[Drama 2018] Let`s Eat 3 식샤를 합시다 3

larus

I cannot believe how so few people leave the comments on this thread. LE3 is really a gem.  Even someone who did not watch LE2 and 1 can watch this as a stand alone drama and enjoy it with some background knowledge of the previous series. It is very unfortunate that LE3 is going to cut shorter due to Yoon Du Joon's sudden enlistment. I hope that the drama will tie up the loose ends and wrap up with a happy ending.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let’s Eat 3: Episode 12

by odilettante

letseat31200071.jpg

It’s a powerhouse of an episode as some important secrets are kept and some painful secrets are revealed. Maybe not the secrets we necessarily want to be kept or revealed (will Dae-young ever admit how he feels?), but the ones our characters need. At least the sisters are finally discovering the truth about their respective difficult pasts — and realizing that their present lives aren’t as simple as they seem.

EPISODE 12: “The Name You Want to Call in Secret”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/08/lets-eat-3-episode-12/

6 hours ago, akikoz said:

I cannot believe how so few people leave the comments on this thread. LE3 is really a gem.  Even someone who did not watch LE2 and 1 can watch this as a stand alone drama and enjoy it with some background knowledge of the previous series. It is very unfortunate that LE3 is going to cut shorter due to Yoon Du Joon's sudden enlistment. I hope that the drama will tie up the loose ends and wrap up with a happy ending.

I've been silently enjoying this drama, and coming back to this thread for comments... Here's crossing my fingers for a satisfying ending. I've never watched LE1 and LE2... and I'm not sure if I will ever in the future since I cannot imagine LE without Jiwoo and the rest of the gang... I feel like Jiwoo's story is close to my heart, and I can feel her pain that's why. I'm truly gonna miss this.

Considering the ending, I guess we need LE4!?? I cried for Jiwoo's love... but having that happy ending I was initially imagining would have felt too rushed. So somehow I'm grateful for how the writer decided to answer the question "Will they end up together?" We know deep down they will. As to how, it's up to us to imagine...

But... writer-nim, I'm too impatient to do that. I need a fanfix to help me smile to sleep!

Cast Of “Let’s Eat 3” Shares Final Thoughts After Drama’s Conclusion

by nature1010
211ab1325d0141b2b8a072a3f4d327d5.jpeg?s=

“Let’s Eat 3” has been delighting viewers with enjoyable comedy, romantic relationships, and of course never-ending shots of delicious food. Following the conclusion of the drama, the cast of the show shared their thoughts and goodbyes.

Highlight’s Yoon Doojoon played protagonist Goo Dae Young, a man going through a slump in his 30s who heals as he revisits the food he loved during his college years with his college classmate Lee Ji Woo (played by Baek Jin Hee).

In a behind-the-scenes video, Yoon Doojoon commented, “It feels just like yesterday that I filmed [the scene with] Pyeongyang cold noodles, but filming has already ended. There were a lot of complications, so I feel very sorry, but also thankful and happy right now. Thank you to all the viewers for all the love.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1221825wpp/cast-lets-eat-3-shares-final-thoughts-dramas-conclusion

letseat3_14.jpgfeat-2-690x400.jpg154f832d890740f09a8c27649a97cdd1.jpg?x=b    So Close And Yet So Far....:bawling:

Let's Eat 3 was much more than a story about eating.

It wasn't something I had planned on watching as I didn't watch the first two.  So I guess my views will be different than most.  To me this drama was really inspirational and gave an honest and realistic look at issues and struggles people deal with in life.  A child taking care of ones parent when they can no longer take care of themselves.  How in life roles often switch and through love and responsibility you become the parent and they become the child...

The hurtful and often overwhelming pain in losing someone you love deeply and losing them when you least expect and in a blink of an eye.  But not so in being able to forget or let go of them or the memories that linger much longer.  Because time stands still when your life is numb and your loss is real because your heart is broken...

This OTP at least for me was simple and soft, tender and beautiful the moments that touched me the most was when they were so close to making something happen.  That you wanted to push them one step forward yourself...

The ending may not have been what I had hoped for but still I think the writer was true to the values of ones heart.  Love is precious and in showing that loving someone and losing them no matter what else is happening around you or even how your heart is being moved.  Memories that are etched upon ones heart should never be given up easily.  In truth memories that are important throughout our lives are not so easily forgotten if ever...

Yet I think the greatest gem in this story was the fact that JW's love for DY that was planted long ago was still alive and breathing within her.  That often love can withstand the test of time even when it is kept hidden and in ones mind and heart one sided.  That a crush or first love should never be seen as less when the feelings are honest and true. 

For you never know where those feelings might lead.

Or what the future just might hold...

:heart:

"Let's Eat - Season 3" Yoon Doo-joon Accepts His Feelings for Baek Jin-hee

2018/08/28 | 238 views | Permalink | Source

photo997700.jpg

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "Let's Eat - Season 3", Dae-young (Yoon Doo-joon) and Ji-woo (Baek Jin-hee) stopped being long time friends and started to like each other.

Dae-young was slowly forgetting Soo-ji (Seo Hyun-jin). She had become only guilt in his heart. Woo-seon (An Woo-yeon) told Dae-young it was natural that she was being forgotten and that he shouldn't blame himself.

Seo-yeon (Lee Joo-woo) found out that Dae-young was avoiding Ji-woo because of the ring and said, "What's the use of a guy who dumped a girl for his past? She's done enough. Goo Dae-young is going to live in his past forever".

However, Ji-woo didn't give up and expressed her feelings to Dae-young. She told him, "I like you. You're my first love ever since I was twenty. I don't expect anything from you".

Dae-young was confused and didn't answer her back which made her cry. In front of Seo-yeon, Ji-woo said, "I thought being thirty-four years old meant it wasn't going to hurt like I was twenty, but it still hurts".

What Ji-woo missed is that she was Dae-young's first love too. He asked her for some time as he was getting braver. He said it could take more time, but Ji-woo laughed and said, "It's alright, but I might change my mind before that".

https://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-let-s-eat--season-3-yoon-doo-joon-accepts-his-feelings-for-baek-jin-hee-121708.html

i just finished watching this series. i didnt see the previous 2 season and i dont have plans to as i cant imagine the JW not being there...due to the sudden cut off i do hope there is another season...perhaps 2yrs after from now will be great as the DY will be done with his military enlistment...

i hope the next season will show us ji-won moving on ...well sort of by introducing another character...maybe a new doctor in her hospital who has loved for food...perhaps someone from her past like she met in university and was able to be passionate about food after meeting jw...

then this time dy will chase her and fight for her...after all in this last episode jw told dy that it wouldnt be her fault if she met someone along the way...DY will only realise how much JW mean to him when in the brink of losing her to someone else...

thanks for all your comments...its a good 14episode...

Let's eat 3 left a big gaping hole in my heart. I just keep on wondering how it would have turned out if we got two more episodes. But damn, i am left feeling so bitter-sweet about it. It was a gem of a show, and deserved so much more discussion in this forum. But, alas. I'd still like to applaud the writers for wrapping it up as decently as they could have with all the last moment chaos the sudden enlistment of doo joon caused (ah, serve and come back soon!)

This was such a simple yet so beautiful and moving a drama. The relationships in this drama moved me a lot. 

Firstly, Ji Woo. God, Ji Woo! It's only for her i would not have minded a rushed happy ending. Her journey through the times has been tough,  challenging, sad, monotonous, devoid of love and affection and what not. She deserves the best, and nothing less. I could watch the 20 year old Ji Woo going giddy over her fluffy innocent first love. I love the kind of buddies Dae Young and Ji Woo were in 2005, and i love how that did not change one bit in 2018, as if they picked up from where they left.  Secondly, My heart was so happy to know Ji Woo was Dae Young's first love and Seo Yeon explaining that in her psychology class has to be the favorite scene of mine in the whole show.

I think the most tragic thing about a budding relationship is that it not able to go anywhere from there. The sudden full stop to them. The moment when both separated from each other without telling each other anything about their feelings, or asking each other to wait, hit really hard. Or even when the football fanatic in Dae young doesn't celebrate his country's goal in the world cup hearing about Ji Woo's boyfriend (?)I just hoped they addressed their sudden disappearance from each other's lives somewhere down the line in the episodes casually in between their numerous food hogging sessions. I'd especially want Ji Woo to know what Dae Young felt in the past for her. I know it would have been odd for him to mention, it's been 14 years and 2 relationships for him after all. But a person can wish.

What i loved most about this relationship and about the show is how these two characters bring each other out of their slump, monotonity and sadness, and their common passion for food playing a catalyst to it. The show was so sensitive about how it dealt with Dae Young picking up pieces of his life and moving on slowly - it was slow and organic, and not without a guilt trip. In this way they even respected his deceased fiance's character so much, in the sense that she was not forgotten at the drop of a hat. i quite liked that, despite not watching the previous seasons. He brought color and food back to her life, while she gave him a brand new zeal and purpose to his life. I am not disappointed by the ending, but i really ended up wanting for just that tad bit more from it. Though i do feel it came to a full circle with Ji Woo finally being able to confess and Dae Young kind of asking her to wait for him...which they could not 14 years ago.

The parallel track of this show is also something i loved so much - the sisters and their mother. I always loved Seo Yeon and Ji Woo's relationship in the past. Despite fighting like cats and dogs, they always had each other's back when it mattered the most and were each other's confidante. It absolutely hurt when they both went bitter with grudges towards each other. Yet indirectly and unknowingly helped each other. I think i was rooting for their reunion as badly as i was for Ji Woo and Dae Young to be together. Seo Yeon's redemption, insecurity and pain was well portrayed. From being wanting to be loved, scared of abandonment, she starting trusting in her relationships more and opening up as before. I think it was beautiful how their mother unknowingly said things that mean the most to them - whether it was feeling bad for leaving Ji Woo lonely, warning Dae Young about hurting Ji Woo or to cook her way to Seo Yeon's heart. The family reunion was heartwarming - Ji Woo finally had someone she could cry in front of, Seo Yeon was there to take care of her and to protect her - they were not alone anymore.

Despite there being a lack of 'romance' as such i was glad the characters found themselves in a happier and peaceful place than in the past. I can happily imagine something positive coming out of Dae Young and Ji Woo's numerous food sessions, talking and bonding. And in all this she won't be alone when she gets back home :)

I watched the first and third season of Let`s Eat series and I liked both. The food was the catalist of the relationship between characters and It looked so delicious. I was full just watching the characters eating.:lol:

I loved Let`s Eat 3 and I loved how the past and the present were brought together. I loved Dae Young and his friends in colleage (so funny group) and his relationship with the two sisters. I also loved the sisters relationship in the past and I was glad they found and understood each other in the end. All the characters "grew up" so much as characters.

I am glad that Dae Young remained friend over the years with one of his past buddy. I was curious what the others were doing. :D

The ending was a little rushed but It was satisfying ending. Considering that they cut two episodes, I think they did a good job with the ending.  I will remain with fond memories about this drama. :wub:

With all the comments I'm reading here and on other sites, now I wonder how the story could have progressed if there'd been two more episodes. Like many others, it's because of Jiwoo that now I'm left wanting for those two episodes! 

I'm not very certain how painful the last 14 years was for Jiwoo. It felt like she experienced more pain than happiness then, including the pain of Daeyoung's rejection on top of what happened to her family and her mom. 

So I certainly wanted to hug her when Daeyoung left her on the road to look for his ring. I cried with Jiwoo when she said "I'm 34 years old. I thought it wouldn't hurt as much as it did when I was 20. But even though I'm 34, it hurts to be rejected." And this: "Why do I take everything Daeyoung gives and make them grow? First, Peanut, then my feelings for him."

I just want to see Jiwoo's unwavering love to be reciprocated. Daeyoung realized he liked her when they were younger, but he never pursued her... Somehow I want to see Daeyoung making an effort to win Jiwoo and fight for her love. Maybe that's not really how their love story is supposed to play, but I just want Jiwoo to know what we know and experience a beautiful kind of love that she deserves!

Well, I enjoyed it. I'm sad that the main couple never had a chance to really get together, but on the bright side... less chance that she will be killed off in LE4! If she's not an official girlfriend, isn't there wiggle room? HAHA.

No, really, it can't be perfect when the lead actor is suddenly MIA. I feel the the ending was rushed, but also true to character. These two would not suddenly jump each other's bones based on what we saw so far. It's nice enough to know that they'll continue to be there for each other no matter what.

I'm still not crazy about all that time wasted on Seo-Yeon's journey of learning to be a passably decent human being. I guess that's in place of the usual crime thriller / mystery element in the 1st 2 seasons? Honestly, just seeing everyone hang out and eat is enough for me. They can stop trying to add unnecessary action and drama.

The flashbacks were the best part. We never find out what happened to two of the three guy friends, though. Since Yoon Doo-Joon was suddenly shipped off to the army, they could have filled the last two eps with just catching up with the guys, and I would have been okay with that. Oh well.

Lee Joo Woo Reveals How “Let’s Eat 3” Cast Responded To Yoon Doojoon’s Sudden Enlistment

by eclipse01
907c057b913346469da2c1763610e7b0.jpeg?s=

In a recent interview, actress Lee Joo Woo talked about wrapping up her recent drama, JTBC’s “Let’s Eat 3.”

As previously reported, Highlight’s Yoon Doojoon, who reprised his starring role from the previous installments of the “Let’s Eat” series, received a military draft notice while filming the drama and unexpectedly found himself enlisting before the end of filming.

Lee Joo Woo, who played the sassy Lee Seo Yeon in the drama, talked about the cast’s reaction to the news of Yoon Doojoon’s enlistment and how it affected their filming schedule.

Referring to Yoon Doojoon by his character’s name, the actress recalled, “It was a situation where Dae Young [Yoon Doojoon’s character] had to wrap up filming before the rest of the cast, and we had to send him off [early]. So I think it was probably much harder for him than for the rest of us. Since the entire filming schedule had to be changed.”

She went on to explain that the cast had mainly been concerned about Yoon Doojoon’s well-being. “When [you receive your] military draft notice, it’s the country that’s calling you to serve,” she said. “We all told him to return safely, and we patted him on the back encouragingly. I think we all told him to take good care of himself for the next two years and to get lots of sleep.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1224105wpp/lee-joo-woo-reveals-lets-eat-3-cast-responded-yoon-doojoons-sudden-enlistment

Let’s Eat 3: Episode 13

by odilettante

letseat31300330.jpg

What a refreshing episode! Everyone’s finally learned that honesty is the best way to heal old wounds and establish new relationships. Well, nearly everyone, since there’s still the question of what happened between Dae-young and Ji-woo to keep them apart all these years — and why they were never able to confess how they felt about each other.

EPISODE 13: “The Affair”

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/09/lets-eat-3-episode-13/

Let’s Eat 3: Episode 14 (Final)

by odilettante

letseat31400777.jpg

Thanks to the unexpected cut to fourteen episodes from the originally scheduled sixteen, it’s a scramble in the last hour to tie up all the loose ends and unpack everyone’s emotional baggage. Will the show manage to end on a deliciously sweet final note, or will we be left begging for yet another season with our favorite foodie?

FINAL EPISODE: “From Now On I Also Want To Be Happy”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/09/lets-eat-3-episode-14-final/

Watch: Highlight’s Yoon Doojoon Adorably Stumbles Over His Lines In Final “Let’s Eat 3” Making Video

by yshin
50e71beb44fa4e07957a9e217a5a41b2.jpeg?s=

On September 14, Yoon Doojoon’s agency Around Us Entertainment released a video of Yoon Doojoon on set of his drama “Let’s Eat 3.”

In the video, Yoon Doojoon sits out in the hot sun practicing his lines. When it comes time to actually shoot the scene, he can’t help but laugh at how he stumbles over the lines. After shooting the scene, he turns his hand-held fan away from himself and towards Bean, the large dog on set, despite the sweltering heat.

Next, he films scenes where he has to make various surprised expressions. Eventually, the director laughs and gives him the okay.

Finally, Yoon Doojoon shoots his final scene of the drama and shouts out, “Good job, everyone!” The staff dims the lights and brings out a cake. Holding a flower bouquet in his arms, he blows out the candles and thanks everyone. Everyone around him tells him to stay healthy when he finally enlists, and Yoon Doojoon assures them that he will. As he leaves the set, he continuously says, “Please stay healthy!”

Yoon Doojoon then says his final goodbyes and expresses his gratitude towards viewers of “Let’s Eat 3.” He apologizes for causing so much trouble, but says he is grateful for all the memories and great food he was able to eat on set. With a loud, “Thank you,” he waves his hands goodbye at the camera.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1230371wpp/watch-highlights-yoon-doojoon-adorably-stumbles-lines-final-lets-eat-3-making-video

Archived