[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

So now we have to deal with DI being a fetch?

And we still have to figure out what is going on with the Red Lady. 

But, you know what, I still think that some of our theories may play a part in the storyline because there is background stuff we just don't know.  

The Red Lady's mom is surely a surprise.  And it was a surprise to see the Rich Guy (whose name I still cannot recall) yesterday.  I think we're brewing up to another arc in the story. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, thistle said:

Even though I got most of my theories wrong, it was fun thinking of them! 

So glad you shared this.....now I've gotta come up with new theories!  :D

..............editing because Oh my goodness.  Forget theories! 

Romantics:  here's what we have been waiting for.

Ahh, i saw the clip last night  before i go to bed, and for a second there i thought she gonna kiss him *well a girl can dream right? :lol:.

But still, I love how YW keep on following him, even when he said he need to be alone, but she's just went in to his private room, but unfortunately not this time girl, maybe some other (near in the future) time :P

And i don't care being called crazy fans or something, this is my own perspective :rolleyes:

Something I don't understand is da-il really her brother? And he was adopted after that??

No way right ?? I remember when they first read the article about her  ( when they were searching  who she is ) the article  said she was the only surviving and she watched her father and brother body !!!! 

So how come the mother thing da-Il is her son !! 

How come everybody  even the media  wrote about this girl and not the brother!

I dont think he will be her brother that mean the article  was wrong or it was a plot mistake, but we will find soon the police officer looking at the file there will be writing everything  about the family 

If he the brother that can explain  two road first, why she was after him if she know from the start he her brother and didn't want him to be happy , or second, she didn't know at all and da-Il can be her weakness  when she find it and make her stop .

I guess from the preview she and yw sister boyfriend get to da-ill before yw  and other anday she didn't kill him right away  since she need to know something  front him , and the boyfriend he was trying to kill da-il  but da-il  hands stop him in the preview so is that mean he finally will  wake up next week ?? 

I hope it not late for his soul to be saved and back to normal and the body accept  it after all he has evil grown  in his soul :bawling:

Till next week again, and we finished  episode 9 :fearful:

Just watched yesterday's eps with eng sub...!

Well, when Da Il disappeared at Gyeol's home, I just thought he's teleported to save that couple...! But NO,...! He's ALIVE.. He is pretty ALIVE..! :love: And he was awake for the first time in his come like states, so his spirit had to disappear...! But why he's also at 1am..?! Am I missing something..?! And now that he knows he's alive, things are getting more interested... OH YEAH..!!!! :yum:

And WHAT A HUG...?!! I mean our girl is so brave to confess her feelings...! And now, since he's alive, he can fall for for her too :love::heart::kiss_wink: YEAH...!! My ship is slowly sailing... :yum: This is so fantastic...!! And so srry for Jeong Dae... Poor boy :tounge_wink:

And the most important thing is, SWH thinks that she is alone & has no one to love her...! But she's got her mom.. But she doesn't know that..! And her dad is so cruel.. I mean if he hates kids, then why did he marry in the first place...?! :confused:

YEAH!!! This is getting so addicted right now...! And how can I wait till the next Wednesday...?!! :wub:

20 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

Girl, can we switch places please? That looks comfy (and squishy *cough) :rolleyes:

Me, me, me... I want, I really want to switch places with Eun Bin...! OMG...! DANIEL :heart: He is a dream...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He & Eun Bin's chemistry is no joke... They are perfectly match each other...! I AM SO GLUED TO THEM NOW...!! Things are getting a lot more interested now.. And I really hope they would find his body b'cause now, looks like his spirit is slowly becoming evil.. OH NO :cold_sweat:

And I get it now... The Korean audience has no interest in this series... But it's very popular internationally...! And with this series, I am pretty sure that Daniel's international popularity will reach sky high :blush: He totally deserves it...!!!! So sad that the Korean audience is missing his hotness..!

Watched with Sub already! 

The caretaker can see ghost? He said he saw Da II’s soul came out from his body… But he didn’t see Da II at hospital when Da II came to saved YW. :unsure:

Did Da II teleport to YW’s place? His eye change red again… :fearful: but there is scene that his face was blocked by his hand when he is panting… hopefully is not in bad condition…

Finally our brave girl YW Hug Da II so tight!!!! :heart:And the way Da II touch YW’s hair and her face, the way they look and smile each other… Love in the air~~~~ SHIP THEM IMMEDIATELY PLEASE~~~:love::heart:

The CEO is helping scooby team, could it be he is the one that attorney Beak and the head officer who mystery call? 

Kim Gyeol is killing someone, could it be The CEO? or The head officer?  Cause SWH said even though this time we cant get any informations, we also need kill that person..

YW finally asking Da II what makes your eyes become red…

Gosh, we need to wait another 1 week to find out what happen… Otokke~~~~ :bawling:
When they gonna release the beautiful song? and Im like the BGM music.. hope they gonna release the OST with all this fantastic BGM.

25 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Me, me, me... I want, I really want to switch places with Eun Bin...! OMG...! DANIEL :heart: He is a dream...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He & Eun Bin's chemistry is no joke... They are perfectly match each other...! I AM SO GLUED TO THEM NOW...!! Things are getting a lot more interested now.. And I really hope they would find his body b'cause now, looks like his spirit is slowly becoming evil.. OH NO :cold_sweat:

And I get it now... The Korean audience has no interest in this series... But it's very popular internationally...! And with this series, I am pretty sure that Daniel's international popularity will reach sky high :blush: He totally deserves it...!!!! So sad that the Korean audience is missing his hotness..!

Actually on Wednesday and Thursday is playing few drama series. I think mostly Korean Audiences prefer watch Terius Behind Me and Heart Surgeons and I haven't watch this both drama yet... :sweat_smile: So far I only follow TGD and another 1 is Beauty Inside which play on Monday and Tuesday. Anyway we know how hotness of Choi Daniel, this ep really pinky in the air.. The way he look at Eun Bin.. OMG~~~~ More pinky please~~~~ 

17 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Yes, i think so too .. korean viewers seemed to favor dramas with a much popular actors rather than dramas with great story or a "mere" good actings IMO :frown:.

Some of my fav dramas from few years back had the same poor ratings eventhough the actors done an excellent work, great writing & cinematography, but it flopped locally, but international viewers loved them, so .. *shrug 

I tried not to think so much about the ratings, just feeling bad for the actors, i hope they don't feeling down because of that ..

True true @kaedechan. Korean viewers will support their favourite stars no matter how ( sorry korean viewers.... no hard feelings)

*sorry bit of out of topic, just wanna share out my feeling...

There is a time I don't watch Korean drama for long time time coz their story lines very familiar until I found "While you still in Sleep." Is something different than usual story line.. And our ajusshi (Kim Won Hae) in that drama too! Really like his performance in that drama. That time I start follow back Korean movie but in selective way... 

Anyway, hopefully TGD's team don't feel down.. We all support TGD!:heart: Fighting! :thumbsup:

Just finished watching last night episodes with eng sub, fiuhh .. one by one some of the mysteries are unraveled, but still don't know what's the connection between Kim Gyeol and SHW, why she wanted Kim Gyeol to kill himself back then? and why she then targeted YW? Was it to torture or punish Kim Gyeol for not obeying her command?

and I'm dying to know what exactly YW told Da Il, her "confession" to him. They only showed the part where YW said "You are .... " and then the camera panned out to Det. Park outside the door. After that he looked pretty down and the couple inside looked kinda awkward with each other. Finish your sentences Yeo Wool-ah ! We're dying back here ! :flushed:

By the way, did anyone notice, when Mr. Han & YW was going to go the orphanage, Mr. Han tried to imitate Nam-sangmunim (Daniel's character in Jugglers) signature coat-wearing? I literally LOLed at him, and i bet Daniel's trying his best not to laugh either on that scene :joy:

[The Ghost Detective] Eps 15 & 16 Choi Daniel wakes up from coma

ghostdetective.png

Article: Naver 'The Ghost Detective' Choi Daniel disappears in front of Park Eun Bin.. 'shock' 

1. [+35,-0]
The plot twist at the end. Lee Da Il-ssi is alive, what a relief...!!!

2. [+18,-0]
Looks like he woke up from his coma. 

3. [+11,-0]
It's interesting but the ratings are low. 

4. [+6,-0]
Looks like he's alive~~ He's coming back as a human~~~~

5. [+5,-0]
Even if he's alive, but because he interfered with humans when he was a spirit, is it going to be a sad ending? Scriptwriter, please make Da Il happy. 

6. [+2,-0]
I had goosebumps~ The story is daebak~ 1hr flew by so quickly. Feels like a hit drama. 

7. [+1,-0]
Because this drama has a title like that, that's why the ratings are low. 

8. [+1,-0]

I'm here to read the comments, but I'm glad that he's alive. 

9. [+0,-0]
Park Eun Bin jjang.

=======

Spoiler

ghost.png

[The Ghost Detective] Eps 17 & 18 Park Eun Bin to Choi Daniel, "You're precious to the point that I've forgotten that you aren't human"

Article: Naver 'The Ghost Detective' Park Eun Bin to Choi Daniel, "You're precious to the point that I've forgotten that you aren't human" 

1. [+30,-0]
That's right. Does it matter if he's a human or a ghost? It's Da Il anyway. ㅋㅋ

2. [+18,-0]
It's interesting. It's not a predictable story, so I like it. 

3. [+14,-0]
The two are so heart fluttering.. Today's episode was super interesting too ㅠㅠ !!!

4. [+12,-0]
Eun Bin is pretty. 

5. [+7,-0] 
The two have good chemistry. They are so pitiful  ㅠ~♡~

6. [+2,-0]
Detective Park likes Yeo Wool though.. ah, I feel bad for him. ㅠㅠ

7. [+2,-1]
Find it quickly! Lee Da Il. 

8. [+0,-0]
I support Da Il ♡ Yeo Wool, but my heart hurts for Jung Dae... ㅠ

9. [+0,-0]
Did Lee Ji Ah become an evil spirit? Is she a ghost or a human? Is Daniel a ghost too?

cr

Thank you so much @AlexandraReid for reviews...!!

It's a bit sad that the ratings are low...! But everyone is obsessed with our sweet couple.. :heart: And it's the biggest thing for me...! Also, Lee Ji Ah is great too.. She has a strange vibe on her face that she auto fits the Sun Woo Hye character.. And her childishness is so sweet despite being a evil woman :yum:

Now, I am not concerned about the ratings anymore... This drama is an addiction to me..! And that's more than enough :love:

16 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

Just finished watching last night episodes with eng sub, fiuhh .. one by one some of the mysteries are unraveled, but still don't know what's the connection between Kim Gyeol and SHW, why she wanted Kim Gyeol to kill himself back then? and why she then targeted YW? Was it to torture or punish Kim Gyeol for not obeying her command?

and I'm dying to know what exactly YW told Da Il, her "confession" to him. They only showed the part where YW said "You are .... " and then the camera panned out to Det. Park outside the door. After that he looked pretty down and the couple inside looked kinda awkward with each other. Finish your sentences Yeo Wool-ah ! We're dying back here ! :flushed:

By the way, did anyone notice, when Mr. Han & YW was going to go the orphanage, Mr. Han tried to imitate Nam-sangmunim (Daniel's character in Jugglers) signature coat-wearing? I literally LOLed at him, and i bet Daniel's trying his best not to laugh either on that scene :joy:

Hahah, I thought I think too much too! Yes, that's is Nam Chi Won's signature coat wearing.. Some more Mr. Han did twice.. :joy: and on episode 1 our handsome Da II did once.. (cream coat) looks like it became Choi Daniel's signature action. :joy:

We dying to know everything seen ep 1.. Bad writer-nim :sweat_smile: That why we so poison to know everything now. 

But seems like YW did confession to Da II otherwise won't be so awkward... But after that you can see both of them have very sweet and actions.. Might be Da II also say something too (Who knows). 

Izzit Kim Gyeol's bracelet got something clues? 

1 hour ago, Heidi Seow said:

Hahah, I thought I think too much too! Yes, that's is Nam Chi Won's signature coat wearing.. Some more Mr. Han did twice.. :joy: and on episode 1 our handsome Da II did once.. (cream coat) looks like it became Choi Daniel's signature action. :joy:

We dying to know everything seen ep 1.. Bad writer-nim :sweat_smile: That why we so poison to know everything now. 

But seems like YW did confession to Da II otherwise won't be so awkward... But after that you can see both of them have very sweet and actions.. Might be Da II also say something too (Who knows). 

Izzit Kim Gyeol's bracelet got something clues? 

He he... Daniel did his signature coat- wearing scenes twice in Jugglers & in here once. And looks like hyung is no less than his handsome younger brother :tounge_wink:

And I am also curious over his bracelet... And he's grabbing it everytime when SWH is involved...!! May be Yi Rang gifted him & he don't want to do evil stuff for her sake... Or he's having wish for the bracelet to break down on its own when his wish becomes true...! :kiss_wink: Who knows..?! Anything is possible & he is a clear target of SWH... He could be her next target...! She told him to harm Da Il in order to protect Yeo Wool :open_mouth:... Now, let's wait another week :frown:

2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

He he... Daniel did his signature coat- wearing scenes twice in Jugglers & in here once. And looks like hyung is no less than his handsome younger brother :tounge_wink:

And I am also curious over his bracelet... And he's grabbing it everytime when SWH is involved...!! May be Yi Rang gifted him & he don't want to do evil stuff for her sake... Or he's having wish for the bracelet to break down on its own when his wish becomes true...! :kiss_wink: Who knows..?! Anything is possible & he is a clear target of SWH... He could be her next target...! She told him to harm Da Il in order to protect Yeo Wool :open_mouth:... Now, let's wait another week :frown:

It the  same with da-il  mother 

When da-Il mother didn't fall in her trick  and kill herself  she told her she will kill her son and she has to choice between her life and her son life 

When he also fall out of her trick she made him choice between his life and the girl he loves life 

Swh  target people, I think she not target  the people she hate but she target  the close one to them, she wants them to suffer losing love and fall in hate  and guilt feeling and than watch what they will become after that 

That mean , from the start her target  was da-il so she tried  to kill his mother, her target  was yw or yw sister so she tried to kill the boyfriend, and if she fail  to make them  kill themselves she painsh  them  in other hurtful way now the loved  one has to choice if they choice their life her target will die  known they were betrayed by their love one, and if they choice to save them and kill themselves her target  will suffer as she wants losing their love one and feeling guilty 

When she tried  after that to  get ride of da-il  and yw  but failed  she want them to make the same choice, are they different from all her victim ? No she think everyone the same or they  will kill the boyfriend who guilty to save innocent people or they will choice to not kill and be the reason behind  killing innconet people, you see in the both way they will suffer guilt and pain so they don't have any  choice they have to play her game and prove she wasn't wrong make that choice years ago, but she making it almost  impossible for then to not choice what she wants them to end for 

Yw  and her sister boyfriend are almost three same age so if the boyfriend was the target  from the start than we can start a connection between them , still we don't know for sure why she choice this people to make them suffer losing and lonely  life .

With the love in your eyes,

Just stay with me forever

This is not really a rom-com,

It supposed to be a horrific one...

But, something just happened,

Her head on his chest,

His touch on her hair

& their eye glances, say it all...

No need of explanations...!!

They are in love  :heart:

And you deserves a happy ending with him, girl

If not, Don't fall so hard for him...

Then you'll have an endless pain

Because,

You are human & he is ..... not a human anymore...!!!!!

Just wishing you can make him yours at the end..... forever!!!!

43034921_2069547346690134_19807608773594

9 hours ago, Heidi Seow said:

Watched with Sub already! 

The caretaker can see ghost? He said he saw Da II’s soul came out from his body… But he didn’t see Da II at hospital when Da II came to saved YW. :unsure:

Did Da II teleport to YW’s place? His eye change red again… :fearful: but there is scene that his face was blocked by his hand when he is panting… hopefully is not in bad condition…

Finally our brave girl YW Hug Da II so tight!!!! :heart:And the way Da II touch YW’s hair and her face, the way they look and smile each other… Love in the air~~~~ SHIP THEM IMMEDIATELY PLEASE~~~:love::heart:

The CEO is helping scooby team, could it be he is the one that attorney Beak and the head officer who mystery call? 

Kim Gyeol is killing someone, could it be The CEO? or The head officer?  Cause SWH said even though this time we cant get any informations, we also need kill that person..

YW finally asking Da II what makes your eyes become red…

Gosh, we need to wait another 1 week to find out what happen… Otokke~~~~ :bawling:
When they gonna release the beautiful song? and Im like the BGM music.. hope they gonna release the OST with all this fantastic BGM.

In my opinion, this has something to do with his consciousness. When he buried LDI, he was well aware of his own actions. However, in the hospital room, he was like possessed and wanted to do something bad. Notice that when JDJ talked to LDI in front of detective Park, he had red eyes. This means that he was possessed by someone else. nonetheless he was definitely not under the influence of SWH as he was revealing a secret about her. To conclude, JDJ showed three different kinds of personality:

- one as the assistant of SWH. The latter used to threaten him and when he was like that, he tried to act behind her back.

- one who wanted SWH to become a serial killer. His vicious smile in front of Park showed that he liked how SWH was and didn't feel annoyed by her murderous actions. 

- one during the interrogation...

To me, in the prison cell JDJ was really himself, when he talked to SWH. That's why he could leave a message to LDI and his team. 

I was right from the start that the caretaker was somehow responsible for LDH's burial and wanted to do something in order to stop SWH. Striking is that SWH's mother seems to be delusional herself as she considers LDI her baby and son. In my opinion, leaving her children behind made her feel very guilty. When she heard what had happened to her son and her daughter, this must have burdened her. So giving LDI some drugs is her way to show that she never wanted to abandon her children, it also lessens her guilty conscience. She ensures that her child remains by her side. JDJ knew that she would do anything to keep the man unconscious.

As SWH's powers, I can only explain it that way. When she was in a coma, the evil spirit couldn't possess her entirely. By hurting the body, the evil spirit was forced to take fully possession of SWH's body. However, this doesn't mean that the evil spirit has lost its powers. In the beginning, we heard the story of the evil spirit caught in a bottle and who was freed by a human. In my opinion, this is SWH's story... as a child, she must have found the bottle with the evil spirit. 

Notice that LDI's red eyes disappear, when YW touches him. Her love is the reason why he doesn't become evil. She helps him to remain himself and not lose his "humanity".

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

With the love in your eyes,

Just stay with me forever

This is not really a rom-com,

It supposed to be a horrific one...

But, something just happened,

Her head on his chest,

His touch on her hair

& their eye glances, say it all...

No need of explanations...!!

They are in love  :heart:

And you deserves a happy ending with him, girl

If not, Don't fall so hard for him...

Then you'll have an endless pain

Because,

You are human & he is ..... not a human anymore...!!!!!

Just wishing you can make him yours at the end..... forever!!!!

:heart: yes it not rom com but it has the best romance grown  on slowly and in the most beautiful way from episode 1  , this two I don't care about rating , this two did a great job in their own character and on their  feeling connecting 

Thanks for the beautiful post :love: that scene was :relaxed:

how can they make me in the sky with only Hug and touch sure they can when the both leads make so much emotional in one scene when we have  great actors  who can make you lose your  self in their little emotional touching :heart: I am in love with this two from the start but after that scene love is not enough word 

Let me post your photo again 

43034921_2069547346690134_19807608773594 I just can't 

overjoyed-gif.gif

55 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Notice that his red eyes disappear, when YW touches him. Her love is the reason why he doesn't become evil. She helps him to remain himself and not lose his "humanity".

I agree with you. Now the question is, did he know this? Did he know that every time his eyes turned red, it was YW that brought him back to "normal" ? I think he and YW need to realize this fact, in order to keep his "humanity" while continue saving people with his power and fighting SWH.

Archived