[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

OMG... @darr.......... Are you an Indian...?? Your name totally goes with the plot here.. B'cause "Darr" is "Fear" in hindi.... right????!! :D..  I agree 100% with your opinion... Daniel always picked sweet rom-coms... But this is faraway...!!!! :o And KBS2 isn't known as horror genre channel either, is it...??!!! But I am truly enjoying the outcome.... It looks like the drama already has a lot of local & international fame despite the horror stuff..!!! People really like this kind of genre now.... Even if you want to drop this drama, there is some strange vibe of making you hooked even more to it.... I think that is the uniqueness of this drama....!!!! So, please don't drop it... This will be a new experience for us & for Daniel himself..!!!!! I am already touched with the plot... The lady in red doesn't like anyone being happy...!!!!!! She is so cruel........ Want to know more about her. Looks like she & Da Il have some unfinished business in the past.....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that he can't use his hand because the hand was the only member that was not buried. Notice that when he tries to open the doors or touch something, it is his right hand and it was his right hand that was coming out from the soil. On the other hand, his head could touch the door.

It is still possible that Dae Il is not dead but like the lady in red living in a comatose state. The red lady uses fear and guilt in order to push people to commit suicide. The question is: did her father really commit suicide? I mean, in the scene she was just staring at his body. So maybe that's her version of the story. It looks like the story told to the lady in red is somehow related to her story: evil spirit that punished the person that freed him. On the other hand, he granted the person three wishes. So maybe the lady in red has been granted three wishes: like f. ex. as a spirit, she can live forever and has immense power. 

40 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I believe that he can't use his hand because the hand was the only member that was not buried. Notice that when he tries to open the doors or touch something, it is his right hand and it was his right hand that was coming out from the soil. On the other hand, his head could touch the door.

It is still possible that Dae Il is not dead but like the lady in red living in a comatose state. The red lady uses fear and guilt in order to push people to commit suicide. The question is: did her father really commit suicide? I mean, in the scene she was just staring at his body. So maybe that's her version of the story. It looks like the story told to the lady in red is somehow related to her story: evil spirit that punished the person that freed him. On the other hand, he granted the person three wishes. So maybe the lady in red has been granted three wishes: like f. ex. as a spirit, she can live forever and has immense power. 

WOAH..!! Your analysis is great...!!!!!!! It's his right hand coming out of the mud & he can't touch anything with it... Maybe if he uses his other hand... I don't know.. But he can feel the pain, sit on chair & bed etc... He surely has some connection with the human world... And also how come his body disappeared from the solid.????!! He is somewhere there for sure....!!!

19 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

OK. Totally shocked to see her here.....pulling off dragonfly wings. Since I am seeing her all cute and spunky in another currently airing drama.

I was so surprised that how come she be sweet & evil at the same time...??!! Very talented little girl.... :)

And Lee Ji Ah is perfect for the  lady in red character... She has a strange vibe on her face that totally fits in to the character...!!!!!! :flushed:  Love all the characters in the show.....!!!!

600znT.png

credit to @Dramanoona This person might play a role more important than it seems. Like I had pointed it out, we never saw the face of the person burying Dae Il. So maybe he might be the one responsible.

• Then don't you find it weird that he met YW by coincidence and even ruined her drink by accident? I have the impression that he could have wanted this meeting, however he can not reveal his true identity or better said the real purpose of their meeting. 
  • Right now, they are focusing on the identity of the lady in red. But what if the spirit in the form of the lady in red is in fact the evil spirit that she freed from the pot? Maybe by reading the story, the man wanted to awaken the soul of this woman that is trapped by the evil spirit. We saw a tear in her eye... so she definitely felt something else than anger and evil. In other words, she could have recognized herself but is unable to free herself from that spirit. This explains why the evil spirit appears in the same form. The spirit is so strong that the woman can not die.
  • So what if the person who buried Dae Il wanted him to become a ghost in order to catch that evil spirit as he is well aware that no human would ever be able to catch him? But for that, he needed to do a ceremony: bury him and then hide the body elsewhere (again at a hospital in a coma). Therefore this man above could be someone who knows more than he appears to be. 

This leads me to this theory: When they discover her identity, they realize somehow that by killing her won't solve the problem? Notice that the spirit is so powerful that it can possess anyone... 

I had to read the pot part over & over again to understand your theory @bebebisous33....!!!!! I really missed that part...

41833266_2058731974438338_51110842298280

And how can a 12 years old girl have 3 vows here...?????!!!!! It indicates that this 12 years old girl has all the 3 vows on her hand... So what are those...???!! Being 12 yrs old, being in a deep sleep & being an evil spirit.. Or is it just make people possessed, make people do crimes & make people commit suicide....???!! I am so curious to know this girl's true intention.... I thought it was the past that she was a girl in her childhood... But is it possible that the 3 of little girl, the woman in hospital & the evil red lady exist at the same time...??!! I don't know about the little girl here, but it looks like the lady in red is stopping the lady in hospital from being cured.... And if they can destroy the lady in red, then everything will get back to normal itself... And Da Il, Yeo Wool & hyung don't know that the lady in red is not only a spirit but also she is in the hospital at the same time... WOW!! So many things to know here....!!!!! Now. waiting........!!!!

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

But is it possible that the 3 of little girl, the woman in hospital & the evil red lady exist at the same time...??!!

well, the little girl is no longer a little girl since the incident seems to happen in 1993.

but there could be a chance that she's not the woman in red dress,

though i think she is.

I'm joining this thread!

It's interesting that the woman in bed (red) shed a tear. Perhaps the horrible things she does to people is because she can't do that to herself. She would rather die than  living that way, attached to a life support and become a burden.

I'd like to think there are other forces at play. Why Da-Il becomes a ghost? Is it because of his Mother's sacrifice (a la Harry Potter)? The woman in red had promised (for what it's worth...) not to harm Da-Il but she breaks that promise...  So his soul survives. And Yi-Rang perhaps also has put protection for Yeo-Wool just in case.. 

Why Da-Il can't open/cross doors... this reminds me of the vampires code in True Blood and also Let The Right One In (Let Me In is the US remake). The owner of the house must issue invitation or explicitly let them in (just like that scene with food). Perhaps there's similar rule here. He can't just barge in. Or... it's an "experience" thing, he's fresh out of grave and unexperienced in ghosting.

I don't know... but I like being confused here.

The story of the pot is actually quite sad as it chronicles how hope can become despair and turn into menace.

It appears that the little girl stayed in the house/room with the decomposing body of her father and sibling. Why didn't she call for help or run away? Perhaps it's a case of learned helplessness when you start to believe that nothing you do will change the situation.

With evil, it attacks a weakened mind - and (following Guest), once you have a weakness, it allows to evil to permeate your thoughts and you act out these evil thoughts.

I am quite enjoying this drama. WIth the supernatural theme, you have to suspend some belief. However, the themes are still about what was mentioned before. GUILT.FEAR. Your deepest thoughts manifesting itself into reality.

@bebebisous33, your speculations are interesting. I just finished watching the episode and it does look like the doctor willfully spilt that drink on YW. The whole portrayal and camera work in that scene says this meeting or moment is important. Things are getting more interesting.

I find it a little frustrating that our investigation team is so helpless though. Their investigation skills are what they should be but in terms of facing the lady in red, both YW and Da II fear her. They have no way to defend themselves. For instance, in most supernatural tv shows that I’ve watched there is often something that is a weak spot for ghosts, vampires, werewolves, etc. Da II and YW can only get lucky every time because what the lady in red whispers still obviously affect them even though they know her game. So the show feels a little too one sided in this aspect. 

The coroner lady seems to have guts. I wonder if she would be afraid of the lady in red too. They have some people in supernatural shows that say they fear the living more than the dead. I wonder if she falls into that category.

Choi Daniel Surprises “The Ghost Detective” Staff With Food Truck

by yshin

984d8b581e1141caa23079b22c4169c8.jpeg?s=

The staff of “The Ghost Detective” are receiving a lot of love from Choi Daniel!

On September 14, Choi Daniel’s agency J,WIDE-Company posted on its official Instagram page, “He’s buying, he’s buying, actor Choi Daniel is buying. Delicious snacks that have arrived on set of ‘The Ghost Detective.’ We enjoyed the food thanks to the chef.”

The post included an image of Choi Daniel standing in front of the food truck with a bright smile on his face. He rests a hand on the chef’s shoulder, expressing his gratitude for the food. The sign on the truck reads, “Thank you to all the production staff, seniors, and my colleagues.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1230257wpp/choi-daniel-surprises-ghost-detective-staff-food-truck

13 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I find it a little frustrating that our investigation team is so helpless though. Their investigation skills are what they should be but in terms of facing the lady in red, both YW and Da II fear her. They have no way to defend themselves. For instance, in most supernatural tv shows that I’ve watched there is often something that is a weak spot for ghosts, vampires, werewolves, etc. Da II and YW can only get lucky every time because what the lady in red whispers still obviously affect them even though they know her game. So the show feels a little too one sided in this aspect.

You are right... Our investigation team is so helpless b'cause our hero can't touch anything or do things his own. But they have a big advantage... Now, Da Il can feel the presence of the lady in red... He can feel her. He can hear her & he can see her. I think it will be a strength to them, b'cause unawareness is too dangerous in the case of the lady in red... At least now he can know her next target....!!! It will be his hyung next week...!!! :o.

As you said, things are getting more interested & I am getting more addicted...!! It is said that girls shouldn't watch these kind of dramas... But I can't help it...!! Looking forward to know more about our leads...!! How will it be if they fall in love...??!! :heart:

The red woman wants killing people who are angry like her before !

She was very angry when nobody came saving her !

And Yeo Woel is always angry wo why she's manipulated  by Red woman !

I don't know why she's always angry for everything this girl haizzz

and I don't know why Da Il is scared when he's a ghost now ???!!

I can't watch 2 dramas at night now : The guest and this one , bc I can't

sleep especially with The guest hahahaha

4 hours ago, gm4queen said:

I had to read the pot part over & over again to understand your theory @bebebisous33....!!!!! I really missed that part...

And how can a 12 years old girl have 3 vows here...?????!!!!! It indicates that this 12 years old girl has all the 3 vows on her hand... So what are those...???!! Being 12 yrs old, being in a deep sleep & being an evil spirit.. Or is it just make people possessed, make people do crimes & make people commit suicide....???!! I am so curious to know this girl's true intention.... I thought it was the past that she was a girl in her childhood... But is it possible that the 3 of little girl, the woman in hospital & the evil red lady exist at the same time...??!! I don't know about the little girl here, but it looks like the lady in red is stopping the lady in hospital from being cured.... And if they can destroy the lady in red, then everything will get back to normal itself... And Da Il, Yeo Wool & hyung don't know that the lady in red is not only a spirit but also she is in the hospital at the same time... WOW!! So many things to know here....!!!!! Now. waiting........!!!!

You misunderstood me. The little girl is the woman in the coma. When her father died, it was in 1993, since then a long time has passed.

However, remember that in the story, the evil spirit told the person, he had planned from the start to kill that person who helped the evil spirit to escape from its prison (pot). And if you look at the actual situation, the woman in the coma is actually more or less dead. She is trapped in that body and can not die. In my opinion, this is the death that the evil spirit was talking about. However, it shows that her "death" (coma) is the only way for the spirit to act freely... Hence the story told by the man makes me believe that the evil spirit deceived the person. He never meant to kill the person but use the body and soul in order to become free again. In reality, he uses her spirit in order to kill others. In my opinion, the evil ensures that the woman doesn't die. That way, he can still move around. As for the three vows... usually in fairy tales, people always receive three wishes. So the number is not a coincidence: 3 represents perfection (like the Trinity). 

As for the wishes and vows, we still don't know anything... but I guess that the girl could have asked for help, especially if she was abused by her father. I think, the suicide of her father marks the beginning of the partnership between the "girl/woman in the coma" and the evil spirit. The lady in red used the same words than others: burden to someone, escape a terrible situation.... so the official suicide could have been in reality a murder caused by the evil spirit.

14 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I am anticipating yet dreading the loveline. I have a bad feeling that he is the unidentified body which was wheeled away at the morgue.

If that is true, then the loveline will be impossible (or painful)

There will be a loveline for sure... Daniel said himself so at some program.... But he didn't tell between whom..!! But, if people are ok with a robot & a human, this will be another experience....!!!! A ghost & a human... They have to fall in love.. :D.. Either their love will be their biggest strength or the biggest weakness...!! Who knows..????? I too need them to be lovers so badly... Otherwise what's the point of our hero being so hot...??!! :tounge_wink:

And dear @bebebisous33...!! I totally understand your point of view... The 12 years old girl is from 1993... She was 12 years old in 1993... But this is a K-drama, right...?? That's why I said something stupid like that... :D But anyway, looks like the lady in red can act insane until the woman get out of the coma... So the lady in red must do everything to keep her in deep sleep... WOW..!! She is supernatural... Is it really an evil spirit or her own evil mind that wandering as the lady in red, b'cause the two are identical...??!! This is perfect... More interesting now.... :love:

There something that catch my eyes when da-il  saved yw and that women die, the women in red was shocked more than angry was like something bad happen after that we saw her body that in coma getting shock and was in danger state. 

So what I mean she maybe always talk about game and boring but what of that she herself  made a deal she will keep living as a ghost and maybe she will wake someday but in return  she has to gave others soul and not any souls the souls of especial people  like tgey fit in her list of terms

I don't maybe I am wrong but her reaction that moment was fear and shock more than angry or being cold  after that she hide it in a smile 

Archived