Matrimonial Chaos/The Best Divorce

Matrimonial-Chaos-Korean-Drama-p1.jpg

최고의 이혼 

Episodes: 16

Genre: Comedy, Romance

Network: KBS

Airdate:  October 8th - November 27th, 2018

Airtime: Mon & Tue @ 22:00

Directed by: Yoo Hyun Ki  (Unkind Ladies, Seo-Young My Daughter)

Written by: Moon Jung Min

Plot:

Jo Seok-Moo graduated from a prestigious university, but he pursued his dream of becoming a musician rather than finding a traditional job. Jo Seok-Moo did not become a musician and because of his advanced age, he could not land a decent job. He then began working at a security service company. There, he met Kang Whee-Roo  for the first time as his customer. They have have been married for 3 years now, but Jo Seok-Moo asks for a divorce. They do not have very much in common. Jo Seok-Moo has a stubborn personality and enjoys spending time alone, while Kang Whee-Roo is easy-going and has a positive personality. In front of them, the married couple of Jin Yoo-Young and Lee Jang-Hyun appear. Jin Yoo-Young is Jo Seok-Moo’s first love.

Cast:

Cha Tae-Hyun - Jo Seok-Moo

1538371141939_154460.jpg

Bae Doo-Na - Kang Whee-Roo

1538371142074_154482.jpg

Lee El - Jin Yoo-Young

1538371142181_154507.jpg

Son Seok-Koo - Lee Jang-Hyun

1538371142284_154529.jpg

Moon Sook - Ko Mi-Sook

Choi Jung-Woo - Jo Koo-Ho

Nam Gi-Ae - Baek Mi-Yeon

Yoo Hyung-Gwan - Kang Choo-Wol

Kim Hye-Jun - Kang Ma-Roo

Ha Yoon-Kyung - Joo Soo-Kyung

Long trailer:

Spoiler

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

source: hancinema

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] The Best Divorce, 최고의 이혼 - Cha Tae Hyun, Bae Doona - Premiers in October 2018
  • 1 month later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] The Best Divorce, 최고의 이혼 - Cha Tae Hyun, Bae Doona - Premieres in October 2018
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Matrimonial Chaos / The Best Divorce, 최고의 이혼 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST - Premieres on October 8th
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Matrimonial Chaos / The Best Divorce, 최고의 이혼 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST - Premieres TONIGHT

This is a difficult one for me. I really liked the Japanese original, Saikou No Rikon. I loved Ono Machiko in the role played by Bae Doona in the remake. Despite thinking that Bae Doona is the best actress ever, I was worried how she would handle this role. She did a lot of terrific comedy earlier in her career (6 Love Stories is probably my favorite Korean drama), but it's been a while since she's gone all-comic (though there were hints in Secret Forest/Stranger).

I didn't know much about Lee El, but I recently saw her in What a Man Wants on a United flight to Tokyo a few weeks ago. I think that she's excellent in the Maki Yoko role. And, while I like Cha Tae-Hyun, it's been a while since I've really been impressed with his work.

That said, I liked episodes 1-2 a lot. The writing was very good. The adaptation of the original to this remake has been done well. And I came away really liking the interaction between Bae Doona and Cha Tae-Hyun. Their relationship is complex and has been portrayed well.

I'm looking forward to following this drama.

This is an oddly charming drama LoL. I thought the subject matter might be too heavy? But I guess it's thanks to its solid cast it works. 

The dating rumors of Bae Doo-Na & Son Suk-Ku must be true 'cause they're co-stars again. Poor Cha Tae-Hyun he plays a hapless character but it seem familiar to his previous roles as well.. Doo-Na's unexpectedly funny. 

October 5, 2018

Spouses seek ‘Best Divorce,’ end up learning what love is

By Im Eun-byel The Korea Herald

Two couples learn the true meaning of love by going through a divorce in KBS2’s upcoming rom-com drama series “The Best Divorce.”

The Monday-Tuesday series is an adaptation of a popular Japanese drama that made a splash on Fuji TV in 2013. In it, two more or less average couples start divorce proceedings just because they can’t get along. 

20181005000756_0.jpg
Actors Cha Tae-hyun and Bae Doo-na pose for photos at a media event

held Friday at Times Square, a shopping center in Yeongdeungpo, Seoul. (Yonhap)

“The drama is based on how men and women think differently about dating and marriage. Men and women have differences in their thinking about why marriage is difficult,” producer Yoo Hyun-ki said at a press event held Friday in western Seoul. 

“The original production had (a distinctive) voice, and it raised issues in Japanese society. We’re going to follow (the storyline and other details), but a remake has to be different in some ways, being a separate creation,” Yoo said. 

“There are differences between Korean and Japanese society. While the original work’s female characters are more timid and passive, (the characters) in our production are more active and know what they want to do,” the producer added. 

Starring Bae Doo-na and Cha Tae-hyun as the main couple, the show depicts the pair continuing to live together for practical reasons as they wait for their house to be sold. During this time, they grant each other the freedom to date other people. 

“I was worried because this is a remake of a hit drama. I had thought, ‘If we can’t perfectly localize the drama, why should we (try to improve on) a masterpiece?’ But reading (the script) I really liked the lines and somehow thought, I can do this role well,” Bae said. 

“I know that some people might feel uncomfortable with the title. But this is a fun, amusing drama in its essence, depicting how four mischievous characters go through a divorce,” she added. 

Actor Cha, who is adored by many for his sweet, gentle character, is to play Bae’s husband. From starring in the weekly entertainment series “2 Days & 1 Night” on KBS, he has gained a large fan base. 

The “Along with the Gods” star has mainly played kindly, good-natured characters. But this time he will be a cranky husband with a short temper. 

“The role is different from my usual roles. But I liked the script and the role, and I really wanted to work with Bae. That accounted for 70 percent of my choice,” he said.

Married in real life, Cha says he can relate to some parts of the drama but can’t understand other aspects because they differ from his reality. In cases like that, the show’s staff members help him get a clearer understanding of the issues. 

“Although it deals with the (heavy) subject of divorce, the story is light and fun,” he commented. 

The 16-episode drama starring Cha Tae-hyun, Bae Doo-na, Lee El and Son Suk-ku is scheduled to air its premiere episode on Monday at 10 p.m. 

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com)

1 hour ago, rubie said:

“There are differences between Korean and Japanese society. While the original work’s female characters are more timid and passive, (the characters) in our production are more active and know what they want to do,” the producer added.  

Obviously didn't understand Yuka's character. :expressionless: Or any of the other female characters in the original, for that matter.

haven't watched the japancese version yet but happy to say that I LOVE THIS DRAMA, I really enjoy this slice of life kind of drama where everything just hits close to your heart. Each character is being portrayed beautifully. I can't wait for next week's episode following that major cliffhanger at the end of episode 2. 
PS. thankful that not just the main characters but also the side characters are giving me LIFE!

I have a question chingu's.  Are the episode for this drama 35 minutes each? Where I am watching it at has episode 1-4 aired already. smh smh 

Just finished episode 1-2. These episode seems really short but I had blas watching it. I love Bae Doo Na. In the end of the episode , It seems the wife is alway late for a reason and she knew him when they were young. Plan on rewatching episode 1-2 again because I think I missed something. 

Seok Moo has a major major proble, he hates his job as a security service guy. His company's clients are so rude and act like they are the only client this company has. It really richard simmons me off. Seok Moo doesn't even pay attention to his wife and all she wants is for him to see her. 

I love the way they told us how they met when in fact it wasn't the first time. As he told his story, I have come to the conclusion that Seok Moo is sooooooo CLUELESSS.  It was clear as day , that these false alarms were to get his attention and when it wasn't one he wasn't there to save her.. 

Again because of his unhappiness, he chose to spend more time with his college ex girlfriend , when his wife needed him the most. I wished we had the chance to see what happened except to seeing that she was so depressed. Kang Whee-Roo was depressed and her husband didn't noticed that because he was only thinking of himself. smh smh 

Will come back after wathing the other episodes. 

Archived