[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Ji Ah is doing a good job in her comeback kekeke she always plays a villain twice now but with a backstory not just an annoying villain lol! First she was hated for being the cheater wife in My Mister and now for being the evil ghost :D if any of you guys didn't watch My Mister yet, please watch I recommend it to you guys it's really a heartwarming drama although it's dark at first but it will get better and better :)

28 minutes ago, reign143 said:

I don't actually hope for a kissing scene, coz eun bin's last drama doesn't have a kiss scene kekeke but I hope the writer surprised us with a kiss scene with our leads lol!

Ah, i hope it's not because of Eun Bin's objection to do kiss scene or something like that. After all, why would you casted Choi Daniel if you don't exploit his best skill? :relieved:

7 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

Ah, i hope it's not because of Eun Bin's objection to do kiss scene or something like that. After all, why would you casted Choi Daniel if you don't exploit his best skill? :relieved:

Well said dear... After all, what is a drama without Daniel kissing his girl :love:  We need more, we need more...!! Next time, we directly need them to kiss :wub: Writer-nim, you can't play with our hearts like this :DWe are longing for them to kiss!!.. And we are longing for a happy ending also :frown:

55 minutes ago, Heidi Seow said:

No kissing yet *pissing

Just only cheek touch *double pissed 

Tide up shoe lace but nothing continue *triple pissed 

Writer-nim, you better give long passion kiss on our OTP okay.

By the time we get to see a kiss, we will enjoy it even more because we have been so annoyed and we have waited a long time for it!

And, yes, I wish the writer would stop torturing us.  Our Scooby Team needs a win at least!  ;)

12 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

After all, why would you casted Choi Daniel if you don't exploit his best skill? :relieved:

Exactly!  Let the man work, people, let him work!  :lol:

58 minutes ago, Heidi Seow said:

Is ok @kaedechan, count me in ok.. Me very frustrated too.. Not only you... :sweat_smile: 

No kissing yet *pissing

Just only cheek touch *double pissed 

Tide up shoe lace but nothing continue *triple pissed 

Writer-nim, you better give long passion kiss on our OTP okay..We all very deadly dying frustrated need a kiss :heart:NOW!!! I MEAN NOW!!! 

:joy:kissing I wish I can dream  about it ; right now I am dreaming of da-il  surviving after that I think I can have a little hope of more romance 

In this situation da-il  will never give kiss to yw  he already  worry about giving her so much hope when things going so bad and choices  are not promising 

But why  I can ask for kiss I just making myself  stop from thinking  about fearing I am going to get a really sad and for unwanted reason kiss :unamused:

8 minutes ago, thistle said:

By the time we get to see a kiss, we will enjoy it even more because we have been so annoyed and we have waited a long time for it!

And, yes, I wish the writer would stop torturing us.  Our Scooby Team needs a win at least!  ;)

Yes stop torturing  as in romance  and other things 

Can I wish carefully " please  I want to see the living human da-Il  standing healthy  in front  of yw, and give her a kiss for new start"

I think I am safe with the saying " watch what you wished  for " :smirk:

19 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

4 Eps till the ending and I like my friends  here who can get out of the crazy worries mood to the fun and lovely mood 

Ito will waste not seeing a direct romance without hidden or backing off from this OTP  , and I will lie if don't say I want to see Daniel kiss and lovely romance with eun bin :blush:

29 minutes ago, reign143 said:

Lee Ji Ah is doing a good job in her comeback kekeke she always plays a villain twice now but with a backstory not just an annoying villain lol! First she was hated for being the cheater wife in My Mister and now for being the evil ghost :D if any of you guys didn't watch My Mister yet, please watch I recommend it to you guys it's really a heartwarming drama although it's dark at first but it will get better and better :)

She doing  a great job for really to be honest she better  here from what she was in my mister  in my eyes , maybe I can take evil killing ,or craziness  but I am weak in normal human hurting and heartbroken  

But she has the respect for her rule  here did show so many different  and complex feeling 

50 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Count also me in guys... I too thought that some climax is on the way & Da Il would kiss Yeo Wool or vise versa.. :love: The writer-nim knows exact way to torture us :innocent: But I am not lying.!!. I have a hope that we'd get a passionate kiss soon :wub:

If we get one it will be a passionate  one for sure 

The man hold  on his feeling so much till now :joy:

52 minutes ago, nona88 said:

The man hold  on his feeling so much till now :joy:

I'm worried that he might die of frustration of holding on so much sexual tension than his physical injuries LOL.

Okay, enough with that hahaa, it's already passed 1 am here, i should return to my body.. i mean, i better get to sleep :D. G'night everybody !

Watching it with sub not good at all that answer that da-il  found to do what the shaman  did back than 

Da-il thinkinh To go back go his body , to force swh  to possess him and than get ride of her by killing himself or someone killing him noooooooooooooo:bawling:

It can work if someone really wanted, and have special connected with the person that the evil  soul want to take over 

Why there no other way to get ride of evil spirt, did they thought of bringing a shaman who can kill evil spirit anything also, so no way to get ride of it , wasn't it was easy if da-Il  yw  kill her back than  ( I am sorry to say that but it was going to be more easy than what now they all  facing)  

20 minutes ago, nona88 said:

did they thought of bringing a shaman who can kill evil spirit

That could be why we have our coroner CW on the Scooby Team.  She will probably have to step up her shaman skills to help save the day.

You all know how much I love this drama......but I'm gonna say something that you won't like and that I don't like either:  I am watching episode 13, about 12 minutes in so far,  and it is Weak in comparison to the previous episodes. 

The writer must have hit a block or something because the scene with SWH's minions and then Y W suddenly playing music to "calm the beast" in DI is cheesy.  Very cheesy.  It would make sense if the minions had been on the rise before but they haven't.  This is new.  And it would have been very meaningful if DI's mother's favorite song had been a recurring theme or element but it hasn't!  This stuff is coming out of left field.  It doesn't belong.  And it doesn't make sense.  This is just screwed up.

I've come to expect better than this from T G D.  Here's hoping the rest of the episode improves.  This is annoying as well as disappointing.

.....editing to say that I completed watching and the episode did not improve; it got worse.  I am very astounded that our writer/production team/whomever fouled the ball.  It was so bad that I ended up taking notes on what was going wrong.  So, here's what I was thinking:

This episode is an unbelievable mess!  

• S W H goes into the toilet stall in a light colored coat and comes out wearing a black coat.
  • Y W immediately recognizes KG's handwriting after seeing it only once weeks ago.
  • KG suddenly decides for no reason at all that he wants to help Y W.
  • The scene with H SS's wife suicide is so abbreviated that it doesn't make sense--like 3/4 of the story is left out.
  • Then K EC's friend's suicide suddenly appears in a scene that is only seconds long.  If K EC is so important to the plot, why weren't we introduced to him sooner anyway?
  • Then after the tent scene, Y W shows up at the office worrying about where DI disappeared to but why didn't they show when he disappeared?  
  • And more suddenness when Y W and H SS show up at the scene of S W H's mom to use the hearing aid.  No connection between previous scenes, no explanation.  Then they are having a conversation about 6 feet away from some policemen who never even notice even though they are supposed to be guarding a crime scene.
  • Don't even get me started on the little boy noticing the car with no driver.  As an explanation for how a ghost gets from point A to point B, this is inexcusably silly in the middle of what should be a high stress situation.  One of the clues is a toll receipt.  Just how exactly does a "driver less" car get through a toll gate?  Well, it seems that DI managed to do so.

This is all just strings of stuff put together to hold the plot up.  It's all disconnected and half-done.

And this has nothing to do with anything else but what about that weird cello music playing as DI heads for his body.....it sounds a lot like the ending theme from an anime about vampires.  Which I suppose is appropriate given what a blood-sucker

S WH is.  But that makes the music choice unfortunately funny in a scene that should be tense.

I am so disappointed with this episode.  So rushed.  Such a mess.  T G D deserves better.  We deserve better.  Choi Daniel deserves better.

*****editing one more time because I have just had a stunningly horrible thought:

There is just one thing that would rationally explain why this episode became such a chop job.   We lost one air date due to some sports event.  Does that mean we are losing an episode, too?  Are they cutting to 15 instead of 16?  Oh my goodness, I hope this is not the case!

Haha sorry for my randomness but I find it funny well not really funny maybe just wondering, Eun Bin doesn't post pics with Daniel in her IG but He was featured in her Agency Namoo Actor's vlive twice and I find their interaction so cute ahhh my shipper heart, I don't have enough of them and the TGD will end soon ittokeeee :tears::heart:

2 hours ago, thistle said:

*****editing one more time because I have just had a stunningly horrible thought:

There is just one thing that would rationally explain why this episode became such a chop job.   We lost one air date due to some sports event.  Does that mean we are losing an episode, too?  Are they cutting to 15 instead of 16?  Oh my goodness, I hope this is not the case!

i hope they not cut the episode.....:dissapointed_relieved:

2 hours ago, thistle said:

You all know how much I love this drama......but I'm gonna say something that you won't like and that I don't like either:  I am watching episode 13, about 12 minutes in so far,  and it is Weak in comparison to the previous episodes. 

The writer must have hit a block or something because the scene with SWH's minions and then Y W suddenly playing music to "calm the beast" in DI is cheesy.  Very cheesy.  It would make sense if the minions had been on the rise before but they haven't.  This is new.  And it would have been very meaningful if DI's mother's favorite song had been a recurring theme or element but it hasn't!  This stuff is coming out of left field.  It doesn't belong.  And it doesn't make sense.  This is just screwed up.

I've come to expect better than this from T G D.  Here's hoping the rest of the episode improves.  This is annoying as well as disappointing.

.....editing to say that I completed watching and the episode did not improve; it got worse.  I am very astounded that our writer/production team/whomever fouled the ball.  It was so bad that I ended up taking notes on what was going wrong.  So, here's what I was thinking:

This episode is an unbelievable mess!  

• S W H goes into the toilet stall in a light colored coat and comes out wearing a black coat.
  • Y W immediately recognizes KG's handwriting after seeing it only once weeks ago.
  • KG suddenly decides for no reason at all that he wants to help Y W.
  • The scene with H SS's wife suicide is so abbreviated that it doesn't make sense--like 3/4 of the story is left out.
  • Then K EC's friend's suicide suddenly appears in a scene that is only seconds long.  If K EC is so important to the plot, why weren't we introduced to him sooner anyway?
  • Then after the tent scene, Y W shows up at the office worrying about where DI disappeared to but why didn't they show when he disappeared?  
  • And more suddenness when Y W and H SS show up at the scene of S W H's mom to use the hearing aid.  No connection between previous scenes, no explanation.  Then they are having a conversation about 6 feet away from some policemen who never even notice even though they are supposed to be guarding a crime scene.
  • Don't even get me started on the little boy noticing the car with no driver.  As an explanation for how a ghost gets from point A to point B, this is inexcusably silly in the middle of what should be a high stress situation.  One of the clues is a toll receipt.  Just how exactly does a "driver less" car get through a toll gate?  Well, it seems that DI managed to do so.

This is all just strings of stuff put together to hold the plot up.  It's all disconnected and half-done.

And this has nothing to do with anything else but what about that weird cello music playing as DI heads for his body.....it sounds a lot like the ending theme from an anime about vampires.  Which I suppose is appropriate given what a blood-sucker

S WH is.  But that makes the music choice unfortunately funny in a scene that should be tense.

I am so disappointed with this episode.  So rushed.  Such a mess.  T G D deserves better.  We deserve better.  Choi Daniel deserves better.

No, not cutting the episode :bawling:

The date scene seems like a goodbaye date, it's so heartbreaking:bawling:

I can't take it anymore if it's going to be sad ending

Maybe SWH stole the coat again like she did before:glasses: Just kidding

46 minutes ago, chuscho said:

No, not cutting the episode :bawling:

The date scene seems like a goodbaye date, it's so heartbreaking:bawling:

I can't take it anymore if it's going to be sad ending

Maybe SWH stole the coat again like she did before:glasses: Just kidding

@thistle I thought so too, she could stole the clothes or took it and kill the owner (like before), because not only she change the outer coat, but also her clothes underneath. It was floral pattern before but when she got out of the bathroom, she was wearing black coat and stripes pattern underneath it if i'm not mistaken.

About the other inconsistencies, i hope it'll be just like before, we'll get the answers on the rest episodes, i think it's the PD-nim's style of directing? Only showed the first scene, and put the ending of that scene in another episode or different scene. But i could be wrong ..:D coz i haven't seen the eng sub vers..

@kaedechan I didn't notice the change of dress.  You have a good eye.  The reason I questioned this was because she was in a bathroom stall, and I couldn't imagine where she got the change of coat from.  There was nothing to explain it.

There was a huge disconnect between many scenes in this episode, and there were scenes that obviously had chunks of story left out.  It was a mess.

I'm not usually fussy about this stuff and I'm willing to take a leap of faith with dramatic license but there was just so much that made little or no sense.  Here's hoping that tomorrow's episode is better!

Just watched with eng sub... And I highly enjoyed yesterday's eps.. :wub:

First of all, how dare you can touch him, SWH..?! Get your dirty hands off him.. You 're loosing all the respect :rage: He's only Yeo Wool's boy..!! And I really wish Yeo Wool was there instead of that witch (srry Lee Ji Ah) :D

44332968_2076441986000670_68399647014141

And what I got is, when Da Il touched SWH, rotten rashes or something increased in her skin & that's why she covered all herself up with a black coat so that no one can see her skin.. And like Da Il said, her spirit is began to rot inside her.. So she needs Yeo Wool to receive the evil spirit.. :unsure:

And Yeo Wool later worried that DA Il is disappeared, but it's not 1am yet so, he's not disappeared but is missing.. And I think Yeo Wool's guess is right..! Da Il's gonna call SWH's evil spirit in to his body & die with it in order to protect Yeo Wool.. I completel undertand his feelings for her.. But this is not good :blink: And Da Il intentionally got a camp date with her so that he can have a nice memory of them two :mellow: No No No Da Il, you can't do this to her & to us :bawling:

And I've got another problem here... I am so in love with Dashing Daniel in action :wub::wub::wub::wub: And he's even more handsome in that suit..!! OMG.. I must control my heart :heart:How can I let go this gorgeous guy..??!! NO NO NO.. I can't let go him.!!! And by the way, can I have him in my pocket..?! :D

44194839_2076441846000684_41853289442805

And now, we only have 4 days of our favorite K-drama so, I don't think they would cut it short :( I am so addicted to this fantasy.. :heart: Can't wait for tonight's eps...!! :wub:

And my dear @thistle - your points are also correct.. But don't think so hard dear..!! We'll get all the answers we are looking for in next eps...!!. Just relax - take it easy :D

I’m finishing up tonight’s episode as I type this. There are many things i liked and a few things i noticed that could’ve been better. 

to maybe assure people when SWH’s scene @ the bathroom, you could see the black jacket on top of the stall as she probably stole another clothing again to change. She is always on the run with the cops. 

Things I liked: 

i actually liked the flow of this episode. It’s subtle and feels like it’s leading to something. Ofc we know that LDI is always off planning on his own solo missions and obviously something big will happen probably tomorrow’s episode and we’ll be in despair for another week LOL 

THE ROMANCE: as you guys, i wish we could have the skinship we want but i can see it’s unlikely. Since the beginning, their romance has been slow churning. The subtle touches and gazing with the eyes still makes my heart go crazy tho!!!! Their feelings are very obvious for each other but bigger things are ahead. LDI doesnr want to advance or say anything to give hope to YW because he considers himself as “dead”. Even with his body found, he’s more focused on killing SWH than returning to his body to be 100% human again. Even if he returns, he still wants to use his body as a tool to get her. He doesn’t want SWH to be around people he loves and cares about. As for YW, she has showcased her feelings a bit to him but holds back because she knows that it’s also very important to handle the big mission. 

And i i was thinking this myself, i don’t know if any of you will agree. But when LDI and CW were talking alone about the possession of bodies from third party.

we all assume that he wants to SWH to possess his body so he can try to use his own power within himself to kill her. Which obviously results on him killing himself. But what if LDI ends up possessing over YW’s body? And he uses her body to kill SWH bc at the end, only YW is able to officially kill SWH. I mean, it’s a far fetched theory of mine but I couldn’t help but think of it when that scene showed up between LDI & CW. They were aiming for the obvious but i was thinking of another version in my head LOL. Because even if he NEEDS to return to his body before he really dies, he’s willing to sacrifice himself. 

Sorry for the long post, I’m going to finish the last 10 mins and return to read the pages of the thread I’ve missed! (:

EDIT: i just finished the episode AND MY THEORY JUST WENT DOWN THE DRAIN bc i just remembered that CW said if a spirit possesses YW’s body, she’ll slowly die herself. SCRATCH MY THEROY HAHAHA. Sorry!

Archived