[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

24 minutes ago, darr said:

His mum is dead too. By the same woman?

What actually happened to her? Why is she slaughtering people like chicken?

Yes... she did the same thing with Da Il's old mom and I think she committed suicide....

7 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

What? I hope she dies. She’s killing people while she herself is “alive” and in a coma? Whatever grudge she might have, I’m sure YW’s sister wasn’t a part of it.

Not exactly... Yeo Wool's sis might have something to do with it... Her ear piece looks strange... Looks like it gives Yeo Wool all the past flashbacks of all the people deceased by the lady in red... I am not exactly sure.... Need eng subs to fully understand...!!!!!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finish watching  episode 3 wow more questions okay it spoiler  for people who still didn't watch it 

Spoiler

1. YW  know that DA was  death from the moment she saw him in front of the house as we thought but not cause she can see ghost but since the ball cross through him, but I have the same question DA  asked how could she actually act grasp the situation so fast  when she didn't deal with ghosts before as she said herself!!! She so clam about that Is she hidden something?? cause we clear see her in Ep 1  fearing  something, known that something  had happened to DA and have dreams??? Maybe she didn't see ghosts before but the amount okaness she is  after meeting one and act quickly to that mean something  is still messing , I don't know if she hidden something or simply she has being hunted  all her life by werid  things even if she wasn't sure!!! Or she just so much on shock from what happens with her sister and what she saw that day that she already have accepted this things before meeting DA 

2.wow the women in red dress, I don't know her story and  why she on coma? Or whatever hell  she maybe lived,  but to think that she has the right to  play with people feeling to make them kill themselves was a evil and unforgivable to began with but it totally a different  level that she did with YW sister and DA mother she forced  them to kill themself  even when they didn't fall for her play she threat them to kill themself, she could say before she just helping  people who wanted to die  and it their wishes since they were suffering so much ( and that itself  not right) but she clearly aware  of what she doing she know that it just a game to her she wanted  them death  for some reason that benefit her no matter if they choice to die or not  in the end, they don't have the choice even if they did choice to not listen to their suffering and fears and her posion words, it like she can't accept  losing , don't accept that their  people who has the willing  to live no matter what they going through and that they have faith and love in someone.

3.no idea why DA can be seeing by YW and touch  her, according to YW she didn't have that ability  before so maybe it connect to the fact that DA promised to help her, or the fact that both of them was rare cases of the women in red dress, till now they both saw her when she killed their family ( that not the case gor every victims family) their family didn't fall for that women but dies cause they were trying to protect  them , I don't know what happen to the souls of people who fall for that women maybe they bevome avenger souls  like she make with them a deal if they killed themself she will kill the people who hurt them thar why she after thus people'

But Da mother and yw  sister  who were different maybe still there protection their love one or that their  love for them gave YW and Da special ability  to fight that women

4.the doctor have ability too , so many in this drama, she maybe can't see ghost but for now we know she can see the memory  of death one 

So many questions  I like this drama so far it so interesting and the acting  and direction are great, about DA he saw his body but his hand was out , he get his hand out by himself ( he dag it out, I think he was buried  a life ) so or he was trying to save himself but failed and die and that when his soul become a ghost or maybe his soul  go out of his body cause lack  of air  to the brain, he maybe  a brain death and after he left there someone saved his body.

so Iwill think he maybe still a life , till they show his body with his face but it okay if he death too that will be the story .

i watched ep 3, and i believe there are rare inborn supernatural people in the drama.

Da-il, Yeo-wool, Woo-hye (woman in red dress), and Chae-won (autopsy doctor) are the rare people who are born with supernatural powers, though it seems they need to experience "big changes" (death, near-death, big trauma, etc.) for them to find their powers and able to use them.

also, i think it's genetic, so Da-il's mother and Yeo-wool's sister also had supernatural power, therefore they didn't completely fall for woman in red dress's tricks.

i bet their powers come from their own "souls" and that's why it's easier for woman in red dress and Da-il, who are literally souls (ghosts), to use their powers. 

i love supernatural dramas, so i'm excited for the superpowers to come into play!

I want to like this show because, hey, Choi Daniel.

And I do Not like it because, hey, Dead.

Yeah, I am still angry about that.

I am forcing myself to watch today's episode and I am grinding my teeth.  Will try to stick with this drama but no promises.

1 hour ago, thistle said:

want to like this show because, hey, Choi Daniel.

And I do Not like it because, hey, Dead.

i kinda like it because it's fresh start.

the male lead dead by ep 2, but he's still the main lead and has superpower. oh, and he still can interact with female lead, so romance can still happen! can we get a kiss scene?

anyway, since woman in red dress is still alive, there could be still a chance that Da-il is also still alive.

his physical body seems to be in the place where it could be easily found (Da-il easily found people passing him by after he "woke up" as a ghost), and his hand is not covered up, so somebody could notice it and call police/ambulance.

just like any kdramas, he could have ended up miraculously alive in a vegetative state like the woman in red dress.

both Da-il and Yeo-wool can see ghosts (woman in red dress), but they never saw ghosts of mother or sister. 

it could be mean "ghost" is a soul with semi-dead body (in a vegetative state). the body is too weak to keep the soul inside the body, but still it's semi-alive enough for soul to stay on earth.

oh, and Da-il can still feel hunger as a ghost, so it could be another hint that he might be still alive.

well, i kinda hope he's still alive, but i would be fine if he stays dead. we still could have season 2 with him as a ghost. lol

1 hour ago, mxmix said:

i kinda like it because it's fresh start.

the male lead dead by ep 2, but he's still the main lead and has superpower. oh, and he still can interact with female lead, so romance can still happen! can we get a kiss scene?

anyway, since woman in red dress is still alive, there could be still a chance that Da-il is also still alive.

his physical body seems to be in the place where it could be easily found (Da-il easily found people passing him by after he "woke up" as a ghost), and his hand is not covered up, so somebody could notice it and call police/ambulance.

just like any kdramas, he could have ended up miraculously alive in a vegetative state like the woman in red dress.

both Da-il and Yeo-wool can see ghosts (woman in red dress), but they never saw ghosts of mother or sister. 

it could be mean "ghost" is a soul with semi-dead body (in a vegetative state). too weak to stay in the body but still semi-alive enough to stay in earth.

oh, and Da-il can still feel hunger as a ghost, so it could be another hint that he might be still alive.

well, i kinda hope he's still alive, but i would be fine if he stays dead. we still could have season 2 with him as a ghost. lol

Of course we will get any romance b'cause they two can touch each other.... :D. As you said, Da Il can feel the pain, feel the touch & even feel the hunger, so he sure can be a human again, can't he...?? Maybe when they find about the truth of the lady in red & vanish her evil soul, he will be a human again....??!! So many things to happen.... Da Il can't touch the door but he can hit his head against the door.... :o... What a magic...????? I think he is also semi-transferred just like the lady in red.... :huh:

The biggest advantage of Da Il becoming a ghost is now he can feel every thing about the lady in red.... Her voice, her presence & even her next target...!!!!!! If he's not a ghost, but a human being, he can't feel those things & it would be so insecure for both of them.... And the lady in red is in coma.... I am not sure whether it's her soul or her mind that wandering around...!! She said that she lost her father at the age of 12.... Later she was disguised as a 12 yrs old girl.... There is probably some kind of anger in her mind so her mind is working evil in the deep sleep... Looks like she's been hurt or something & that's why she wants to revenge... Maybe she was a weak person herself & hence she's attacking weak people to get revenge... But we still don't know the reason for her to be in a coma.... Hope we will find out it soon.... And the autopsy doctor can read dead one's mind and see the flashbacks.... She asked the dog that "What made you so scared...??" That means that even the dog committed suicide b'cause it was sacred of the lady in red...??!! It's still a mystery that how that innocent animal died....

And speaking of the leads, Daniel & Eun Bin are doing a great job here.... They two fit their characters perfectly.!!!!!!! And now I really have a hope for a romance between them..!!!!! :wub: The story is unfolding in a great way.... Hope we can get more on today's eps...!!!!!!!!

OY I'm gettin' more & more goosebumps with each ep. :crazy::tears:

So the Lady in Red is in a coma... And the autopsy doc is.. A ghost whisperer-cum-psychic geez LoL. If ghosts look anything like Da-Ill I don't mind bein' haunted by him! :w00t:

I felt really sad with the flashbacks on both Da-Ill's Mom & Yeo-Eul's sis 'cause I can relate to what it's like to be a caregiver. It's a tough responsibility & I've such dark thoughts as well.. We're only human after all (sigh) 

Too many strange incidents in ep. 5-6. The supernatural freaked me out more than what was goin' on so it was hard to concentrate ha-ha. 

The hearing aid is strange... How come it makes them hear all the tragedies done by the lady in red...??!! What is the connection of the hearing aid with the lady in red..???!! It only works in those places where the tragedies happen... And it only works for Yeo Wool... Da Il can't hear anything with it... And the lady in red must have a supernatural mind... Otherwise how can she do all those evil things in a coma like state...??!! This is so interesting........ :o And even more scaringgggggg...!!!!!!!!! :unsure: Hope to know more about them....

Oh boy, the level of creepy in episodes 5 & 6 skyrocketed. @gm4queen, I agree with your speculation about the lady in red. I feel like she’s an angry spirit or something like it. Perhaps she also tried to commit suicide for some reason or other. Still, in the end I hope she’s punished for causing the deaths of other people. Since it’s a supernatural show, of course I mean punished supernaturally. I don’t think her crimes can be punished in the mortal world. I do wonder though if there’s more to this and it’s a spirit that really takes the lady in the hospital form or is it really her. 

I saw in the preview for today’s episodes that hyung mentioned finding Da II’s body. Why doesn’t Da II tell him? I’m sure he remembers the area where he came out of the grave. I do wonder however if when they find his body if he will still linger or disappear. He doesn’t seem to know why he’s still here but maybe it’s to settle debts. I continue to find it weird that Da II can touch YW to the point that he even catches her when she fainted. However, the lady in red can also touch her. 

The coroner has a special ability. No wonder she’s so comfortable with dead bodies. She doesn’t seem scared either seeing the visions of how the dog died. She saw the lady in red so I guess if in passing the detective talks about it, she can say she saw that lady too if she doesn’t dismiss the vision.

Gosh ep 5&6 were scary, it's creepy ottokeeee but I like Daniel and Eunbin interaction their dynamics when finding the case, and wow Daniel has powers when he gets mad, did I miss it? Who killed da il the teacher or the principal? And now that the principal was dead who's next, and the lady in red I think she has powers too how could she do that when she's in coma, I wonder if the guy who came at the hospital was the reason why she's in coma. So many questions.

i just finished watching ep 4.

ok, Da-il was buried far away from the city lol it's actually amazing that he remembers where he was buried.

but still they couldn't find the body, so there is a hope that he might have gotten rescued and is alive.

BUT I THINK HE'S ACTUALLY DEAD by looking at how his food needs to be given in a death memorial ritual food way.

but but can i just hope? :tears:

i feel so much for Sang-sub, the detective ajussi who cries after finding out that Da-il is dead. :tears:

Da-il and Yeo-wool's chemistry is so great! i really love the way Da-il looks worriedly at Yeo-wool at her apartment door. :wub: the apartment door interaction scene was so heartwarming and their chemistry has skyrocketed!

oh wait, the guy that Yeo-wool meets in the cafe, isn't he the caretaker of the woman in red dress?

also, Yeo-wool looks like she recognizes the guy at the cafe.

anyway, the woman in red dress is mad at Da-il for interfering, so she decides to kill everyone he loves.

looking at the next ep trailer, her new target is Sang-sub, the detective ajussi.

hopefully, Da-il will quickly learn to use his superpower to save the ajussi.

I finished watching episode 4

1.the women in red dress is crazy I think her life as human was terrible and after that she has to live a lonely life as a wondering  ghost which can't leave or stay but she totally crazy she taken this game to not feeling bored on her life as a ghost and she  go so far , she now  want Da-il as target  to test if he stay the same when he becomes lonely and fUll of hate like her ( she creepy)

2.I am fearing that da-il can't have the same power like that Women, her power from hate and controlling human being who fall for her, da-il power maybe be limted  to when he so anger or in hate too as long as he not evil soul he will have limted power or maybe I am wrong I will wait to see 

3.I like the scene between da-il and Yw so much  they building a nice and sad bond between  them , and judging from the the two OST  this drama will have love line between this two a sad one that will end if Da-il will be death for real, but they keep his body not founding so they play without giving us answer  he maybe a live or maybe he the unidentified body that was shown in ep 2 but for now I will have hope 

4. The other detective made me sad with his reaction to da-ill death from the moment he found the necklace to the restaurant  crying,   it made me realise that it fact that  da-il is just a soul he only being seeing by Yw, it not okay it not funny that ajusshi  was the  normal one in this drama 

P.s. I liked OST 2 so much what a touching lyrics and beautiful voice and music 

I really enjoyed yesterday's eps. It is a great combination of horror, fear, sorrow, joy & every other emotion....

Da Il is a ghost for now, so he remember where he was buried.... But the body wasn't there...!!!! Does it mean that we can have a little hope about him that he's somewhat survived in someplace...????!!!!! Poor hyung... I was about to cry when he cried at the restaurant... He didn't want to except that his friend is dead...!!!! Those emotions are so beautifully combined there..... :o

And looks like the lady in red suffered some injustice in her childhood.... She is really angry with people... But it was 1993 & how did she end up in the hospital...????? What's the reason for her to be like that...??!! She can't see people live happily... So she want to make their lives miserable... She can only attack people with weak, dark & guilty mind... Then she uses them against their will......

And speaking of Da Il & Yeo Wool...., They are so cute together.. :wub:.. Da Il is protecting her even thought he is a ghost...!!!!!! But will he fall in love with her...??!! Or will he let her to fall for him...??!! The lady in red told him that she's going to kill everyone who loves him......!!!!!! What a plot...??!! I really want them to fall in love... But the lady in red is just :angry:

And Daniel & Eun Bin's on screen chemistry is no joke.... They seems close to each other... Otherwise it's impossible to act with this much intense...!!!!! Now I am even more hooked to this drama..... Can't wait for the other eps......!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

Too many killings by the same woman.

I don't find this funny anymore and definitely not enjoying it. 

Why did choi Daniel pick this drama?  

His agency should know how to strike big deals or he better change agency.  And kbs is not helping matters by airing creepy fantasy dramas back to back. Cos it will affect rating and rating means a lot to them.

Next time if he want to do a detective drama, he should go to jtbc or tvn cos they will make sure the writing appeals to viewers and at the same time don't lose the originality.  Or better still go into movies. It gives more money than dramas if you know ur onions and can easily catapult him to international fame.

Also popular leading ladies do help a lot cos some may want to watch the drama cos of the leading ladies. 

My opinion though.

My guess:  Evil Doctor is keeping Red Woman in her coma; probably also in possession of DI's body(if he is hanging onto life by a thread)/corpse (if he isn't).

I'm still watching for Choi Daniel (me, still pouting about the whole "Dead' thing, of course) and taking the rest of it with a a grain of salt.....or maybe Pepto Bismol.  (I was eating my supper when the bloody cake scene came along; that was Not a good thing.)  The story has potential, and I am just having Bad Attitude.  <_<

Archived