to touch things.

Also she said that the difference between Red Lady and Da Il's power is Da Il's power/ability awaken by the desire to protect the loved one (Yeo Wool *ahem :P).

About the young detective, i wonder how he would react if he finds out that Da Il is a ghost and that it was him whom Yeo Wool seemed to be talking and looking at all this time, or even find out that Yeo Wool possibly has feelings for that ghost :lol:, especially since Yeo Wool called him out that he never believed in her all this time, he just wanted to help out (because he likes her).  I think the young detective and the shaman doctor looks cute together, with their bickering and all :P

I hope we won't have any noble idiocy act in this drama, ugghh i really hate that in a drama. Somehow i think Da Il will do that kind of thing, go disappear so Yeo Wool will move on with her life and not wasting her life for him, that's why he hesitated to comfort her when she's crying in the car, he didn't want to do something that would seemed to lead her on, well that's my opinion hehe ..

Btw i saw some comments on the net that since Da Il can touch the water, then a shower scene is a must :joy::joy:

Now, how will I get thru another torturing week for the next episode ... *sigh

35 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

So the writer said that Red Lady has higher position as a ghost since Red Lady has been a ghost a lot longer than Da Il so she has more power and abilities, and the writer also said that Da Il will develop other abilities one by one along the way. It will be exciting to know what kind of abilities will Da Il possess next after being able to touch things.

Also she said that the difference between Red Lady and Da Il's power is Da Il's power/ability awaken by the desire to protect the loved one (Yeo Wool *ahem :P).

I hope we won't have any noble idiocy act in this drama, ugghh i really hate that in a drama. Somehow i think Da Il will do that kind of thing, go disappear so Yeo Wool will move on with her life and not wasting her life for him, that's why he hesitated to comfort her when she's crying in the car, he didn't want to do something that would seemed to lead her on, well that's my opinion hehe ..

Btw i saw some comments on the net that since Da Il can touch the water, then a shower scene is a must :joy::joy:

Totally agree with you....

Da Il has definitely fallen for her, but he's afraid to put his feelings in to actions b'cause he's not a human anymore...!! And Love is Da Il's power to defeat the lady in red... And there will be a certain situation that even without knowing himself, he would put his feeling in to actions... And that's the beginning of their journey to make their own world & mess up Sun Woo Hye's world...!!

And Sun Woo Hye doesn't seem to remember what she did while in the coma... But she remembers all the childhood memories.. And she said to male nurse that he told her to come there when she needs.. And what is the story of that man..??! It's unclear he's dead by Da Il's hit.. But he's also back for some reason. I still think that Sun Woo Hye's mind is under his control & he's making her do all the creepy work..!! I may be wrong though.. But somehow as in the next preview, looks like he has a master plan to execute...!

Now as you said, I saw that comment of the shower scene also... :D It's a must in K-drama land now...!! But who knows..?? Then can we have a bed scene also..??! :tounge_wink: Just kidding... I don't want to think that far.. But since Da Il can touch things now, there is a little hope in some corner of my heart...!! And there is another must in K-dramas, a kiss in the middle ep of the series...!! :yum: Well, let's wait till the next week....! That's the thing I hate the most though :neutral:

7 hours ago, gm4queen said:

All right... Well!! If Sun Woo Hye was stabbed by Yeo Wool, then she could definitely have been killed.. But it's Da Il that stabbed her, so things are totally different now. And she was in a coma for 25yrs.. Now she's adjusting hard herself to the human life... But, what I feel that, now she doesn't remember anything about the past that she killed people while in the coma wearing a red dress....!! Correct me if I am wrong... Now that the real story begins.! Even Da Il can't feel her now, b'cause she's a human... What a twist..

She remember? She killed people as soon as she open her eyes that not things  she will do as a normal child who wake from coma, she remember that the helper tell her to go to the park is something happen so she remember  everything happen when she was in coma 

That why a kid who wake up from a coma after 25 years is killing people  easly instead of being afraid or confused :pensive:

She the same as the man in tunnel, when the spirit mother try to kill him in place of the young doctor she just wake him up, to be more strong as a living evil, the man in tunnel too remember what he is and what he did.

7 hours ago, gm4queen said:

And Our OTP, Da Il & Yeo Wool are both attracted to each other... And Yeo Wool isn't afraid of showing her attraction towards him... But he is afraid of showing his attraction towards her...!! It's very clear now. Please Da Il, confess her your true feelings...!! :heart:

And now I am even more attracted to the plot... It's unfair that we've only got 1 hour of TGD this week...!! :confused: Waiting desperately for the next week....!!!!

I afraid it hard for da-ill to confess his feeling , he not a man of open feeling from the start, and with his situation as a ghost he it will make  it more harder, did you see how much it was hard for him the fact that he killed the women but hide  it and act it nothing, it okay to feel guilty anyway  he death but yw is a life can't let her do that.

It the same with feeling he act like it okay i am death anyway I just want her to be safe , so I guess or that yw will confess first or  that something  big has to happen for him to lose his self catering control and say  it or do something :smirk:

4 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Ok. Definitely there is romance in this drama. (Still like the detective though - quietly rooting for him even though I know he will not succeed. :ph34r:)

And hit me in the heart, why don't you

Yeh can't  hate the detective or tell him to not like yw, they making it so beautiful to refuse  him too.

4 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

. I have to admit that Lee Ji Ah suits this role - she has an otherworldly, ethereal look about her. Who can turn menacingly evil in a split second

He the best addition to any drama, he can make you laught and love, hate him or cry and being touched  by his feelings so easy ( what  a great actor :thumbsup:) that scene ahh again da-Il  is death that a sad things it something can't be okay at all , he not living he lost his life so early and tragedy, he has people who really missed  him, that man making us remember this again :heartbreak:

2 hours ago, kaedechan said:

Also she said that the difference between Red Lady and Da Il's power is Da Il's power/ability awaken by the desire to protect the loved one (Yeo Wool *ahem

I hope the different stay with the price he has to pay, the doctor said there always a price for messing with human world and breaking the rules , da-il  was trying  to kill a human body even If it was evil it still human body I hope he wouldn't  do more crazy breaking  rules  in the future to save yw  especially that the women now is  a living human and use human to help her 

About the young detective, i wonder how he would react if he finds out that Da Il is a ghost and that it was him whom Yeo Wool seemed to be talking and looking at all this time, or even find out that Yeo Wool possibly has feelings for that ghost :lol:, especially since Yeo Wool called him out that he never believed in her all this time, he just wanted to help out (because he likes her).  I think the young detective and the shaman doctor looks cute together, with their bickering and all :P

I waiting to see that too, he was like at his limit in Ep6 " who are you looking  at" , I guess he will know next episode he not stupid he catching thing and he know about the ghost theory now , and it not normal that da- Il  don't show  up and wit yw  behaviour 

As we saw in the preview  he will start thinking about the possibility that da-il  is a ghost too, can't wait to see that , poor man fighting a ghost for his love ( and a ghost he can't see ) :joy:

Now, how will I get thru another torturing week for the next episode ... *sigh

It hard for him too , he a solder  with houner  and great responsibility feeling for other why I said it hard for him to confess his feeling , we see that it was okay touching her at first but now he hesitate cause he aware  of his feelings, he trying  to stop himself before getting it deeper  or messing with yw  living life, now that he hesitate  more that mean he for sure more aware  of his feeling that he loves her as a women.

Totally agree with you....

Da Il has definitely fallen for her, but he's afraid to put his feelings in to actions b'cause he's not a human anymore...!! And Love is Da Il's power to defeat the lady in red... And there will be a certain situation that even without knowing himself, he would put his feeling in to actions... And that's the beginning of their journey to make their own world & mess up Sun Woo Hye's world...!

Poor ghost , finding a love after he he died , I want him to be a life a man like him  has the right to have happy life once too ,  

About his new power and feeling I guess the more yw  in danger  the more he will lose his big self control  I don't mind  some jealous from the detective too but da-il don't look  like a man who will lose his control  cause he jealous  ( or maybe not :smirk:

And Sun Woo Hye doesn't seem to remember what she did while in the coma... But she remembers all the childhood memories.. And she said to male nurse that he told her to come there when she needs.. And what is the story of that man..??! It's unclear he's dead by Da Il's hit.. But he's also back for some reason. I still think that Sun Woo Hye's mind is under his control & he's making her do all the creepy work..!! I may be wrong though.. But somehow as in the next preview, looks like he has a master plan to execute...!

How she don't remember  if she killed people on her hands when she wake up, messed with the young man mind in the hospital as soon as she saw him , she for sure remember that she can control human mind too , so she remember  what she did 

About her acting like  a innocent  child who trying  to enjoy the world that part of her child part, she still evil  but also a child like  who playing just a game ( a crazy game  she was never  learned the normal logic human being) 

14 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

Don't you think Attorney Baek is kinda suspicious? she called someone and said that it seemed  Da Il is in command. Whom did she reported to? What's her motive to help them? I think it's more than just "old ties" like she said ..

I think too  and after the emil  da-Il send her thread her about being watching him she said "I wasn't the only one watching "

So I guess she work for someone who keep eyes on da-Il  I don't know  if he a good person or not but I don't see her as someone who want to harm da-Il  she still feel guilty about losing his case that case change her life too and how she look at the world. So let hope for some good power helping  da-il

But da-Il has his reason for not full  trusting her from the start there a piece of their  story we still don't know.

Another  more suspicious person yw sister boyfriend he know the women in red, when he saw her in news he was shocked, and next episode she will go to him trying to control him or thread him to kill yw  , something wrong with him , how come he know her and still a life , how come the women in red and her hepler  know him so well  and he seemed  has feeling of guilt  when he meet yw  , I hope he not evil too  , or had a hand on yw sister death !!! 

Or worst another lover river coming in the line :joy:

Now for really why every body connect what that women was doing all those  years  why she killed this people , just cause they was weak in mind she had a chance or is there  some hidden reason and connecting between them???? 

@nona88 YR's ex-boyfriend is called Kim Kyeol. The latter disappeared at some point and in my opinion, he could have been sent there in order to spy on the girls. Maybe the evil spirit/lady in red didn't know the identity of the girl who was born on the day she jumped from the roof. I guess, he got scared when he realized that death would follow. In my opinion, she will ask him to go after YW. I had thought that they were siblings but who knows...

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

How she don't remember  if she killed people on her hands when she wake up, messed with the young man mind in the hospital as soon as she saw him , she for sure remember that she can control human mind too , so she remember  what she did 

About her acting like  a innocent  child who trying  to enjoy the world that part of her child part, she still evil  but also a child like  who playing just a game ( a crazy game  she was never  learned the normal logic human being)

Yes.. it's a good point...!! She killed 4 people as soon as she woke up. But those murders don't seem intentional.. In this case, she definitely has her previous power, but she's not fully aware of it..!! It just happens by her.. And does she remember Da Il & Yeo Wool..?? Don't know yet. There is a scene in next preview where she says to Kim Gyeol ( I think), do as she says or she'll kill Yeo Wool...!! Is it said by the present lady ..?. Or it's possible that Kim Gyeol recalls something the lady in red said about Yeo Wool..! And as @bebebisous33 just said, he must have been blackmailing by the lady in red... He was shocked when he saw "the lady in red is disappeared" news on TV... Looks like he knows about the hidden secrets of the lady in red...!! :hushed:

And now, so that she is a person, how come Da Il get to know her next moves...??!! This is getting more interested by each ep... Can't wait!!!!!

I wondered if Red Lady somehow got more "power" by killing those four people, so I thought she did it on purpose.  If it hadn't been intentional, she would have killed her helper guy (can't remember his name), too, since he was also in the room (albeit unconscious).  

Whose home did sun woo hye go to after she left the hospital where she was putting on makeup and eating? and who is the girl in the photos? and why that man in the hospital saw sunwoo hye turning in to that guardian or as he said he was a man but he didn't know why he thought it was a wonan? was it just some sort of hallucinations that sunwoo hye used to make to her victims or some thing else? I feel like every small detail has its own relation to the main plot but I don't know how :lol: too many mysteries

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nona88 YR's ex-boyfriend is called Kim Kyeol. The latter disappeared at some point and in my opinion, he could have been sent there in order to spy on the girls. Maybe the evil spirit/lady in red didn't know the identity of the girl who was born on the day she jumped from the roof. I guess, he got scared when he realized that death would follow. In my opinion, she will ask him to go after YW. I had thought that they were siblings but who knows...

Yeh dear something hidden  with that man from the start when they talk about him disappeared to the fact that yw  sister search for him but didn't say anything to her sister as he said before. 

And every move  he did till now make us think that he hidden things!! Did he worked  for that women before or he was one of her victims !!! I hope not more shocking facts to yw  she has enought  till now, but it keep hunting me again thar maybe her sister and parents death has another hidden story  that we don't know about yet !!

Yes.. it's a good point...!! She killed 4 people as soon as she woke up. But those murders don't seem intentional.. In this case, she definitely has her previous power, but she's not fully aware of it..!! It just happens by her.. And does she remember Da Il & Yeo Wool..?? Don't know yet. There is a scene in next preview where she says to Kim Gyeol ( I think), do as she says or she'll kill Yeo Wool...!! Is it said by the present lady ..?. Or it's possible that Kim Gyeol recalls something the lady in red said about Yeo Wool..! And as @bebebisous33 just said, he must have been blackmailing by the lady in red... He was shocked when he saw "the lady in red is disappeared" news on TV... Looks like he knows about the hidden secrets of the lady in red...!! :hushed:

And now, so that she is a person, how come Da Il get to know her next moves...??!! This is getting more interested by each ep... Can't wait!!!!!

I am going with the theory  that she remember cause two reason , first, she show the same creepy face and smile  when she kill that the women in red personality  ( not just the  smile and face but her behaviour) that not something the young kid had, killing without regret and having fun using other things  after killing them she not doing that easy as it was her first time it was a doing of someone who used  to see blood and bring death and has no feeling or  guilt.

Second reason , I want her to remember, at start I thought that they going to play that card that  she wake up after all what she did to live normal without any memories and they has to let her go,   I was going to say it not fair for all the victims even if she was innocent now . but she wake up and keep killing people and keep control other mind so at least let her also remember everything she did before too ( she at least now a really series killer can they kill her without regret or at least  kill the evil power she has and lock her first the rest of her life paying for what she did ).

About da-Il he said they need now to know her reason  ( why??) Cause if she a human now and not a ghost to find her they need to understand her reason  for killing people that maybe help them find her place , next target or know her next move 

Before why she do that  wasn't the lost important  thing cause finding her and her human Id come first , but know  that she keeps Killing even after wake up they need to think of her as normal  criminal too, understanding her reason and finding her true that the only way to find her now to stop her .

5 minutes ago, thistle said:

I wondered if Red Lady somehow got more "power" by killing those four people, so I thought she did it on purpose.  If it hadn't been intentional, she would have killed her helper guy (can't remember his name), too, since he was also in the room (albeit unconscious).  

The helper guy is in her childhood memories.. So she left him alone..!! But I am confused that how did she killed those people.. I mean they eyes were red, but then...??! They didn't commit suicide, did they.?! And I have a weird feeling that Sun Woo Hye doesn't remember her previous power.. Or it doesn't add anything new to the plot.. The lady in red is temporary off the radar... Looks like she doesn't remember her...! Those people just died..!! And soon, Sun Woo Hye will start to recall what she did in the past...!!

I don't know... Just my stupid theory!!! Want to know about you guys...! :blush:

However, she did end up killing a random stranger to take her clothes?

Maybe in a way, she doesn't know what is right and wrong - just what is right for her.

She needs clothes - sees a woman in pretty dress - poof - the woman is dead and she is wearing the pretty dress.

Interesting to find out if she is fully aware of the 'dark' side. And considering that something traumatic happened to her at such a young age, she is somewhat mentally stuck ?

11 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

The helper guy is in

her childhood memories.. So she left him alone..!! But I am confused that how did she killed those people.. I mean they eyes were red, but then...??! They didn't commit suicide, did they.?! And I have a weird feeling that Sun Woo Hye doesn't remember her previous power.. Or it doesn't add anything new to the plot.. The lady in red is temporary off the radar... Looks like she doesn't remember her...! Those people just died..!! And soon, Sun Woo Hye will start to recall what she did in the past...!!

I don't know... Just my stupid theory!!! Want to know about you guys...! :blush:

Whatever Red Lady did to kill them, it was because she could basically get inside them because there was blood.  I remember how they said in a later scene that she could now control living people.

I'm also thinking Red Lady = Blood.  Maybe it gives her power somehow?  Just guessing!  Oh my, could this make her some sort of vampire!  :huh:

Your theory isn't stupid.  It means that you are thinking, and that's a good thing.  :)

18 minutes ago, mayada quotb said:

Whose home did sun woo hye go to after she left the hospital where she was putting on makeup and eating? and who is the girl in the photos? and why that man in the hospital saw sunwoo hye turning in to that guardian or as he said he was a man but he didn't know why he thought it was a wonan? was it just some sort of hallucinations that sunwoo hye used to make to her victims or some thing else? I feel like every small detail has its own relation to the main plot but I don't know how :lol: too many mysteries

I thought she went to the apartment that belonged to the lady whose body she stole.

so many mysteries in this drama, and so many theories has been thrown out here, i really hope the next episodes will clear some of the mysteries, so the plot wouldn't get boring, because i saw a lot of comments on the net who thinks the plots getting boring and confusing and they say that's why the rating is so low :(:(

I love mystery and horror drama/movie, and i love choi daniel :P so that's why i'm so excited with this drama, but i can't stand looking at the rating, it'll be a burden for the actors .. 

sorry, just needed to ramble..  :tears:

Archived