[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

16 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

I don't mind that we don't get any kiss scene, what bothered me was why in the world they would add such an unnecessary scenes like the new case of ghost possession, while they could use that precious time to show more about the OTP?? Maybe a date or just a long heart-to-heart conversation between them, it would be more satisfying.

I think the writer just wanted to give the message that everything is back to normal for everyone & they are just happily living together without any SWH, since SWH was the main reason for them to be apart:wub: And now the world without SWH is a better place for our scooby gang & now they can fight against evil for helping innocent people..!!! And speaking of our OTP, this is more than enough for me after dealing with an evil spirit :wub:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, LeeN said:

i guess da ii exist as goblin

Yep, this is what i've mention before, what im afraid the ending will be. It's Goblin ending all over again. Da Il is still a ghost, he'll still exist when YW someday will die. How sad would that be for Da Il? To forever exist when everyone he loved will die and leave him all alone.

14 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

Yep, this is what i've mention before, what im afraid the ending will be. It's Goblin ending all over again. Da Il is still a ghost, he'll still exist when YW someday will die. How sad would that be for Da Il? To forever exist when everyone he loved will die and leave him all alone.

I can't stand endings like that.  They are too sad.  Oh sure, she got a hug and they can be together for awhile.  But they are NOT together if he is a ghost, and they will eventually be separated for eternity.  That would be the saddest thing ever.

I am waiting for sub to watch can't handle it before 

But he back but a ghost again so it was as the start for me they should make him only ghost from the start I was okay with that but bringing  him and taking it again was  not good 

I hope with  sub we will find something also not just a ghost 

I don't even care about being spoiled because I need to know. So you're telling me that even though they've been reunited, he's officially dead? So they can't get married, have beautiful babies, grow old and die together? So is this basically Goblin all over again where DI is around forever as a ghost or we have to wait for where they both be reincarnated and meet again in their next lives?

I'm sorry but this ending is a bit of a mess. What was the point going through all of this to find out that he was still alive and just to die in the end?

giphy.gif

Like I've said, this was a good show had me hooked from the start. What went wrong was some of the writing with how ghosts work, SWH story was dragged out for too long and this ending was kinda a mess. Sure I loved the hug and holding hands scene but this could have gone better. The cast did a great job, have been a fan of Park Eun Bin since Age of Youth, will check out Judge vs Judge. I'm liking Daniel Choi so I will check out Jugglers and his future work, hope for a bodyguard romance. This is probably going to be my last comment here of TGD forum so it was nice being here and chatting with you all.

2 minutes ago, scarletlover1 said:

I don't even care about being spoiled because I need to know. So you're telling me that even though they've been reunited, he's officially dead? So they can't get married, have beautiful babies, grow old and die together? So is this basically Goblin all over again where DI is around forever as a ghost or we have to wait for where they both be reincarnated and meet again in their next lives?

I'm sorry but this ending is a bit of a mess. What was the point going through all of this to find out that he was still alive and just to die in the end?

Like I've said, this was a good show had me hooked from the start. What went wrong was some of the writing with how ghosts work, SWH story was dragged out for too long and this ending was kinda a mess. Sure I loved the hug and holding hands scene but this could have gone better. 

Yes, yes and yes. Some say he's a fetch, but a fetch needs a body to return, while his physical body is already dead (and probably already been buried) so where will he return to?

And yes, i agree with you. What's the point of going through such a pain just to have him back as a ghost/fetch again? For some viewers it may be satisfying enough with a couple of hugs and hold hands, i'm sorry but i'm not.

Hi! I've been lurking as I've been binge watching. So here's my make believe thought about the finale...

There was this American show called 'Ghost Whisperer' basically about this lady who uses her ability to talk and see ghosts and help solve why they die, then help them talk to their family to help the ghost move on.

Well in one of the last seasons,  her husband dies but she sees his spirit wander into a dying man's body who had just been in a crash. She tries to stop him bc she didn't want him to stay stuck. Bc of that,  she goes to the hospital to see the man her husband possessed.  Long story short, her husband successfully possessed that man as the man's spirit moved on right after the crash into the afterlife already.  And that's how,  they got remarried and how they appeared as a couple again to the audience.  

-----

So let's just pretend here that it's what Da-Il did.  She walked away before recognizing him,  but her spidey senses that it was him and looked again to see that it was Da-Il but in another man's body.  

As they walk away hamd in hand daily happily, that's how they continue to be together.  

Btw this drama was a new discovery for me when it came to Daniel.  I love him as this brusque man. Pity we didn't get too much of the love line played out. 

@aznlad33 I LOVE Ghost Whisperer ! And i love Jennifer Love Hewitt ! She's so pretty. I've watched (and rewatch) every episode of Ghost Whisperer up to their last season and i remember the part where her husband died and possessed another man's body. Well, if only TGD follow the same route, i probably wouldn't be so itchy about the ending :grimace:

1 hour ago, kaedechan said:

Why do you think it is bad?

'Are You Human Too' had the same idea Nam Shin III is a robot, and Sobong a human who will eventually die, but still the two leads are together in a happy ending to the drama :)

Just now, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Why do you think it is bad?

'Are You Human Too' had the same idea Nam Shin III is a robot, and Sobong a human who will eventually die, but still the two leads are together in a happy ending to the drama :)

For me It's sad. I know this is just drama, but let's say you're in Da Il's position. You love someone so much, but everything seems to be not on your side and the worst, you back from the dead just to be dead again and realize that someday you'll be alone for eternity. How would you feel? I'm not talking about their present time, but their future, you see. 

6 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

For me It's sad. I know this is just drama, but let's say you're in Da Il's position. You love someone so much, but everything seems to be not on your side and the worst, you back from the dead just to be dead again and realize that someday you'll be alone for eternity. How would you feel? I'm not talking about their present time, but their future, you see. 

well, since I believe in afterlife, they will meet again after death :) 

3 minutes ago, blademan said:

So can someone explain to me how DI is alive?? I mean don't get me wrong I am over the moon! But how...?

Not sure, need to see the subs tomorrow. I'm sure YW & Da Il talked about this in some part of their reunion's scenes.

Subs are up.  

Ten minutes in & DI is physically dead.

I quit.

Do NOT care what happens afterward because it doesn't matter.  I'm not fooled that he can be with YW this way because he can't.  This is the issue that I had with this show since the start:  DI being dead.

Have enjoyed talking with all of you on this thread.

I'm done now.

9 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

Hey dear @thistle, i'll miss exchanging opinions with you, i feel we're on the same frequency :). I feel you. I probably won't ever re watch this drama again, at least not to the last 5 hurtful, exhausting, draggy episodes :crazy:.

Maybe i'll see you in another drama :D

Definitely on the same frequency!  It has really been a relief to know that I wasn't standing alone in my frustration and disappointment with this show.  I've been grumbling to my cat for hours about how unhappy I was with the way things went.  And, really, I don't think the cat cares very much, so it's nice to know that there is a human who does.

I surely do hope that we will meet again on more dramas! :)

3 hours ago, thistle said:

Subs are up.  

Ten minutes in & DI is physically dead.

I quit.

Do NOT care what happens afterward because it doesn't matter.  I'm not fooled that he can be with YW this way because he can't.  This is the issue that I had with this show since the start:  DI being dead.

Have enjoyed talking with all of you on this thread.

I'm done now.

When I found out that Da II was alive I said I hoped that the writer wouldn’t be so cruel to give us hope and then take it away. It didn’t make sense to have him alive only to kill him off again. Ridiculous.

Archived