[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] My Girlfriend 我不能恋爱的女朋友

sugarplum892

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Green Oasis Zhou said:

I have summary of chap 1 already, check it out!! :D
In this chapter, the author tells us about Chi Xin (male lead) and his enemy (Tong Liang).
From chapter 1->5 ,only introduce the background of the characters, the male and female characters have not met, after chapter 5, the story will be more interesting.

Reveal hidden contents

Summary Chap 1:
Chixin has been an outdoor events MC for 6 years. His dream is to be a newscaster, sitting indoor at a television station and hosting a news program.

Tong Liang was one of Chixin's juniors-who was introduced to have internship at station by Chixin. They both went through many ups and downs together, but after that, Tong Liang was promoted to be the official newsletter. Despite a bit of pity, Chixin still sincerely gave his congratulation on Tong Liang.

After Tong Liang was promoted to that position, he turned his back and changed his attitude towards Chixin. He was even trying to prevent Chixin from developing his career, do not want Chixin to get up to new position as high as him. 

One scene, while the Tong Liang was recording his program, Chixin stood outside observing through the glass window. He pretended to be the official MC by taking after what Tong Liang doing insides : reading the news, mimic the scripts. On the same day, the chairman of the television station requested Chixin to hold camera for Tong Liang streaming on the internet and he couldnt refuse. 

As for Ding Xiaoru, she was watching Tong Liang's livestream when the driving teacher asked her to return to reality. Ding Xiaoru wants to learn to drive in spite of her sleeping disorder. She might suddenly loses consciousness and sleeps within 10 minutes without knowing anything.
She doesnt have aptitude to learn to drive. That day she had tried her best but still repeated the same mistakes. After that, lacking of reasons, she drove out of training yard then crashed into another car on the road, fell down unconsious.
[/spoiler]

Thank you. :D 

First dxr and now cx.... :lol: my otp have so much bad luck in their lives :sweatingbullets:

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MjM5MDc5NTA2Mw==&mid=2651656709&idx=2&sn=d3f68df94500f481f60173d3245bae40

InStyle interview, QX talking about working with XWZ on My Girlfriend.

Here's the translation (well I will put this in spoiler :P)

Q: You and XWZ look cute together, fans thought your interaction on the red carpet was really sweet. Any funny stuff you can share about your filming? Was it all filmed by script, or were there many improvisation?

QX: I think he's really nice, the straightest type of guy, like a big boy. Working with him is very relaxing, he doesn't make you feel pressure. In private he's very tolerant, you can make fun of him in everything and he's totally cool about it. Our filming was mostly based on the script. I think it was a very thorough script, but naturally there weren't many details in the script, so when it came to the sweet interaction moves, we usually had discussions about them. Our kissing scene didn't go smoothly, the director wanted to film it again after it was done, said that there was some problem about both of us. 

Q: So you two did it in different ways?

QX: There were no different ways. We just had to do it as how it should be done. It was actually pretty funny. Like in one scene, he had to keep pushing me, till I was on the sofa or something, there were a lot to be improvised, female viewers would love it, we designed on things like this.

Idk why I find her answers are funny :lol:

Some sweet scene before going to bed:wub: 

:wub::wub:Here is the summary of chap 2+3
After i have read this chapter, i feel so sad for Ding Xiao Rou. :(Tell me what are you thinking ! ^^
pls click the hidden contents to read it! :vicx:Cant wait for the chapter that DXR meets Chi Xin!:lol:

Chapter2: (chapter2 just introduction of Ding Xiaorou's family background) 

After falling into unconsiousness, Ding Xiaorou was brought to home. Her mother, Du Lili was very angry because she knew very well about her daughter's strange sickness. Ding Xiaoru has a young uncle, Du Liming who is only 9 years older than her. The two are very close, treating each other like friends at the same age. Ding Xiaoru mother is a very beautiful classy women. She has a strong and strict character as well. She had sent Ding Xiaoru to many gifted classes like singing, painting, piano... etc.. but unluckily, Ding Xiaoru is clumsy, she does not inherit anything from her mother at all.

Chap3 

After the ealier unconsiousness, Ding Xiao Rou (DXR) has been better. She started going back to the company. At there, she’s usually unnoticed by her colleagues. They don’t want to be friend with her and never pay attention to her.
However, DXR always tries to cheer herself up everyday; she even says “ Fighting! Fighting!” to herself . The colleagues have seen those scenes, but they haven’t given any reaction.

There was a call for DXR to ask her to pay the compensation for the car which she had run into last time. She was broke so she made an excuse, said that she was going to a meeting .

DXR has a boyfriend whose name is Wang Te at the moment. He’s also her colleague. That day, Wang Te suddenly invited her for dinner. DXR thought that he finally decided to propose to her!
It wasn’t like DXR had that thoughts naturally, she heard that Wang Te was going to buy a diamond ring. His search history was also about romantic proposal ideas.
Because of that, she intentionally dressed up and went to the place. She wanted to be beautiful at that important time. However, Wang Te suddenly wanted to break up with her.

DXR didn’t have a clue, but Wang Te kept talking about the reason. He said to her that she was a nice girl but Lucy was better, and Lucy was suitable to him. (Lucy is DXR’s boss)
DXR’s heart was completely broken, but she tried to be self-possessed. She didn’t cry or shout, and eventually congratutaled to Wang Te despite of her broken heart.

One day Wang Te went to see her purposely, turns out he wanted to send a wedding invitation. She didn’t wanted to take it, but he said Lucy would send it herself if she didn’t take it.
She felt deeply hurt, but she just said “ Congratulate you two!”

On 7/24/2019 at 7:11 PM, Green Oasis Zhou said:

:wub::wub:Here is the summary of chap 2+3
After i have read this chapter, i feel so sad for Ding Xiao Rou. :(Tell me what are you thinking ! ^^
pls click the hidden contents to read it! :vicx:Cant wait for the chapter that DXR meets Chi Xin!:lol:

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter2: (chapter2 just introduction of Ding Xiaorou's family background) 

After falling into unconsiousness, Ding Xiaorou was brought to home. Her mother, Du Lili was very angry because she knew very well about her daughter's strange sickness. Ding Xiaoru has a young uncle, Du Liming who is only 9 years older than her. The two are very close, treating each other like friends at the same age. Ding Xiaoru mother is a very beautiful classy women. She has a strong and strict character as well. She had sent Ding Xiaoru to many gifted classes like singing, painting, piano... etc.. but unluckily, Ding Xiaoru is clumsy, she does not inherit anything from her mother at all.

Chap3 

After the ealier unconsiousness, Ding Xiao Rou (DXR) has been better. She started going back to the company. At there, she’s usually unnoticed by her colleagues. They don’t want to be friend with her and never pay attention to her.
However, DXR always tries to cheer herself up everyday; she even says “ Fighting! Fighting!” to herself . The colleagues have seen those scenes, but they haven’t given any reaction.

There was a call for DXR to ask her to pay the compensation for the car which she had run into last time. She was broke so she made an excuse, said that she was going to a meeting .

DXR has a boyfriend whose name is Wang Te at the moment. He’s also her colleague. That day, Wang Te suddenly invited her for dinner. DXR thought that he finally decided to propose to her!
It wasn’t like DXR had that thoughts naturally, she heard that Wang Te was going to buy a diamond ring. His search history was also about romantic proposal ideas.
Because of that, she intentionally dressed up and went to the place. She wanted to be beautiful at that important time. However, Wang Te suddenly wanted to break up with her.

DXR didn’t have a clue, but Wang Te kept talking about the reason. He said to her that she was a nice girl but Lucy was better, and Lucy was suitable to him. (Lucy is DXR’s boss)
DXR’s heart was completely broken, but she tried to be self-possessed. She didn’t cry or shout, and eventually congratutaled to Wang Te despite of her broken heart.

One day Wang Te went to see her purposely, turns out he wanted to send a wedding invitation. She didn’t wanted to take it, but he said Lucy would send it herself if she didn’t take it.
She felt deeply hurt, but she just said “ Congratulate you two!”

Reveal hidden contents

Ding Xiaorou is such a strong girl, I really admire her.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brief Intro of the story (based on the novel) :wub:

10 years ago, Ding Xiaorou got cursed accidentally that she would never get true love all her life. Ever since then, all her relationships ended with the guy breaking up with her, and they all found the love of their life shortly after leaving her!

After the 30th failing attempt, hopeless Xiaorou attended a group meeting called 'the reason why I can't be in love', where she met Chi Xin, a TV MC. 

Chi Xin asked Xiaorou to date his good friend and break up with him, in order to help his friend to find his true love. Chi Xin didn't really believe in the curse thing, but his friend indeed found his true love after breaking up with Xiaorou. So, with the hope to get back together with his ex, Chi Xin decided to date Xiaorou too..

Ding Xiaorou, 27 years old, works in advertisement in Beijing. A careless goofball, but is also warm, kind and strong. She's a persistent warrior in various relationships, and tries to mature up at work. She would cheer herself up with smile even at the hardest point of her life.

Life used to be easy and peaceful for her, but with the curse and the ensuing love swamp, everything changed and she has endless courage to fight back. Therefore, we could see her calmly getting out of every break-up, but we could also see her crouching to hug herself because of the pain.

Until she meets Chi Xin. To Chi Xin, Ding Xiaorou is an accident; but to Ding Xiaorou, Chi Xin is a kind reward from life. Seeing the man with a handsome face and a bad temper, she whispers to herself, she doesn't want to miss the love anymore.

Chi Xin, 28 years old, obscure anchor man at local TV. Sort of cold and distant, scheming, will talk in his broadcasting voice whenever he gets nervous. Before he meets Ding Xiaorou, he just got out of a long break-up exhausted both physically and mentally.

In his plan, he doesn't need his girlfriend to have the good look or to be a soft housewife, but she just can not be a goofball. Just a perfect match for Ding Xiaorou... While getting to know her, Chi Xin finds that she's a nice person despite being a bit goofy. And parting gets to be more and more unbearable.

One day they go to the furnishing mall together, Chi Xin notices the smile on his lips when he's walking pass a mirror. A panicking thought strikes him, has he fallen in love with her?

EFIODIuU4AAdXlM?format=jpg

Opening theme song:

Things you need to know about Chi Xin (read in the spoiler tag)

Cr. 许魏洲工作室

- Top producer of variety shows
- Virgo
- Straightforward, picky, perfectionist
- Cook instant noodles with measuring cups, easy to start bickering
- Always has plan B
- Super creative, prone to sleep deprivation
- Sharp tongue, master of brainwashing, has strong sense of justice when it comes to matters of principle
- Three-piece lover, silk scarf is part of the standard set
- Super masculine because he can carry his girlfriend in princess style

005SXUeply1g7m9yyqc8mg30eu0qob2h.gif

New stills released by Qiao Xin's studio

006MVvLCly1g7m08y2h9rj34g02yo4qz.jpg

006MVvLCly1g7m08rc4ocj339s26oe86.jpg

006MVvLCly1g7m08dzeaxj356o3ggu15.jpg

006MVvLCly1g7m094zpzvj339s26oqve.jpg

On 10/5/2019 at 5:24 AM, shinchan1020x said:

This drama will be subbed by Viki https://www.viki.com/tv/36167c-my-girlfriend

Yay!  There will be English subtitles! :D I wasn't sure what to think from reading the plot synopsis but the longer trailer is very entertaining and seems like the drama might have a bit more substance than I was expecting. 

I'm happy it sounds like they haven't dubbed the actors either.

Only thing I don't like is Timmy Xu's hair:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this! :wub:

It's surprisingly heartwarming and the leads have great chemistry. Besides how can a show that features The Carpenter's Close to You be terrible? ;)

I was wondering about Timmy while looking at the trailer, thinking that he appeared vaguely familiar. So I looked him up and saw that he was in Evolution of our Love as Zhang Ruoyun's biggest rival. Yeah... I remembered him then. Didn't think he was suited to that role TBH.

Here, on the other hand... he's great. He is eminently suited to this role and it's great watching him gradually come to care about and then fall for the female lead. Haha... Whaddaya know... she suffers from narcolepsy and he is an insomniac. It's a rom com after all. One expects these sorts of nuttiness.

I'm watching this on YT if you're wondering. But I see that it's already on Viki.

On 10/19/2019 at 11:20 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

I really like this! :wub:

It's surprisingly heartwarming and the leads have great chemistry. Besides how can a show that features The Carpenter's Close to You be terrible? ;)

I was wondering about Timmy while looking at the trailer, thinking that he appeared vaguely familiar. So I looked him up and saw that he was in Evolution of our Love as Zhang Ruoyun's biggest rival. Yeah... I remembered him then. Didn't think he was suited to that role TBH.

Here, on the other hand... he's great. He is eminently suited to this role and it's great watching him gradually come to care about and then fall for the female lead. Haha... Whaddaya know... she suffers from narcolepsy and he is an insomniac. It's a rom com after all. One expects these sorts of nuttiness.

I'm watching this on YT if you're wondering. But I see that it's already on Viki.

Thank you for the review!  Will definitely give this drama a try.

It's a sweet fluffy little drama. Most important of all it doesn't drag. I like it more and more as it goes on. So far there's nothing insanely melodramatic... hiccups here and there but no huge upheavals. Even the bickering is largely good-natured. At the end of the day, the leads are both good-hearted, creative individuals trying to make their way in a dog eat dog world. There are villains but both are career related. Xiao Ruo's bestie is truly great... even while she's crushing on the 2ML who's crushing on XR, she remains one of her biggest cheerleaders. The 2ML is okay... he's nice and supportive but I don't really root for him. ;) XR's not really into him for one (her reactions are clear) but he's clearly not really her soulmate either. It's nice to be romanced by Prince Charming... and he is... but Snow White can't help falling for with the dwarf/wood cutter she's worked with who has been looking after her really well even without her knowledge. There are plenty of Cinderella references and it makes sense on some level but there are other fairy tales at play also. For instance, Hans Christian Andersen's Little Match Girl.

The thing I really like about the leads is that they're decent human beings who bring the best in each other. It's lovely to see the male lead have such a transformative effect on her confidence. I wish that he had gotten over his ex much sooner because he would have realised his feelings for XR. But the ex... who seems a nice sort... is pushing him in the right direction. Which is a breath of fresh air from the usual scheming types who come in uninvited. Here I think, it's about the leads coming to the realisation on their own about what they want.

Both male leads are good guys (so far) so it's not about who is the "better" man. Ultimately it's XR's choice. She's not a trophy to be won by a couple of handsome fellas duking it out. Thank God! Some girls it seems aren't swept off their feet by princes... but they enjoy the comforts of being with the boy-next-door... or the boy from the next floor down... as is the case here. ;) 

However, even it were about the "better" man, I still think Chi Xin would win by virtue of always being at the right place at the right time to rescue the damsel in distress. One would think that fate was on his side because he always happens to be there when she needs him the most. :D In all seriousness, the truth is he has done so much for her... more than she will ever know.

Sigh... it's so hard waiting for the episodes every week. Dangit... why didn't I start this after the whole thing ends?! Worse still I'm probably ahead of everyone at the moment. :P

There's something strangely addictive about the drama... it reminds me of US rom coms from the 1990s. Not a lot of hijinx or malice (so far it's coming from one source)... just decent but flawed people trying to navigate around love and life. I'm super fond of the leads (enjoying their chemistry)... who are occasionally frustrating for holding back when even a kid can see that Chi Xin really likes Xiao Rou. I guess he has tried to confess more than once but the heart rate monitor sounds off and get in the way. ;) 

But there are many heartwarming moments that make up for other characters getting in the way. Of course in reality the OTP are their own worst enemies. Their individual predicaments, their beliefs, superstitions, predicaments and fears are what keeps them apart. There's a lot of focus on hopes and dreams... there's also a sense that a person's expectations of what something should be is seldom met. It makes this show feel a tad more realistic. Even while ZZ gives it his best shot and throws everything except the kitchen sink at XR, she's not particularly taken by all of it. She may be moved but she's not wooed. 

I really want other people to talk to about this so I'm hoping that someone else will pick this up aside from me.

Archived