[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

33 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Hyung also felt that Da II was capable so he wasn’t worried about him.

But he was worried! Remember all those torn paper? He wasn't worried at first. It was logical to disappear from the scene and not involve with police. Da Il was there illegally after all. But after time passed and he didn't show up hyung clearly began to worry.

Yeo Wool came to know that he was dead only in the end. When she saw that he couldn't grab the falling manager. His hand come through manager's hand thus she immediately knows. 

I have my coma theory - maybe because I just want it to be coma :)))) What if he really dug up himself from the grave, hence he was all mudded and seemingly injured. And after that he went somewhere and after some time pass out? It was a hell lot of things that happen with him after all. Then someone saw him and called the ambulance. And now he is lying somewhere in hospital as unidentified patient. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This drama is horror but very solid drama.  I prefer it to lovely horribly.

The story line is captivating. 

But there are some things I'm so curious about this ghost ish.

Da is a ghost, agreed.

In this drama, one can easily see a ghost e.g the lead girl seeing the lady in red all of a sudden when she was at the scene of her sis death.

Da can't grab that manager but easily grabbed the leading lady's hand.

The leading lady touched him few occasions.

Why can't he grab the managers feet?

Which rule does his type of ghost obey?

Not everybody can see him. 

Aaish,  this drama is very good except that people are being killed randomly.

Choi Daniels and petite leading ladies. They suit each other so well. And I love their chemistry.  Amidst the ghost and dead people stuffs one still lol at their interactions.

Imagine flipping a man twice your size over.

So whoever here called on Da-Ill bein' dead, er--congrats LoL?! You got it right! 

Geez that sleazy douchebag of a manager. And he's a father ffs:crazy::angry: Yikes that was chilling when Yeo-Eul's sis slit her throat like that....:o the blood over the white b'day cake - grotesque. 

Who's the lady in red? I wonder if Korean culture is similar to Chinese... That when a person dies dressed in red will return for revenge?? 

29 minutes ago, Irly said:

But he was worried! Remember all those torn paper? He wasn't worried at first. It was logical to disappear from the scene and not involve with police. Da Il was there illegally after all. But after time passed and he didn't show up hyung clearly began to worry.

Yeo Wool came to know that he was dead only in the end. When she saw that he couldn't grab the falling manager. His hand come through manager's hand thus she immediately knows. 

I have my coma theory - maybe because I just want it to be coma :)))) What if he really dug up himself from the grave, hence he was all mudded and seemingly injured. And after that he went somewhere and after some time pass out? It was a hell lot of things that happen with him after all. Then someone saw him and called the ambulance. And now he is lying somewhere in hospital as unidentified patient. 

Oh right, I forgot about the paper tearing scene after he was acting so calm. :lol:

What’s curious about it though is that Yeo Wool back flipped Da II at her apartment before they left to pursue the lead on the manager. So maybe only she can touch him? I find Yeo Wool pretty calm when she said he was dead. *shudders*  The last scene pretty much reminded me of the movie Sixth Sense because Da II didn’t seem to know he was dead. Poor guy.

I would love if he’s an unidentified patient. 

20 minutes ago, triplem said:

Not yet . I have no time this week at all. I’ll try to catch up soon. Plus I have to watch in broad daylight  :lol:

I highly recommend broad daylight. :sweatingbullets: I had to turn my eyes away from the screen couple times. lol 

Regarding the lady in red, the death of all of her victims are ruled as suicide. I’m not sure of her method because I thought she possessed the school teacher but with Yeo Wool’s sister she didn’t seem to possess her. With the school teacher the pathologist seemed sure that she cut her own ear off and killed herself. Same with Yeo Wool’s sister who cut her throat. The manager on the other hand was being chased and was scared and was going to jump from the building and I guess it would have been considered suicide. So it’s like the lady in red whispers, possesses and haunts her victims. 

14 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

So whoever here called on Da-Ill bein' dead, er--congrats LoL?! You got it right!.....

Me.  :P  But I was hoping I was wrong. 

I still haven't watched episodes 3/4......I really didn't want him to be dead.

6 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Oh right, I forgot about the paper tearing scene after he was acting so calm. :lol:

What’s curious about it though is that Yeo Wool back flipped Da II at her apartment before they left to pursue the lead on the manager. So maybe only she can touch him? I find Yeo Wool pretty calm when she said he was dead. *shudders*  The last scene pretty much reminded me of the movie Sixth Sense because Da II didn’t seem to know he was dead. Poor guy.

I would love if he’s an unidentified patient. 

I highly recommend broad daylight. :sweatingbullets: I had to turn my eyes away from the screen couple times. lol 

Regarding the lady in red, the death of all of her victims are ruled as suicide. I’m not sure of her method because I thought she possessed the school teacher but with Yeo Wool’s sister she didn’t seem to possess her. With the school teacher the pathologist seemed sure that she cut her own ear off and killed herself. Same with Yeo Wool’s sister who cut her throat. The manager on the other hand was being chased and was scared and was going to jump from the building and I guess it would have been considered suicide. So it’s like the lady in red whispers, possesses and haunts her victims. 

Oh yes.... Only she can touch him.. And he can only touch her & her stuff I think... Remember the earpiece scene.. Da Il could touch it but something happened to him with every touch. So that they can touch each other, it's obvious that there is something to happen between them. He is wearing the same outfit, which he was wearing when he hit by the hammer. So there is no hope that he is somehow alive somewhere...

And the lady in the red is possessing innocent people... Seems like she's taking revenge from someone attacking those innocent people. And how did she end up being a ghost...????!! So many mysteries to unfold.......

And may be she can bring back Lee Da Il...!! Or else Yeo Wool can... can't wait to know... It's indeed a horror drama.. But the OST at the end of the 4th ep, where Da Il disappeared in front of Yeo Wool is mesmerizing.. With those visuals, it's spreading in my mind like a magic... Hope they will release it soon. :heart:

5 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Oh yes.... Only she can touch him.. And he can only touch her & her stuff I think... Remember the earpiece scene.. Da Il could touch it but something happened to him with every touch. So that they can touch each other, it's obvious that there is something to happen between them. He is wearing the same outfit, which he was wearing when he hit by the hammer. So there is no hope that he is somehow alive somewhere...

And the lady in the red is possessing innocent people... Seems like she's taking revenge from someone attacking those innocent people. And how did she end up being a ghost...????!! So many mysteries to unfold.......

And may be she can bring back Lee Da Il...!! Or else Yeo Wool can... can't wait to know... It's indeed a horror drama.. But the OST at the end of the 4th ep, where Da Il disappeared in front of Yeo Wool is mesmerizing.. With those visuals, it's spreading in my mind like a magic... Hope they will release it soon. :heart:

Yes...yes, I noticed that there was a sort of crackling sound when Da II touched her sister’s hearing aid. That definitely showed something was off but it’s just that Yeo Wool back flipped him so it made it seem like he was still alive. He was even complaining like he had a back ache from the fall. lol 

Those innocent people end up dead though. The lady in red is obviously twisted. Both the school teacher and YW’s sister died under her influence. I think we’ll find out her story eventually.

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

The last scene pretty much reminded me of the movie Sixth Sense because Da II didn’t seem to know he was dead. Poor guy.

I think he knows. He looked somewhat surprised when he could take hearing aid. He deliberately make for sure to be behind her when they walk through the door. I think he cannot pass through the doors by himself. Unlike the other ghost in movies he strikingly corporeal. Yes, sometimes he forget about his condition, but that completely understandable. 

18 minutes ago, Irly said:

I think he knows. He looked somewhat surprised when he could take hearing aid. He deliberately make for sure to be behind her when they walk through the door. I think he cannot pass through the doors by himself. Unlike the other ghost in movies he strikingly corporeal. Yes, sometimes he forget about his condition, but that completely understandable. 

Perhaps that’s the case. I just think it’s weird the way he turned and stared at his hands with a sort of incredulous look on his face when he couldn’t grab the manager. In hindsight, it was kind of weird how YW was taking the “actionable” lead in this episode when Da II seems like a person who likes to do his own hands on work.

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

Yes...yes, I noticed that there was a sort of crackling sound when Da II touched her sister’s hearing aid. That definitely showed something was off but it’s just that Yeo Wool back flipped him so it made it seem like he was still alive. He was even complaining like he had a back ache from the fall. lol 

Those innocent people end up dead though. The lady in red is obviously twisted. Both the school teacher and YW’s sister died under her influence. I think we’ll find out her story eventually.

Oh... I totally forgot about his backache complaining... This is not an ordinary drama, but a very unique one. He is invisible & untouchable to everyone else, but he is visible & touchable to Yeo Wool. Maybe she can make him a human again or something...?? YEAH!!! This is something :o. He even feels the pain when he is with Yeo Wool....!! Still confused about what made him to be a ghost....??!!

17 minutes ago, Irly said:

Yes... Seems like he knows that something is wrong with him. But he only assured it when he missed the manager's hand... Perhaps he is 50/50 of a ghost & a human...??!! Or someone else that we couldn't imagine...??!! Looking forward to know.

No... no... NO! He can't be dead, come on! I'm not even in shipping mode yet! Why is there romance added to this if you're just going to kill him off, that's no happy ending!:bawling:

But that was a good plot twist though. That's what I love most from this show so far. They got us... or they got me, can't speak for everyone! I felt something was off but I was not expecting that. I remember that teaser where Da II put that ear piece in YW's ear and as she's hearing these things, the woman in red shows up and they both see her. Then it cut to the CCTV footage and those two were shown but the woman wasn't. I know the show is called Ghost Detective but I thought he was able to see ghost not that he would be one!

Can this be Let's Fight Ghost situation and have him in a coma? I'm hoping that unidentified body isn't him and is that woman instead. It's not something I've seen often from other shows or movies but to be buried alive is truly terrifying. That's like a worst nightmare.

I want to know who that woman is! What's her motive?! ...Do you think she could be going after the people who hurt YR? This is just a theory but... The last job YR was working at was her 10th job. She was raped by that disgusting old man (he should be ashamed of himself when he has a child) and now he's being targeted by the woman in red. Because I'm not seeing any other reason. So I'm also wondering if YR also worked at the ballet studio or for that rich family because why else would YW go there?

Hello! So I watched both episodes last night and let me tell you I did not sleep very well... Hm Hm... It was good; I liked how dark it was and unapologetic and harsh. This show is not scared of killing people to say the least.

So I knew right away he had died... And I think he knew it too like @Irly said; just did not want to admit it to himself. At the end of the first episode, he looks at the grave and sees, well... that he is dead. Then when he tries to pick up the hearing aid, he also knows it... The way he looks at YW at the end, after he could not grab the man; I a convinced he knew it... She said the words but she did not need to say them because he already knew. I mean.... if he had only discovered it then, wouldn't he have freaked out a bit more... Anyway, she was just confirming sthg he already kinda knew.

I am quite curious about the unidentified corpse at the morgue. I don't think it is him, because having been in the army and because of what happened there (he was imprisonned) and all, they certainly would have had his fingerprints.

I am disappointed in a way that he is dead; but at the same time, I loved that too! So right now, I hope he is really dead... I think there are a lot of things to do with that to be honest. And yeah, that screws a bit the romance aspect of it, because it is doomed but that's ok too.

3 hours ago, Irly said:

Doesn't she know before? I think the first time she takes a good look at him, when he is outside her door, she knows immediately. There is a change in her eyes. She also does not let him go alone, because she knows he won't be able to do anything...

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

Oh... I totally forgot about his backache complaining... This is not an ordinary drama, but a very unique one. He is invisible & untouchable to everyone else, but he is visible & touchable to Yeo Wool. Maybe she can make him a human again or something...?? YEAH!!! This is something :o. He even feels the pain when he is with Yeo Wool....!! Still confused about what made him to be a ghost....??!!

The answer will probably come later. Drama like to end on a shocking note then backtrack to show how they got to that shocking conclusion.

While I don’t know yet the rules of this drama world, it’s very rare to bring back a ghost (dead body) alive unless the person was really in a coma. They actually tried this in Ghost Whisperer but the guy who was a ghost came back alive through someone else’s (the person died) body and lived his life normally. That of course was not well received by viewers since it was a main character. In the case of this show, they’ll probably stick with Da II as a dead person to fit the title of the show.

So our leading man is a dead man:lol:

Only in drama world. 

Is it not that possessed dog bite that turned him like that?

Did he have concussion after the hammer was used to knock him off. But we didn't see blood.

This is strange.

@darr, while I haven’t watched as many horror genre as some or probably most, I find it rare that a possessed animal turns someone into a ghost. I think that kind of scenario normally applies to the vampire and/or werewolf genre. With ghosts I have never seen a conversion when bitten. Usually ghosts just scare people to a point that can cause their death through accident, suicide, terror, etc. That’s why I think that Da II must have died when the teacher hit him with the hammer in the back of the head or when he was buried and probably suffocated. 

7 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Same here she was so calm and kinda blasé when she told him he's dead. I had feeling he was but dang hearing her say it still felt like a wee sucker punch.

I really hope he  isn't.....hope the demon dog bite kinda zombiefied him so he survived being burried alive, dug his way out collapsed in da street and is now in some hospital in coma patient zero type thing. Then he'll wake up once the Lady in Red has been vaquished. 

Oh well one can hope in dramaland anything is possible........

Urgh now the long wait for next week......

6 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@darr, while I haven’t watched as many horror genre as some or probably most, I find it rare that a possessed animal turns someone into a ghost. I think that kind of scenario normally applies to the vampire and/or werewolf genre. With ghosts I have never seen a conversion when bitten. Usually ghosts just scare people to a point that can cause their death through accident, suicide, terror, etc. That’s why I think that Da II must have died when the teacher hit him with the hammer in the back of the head or when he was buried and probably suffocated. 

My dear, as far as this drama is concerned, i really dont know anything. I'm just throwing out anything that enters my head.  What actually threw me off is how only YW can see and touch him. But she saw the red woman,manager saw her too so why is it that he can't grab hold of manager's leg.

This drama is crazy. 

Is it the intent of the writer to make us all crazy like those possessed people?:lol:

It won't work:lol:

Detective horror=bad combo.

10 minutes ago, tas82 said:

Same here she was so calm and kinda blasé when she told him he's dead. I had feeling he was but dang hearing her say it still felt like a wee sucker punch.

I really hope he  isn't.....hope the demon dog bite kinda zombiefied him so he survived being burried alive, dug his way out collapsed in da street and is now in some hospital in coma patient zero type thing. Then he'll wake up once the Lady in Red has been vaquished. 

Oh well one can hope in dramaland anything is possible........

Urgh now the long wait for next week......

Well, he could be in a coma somewhere and his spirit is the one wandering around, investigating. (I think I saw this in another drama ages ago. :D)

Archived