[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

Interesting stuff about the numbers--that will surely be important!

I think we need to alert about the detective.  When we began, he was very unpleasant to YW and then all of a sudden he seemed to fall in love with her.  I never understood why he changed his heart so fast.  Now, he knows that she is in love with DI.  How will he respond to that?  He could do something to try to separate YW and DI.  The detective is an interesting character.  He does have good points and he has a likeable side but I do not entirely trust him because he changed his feelings so quickly before.

The Red Lady is filled with anger but she is also emotionally a child.  She takes her only pleasure in cruelty and in harming others, and it will probably make her especially angry that YW is with DI.  It is her childishness that should eventually lead to her downfall. 

After all we have been through, I really don't want DI to die again but that could happen.  The writer has been very clever about giving us unexpected twists in the story.  I can't imagine how this will end but I'm hoping for happiness for YW and DI.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gm4queen said:

Oh YES dear...!! I've seen that KISS... But I can't completely watch it...!! He was so passionate to handle  :love: And who knows what we've got here...?! He he... Now that she hugged him so deeply, I am dreaming of she kisses him so deeply..!! Her hug on him just made me provoked in a huge way...!! My naughty mind, actually :tounge_wink:

And what's all about number 4..?! Does it has something to do with Korean military service or something..?! Yeah, should check it out!

AND WHAT..?! Da il's mom's house is 14-4 & SWH's mom's house is 14-1..?! Only 3 houses apart :open_mouth:

Hahaha, not just you naughty mind @gm4queen. Count me in! Hahahahaha:joy: I'm waiting the moment arrive at our monitor. ( I abused my reply button when Jugglers's moment.) Until today still watching when I'm free. Choi Daniel and Beak Jin Hee really have great chemistry. Well Baek Jin Hee in relationship now, and our Oppa Daniel still in single.. 

I trying to recall izzit any connecting with Korean military but in chinese "4" is mean death. 

I think the address not in same area.. (hopefully not) 

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

Oh YES dear...!! I've seen that KISS... But I can't completely watch it...!! He was so passionate to handle  :love: And who knows what we've got here...?! He he... Now that she hugged him so deeply, I am dreaming of she kisses him so deeply..!! Her hug on him just made me provoked in a huge way...!! My naughty mind, actually :tounge_wink:

And what's all about number 4..?! Does it has something to do with Korean military service or something..?! Yeah, should check it out!

AND WHAT..?! Da il's mom's house is 14-4 & SWH's mom's house is 14-1..?! Only 3 houses apart :open_mouth:

I think Da Il's mom's house and SWH's mom's house is in different area, if not, YW would already say something about it since she's been in Da Il's mom's house before. But I could be wrong, need to re-watch again :D

100% agree with you @thistle...! I really don't like that police detective guy. I don't know if it's the actor who plays the character...!! But I really can't bare him.. He was so mean to Yeo Wool in the beginning..! And then he gradually treated her nicely & I got it...! He sensed that Da Il is with her & she's i love with Da Il...! :o He seems so selfish, isn't he..?! He's treating Yeo Wool for his own reasons... And now he will surely do something to seperate them :crazy: And let's hope that Da Il & Yeo Wool'll have a happy ending :wub:

He he...

Then I am not the only one @Heidi Seow :P Daniel is my sweet addiction :heart:

And @kaedechan... Isn't it impossible to have same house number patterns in two seperate areas...!?? And yes, now that I get they are in seperate areas...!! :o Lloks like it has something to do with SWH or the evil spirit for sure...!!

So many clues.... Let's wait...!!

30 minutes ago, thistle said:

I think we need to alert about the detective.  When we began, he was very unpleasant to YW and then all of a sudden he seemed to fall in love with her.  I never understood why he changed his heart so fast.  Now, he knows that she is in love with DI.  How will he respond to that?  He could do something to try to separate YW and DI.  The detective is an interesting character.  He does have good points and he has a likeable side but I do not entirely trust him because he changed his feelings so quickly before.

The Red Lady is filled with anger but she is also emotionally a child.  She takes her only pleasure in cruelty and in harming others, and it will probably make her especially angry that YW is with DI.  It is her childishness that should eventually lead to her downfall. 

After all we have been through, I really don't want DI to die again but that could happen.  The writer has been very clever about giving us unexpected twists in the story.  I can't imagine how this will end but I'm hoping for happiness for YW and DI.

From the interview with the writer, he/she said that the ending already been decided, so it will not change. I'm really hoping we could at least have some clear and satisfying closure for every character in this drama. I hate it when the ending still leave you with unanswered questions or hanging. But of course it will be better if we have a happy ending for at least Da Il & YW :D 

10 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

100% agree with you @thistle...! I really don't like that police detective guy. I don't know if it's the actor who plays the character...!! But I really can't bare him.. He was so mean to Yeo Wool in the beginning..! And then he gradually treated her nicely & I got it...! He sensed that Da Il is with her & she's i love with Da Il...! :o He seems so selfish, isn't he..?! He's treating Yeo Wool for his own reasons... And now he will surely do something to seperate them :crazy: And let's hope that Da Il & Yeo Wool'll have a happy ending :wub:

He he...

Then I am not the only one @Heidi Seow :P Daniel is my sweet addiction :heart:

Let's wait...!!

I'm still observed Det Park's character and of course I hope all characters can get their happy ending. 

Hahaha, high five @gm4queen :joy:let's wait Wednesday and Thursday! Seriously I can't wait for new episodes! And I'm sure feel sad when TGD over. 

19 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

From the interview with the writer, he/she said that the ending already been decided, so it will not change. I'm really hoping we could at least have some clear and satisfying closure for every character in this drama. I hate it when the ending still leave you with unanswered questions or hanging. But of course it will be better if we have a happy ending for at least Da Il & YW :D 

Me, too!  I think that "open" endings are the worst because they are wishy-washy.  They make it seem like the writer couldn't decide and doesn't care.  Even a sad ending is better than an open one.

I like that statement:  clear and satisfying closure for ever character.

That's what I'm hoping for, too.

In fact, I also hope that there is closure somehow for the Red Lady.  She is a child who tried to commit suicide at the age of 10--that is unimagineably sad.  The murders that she has committed (or caused others to commit) are inexcusable and unforgiveable.  But it would be great if she could find some peace so that her spirit could rest.

That's what I am also afraid of @Heidi Seow... When this series ends, I will be pretty sad. So I don't want to get addicted to it much.. But I can't help it!! I never thought that I WOULD ADDICT THIS MUCH TO A.. HORROR DRAMA SERIES... But it's happened now :hushed: Just like a magic..!! :heart: Can't put it in to words.. This is the best K-drama I'm ever watching..!! :wub:

And @thistle... At this rate, an open ending on this series would be a lose.. It doesn't deserve an open ending unless we have a 2nd season. But there's no buzz about a 2nd season. So the writer has to end it properly..!! And I have faith that he/she would do so :blink: And I would be a lot happy if SWH also become a nice person at the end, with all our heroes :love:

Although I love it that Yeo Wol and Da Il have like romantic feelings but I doubt if the writer will develop it, coz I noticed the ost it all about one sided love, longing for someone to stay and not leave, I've seen also the character charts of the drama although DI and YW are connected but they don't put heart on it while the Det Park it's one sided connect to Yeo Wol and there's a heart on it so I don't know if YW and DI will have a happy ending or even voice out their liking for each other in the end.

I think that the "stay and don't leave" aspect of the OSTs is due to the fact that YW is alive and DI is dead (well, we were supposed to think he was dead until recently); thus the OSTs would be about lovers who couldn't meet.  Now we know there is a chance, and the next OST will probably reflect that.  

6 minutes ago, reign143 said:

Although I love it that Yeo Wol and Da Il have like romantic feelings but I doubt if the writer will develop it, coz I noticed the ost it all about one sided love, longing for someone to stay and not leave, I've seen also the character charts of the drama although DI and YW are connected but they don't put heart on it while the Det Park it's one sided connect to Yeo Wol and there's a heart on it so I don't know if YW and DI will have a happy ending or even voice out their liking for each other in the end.

Yes, i saw the chart and you're right, there's no love line between Da Il & YW, unless ... the writer or the production team intentionally did it because I've seen it before in other drama. In that drama, in the early episodes the lead actors didn't have immediate love/romantic scene, hence there's no love line in the chart. But as the drama progress, the main leads became closer and eventually in relationship, the production team then let out a new chart poster with a love line between the leads. I hope this is also the case with our drama *being the choi daniel hopeless fan :lol:.

All of the OST are indeed about a sad love, a love that's being separated, but not necessarily one-sided (Unless the songs talking about YW & Det. Park :lol:). So a romance could still happen IMO, but we might not have a happy one :cry: (I hope not, please God !)

38 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

That's what I am also afraid of @Heidi Seow... When this series ends, I will be pretty sad. So I don't want to get addicted to it much.. But I can't help it!! I never thought that I WOULD ADDICT THIS MUCH TO A.. HORROR DRAMA SERIES... But it's happened now :hushed: Just like a magic..!! :heart: Can't put it in to words.. This is the best K-drama I'm ever watching..!! :wub:

And @thistle... At this rate, an open ending on this series would be a lose.. It doesn't deserve an open ending unless we have a 2nd season. But there's no buzz about a 2nd season. So the writer has to end it properly..!! And I have faith that he/she would do so :blink: And I would be a lot happy if SWH also become a nice person at the end, with all our heroes :love:

Actually I don't watch horror drama or movie too. Not even thriller. Really phobia it all.. :cold_sweat: I had horror experience when I watched "Black" episode 1.. I watched it at night and that scared me out.. When they announced Choi Daniel stared TGD, first I really hesitate wanna watch it or not but is CHOI DANIEL and I couldn't resist it so I watched it at morning. Sooner later I found out is not horror/ thriller as i thought. Is really interested story line. :smile:  And kinda addicted search for clues. :sweat_smile: 

I also hope SWH can get her better ending, but we can't ask too much from writer-nim/ Director. Just hope they end the story in proper way will do ask recently some dramas ending is quite weird and too open until I'm kinda disappointed.  

so SWH killed her father without meaning to do so, because she exchanged the cola bottles, her dad put poison for her and her brother. She knew her dad wanted to kill them and live. So she tried to commit suicide and didn't die, and lived in coma, but her ghost kept driving people to commit suicide. She is repeating what she did before becoming a ghost.

Who is the woman who is trying to kill Lee Dail? 

We are so same here @Heidi Seow :heart: Honestly Daniel changed my misunderstandings about Korean dramas, Korean actors & more importantly about horror genre..!! (He himself is a ghost here, so what can I say now..?!) :unsure: And now I am a huge fan of him & that's why I am here.. :love: And I am so glad that I got to know about him..!! HE IS A BEAUTIFUL DREAM to me:wub: And I am kind of sad that he's a stranger to my country.. :(

And @nohamahamoud2002.. The woman who's trying to inject Da Il is seems to be SWH's mom...!

4 hours ago, thistle said:

To me, he has always liked her but he chose to be rather cold to her so that she would give up. He never believed in her story with the lady in red. So his cold treatment is the reason why he could never be loved by her. Unlike him, DI listened to her and said that he would help her. There is a reason why DI was more open-minded than detective Park. He had lost himself his mother who was supposed to have committed suicide, which he never accepted. So he understood her doubts as he had always had trouble to come to terms with his mother's suicide.

Now that he has seen DI as a ghost (the notice written by him, the door that suddenly opens or closes), he is well aware of his existence, yet he refuses to believe in ghosts because if he does, it means that he was wrong on so many levels and he got too late.  

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

so SWH killed her father without meaning to do so, because she exchanged the cola bottles, her dad put poison for her and her brother. She knew her dad wanted to kill them and live. So she tried to commit suicide and didn't die, and lived in coma, but her ghost kept driving people to commit suicide. She is repeating what she did before becoming a ghost.

Who is the woman who is trying to kill Lee Dail? 

I don't think that SWH's mom is trying to kill DI.  SWH's helper rescued DI, and now SWH's mom is taking care of him while he is in a coma.  The injection is to keep him asleep.

33 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

To me, he has always liked her but he chose to be rather cold to her so that she would give up. He never believed in her story with the lady in red. So his cold treatment is the reason why he could never be loved by her. Unlike him, DI listened to her and said that he would help her. There is a reason why DI was more open-minded than detective Park. He had lost himself his mother who was supposed to have committed suicide, which he never accepted. So he understood her doubts as he had always had trouble to come to terms with his mother's suicide.

Now that he has seen DI as a ghost (the notice written by him, the door that suddenly opens or closes), he is well aware of his existence, yet he refuses to believe in ghosts because if he does, it means that he was wrong on so many levels and he got too late.  

I agree with you 100% about Detective Park's behavior and feelings towards YeolWool.

1-He was never indifferent towards her.

2-Even as he shut her down he was never truly dismissive.  He was always aware of her.

3-He never "accepted" her gifts (bribes really) but kept her presents.

4-He is a detective.  YiRang's public suicide had tons of witnesses, none of whom saw the "RedLady" therefore it make sense  for Detective Park not to indulge YeolWool's grief induce delusion so that she could recover from her grief of her sister's death.

5-It's clear he's a righteous and a man of honor.

6-If this was real life and a "detective" was trying to follow up on a woman's grief about her sister's suicide by locating a witness only she saw and had any romantic interest in the woman it would be obvious he was trying to get into her pants more than solve her sister's death.

7-I think Detective Park is a bit of an introvert and also a respectful observer. Although he care for YeolWool and watch her behave strangely she has never intruded in her grief. 

8. He is a good, sweet, sane guy who only "romantic crime" was not believing in Yeolwool's delusion.

10 hours ago, gm4queen said:

We are so same here @Heidi Seow :heart: Honestly Daniel changed my misunderstandings about Korean dramas, Korean actors & more importantly about horror genre..!! (He himself is a ghost here, so what can I say now..?!) :unsure: And now I am a huge fan of him & that's why I am here.. :love: And I am so glad that I got to know about him..!! HE IS A BEAUTIFUL DREAM to me:wub: And I am kind of sad that he's a stranger to my country.. :(

Hmmm I'm not sure my country side is he popular or not, I'm from Malaysia btw. :smile:

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well said @bebebisous33:thumbsup:

Just saying,

• SWH's fav color is red. That's why her evil spirit wore a red dress & shoes.. She was looking at a red dress & a pair of red shoes in a textile shop.. But those are kids' stuff.. She's grown up in her body but, she's still a kid at heart :blink:.. When will she become a true adult..?!
  • When Da Il's eyes turn red, he can sense the future..?! He got a clue when he stopped the time that SWH's about to attack the travel fair. :o He just looked at the billboard screen.. Was it intentional or just a coincidence..?!
  • Did Yeo Wool really say "it" to Da Il..?! It looks so.. And now, Da Il has to live. Only for her. :wub: Or she'll go crazy... She's madly in love with him..  :wub: And I am so in love with her girl power...!! Fighting, girl!!
  • the police detective can't bare Da Il around Yeo Wool.. If he (the police detective) really loves her, then he should've tell her clearly, no need of beating around the bush. But then he suddenly remembered about it when Da Il came in to her life...!! :unsure: Poor boy, now he knows that he belongs to someone else :wub:.. It's hard to imagine he'll give up without a game...!!
  • It's clear that SWH's father died drinking poisoned cola. But is it clear that her brother drank it...?! If Da Il is her brother, then who's Da Il's mom that died..?!
  • I am just eyeing on Attorney Beak (looks ok for now), CEO dad (he trusts Da Il) & Chief police detective (he should help Jeong Dae more) :)

So many mysteries... I AM TOTALLY HOOKED :wub:

From a much older woman's perspective (me :P), Det. Park's attitude kinda a turn-off. The way he shouted at YW, even when he's being desperate or upset, it's not something that i can accepted easily. He's just shouted at her without holding himself back. I believe that kind of habit would destroy a woman's (or other people) self esteem in a long term, speaking from a personal experiences..

Look at the difference when YW and Da Il had an argument, when YW kept insisting that she's the one who should kill SWH, but Da Il disagreed and then he got so upset, he raised his voice but toward the end he held his emotions back, you can hear how he's lowering his tone in the end of his sentence. That's a considerate man, a mature man. He knew how to treat a woman properly IMHO, while Det. Park is still a kid (well, at least for me :D), and i'm sure he's a decent, kind man, and also helpful (only because he likes her) but Da Il can give her the emotional and rock-solid support, trust and understanding that she needed. My 2 cents :)

Archived