[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

2 hours ago, triplem said:

While I’m happy with crime thrillers , I’ m actually not a fan of horror or anything supernatural but am just going to check this out for Daniel :lol:!  If you don’t see me post is because I got too scared 

I am OK with supernatural as long it is not about vampires, zombies, exorcism. I am not scared, just that I don`t like those movies. I prefer aliens.  With ghosts it is OK. :lol: I am so curious how this drama it will be. The drama Korean Odyssey/ Hwayuki was all right.  About The Ghost Detective ....I am sure it will have some scary scenes but what I want it is the narative to make sense, to be interesting. Fingers crossed that the writer did a good job with the story and its characters.

I hope you could check this out. Who knows, maybe Daniel`s character will be engrossing and he will make you feel less scared. :D 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annyoeng @larus @triplem chingus...!!

Did u watch last night's "Happy Together" episode...?? It's the episode with Daniel & Eun Bin with in.... :). And I am not that good at Korean, but I feel that Daniel said "There is romance also...." in the drama :wub:, although he didn't say between whom....!! He he he.... now I am falling for this drama so hard..... CAN"T WAIT TILL SEP 05..... :heart:.

5 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Did u watch last night's "Happy Together" episode...?? It's the episode with Daniel & Eun Bin with in.... :). And I am not that good at Korean, but I feel that Daniel said "There is romance also...." in the drama :wub:, although he didn't say between whom....!!

No, I did not watch it. Thanks for the news. It is not hard to guess who will be the romantic couple. Most of the characters are ...ghosts.  :lol:

5 hours ago, larus said:

No, I did not watch it. Thanks for the news. It is not hard to guess who will be the romantic couple. Most of the characters are ...ghosts.  :lol:

He he...You've made a nice point....!! When Daniel was asked about the romantic couple he perfectly skipped that question...!!! It's pretty clear now..... We have a romantic detective on our hand.. :wub: ..... I've watched the full episode of "Happy Together" ...!! You SHOULD watch also... Daniel & Eun Bin were totally great in it..... :heart: them so much.....!!!!!!!!!!!! It's only 4 days to go...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Choi Daniel Is Full Of Passion Behind-The-Scenes For Upcoming Horror Drama

by blessedkpop
a95ea104dc054ea98b7af5247227ff4c.jpeg?s=

Choi Daniel showed his passion for acting on the set of KBS’s “Today’s Detective” (literal translation).

The horror drama tells the story of detective Lee Da Il (Choi Daniel), who chases after ghosts, and his energetic assistant Jung Yeo Wool (Park Eun Bin). The two are dragged into a bizarre case as they encounter a mysterious woman called Sun Woo Hye (Lee Ji Ah).

In the released stills, Choi Daniel is holding the script firmly in his hand as he reviews it thoroughly in order to not miss any details. In one photo, he is smiling brightly while in another photo, he is intently studying the monitor. The stills make people wonder what kind of character Choi Daniel will be portraying.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1223763wpp/choi-daniel-full-passion-behind-scenes-upcoming-horror-drama

On 8/29/2018 at 2:01 PM, larus said:

I am OK with supernatural as long it is not about vampires, zombies, exorcism. I am not scared, just that I don`t like those movies. I prefer aliens.  With ghosts it is OK. :lol: I am so curious how this drama it will be. The drama Korean Odyssey/ Hwayuki was all right.  About The Ghost Detective ....I am sure it will have some scary scenes but what I want it is the narative to make sense, to be interesting. Fingers crossed that the writer did a good job with the story and its characters.

I hope you could check this out. Who knows, maybe Daniel`s character will be engrossing and he will make you feel less scared. :D 

:lol: I prefer aliens too. I find exorcism, vampires and zombies scary and ghosts too. Yet, once upon a time I used to watch a marathon of the tv show “Ghost Whisperer” on Saturdays but it had to be in the daytime because it had some really scary parts though not as scary as the tv show “Supernatural”, which I quit watching. I want to give this show a try because I love detective stories and I want to see Daniel Choi again but I hope it’s not too scary.

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

:lol: I prefer aliens too. I find exorcism, vampires and zombies scary and ghosts too. Yet, once upon a time I used to watch a marathon of the tv show “Ghost Whisperer” on Saturdays but it had to be in the daytime because it had some really scary parts though not as scary as the tv show “Supernatural”, which I quit watching. I want to give this show a try because I love detective stories and I want to see Daniel Choi again but I hope it’s not too scary.

The same here.... I desperately want to see Daniel on the screen again, but I am so scared of the horror genre!!!!! Since we have some romance on the way here, let's endure the horror genre...!!!! :D. Who knows...????!! Maybe this will give horror a beautiful & romantic meaning.....!! :heart:

5 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I find exorcism, vampires and zombies scary and ghosts too.

They are scary but there is someting in those movies that I despised. I am not interested and not because of the horror, mainly.

5 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I want to give this show a try because I love detective stories and I want to see Daniel Choi again but I hope it’s not too scary.

I hope that for you and for other fans of Daniel who wants to see him in a drama but don`t like the genre.

I watched a horror movie  at the cinema after a long time and I was disapointed by the ending. If I survived watching Hereditary (2018), The Ghost Detective will be a piece of cake.  :lol: 

3 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Who knows...????!! Maybe this will give horror a beautiful & romantic meaning.....!!

Let`s brace ourselves for the moment when the main couple  will have a romantic moment but they will be interupted by a ghost or a scary thing. It will be all fine if there will be a satisfying ending. I feel optimistic about that.

Premiere Watch: The Ghost Detective

by girlfriday

premiere_ghostdetective.jpg

The Ghost Detective

Time slot: Wednesday & Thursday
Broadcaster: KBS
Genre: Horror thriller
Episode count: 32 (half-hour episodes, 16 hours total)

Reasons to watch: I was a little shocked to see Daniel Choi out of his signature clean-cut, glasses-and-suit look that’s become one with his identity over the years, but let’s just say I’m not above watching a horror drama just to check out scruffy, five-o’clock-shadow Daniel Choi. He’s starring in KBS’s new creepy horror thriller as a private eye who can see ghosts, and deals in special cases involving the paranormal. In all of the teasers for the show he looks like he hasn’t slept in decades and maybe drinks more whiskey than water, but underneath the gritty exterior lies a sharp mind and a whole host of elite credentials, which he uses to crack cases that the police have been unable to solve.

Park Eun-bin plays his plucky assistant who’s come to work for him with a mystery of her own to solve, involving the apparent suicide of her younger sister. Her case, along with many of their key cases, all trace back to the presence of a mysterious woman in red, played by Lee Jia. The drama comes from PD Lee Jae-hoon of workplace comedy Chief Kim and youth mini-drama Page Turner, and writer Han Ji-wan of the kidnapping thriller Wanted. The ghost stuff from the teasers is already enough to creep me out, but I already love the ragtag team of oddballs fighting ghost crime in an office straight out of film noir. Plus, you know… scruffy Daniel Choi.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/09/premiere-watch-the-ghost-detective/

OMG!! Thank you so much @larus for the new still cuts...... Is it just me or he is just so hot at the top right corner of the bottom picture....?????!!!!!! :heart:. He is making me fall even more hard in to the drama....!!!! And the other man was on another teaser... looks like a jerk :wacko:. What's going on with Kim won Hae sshi...???!! Plus Eun Bin is so pretty in any outfit..

And one more day to go.....!!!!!! So curious over the plot. At first I thought That cute little actress would be Eun Bin's younger sister.... But I was wrong. Her case is seems to be something else.... So, can't wait to see all the mysteries unfold.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/ The Ghost Detective 오늘의 탐정 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST - Premieres on September 5th

Thank you @larus for the sweet team pic.... They all look so closed to each other. Just like a family. Tonight is the night...!!!!!!! Only few hours left I think.... Can't wait..!!!!!!! :heart:

And can someone please do recapping each episode starting today...???!!!! It would be a lot grateful for the international fans....

Archived