[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

Just now, kaedechan said:

Already?? No, no, no, i'm not ready to say goodbye to this great show yet .. this show keeps me excited and curious and on the edge all the time .. what am i supposed to do when the show's over? :crazy:. I need my weekly dose of Daniel ! :frown:

Okay, i'm already gone crazy ...

Me too @kaedechan I have no idea what will happen when TGD come to end.. Im gonna miss Choi Daniel so much~~ *Tears out already Ottokee~~~~ :bawling: I don't wan TGD end.. I don't wanna Choi Daniel off from screen.... 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

Already?? No, no, no, i'm not ready to say goodbye to this great show yet .. this show keeps me excited and curious and on the edge all the time .. what am i supposed to do when the show's over? :crazy:. I need my weekly dose of Daniel ! :frown:

Okay, i'm already gone crazy ...

YES dear..!! SAME HERE..!! When this series ends, it would hurt me real bad.. I don't even want to think about it :frown: So may be I should keep a low key about TGD & Daniel, so that I won't get hurt.. But I can't do that...

And Daniel :heart: He is a beautiful dream that never comes true..!!!! I should keep a limit for my addiction on him :cold_sweat: But, can't someone spell a magic & let TGD air on screen forever..??! :unsure: I want to see him so badly now...!!

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RECAPPING DEAR...!! :love: NO WORDS TO SAY ABOUT YOUR EFFORT...!!

1 hour ago, kaedechan said:

When Da Il cuffed himself on the stair handle, the way Da Il & YW looked at each other :tears:, they both looked miserable ..

You know that someone is a really good actor when they can "act with their eyes" like these two are doing--the feelings are reflected and you can just feel what they feel.  Heartbreaking.

.....editing to say I found the video; that scene is an absolute wrecker.  :tears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMzGE87-k0o

3 minutes ago, thistle said:

You know that someone is a really good actor when they can "act with their eyes" like these two are doing--the feelings are reflected and you can just feel what they feel.  Heartbreaking.

True ! I've never been a type of person who would idolize some actor or singer, but then i saw Choi Daniel's acting and fell in love ! Now, he's my fav actor (beside Benedict Cumberbatch. Yes, the cucumber man :D)

Totally agree with you guys... @thistle & @kaedechan ...

Daniel isn't like other K-actors... He acts with his eyes.!! :wub: His eyes tell everything that he wants to tell..!! He speaks with his eyes... He doesn't want words to speak...! And that's the biggest reason why I am addicted to him this much..!! :heart: It's a very rare talent... And when I see him, he reminds me of the Indian superstar Shahrukh Khan/SRK...! And SRK also speaks with his eyes.not with his words! No other Indian actor can do that..!! (Just try to watch his Indian film - Veer Zaara!!!) And Daniel is like the young SRK!! (hence SRK is 53) :love: Just believe me guys, I totally see the young SRK in Daniel now... :open_mouth::heart:

41 minutes ago, thistle said:

You'll see a lot of that in today's episode, that's why i said i'm overwhelmed, so many emotions JUST from the two of them. It kills me watching them so miserable without the other.

I am completely confused without eng sub for now...! But, let me say something..! Da Il was seeing a dream of Yeo Wool & he himself chokes her there & told him "Yeo Wool will die, b'cause of you or something".. And I am just thinking that it's his spirit that's in love with Yeo Wool, not his body! But now that his body's seen the dream of Yeo Wool so, is his body updates by his spirit or..., b'cause he didn't have any feelings for Yeo Wool when he hit by the hammer :open_mouth: Then when he finally wakes up, then Yeo Wool will be in his memories..!!

Just a stupid theory of mine.. :innocent: Can't wait for eng sub!

Just started watching.  Although I saw the strangling scene earlier without subs, my impression seeing it with subs is the same.  And this is what I thought:  after DI lets go of Y W, she is watching him intently.  I do Not think this is because she is afraid of what he will do next to her.   Instead she is worried about what the realization of what he has done will do to him.  Her concern and her attention are fully on him.  In spite of how horrifying this scene really is, this gives it a certain beauty, too.  And when DI attacks the detective, it is not to hurt him but to stop DI himself from harming  Y W.  Just as her focus is on him, his struggle to control himself is all about her.  This is also a beautiful expression of feeling.

Somehow they do this with very little dialogue and no explanation is needed.  Fantastic.  Truly.

.....editing:  still watching.   O M G, the Red Lady's conversation with her mother!  RL has been killing while trying to justify the fact that she killed her dad.  She wants proof that what she did was okay.  And that essentially means that she wants absolution.  Well, too late, R L:  you had KG kill the priest.  

This is so frustrating.  Especially with the DI cut-ins when you just want him to be able to move but he can't.  There's water dripping on him and bugs crawling on him but he can't move. 

.....editing again because @kaedechan I see what you meant about this being a painful and difficult episode to watch.  It hurt.  I had to stop the video when RL was about to kill her mom.  Could not cope.  Had to walk away for more than an hour just to tune that out.  When I watched the remainder of the episode, I did so with the sound off (that's one of my tricks to keep the panic away when I'm watching something upsetting).

Oh my.  This really was tough.  And the next few episodes are likely to be just as bad when you think about the formula that 16 episode dramas tend to use.  We're gonna be in for a bumpy ride until there should be a small lull near the end of episode 14 and then sheer panic until the middle of episode 16.  I have no clue how the writer will play this scenario out.....but there just has to be a way for Y W and DI to be together and alive.

17 minutes ago, reign143 said:

What happened I haven't watch the episode last night yet but I saw clips with eng sub on Twitter, why did Chae Won said they have to kill Yeo Wol,  was she possessed by SWH? Please enlighten me ottokeee :tears:

I haven't watch it too. Why?? Oh my.. Our Yeo wol-ah... :bawling:

2 hours ago, thistle said:

Just started watching.  Although I saw the strangling scene earlier without subs, my impression seeing it with subs is the same.  And this is what I thought:  after DI lets go of Y W, she is watching him intently.  I do Not think this is because she is afraid of what he will do next to her.   Instead she is worried about what the realization of what he has done will do to him.  Her concern and her attention are fully on him.  In spite of how horrifying this scene really is, this gives it a certain beauty, too.  And when DI attacks the detective, it is not to hurt him but to stop DI himself from harming  Y W.  Just as her focus is on him, his struggle to control himself is all about her.  This is also a beautiful expression of feeling.

Somehow they do this with very little dialogue and no explanation is needed.  Fantastic.  Truly.

.....editing:  still watching.   O M G, the Red Lady's conversation with her mother!  RL has been killing while trying to justify the fact that she killed her dad.  She wants proof that what she did was okay.  And that essentially means that she wants absolution.  Well, too late, R L:  you had KG kill the priest.  

This is so frustrating.  Especially with the DI cut-ins when you just want him to be able to move but he can't.  There's water dripping on him and bugs crawling on him but he can't move. 

.....editing again because @kaedechan I see what you meant about this being a painful and difficult episode to watch.  It hurt.  I had to stop the video when RL was about to kill her mom.  Could not cope.  Had to walk away for more than an hour just to tune that out.  When I watched the remainder of the episode, I did so with the sound off (that's one of my tricks to keep the panic away when I'm watching something upsetting).

Oh my.  This really was tough.  And the next few episodes are likely to be just as bad when you think about the formula that 16 episode dramas tend to use.  We're gonna be in for a bumpy ride until there should be a small lull near the end of episode 14 and then sheer panic until the middle of episode 16.  I have no clue how the writer will play this scenario out.....but there just has to be a way for Y W and DI to be together and alive.

I hope so. Need more episode... Can it be 20 episode??

8 hours ago, thistle said:

.....editing to say I found the video; that scene is an absolute wrecker.  :tears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMzGE87-k0o

that true.good actor when their eyes also act....choi daniel really good in this drama.

The way DI said "yeol wo-ah" and his eyes, it seems like he's longing for her so much :tears::wub:

Anyway, i think CW said to kill YW is because SWH tried to manipulate everyone around her, and to stop her is killing YW, not because YW being possessed by SWH. But i don't know, its just my interpretation. Any other idea?

8 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Totally agree with you guys... @thistle & @kaedechan ...

Daniel isn't like other K-actors... He acts with his eyes.!! :wub: His eyes tell everything that he wants to tell..!! He speaks with his eyes... He doesn't want words to speak...! And that's the biggest reason why I am addicted to him this much..!! :heart: It's a very rare talent... And when I see him, he reminds me of the Indian superstar Shahrukh Khan/SRK...! And SRK also speaks with his eyes.not with his words! No other Indian actor can do that..!! (Just try to watch his Indian film - Veer Zaara!!!) And Daniel is like the young SRK!! (hence SRK is 53) :love: Just believe me guys, I totally see the young SRK in Daniel now... :open_mouth::heart:

I agree too  this drama too make a proof  of it , the amount  of feeling and words his eyes and face can talk about was amazing he didn't need more than that to make us understand his complex feeling and move us 

The female actor too so good  in that spot  too , she make so many feeling with her eyes and face , I saw her only in this drama and judge vs judge and she give a totally different and amazing character, last week to it watch a video of her from comedy rules  I forget the name of the drama but it prove  to me she a going to be a good stars and a very talented  one.

4 hours ago, thistle said:

Yw and da-Il too they killing me with their beautiful yet complex feeling 

Every week they give more and more perfect performance and a new level of deep feeling , I hope she can stop him soon , before he kill shw  as we say a ghost killing a human is worst than human killing a human in the rules not da-il  will lose hope to become human again and I can't take a ending with him lose his life to protect Yw and let her live  well  no matter how this ending going to be beautiful please noon? We sad enough now with this suffering couple 

About Yw feeling, she just a little shock  from him that normal, even he said to her to run away from her if he trun  evil , the scene he called her name so softly and she know it him not the evil one she forget about her shock but she just being careful  since she saw it not him anymore when he lose  control 

Her worry and care for da-il are bigger than any fear of herself; I am just out of words for  this otp :heart:

Just watched yesterday's eps with eng sub..

OMG...!! I was like crying for the most of the scenes of yesterday's eps... And now, even the eng subtitles are so emotional for me.!! How can I put my feelings in to words..?! :unsure:

When Da Il left her, after choking her, she wasn't worrying about herself.. She was all worrying about Da Il :wub: Just amazing...! And when he's about to disappear, the look in their eyes.......... :cold_sweat: I can't control my heart.!! Their eyes were talking with each other... :bawling: JUST DAEBAK!! How can these two stay apart anymore..?! Their eyes say that they are desperate to own each other :heart:PLEASE, PLEASE & PLEASE writer-nim... Now I don't want anything else..! I WANT THEM TO BE GET TOGETHER FOREVER :love:  And when he said, "Don't come near me, Yeo Wool-ah" :bawling:

And we've got the clue that why was SWH's spirit was evil..?! She was angry b'cause no one was there for her, so she was asking from everyone that "Are you angry..?! And I still don't get the connection between her & Gyeol. And I was right before. His bracelet was gifted by Yi Rang, so it has good energies to stop Gyeol's evil moves...!!

And is Attorney Beak is double crossing Da Il..?! The reporter guy knows her deep secrets. :o

And now, I CAN"T WAIT TILL NEXT WEDNESDAY... HOW CAN I STAY PUT...??! :cold_sweat:

I don't know If I just missed it, but Did Chae Won explain why she couldn't see Da Il I mean the human form? When she can see and talk to her grandfather and those ghost around them? And also just wondering why Yeo Wol can only see Da Il, but couldn't see other ghosts.

Been slowly catching up on this drama.

For now, i had watched till episode 18.

Watching 19 as I am typing here.

Have to remind myself that this is a "horror, mystery" drama so that anything is possible.

Such as red dress despite waking up, still having the evil aura and her power to manipulate people. 

She seems to be able to appear out of nowhere and etc etc.  <_<

I’m writing this before i read the page of this thread of what i missed but as I’m watching tonight’s ep - it has me thinking. 

when Da Il asked Detective Park to kill him when he finds his body if he interferes/attacks people - what if Detective does that and Da Il returns back to his body seemingly like how Sun did? That night in the hospital when Da Il stabbed sun? If the same thing happens to him, is he hoping that he would be able to return to his body? Just like how she did? And become a bit more powerful so he could take her on? 

i don’t know. I’m just rambling on right now. I might be wrong so ahhhh. I just had to get this thought out of my head lol

Archived