[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

8 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

No, i think he's still invisible to others, because the man, the red lady caretaker couldn't see Da Il when Da Il came to hospital room to save Yeo Eul

Oh... Thank you for informing...!! Looks like a lot happened in today's eps..!! I couldn't watch it anywhere today... :o Can't wait to see them..!! :heart:

And you are highly welcome to the thread...!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, gm4queen said:
1 hour ago, kaedechan said:

oh nooo, i think Da Il made a bargain with that ghost in the tunnel, so he now can touch things .. remember that M.E. lady said that ghosts can have some power, but with a price :fearful:

He worried so much about Yeo-Eul that he did this so he can protect her. Da Il what did you do :bawling::bawling:

Then is he visible others as well...?? Please... Please... Please...tell me!! I want to know....

I need the sub or maybe to wait for next week to know what the deal da-il  made there a price to have that power it always come from evil source 

He still can't be seeing by other beside yw  but he can now  touch things, open door and even touch , hit and kill human being by using  his own hands

From the preview the body of the women on red was not found and there a hints she come back  I don't know if it as full human with or without power or as full more crazy powerful  ghost, anyway I think the man in tunnel trick them when he said they will kill her maybe he want to send her free and need da-Il to do that 

P.s. I wasn't even thinking that they will find her so soon and the game will start after she out of her coma !!! I though they will find her  in last two weeks but what  a nice game they did her , now it a new level I guess with da-il  and that women new power change 

14 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Oh... Thank you for informing...!! Looks like a lot happened in today's eps..!! I couldn't watch it anywhere today... :o Can't wait to see them..!! :heart:

And you are highly welcome to the thread...!!

I watched it thru' live streaming coz' i just can't wait until tomorrow on KBS even though i didn't understand korean :D. Thanks for your warm welcome chingu !

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

I need the sub or maybe to wait for next week to know what the deal da-il  made there a price to have that power it always come from evil source 

He still can't be seeing by other beside yw  but he can now  touch things, open door and even touch , hit and kill human being by using  his own hands

From the preview the body of the women on red was not found and there a hints she come back  I don't know if it as full human with or without power or as full more crazy powerful  ghost, anyway I think the man in tunnel trick them when he said they will kill her maybe he want to send her free and need da-Il to do that 

P.s. I wasn't even thinking that they will find her so soon and the game will start after she out of her coma !!! I though they will find her  in last two weeks but what  a nice game they did her , now it a new level I guess with da-il  and that women new power change 

The forensic doctor said, it comes with a price: it means that your life as a ghost is shortened.

For the first time, I've just watched the full hour without eng subs... Understood some parts :o... At the end, Da Il killed her...!!!!!!! But why...??!! To save Yeo Wool from being the suspect....?? But NO... His eyes are red...!!! Now, does he has all the evilness of the lady in red..??!! 100% agree with you @Heidi Seow.... Da Il. please don't turn in to evil!!!!!!!!!! :flushed:.. Or he would be unstoppable!!!!

And when Da Il scolded Yeo Wool for some reason (need eng subs), She was broken inside b'cause of him...!! And she wrote a note that " Thank you for helping me so far & Please don't care for me anymore" ( need eng subs:D)....!!!!! Isn't it the sign that she's already falling for him...??!! And he was also broken inside b'cause he can't help her...!! Next, look at the police officer.... He was so fierce when he knew that Yeo Wool is disappeared..!! Now, this will be more interesting with Police officer>Yeo Wool>Da Il........... :tounge_wink:

Can't wait for eng subs.........

On 9/18/2018 at 9:35 PM, allegramente said:

I love your explanation because .... believe it or not.... I found this drama 'logical' and in a way 'realistic'.... and thus scarier than, say, the others that are also airing.

On the title though, I am more intrigued with the korean title, which translates to "Today's Detective..." or perhaps "Modern Day Detective"... because the topic of ghosts and spirits aren't part of today's scientific pursuits... hence my weird laugh on the  “Ministry of Science and ICT” detail.

I actually 'rejoiced' when I saw The Woman In Red, not white (so last century ghosting). She would fit as a modern day ghost for being 'instagrammable'... if you know what I mean... Somehow, I see her as the Id (of Id, Ego, and Superego -- the girl splits to three...) because due to some game influence in the past, I've associated Id with red and the superego with black. So... I am expecting to see another one in black....

Or... is it Da-Il The Man In Black? since he wears black...... Oh, well....

One more thing...

Your comment here about the id, ego and superego, made me write about the theme of suicide in this kdrama. Since suicide is a raw topic and not everyone is comfortable with this, I am posting my analysis only on my blog. 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/09/19/the-ghost-detective-on-the-suicide-theme

Suicide is essentially an invisible and silent killer, just like the Woman in Red. 

And for me, the beauty (or horror, depending on how you look at it) of this kdrama is that it allows us to explore the subject of suicide up-close but dispassionately. It shows suicide as an outsider, a dangerous and cold-blooded murderer and it demonstrates how she manipulates her victims to self-destruct. 

It's when we listen to her lies, distortions, and hatred that we begin to internalize the destructive enemy within us.

I haven't watched this week's episodes but I''ll catch up with you ladies soon. 

So basically he freed her from her coma and now the women in red (the litt!e gir!) can be 'Alive' in a sense and move around and be while 24/7? And I don't think he is dead, cuz the lady in red can't touch him and he can touch her. 

Hey guys! I'm a bit behind on this drama since I only started watching it this week.

I'm on episode 3 (or 5) and something I found interesting. Da-Il was able to touch Yeo-Wool's sister hearing aid and when Yeo-Wool used it (because she could only hear the pitching sound) she started to hallucinate (due to the woman in red). I'm guessing her sister didn't use the hearing aid not because she was ashamed but because every time she used it she would ear/hallucinate as well. That's why, after she was caught and threatened by her manager she wore it at work, what ultimately led to her death. 

My question is: why the hearing aid? Why can Da-Il touch it? Was it because it was the vehicle that enabled the woman in red to cause hallucinations to the girl?

I don't know if this was discussed before in the thread, sorry :/

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm starting the second part hahahaha

@packmule3 love your analysis on how this show explore the subject of suicide... You've articulated why I am drawn to this ghost drama... How this invisible killer is given shape and color: red, a seducer. This drama is personally timely because a close friend is currently battling depression. Thankfully now it's looking up although when she and I spoke last night, she still gets suicidal thoughts however infrequently... 

Indeed, Yeo-Wool is vulnerable at this moment. And it's interesting how, as you wrote, she is by being painted as strong, cheerful and bright, considering her recent traumatic life event, that it deceives some people (the police chief, "her bright personality grows on me..").

I love my heroines plucky and strong... but I felt her over-compensating her emotional downs would take its toll somehow... That, in the light of recent episodes, she is going after the woman in red herself, in a red car, in a "suicide" mission however "noble" she thinks she is being...

7 hours ago, gm4queen said:

For the first time, I've just watched the full hour without eng subs... Understood some parts :o... At the end, Da Il killed her...!!!!!!! But why...??!! To save Yeo Wool from being the suspect....?? But NO... His eyes are red...!!! Now, does he has all the evilness of the lady in red..??!! 100% agree with you @Heidi Seow.... Da Il. please don't turn in to evil!!!!!!!!!! :flushed:.. Or he would be unstoppable!!!!

And when Da Il scolded Yeo Wool for some reason (need eng subs), She was broken inside b'cause of him...!! And she wrote a note that " Thank you for helping me so far & Please don't care for me anymore" ( need eng subs:D)....!!!!! Isn't it the sign that she's already falling for him...??!! And he was also broken inside b'cause he can't help her...!! Next, look at the police officer.... He was so fierce when he knew that Yeo Wool is disappeared..!! Now, this will be more interesting with Police officer>Yeo Wool>Da Il........... :tounge_wink:

Can't wait for eng subs.........

I'm not sure izzit Da II really kill lady in red or not coz I have not idea where Da II stabbed at and it cover with hand. So lets think about positive is might Da II stabbed on the bed sheet... *positive* :fearful: and probably he wanna stop Yeo Wool to kill lady in red and get trouble.... 

I read from The Ghost Detective website and there is a clue there.. The way how to defeat anger is "love". So let's see what will happen on next week!

Hahaha plots is getting interested and I really cant wait for sub and next week. ~~!!! 

Just watched 2 eps with eng sub....!!!!

WOW... this is becoming SO dramatic now....!! Da Il stabbed her for sure... Now either she will destroy with her evil soul or she will get back to life...!! (The next week preview shows her standing on the street & no one seems to see her)...What could it be..??!! And then what will happen to Da Il..?? Will he remain the same way as he was or better or even worst..?? He stabbed her after 1am so, the evil spirit must had with her...!!

And that man said that Yeo Wool was born in the same day as the lady in red committed suicide at the age of 12... Yes, that's the perfect connection... Only Yeo Wool can destroy her.. But Da Il didn't let her do that b'cause if so, she would be the murderer for killing the lady in red.. And now, no one can know that what exactly happened...

This is SO fantastic now.... Can't wait for the next eps....!!

Da Il :heart: Yeo Wool MV (Music Video) is coming soon by me...!!!!! I hope all you guys will like my MV... :wub: Now I am shipping them so hard... They are slowly falling for each other... And their eyes when they were fighting about the lady in red...!!!!!!!!!

And by the way, He is the biggest "Dilemma" right now.... :D

Just finish watched episode 11 and 12 with sub!!! OMG!! Can we jump to next week? Can we? :bawling: 

Preview show there is a body with patient's shirt, who is he/she? The foot looks like male for me.. :sweat_smile:  

Btw do you guys notice that on episode 5 & 6 when Da II at kindergarten's toilet, mirror reflect his back.:no_mouth:

If he is ghost, there should be no shadow..........:sweat_smile: What do guys think? 

11 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Just watched 2 eps with eng sub....!!!!

WOW... this is becoming SO dramatic now....!! Da Il stabbed her for sure... Now either she will destroy with her evil soul or she will get back to life...!! (The next week preview shows her standing on the street & no one seems to see her)...What could it be..??!! And then what will happen to Da Il..?? Will he remain the same way as he was or better or even worst..?? He stabbed her after 1am so, the evil spirit must had with her...!!

And that man said that Yeo Wool was born in the same day as the lady in red committed suicide at the age of 12... Yes, that's the perfect connection... Only Yeo Wool can destroy her.. But Da Il didn't let her do that b'cause if so, she would be the murderer for killing the lady in red.. And now, no one can know that what exactly happened...

This is SO fantastic now.... Can't wait for the next eps....!!

What caught my attention were the words from the caretaker in the episode 5:

Ghostdetective 5.png 

He was actually referring to YW and Kim Kyeol, the ex-boyfriend of YR. He never mentioned the name of the kids, however the lady in red/12 years old girl knew whom he meant. Therefore I came to this theory that Kim Kyeol might be related to YW and the latter doesn't know it yet.

Moreover, the caretaker thought in front of YW that both siblings wouldn't look much alike (episode 5). Later, YW remembered his words and thought he was comparing her to YR. But in my opinion, he could have compared her to KK whom they had just met. 

Then we shouldn't forget KK's words, when she is alone with him: Ghost detective 5 boyfriend.png 

It was as if he knew what was happening to YW due to the lady in red.

Then we discover in the episode 6 that YW was born on the same day than the girl committed suicide. So I have this impression that in reality KK could be the one that the lady in red has been looking for. The caretaker was looking for the perfect fetch and saw in YW the perfect fetch. However, I suspect that YW and KK could have been siblings in the first place but they were separated. YW grew up thinking that YR was her sister... however her fate was to meet her real brother who became YR's boyfriend. Notice that KK disappeared all of the sudden... So his appearance is indeed suspicious, in my opinion he might have realized that YW was targeted by the lady in red after hearing about YR's suicide.

This would explain why YR became her victim in the first place as she thought that YR represented a thread to her as she needs YW.     

finished watching the last episodes with engsub for the second times today :D. I really think Da Il and Yeo Wool should start talking honestly about everything they know (and feel ;)). I know it's because they try to protect each other, but it's making the whole things worse in my opinion.

Like Da Il who didn't tell Yeo Wool that the Red Lady threatened him to kill everyone who loves him (that means Da Il knew or felt that Yeo Wool love him) instead he just snapped at Yeo Wool and told her that she shouldn't involve in the case anymore, with the result of Yeo Wool run off and try to find the Red Lady on her own.

Or Yeo Wool who lied to Da Il and say that she didn't hear anything from the hearing aid at the hospital because she didn't want Da Il to get worried that it's her who have to kill the Red Lady, and you know how that went .. Da Il made a bargain with that ghost because he's so desperate and hopeless to save Yeo Wool.

I really hope there will be some romance between them, but i'm not sure we're gonna have a happy ending for this couple (i hope i'm wrong please God !)

*sorry for bad grammar, english not my first language ^_^^_^

Aish. The plot gets more convoluted with each ep. :crazy:

I just find Da-Ill's outbursts of anger hilarious:lol: though I do understand his frustration. So it must've felt good to be able to punch the living daylights out of that male nurse. 

I'm also laughing at the Ahjusshi when he feels left out of the loop:lol: Everyone else on the team runs off on their own & doesn't tell him anything LoL! 

In next ep. preview the lady in red is now walking among the living? I mean that's impossible... She was in coma for over 2 decades... And why 4 deaths?! :huh:

I'm seriously contemplating on whether to keep watching at this point, as not only the horror elements sort of overwhelm my viewing experience but the plot combined as well... 

Archived