[Drama 2018] Matrimonial Chaos / The Best Divorce, 최고의 이혼

0ly40

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah every episodes is 35 min or something like that so there are 4 episodes. but because most people has been used to old episode system without the commercial brake we usually say 2 episodes even when there are four. it maybe esier or maybe it confuses people.

In my mind Seok Moo sees thinks his way.  I mean he thinks  He thought that he and his ex-girlfriend had only good memories but like we saw that wasn't true. We still don't what happened but  I think Seok Moo even then thought only about his feeelings.  

On 10/10/2018 at 1:20 AM, 1ouise said:

Is anybody watching?  :mellow:  Has anyone seen the Japanese version?

I like Cha Tae-hyun and Bae Doona, and Lee El is growing on me.  I'm enjoying the more introspective style of this drama.

i had watch the japanese version after i know korea would be remake this drama.....the japanese drama quite good and its shown the realistic things would be happen in marriage. i like how japanese ways of thinking....so i'm looking forward for this drama as cha tae hyun here.

sad that after tonight's episode we have to wait another week for another set of episodes :( IM ADDICTED TO THIS DRAMA, the subtle details and the social issues they tackle but not in a heavy setting, IM LIVING!

October 17, 2018

'Matrimonial Chaos' hints at challenges of localization

SEOUL, Oct. 17 (Yonhap) -- The new television series "Matrimonial Chaos" showed a strong performance, despite some critical reviews about localization, by landing at No. 2 in its debut week on the weekly TV chart, data showed Wednesday.

The KBS romantic comedy, which is the Korean remake of the popular Japanese series on Fuji TV from 2013, recorded a Content Power Index (CPI) score of 257.9 for Oct. 8-14.

The Monday-Tuesday series, also known as "The Bes Divorce," revolves around a couple whose marriage ends in divorce but decides to live under one roof for the time being for a smooth legal separation.

The lead female actor Bae Doo-na, who plays the wife, Kang Hui-ru, made a welcoming comeback to a terrestrial TV network after an almost eight-year hiatus.

A poster of the upcoming television show "The Best Divorce," provided by KBS (Yonhap)

A poster of the television show "The Best Divorce," provided by KBS (Yonhap)

During a recent media event to promote the series, she said despite some reservations she had before shooting about how to remake the already successful Japanese series, she became confident that the drama has been adapted successfully to reflect the Korean culture about marriage.

That conviction, however, has yet to resonate with some viewers who complain about the lead male character's lack of depth compared with that of the original series and one-dimensional supporting characters. The story is also developing too slowly and is close to being boring, others point out. The Korean one has been extended to 16 episodes from the original 10.

To be fair, it is still too early to judge the show's level of localization and performance, as it has just begun and there are still 14 more episodes to go.

The CPI, created by CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea, measures the level of popularity, social media presence and influence on consumer behavior of entertainment TV programs aired on three major terrestrial networks -- MBC, SBS and KBS -- and seven cable channels owned by CJ E&M -- including tvN, Mnet and OCN -- during prime time. JTBC, another cable network that airs some highly popular entertainment shows and dramas, is not included in the measurement.

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

WHy isn't anyone here discussing this drama. I find this drama very entertaining and funny. THis drama has a lot of teach us viewers in what happens when you and your spouse don't communicate enough. As the drama progresses we can see that each characters's POV isn't Black White. The two main couple will learn from each other and understand their spouse. 

JIn Yoon-Young and Lee Jang Hyun

Does this couple seem compatible? Will their marriage survive by the end of the drama? 

If anyone is watching  a. yes

b. No

My opinion YJ is so desperate for love and attention that she seems to forget that her husband attention span is short. He is hurting her, hurting his other girlfriend and will most likely put them all in danger health wise. The fact she accepts his cheating, think she is in love with her husband and the marriage they have is to her satisfaction. She also has no idea how many woman he is sleeping with. He is so smart to keep all his girlfriends in the same area. I wonder if JH even loves himself, to be sleepping with so many woman. He is talented, popular with people and very rude at the same time. He is handsome and needs to be more observant on the way he treats people. He seems to care of his wife and I do wonder if that is love.

Seok Moo and Whee-Roo

Wow, these too couple need to communicate badly. I believe Whee-Roo is divorcing him because she thinks her b=husband doesn't love her. In her hubby's mind, he doesn't love and never have but I think that isn't true. I think Whee-Roo means a lot to him because although they are different , she tries to understand him, she listens to him but with Seok Moo it seems the world revolves around him and he forget the important things that matters to others. I do blame his father for the way Seok Moo acts. Now that Whee Roo pays little attentiont to him, he is starting to remmeber the little things that matters and she is now forgetting it. She has finally decided to move on but as of episode 8 , she worked so hard no to lose their home and she was just shocked at what she did. She will struggle but at least she has Im Si Ho will be a great distraction. 

this is human drama. I think not everyone's taste. but i'm loving this. because this feels real drama. And I'm not really rom-com fan. I usually watch thriller/action or long weekend dramas. 

I honestly don't know if YY and JH marriage can survive he's cheating.  I don't even know if they are compatible couple but I think they should argue more. I mean in the long run if they don't talk they issues it's going to blow up and end their marriage. 

Why did Seok moo and whee roo ended up married?  

I can't believe no one is discussing this drama.  :o  This is the first time that I've followed a drama and nothing is going on at Soompi.  I usually don't comment too much, but I feel like this one is being overlooked.  :(  I'm really enjoying it!  It gives me a lot to think about.  It isn't shallow and predictable.  I don't find it boring.  There are a lot of little details that are easy to miss.

6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I find this drama very entertaining and funny. This drama has a lot of teach us viewers in what happens when you and your spouse don't communicate enough. As the drama progresses we can see that each characters's POV isn't Black White. The two main couple will learn from each other and understand their spouse. 

I agree.  It's not black and white.

I haven't watched the original Japanese version, so I don't know the story or how it will end.  I'm not sure what the "happy ending" will be.  As Si-ho explained, getting married and getting divorced are both about seeking happiness.

I'm finding that I have a lot of sympathy for each of the characters--except maybe Jang-hyun.  (He doesn't even seem to remember his own life.  Does he have two personalities?!) 

Each of us is born with our personality.  We don't exactly choose to be uptight or carefree or introvert or extrovert.  But we do have to learn how to interact with others and consider their feelings.  Without realizing it, I think we expect people to be able to read our minds and know what we are thinking and feeling without telling them.

I liked seeing the realization come to Hwi-roo about Seok-moo when Si-ho showed up late for the movie, and when she tried balancing on the curb.  Walking in the other person's shoes helps you to see from their point of view and from their personality.

@1ouise  Seok Moo is a slow learner but I think he will try to be more understanding. After hearing his ex’s story on why she wished him dead, it opened his eyes up a bit but like you said we all

have our own personality. Not only personality but our upbringing also plays a part to what kind of person we become. Change isn’t easy but being able to adapt or compromise can make our lives better.  Whee Roo is seeing things through his eyes why he acts that way but most of the time it is his personality that makes him unapproachable. 

Chinfu Hwat do you suspect about Whee Roo’s sister? What is her problem? I am getting the vibe that she maybe have feeling for her roommate? Am I wrong? What do you think?? 

I really like the actor Cha Tae-hyun very much. He doesn't have the hot looks of Choi Daniel (for example :) ) . But he is very very talented. He is everyday guy. And really he is very humorous :) 

I like the scene when he keeps cleaning everything :) 

And the look on his face when his ex-wife is dropping toothpaste on the floor is priceless :D

Currently i love this show. 4 episodes in and i love every bit of it. Especially acting. Maybe as i get older i tend to drawn human relationships more than lovey dovey moments that is why.

I loved the last episode the tantrum of hwiru especially. Seok mu is a selfish guy on 1 to 1 relationships. He does whatever he wants to do and he doesnt compromise, which breaks the relationship apart. Marriage is about sharing everything, even the things you don't want to do. I am on board with hwiru about that she seemed like the only one who compromised on the big things. But on the other hand hwiru is also too laidback. I wonder what will happen next..

19 hours ago, The_Doctor said:

Currently i love this show. 4 episodes in and i love every bit of it. Especially acting. Maybe as i get older i tend to drawn human relationships more than lovey dovey moments that is why.

totally agree with you in here, really like the set up and how this drama is executed with how human relationships are portrayed

Archived