[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

7 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

When I found out that Da II was alive I said I hoped that the writer wouldn’t be so cruel to give us hope and then take it away. It didn’t make sense to have him alive only to kill him off again. Ridiculous.

The only word I can think of for the writer is vicious, and for the very reason you said.  There is nothing more cruel than deliberately dealing death to hope.

Anyone who is so obsessed with SWH would have to be mean anyway.  

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IT not that i had big hope but i did waited for a little logic and answers

i said from the start it okay if ghost i take that from ep 1 with  open heard and and was amazing they have the guts to kill him from ep 1 but said it better from the start than later

so what was wrong taking that he ghost !!! giving us hope he a life ???? bring him back and give us hope he going to be human again?? killing him off again in last two ep's ???????? bring him back as a ghost with open ending that he can't stay there forever ???? killing him and bringing him back with no logic or good theory ???

no why i am  not okay noting wrong not all SIW story and order of killing , no big why?? the evil women who never stop and never was moved by the words of the close one to her she just hear the same words that they tell her before and take it easy and move on , i know she was forced to leave but she leave in peace by the same words everyone was telling her from the start why don't give us weakness , a soft spot of her or some guilt or if you have nothing just let her die as evil and crazy person as you made her till now not  move her in peace we don't need that without big twist or some logic 

why i am like this is should be happy as YW said it doesnt matter not the why they searched for all the drama and not why they don't have any answers and it doesnt matter how DA-LL come back just by hearing her words " we know the reason so it doesnt matter the way right as long as da-IL back as a ghost as nothing change but he back right !!!!

dont joke me here:rage: is that the writer way to cover all the mess and no answer and logic by telling this words  using YW

i would not mind it if it was just a romance drama or just a rom -com one i was going to watch it with no thinking so much but i am here for the mystery one . the one that make me suffer every week it was okay it getting sad with each week and more hopless and more mess with no answer i just want some logic by the end not full logic but all the way the logic lost and the ending was like giving us some romance and hope as it all what mater then why not from the start ??

sorry but talking about hope or love line , they get us suffer how this two can't live without each other but they move on fast since they understand each other and don't want the other to suffer , and they come back as ghost and human with sad promise that he has to leave someday when she ready to let go , i am sorry dear writer if you write  that you shuld not go with so many ep's he coming back and than kill him off and start the detective ghost hunting in last scenes why not from the start when we was keeping watching ready for him to be a really ghost , why not in half of the drama you make the police find the true make a team to fight that and let us enjoy the fight , a really one with some logic 

if the writer though of second season from the start she did mistake not cause the rating i don't care about it, but cause to make another season of mystery drama you should make the a good close up written for the first one

i said before i not just asking for happy ending , i am okay with sad one just give me a well close one with a respect for the fans and mystery fans that was watching it , i love YW and DA-IL they should did get more good story i will never was going to be angry or sad if i watching them in romance or normal drama but in this kind of drama they should get more

i respect all the actor for amazing acting till the end they did make me keep being here since their acting was one of the kind in Kdrama land but i am not liking all the way the drama go on from the second half , it waste i should enjoy the team up from that part not wasting it on SIW when the writer have no more twist or deep she planing to show

sorry my friends i am happy for everyone who like the ending but i did at least  waited on the OTP story some good writen ending , not it doesnt matter as long as he here 

Looks like everyone is against the ending...!! But it's more than enough for me..!! It's the best ending this drama should have... :o So I am not gonna talk negative, only the positive here...!!

I just had a thought that Da Il'd return as a ghost..!! Yes, I am correct!!!! He is a ghost, but now, with his super powers he can help people to overcome hurt...!! He just stopped a kid from falling off the cycle & he just stopped a woman from commiting a murder!!! :o 

And Da Il & Yeo Wool's hug is the most creative hug ever...!!! The way he pulled her back towards him :wub: Wow, I am in love with these two desperately :wub: 

And the best part of the show is "The Scooby Gang"...!!! The world is full of negative emotions... And our unique team is there to heal the world!!!! :) The drama's got the message to the viewers..!! "Love is more powerful than Evil"

And now, the series literally goes with the title!!! 

"The Ghost Detective"

9 hours ago, gm4queen said:

I think the writer just wanted to give the message that everything is back to normal for everyone & they are just happily living together without any SWH, since SWH was the main reason for them to be apart:wub: And now the world without SWH is a better place for our scooby gang & now they can fight against evil for helping innocent people..!!! And speaking of our OTP, this is more than enough for me after dealing with an evil spirit :wub:

I'm sorry i have to disagree with you. You said the writer wanted to give the message that everything is back to NORMAL for everyone. Which part is normal? Da Il being dead? and the possibility that he'll have to suffer for the rest of his life (or eternity) living as a ghost? not to mention being a ghost means he can't have any real future with YW, the one he sacrifice his life for? I don't think i can live like that if i'm in Da Il's position. I'd rather stay dead. IMHO.

22 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

I'm sorry i have to disagree with you. You said the writer wanted to give the message that everything is back to NORMAL for everyone. Which part is normal? Da Il being dead? and the possibility that he'll have to suffer for the rest of his life (or eternity) living as a ghost? not to mention being a ghost means he can't have any real future with YW, the one he sacrifice his life for? I don't think i can live like that if i'm in Da Il's position. I'd rather stay dead. IMHO.

No dear...!! 

I just put the fact aside that Da Il is a ghost forever..!! But as far as I know, no one got killed at the very edge of the last few minutes... And yeah, the writer some how should have brought Da Il back to life..!! Then fans would get the true happiness :) But with all the sufferings we got so far, I am satisfied with the ending..!! Back with SWH, our team was powerless..!! But now they are powerful enough to heal the world by themselves!!! :wub:

And I am happy that Da Il returned at least as a ghost b'cause it's better than nothing!!! :wub:

8 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

No dear...!! 

I just put the fact aside that Da Il is a ghost forever..!! But as far as I know, no one got killed at the very edge of the last few minutes... And yeah, the writer some how should have brought Da Il back to life..!! Then fans would get the true happiness :) But with all the sufferings we got so far, I am satisfied with the ending..!! Back with SWH, our team was powerless..!! But now they are powerful enough to heal the world by themselves!!! :wub:

Well, i'm lost for words. Speechless. Kudos to your always positive mind dear, but i don't think you get the whole message, but it's fine. I'm too done for now, nice talking everyone ! See you later, maybe ..

I came in to check the response to the ending, and maaaaannnnn. . .

Early in the series I thought this was a kdrama that asked for a second season.  However I thought a second season would only work if the romance was not front and center.  But the series decided to give everyone what they wanted and ended up giving no one what they wanted.

Well it isn't an open ending.  Yet this mix-bag seems . . . 

If the series were going to go with the romance, then all power to them.

I think the ending would have been better on the romance front if they had made him live/recover and the couple live happily ever after. OR Da-Il had died and left this plane forever therefor cause deep sadness and pain but ultimately allowing everyone to love and move on.

If they had wanted an ending that left us with a gang of Scooby Dooes busting ghost it would have worked better without the romance and with deep friendship Or the the romance being there but unspoken and un-acted upon.

I suspect this ending is unsatisfying for the romantics and the ghost-detective fans because

a) in my mythology of death the afterlife is where you go for your post live reward and rest.  Spirits hanging around and unfulfilled unhappy beings. And as much as I love what I do for a living my idea of hell is finding out after I die I would have to keep working at my day job.

b) being emotionally invested in an ultimately unavailable man seems an unfulfilling way fo Yeol Wool the plan to live for the rest of her life.

c) if Yeol Wool finally decide she can live without Da-Il where does he go?

d) I'm still curious to know what a second season might be like.

e) I do think it is fair to ask if audience can support a romance between a human and a vampire(the dead/undead), why can't we support a romance between a living human and a dead human.

My dear @hushhh -Totally agree with you..!!

I am also with that this is not an open ending..! But fans are making a big buzz that the fact of Da Il being a ghost forever is automatically heads toward for a season 02..

And if there's any season 02 for this series, I'd like to have Da Il back as a human..! And the only mistake the writer had done is leaving Da Il as a ghost..!!! So I think we really need a second season to fulfill fans demands..!! :D

And I am totally OK with Da Il & Yeo Wool at the end of the series..!! :wub: Who cares he's a ghost.!! And it's better than nothing..!! Somehow, the writer made them end up together..!! And that's all for me :wub:

And long time no see chingu!! ... Just say anything on my opinion..!! :)

5 hours ago, nona88 said:

no why i am  not okay noting wrong not all SIW story and order of killing , no big why?? the evil women who never stop and never was moved by the words of the close one to her she just hear the same words that they tell her before and take it easy and move on , i know she was forced to leave but she leave in peace by the same words everyone was telling her from the start why don't give us weakness , a soft spot of her or some guilt or if you have nothing just let her die as evil and crazy person as you made her till now not  move her in peace we don't need that without big twist or some logic 

Chingu @nona88, I think U mis-type other character name in here already.. :joy: (And for your info, I dislike SIW:rage: currently follow this drama series too) 

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

I came in to check the response to the ending, and maaaaannnnn. . .

Early in the series I thought this was a kdrama that asked for a second season.  However I thought a second season would only work if the romance was not front and center.  But the series decided to give everyone what they wanted and ended up giving no one what they wanted.

Well it isn't an open ending.  Yet this mix-bag seems . . . 

If the series were going to go with the romance, then all power to them.

I think the ending would have been better on the romance front if they had made him live/recover and the couple live happily ever after. OR Da-Il had died and left this plane forever therefor cause deep sadness and pain but ultimately allowing everyone to love and move on.

If they had wanted an ending that left us with a gang of Scooby Dooes busting ghost it would have worked better without the romance and with deep friendship Or the the romance being there but unspoken and un-acted upon.

I suspect this ending is unsatisfying for the romantics and the ghost-detective fans because

a) in my mythology of death the afterlife is where you go for your post live reward and rest.  Spirits hanging around and unfulfilled unhappy beings. And as much as I love what I do for a living my idea of hell is finding out after I die I would have to keep working at my day job.

b) being emotionally invested in an ultimately unavailable man seems an unfulfilling way fo Yeol Wool the plan to live for the rest of her life.

c) if Yeol Wool finally decide she can live without Da-Il where does he go?

d) I'm still curious to know what a second season might be like.

e) I do think it is fair to ask if audience can support a romance between a human and a vampire(the dead/undead), why can't we support a romance between a living human and a dead human.

c) I think that time Da-Il will vanish in the air just like little SWH. He stay bcoz of YW's word "We meet again" and he keep his promise.. He could be vanish after he granted YW's wishes/dreams. Btw, I like scene very much, again YW stop her words.. Letting us curious again what is her new wish about.. YW-ra, please don be mystery ok..  

d) I also curious what is the story plot is they back on season 2.. I don't mind to get season 2 as this is mystery detective story.. 

e) Haha, I support unusual relationship seen this is a fiction/ fantasy drama. As long the romance plot smooth, I'm ok with it and i don't mind it appear at Season 2 as viewers are strongly request for it. 

Anyway I just finish watched with sub, so heart broken when I saw YW taking her meal while watching the news. That face really broke my heart. Is like the whole world gonna collapse soon and she live like zombie.. But thanks god she move on. 

I think we might need to look back the story introduction again that they did mentioned is drama is 

Crime - yes 

horror - yes 

thriller - yes 

fantasy - yes 

Romance - As from Choi Daniel mentioned just a little bit... Probably we might put high hope on it.. :sweat_smile:  

Anyway, found some BTS pictures!! Hope this can cheer you all up as I'm patiently waiting for TGD's Score OST come out.. Any idea where can I download it once it release? BTW, please look at below IG post photo No.6!! All in model pose and Choi Daniel nail it! :love:

Dear @Heidi Seow - Did you mean this hot one..??!! :D

45299020_2084225021889033_17066954493788

WUAH!!!..OMG!!!!!! Just look at Daniel :wub: His hot height is clearly visible in here with the hot pose..!!!! :wub: Such a cutie pie....:wub: I DON'T WANT TO LET HIM GO.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please come back, Daniel!!!!! :wub: I desperately want you back on my monitor screen!!!! Or should I say "I can't live without you" or something..??!! :o

25 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Dear @Heidi Seow - Did you mean this hot one..??!! :D

WUAH!!!..OMG!!!!!! Just look at Daniel :wub: His hot height is clearly visible in here with the hot pose..!!!! :wub: Such a cutie pie....:wub: I DON'T WANT TO LET HIM GO.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please come back, Daniel!!!!! :wub: I desperately want you back on my monitor screen!!!! Or should I say "I can't live without you" or something..??!! :o

OMG!!! You manage to get this photo!!!! (Sorry I'm kinda stupid on post/save photo) 

From this photo you may see who is artist who is not.. Hahahaha!!!! :joy: The 2 on right with strong aura pose and the left 3, normal pose as usual.... Daniel's pose took all the spotlight on him.. Deabak!!!:thumbsup:

Edit: Wait wait I think this photo got story can tell.. :joy: 

Left 3 : Look at them, posing again.. When they are ready for shooting? 

Right 2 : Pose-ING

Sorry please don't hit me!! 

2 hours ago, Heidi Seow said:

Chingu @nona88, I think U mis-type other character name in here already.. :joy: (And for your info, I dislike SIW:rage: currently follow this drama series too) 

sorry i did mistake :tounge_wink:

i write that when i was half sleep after watching final the ep with sub

i think my mind understand that hateful people have names are the same

45 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Thank you dear @Heidi Seow -

Daniel & Eun Bin's on-screen chemistry is more than acting.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: And they have less photos together as well..!!. Something is strange here..!! :D

Most welcome dear @gm4queen 

Hahaha, temporary I don't put any hope 1st... :D

2 minutes ago, nona88 said:

sorry i did mistake :tounge_wink:

i write that when i was half sleep after watching final the ep with sub

i think my mind understand that hateful people have names are the same

Hahaha :joy::sweat_smile: I understand you @nona88, so coincident that both is SIW and SWH.. Luckily is not same gender.. Otherwise gonna be another topic to chat.. :sweat_smile:

Anyway, Where Stars Land is my next follow up drama and maybe will see you there. :smiley:

MY conclusion is quite sad and reasonable ending Because can't revive his body This ending is quite heartache to m e DA II knew he would leave the world when yeo wool be able to let go of him.

At first i thought he might possessed/ walk in into another dead body that just passed away Then he has a brand new identity But he still remember his past life

At last i hope they will work in another drama again Can't let go of Daniel and Eun Bin:heart:

Thank to all of you! That shared your thoughts with me

ghost.png

[The Ghost Detective] FINALE Ep 31 spoilers, Choi Daniel ♥ Park Eun Bin

Article: Naver 'The Ghost Detective' Choi Daniel  Park Eun Bin, a love where even death can't stop... Reunites after a year 

1. [+600,-18]
The only good thing is that the actors have good acting... The story is a mess. 

2. [+178,-9]
Because they all have good acting, I enjoyed watching it!!! 

3. [+93,-12]
The actors and staff have all worked hard. I've enjoyed the drama~

4. [+69,-5]
The two look so lovely~~ It's a pity that it ended. 

5. [+50,-2]
I have enjoyed watching this!! 

6. [+42,-1]
I'll look forward to season 2 with an improved story. To be honest, there are parts where it's a pity in the story, but the actors have good chemistry^^ 

7. [+28,-0]
Choi Daniel is the best!!! The ending is a pity, but I've enjoyed watching it! I'll be supporting Choi Daniel~!!

8. [+28,-0]
Their acting are in high quality for nothing. 

9. [+28,-1]
I watched this drama to see their acting, I believed in the actors.. But the horror-like scenes? The staff members are amazing to work hard to create such detailed scenes..... 

detective.png

Article: Naver 'The Ghost Detective' Choi Daniel dies to protect the person he loves 

1. [+42,-1]
Daniel became a goblin just like that. 

2. [+30,-2]
Dating a ghost, huh.... I wouldn't be able to imagine an ending like this... ㅎ...........

3. [+24,-4]
Seriously.. ㅠㅠㅠ I thought this would be a hit when it just started... ㅠㅠ The actors have great acting skills though. It would be better if they solve cases one by one instead of going after Sun Woo Hye. Ratings would go up this way. But still, to me, The Ghost Detective was the best. 

4. [+17,-1]
If ratings came out as 1~2%, isn't that the scriptwriter's fault no matter what? The actors have worked hard. 

5. [+11,-7]
Love and a soul? A good example of great beginnings and bad endings... Guess I have to watch The Guest. 

6. [+5,-2]
It's fun!!!!!!!!! I look forward to season 2!!!!!!!!!!

7. [+3,-0]
In the middle of all these, an ending that shows that they wanted a season 2. 

8. [+2,-1]
I started watching this near the end, and I've enjoyed it! It's interesting, and the good actors have all worked hard, thank you!

9. [+1,-0]
With just Sun Woo Hye leading the show, I got bored of it and stopped watching.

cr

On 10/31/2018 at 5:27 PM, kaedechan said:

I don't mind that we don't get any kiss scene, what bothered me was why in the world they would add such an unnecessary scenes like the new case of ghost possession, while they could use that precious time to show more about the OTP?? Maybe a date or just a long heart-to-heart conversation between them, it would be more satisfying.

Actually quite boring at the first 35 mins EXCEPT the part that SWH vanish in the thin air And the logic of DA II spirit's exist is totally as same as goblin drama

9 hours ago, Heidi Seow said:

Most welcome dear @gm4queen 

Hahaha, temporary I don't put any hope 1st... :D

Hahaha :joy::sweat_smile: I understand you @nona88, so coincident that both is SIW and SWH.. Luckily is not same gender.. Otherwise gonna be another topic to chat.. :sweat_smile:

Anyway, Where Stars Land is my next follow up drama and maybe will see you there. :smiley:

don't forget to watch Terius behind me as well:smiley:

"THE GHOST DETECTIVE"

I never thought I would addicted to a horror series this hard..!! But surprisingly it just happened. :o

With its fantastic cast, creative camera angels, super lightning techniques, smooth background music & great visual effects, this series will be one of the most memorable K-dramas of 2018 for fans across the globe..!! :wub:

And what to say about these two..??!! Daniel & Eun Bin :wub: are the life of this series...!! They just set the screen on fire so many times..!! :wub: They don't need any physical romance here.. Their eyes are saying it all clearly..!! :wub: And that's why I am so in love with them...!!!!!!!! I desperately want them as a couple in another K-drama real soon! :D Their chemistry is no joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o They are just so perfect for each other :wub:

And overall, it's all about the power of human mind that surpasses all the physical powers in the world..!! :o I've learnt a lot of theories & logic about invisible world with this series..!!!

And finally, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR KEEPING ME SO HAPPY FOR PAST 2 MONTHS...!!! Those are the most beautiful days of my life..!!! :o:wub: I am so glad to watch this series..!!!

:wub: MUCH LOVE FROM GM4QUEEN!!!! :wub:

45250694_2084276878550514_76260790810663

Archived