Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

16 hours ago, teachermok said:

I know that everybody is entitled to his/ her opinion, I'm just sad that some of the negative reactions/ comments I've read about TSHLYE are really harsh :( The show is polarizing, sure, still... I wish people wouldn't be that nasty. I probably should just stick to this thread when it comes to all things MooKang from now on.

I kind of understand when people don't have a liking towards a certain drama for whatever their reasons because everyone is free to have an opinion. I think this site is a safe haven for any Mookang shippers anyways so I turn a blind eye towards the people who has no love for the drama :wub:

14 hours ago, teachermok said:

've also read comments that criticize SIG's acting as "meh" or "bland". All right, all right, I know we are all entitled to our own opinions, but to describe SIG's acting as such- there must be something seriously wrong with your judgment. There are also quite a number of comments against JSM's acting. I'm now about to lose my temper :angry: I don't get why there are some people hating on them both :wacko:

However, I can't fathom this, SIG acting was "meh" and "bland" what seriously someone actually thought this?!

Did they even watch the drama he had like hundreds of different expressions is every frame. He was giving out a different nuance in the start and gradually started to show a different kind of feel towards the end. You can totally feel his indifferent feelings towards seung ah and Yuri by his expressions and body language, you can feel his amusement and curiousity towards JK in the beginning to him finally falling for her, his acting was top notch! You feel his anger towards JG and his desperation when he confronted seran and his heartbreak it was never a same facial expression throughout the drama. I'm confused how someone can think of his performance as subpar:no_mouth:

I also saw some people not liking Somin's potrayal as Jk saying that she's too whiny? 

Like seriously whereeee or when was she whiny? She was such a brave character, she braves the cold to force MY to talk to her, she knows that MY is no angel but she still take the step to reach out for his hand and love him unconditionally, she put a gun on her temple to prove a point and even willed herself to live until she saw MY shut his eyes before finally succumbing to her death. Somin potrayed herself well enough that I felt her conflicted feelings when MY started pursuing her, I felt her guilt and frustration in feelings the way she did, she did an awesome job here. I was beginning to think that am I Blinded by my love for somin's jin kang that I didn't see the flaws in her acting that people were seeing:glasses:all I know is seo in guk and somin did an amazing job and no one can convince me otherwise!

4 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Because this is my First Life! :wub: JSM was super, super adorable in the series, and LMK's deadpan, weirdo acting had me in stitches :lol:

I think she was awesome in this, however I preferred the Japanese version but this was what make me anticipate her next project, I've watched some of her other projects but it was BTLIOF that made me pay attention to her but this drama sealed my love for her:wub:

@jujuls I miss moo kang couple too I can't believe it's really over that we won't be seeing them tomorrow.

@hoyund yessssss, they will be airing in Japan? any news if the cast would do any promotions in Japan? 

13 hours ago, kdramaaddict212 said:

HELLOKPOP TSHLYE review

A must read. Finally a review from a media site giving the love and praise that is deserves :)

And thank you for this link I love the review, it has so much heart in it. 

I love this bit from the review

"Seo who played man who's "smile has left his eyes" left lingering impressions on how we should not give up on people who are dear to us, who seemed hopeless to the life course  they are taking.

Most often then not they just need a JIn kang in their lives, who can pull them out of  caving in so that they can share their fears and dreams."

:bawling::heart:

Mooyoung was a loner who had no friends and he was just living without a purpose, but Jin kang taught him about the beauty of living especially when spent with someone you love, he finally had that hope when Jin kang came to his life.:wub:

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, teachermok said:

I miss my dear MooKang couple so much so that I'm watching TSHLYE's press conference a few months ago WITHOUT SUBS huhuhu :bawling:

https://www.vlive.tv/video/90106

I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one still obsessed with the mookang ship:lol: I watched the PC without subs too haha

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

For those interested in purchasing the Bluray version of this drama here is the link. 

Ordering Blu Ray version TSHLYE details

From what I have read it looks like the number of presale orders have to reach 1000 purchases  in order for them to send it out. If they don't receive a certain number they will refund the money. 

Features included: Ultra high quality

Unreleased scene full version video

Field Making and NG video

commentary of writers, directors and actors

an interview with the actors

You have from November 26th - December 16th to pre-purchase it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I decided to backread all your posts after being MIA for almost a week and had to restrain myself from bawling my eyes out while reading your comments or else my parents will think that I'm batsheez crazy. Just finished ep 16 a while ago and I'm very pleased that this drama ended without any loose ends and very very sad because there's nothing more to look forward to Wed and Thurs. I'm gonna miss them so much :(

I've mentioned before that I'm very satisfied with this drama's conclusion because a happy ending is not quite fitting with TSHLYE's overall tone and context. Some were quite disappointed and demanded a resolution for JG and evil secretary. In my opinion, the said resolution is not necessary at all coz the narrative has always been about MY and JK. There's also a high chance that JG might attempt to take his life again (noooo) because JK is the only reason why he decided to live. Now that she's gone, it will be hard for him to find his purpose again and his guilt towards MY will also probably take its toll on him. As for the evil sec, karma will always find its way.

I also want to point out that MY and JK wearing black and white respectively seems like a reference to Yin and Yang. It's a symbol of  MY and JK's coexistence and dependency towards each other. One cannot survive without the existence of the other half. 

Quoting from https://personaltao.com/taoism/what-is-yin-yang/:

Yin / Yang: Two halves that together complete wholeness. Yin and yang are also the starting point for change. When something is whole, by definition, it’s unchanging and complete. So when you split something into two halves - yin/yang, it upsets the equilibrium of wholeness. Both halves are chasing after each other as they seek a new balance with each other.

Also from https://www.ancient.eu/Yin_and_Yang/:

Neither pole is superior to the other and, as an increase in one brings a corresponding decrease in the other, a correct balance between the two poles must be reached in order to achieve harmony.

Yin Yang sums up MY and JK's relationship in a nutshell.

bw.png

I think they purposely dressed MY and JK with black and white clothes in this scene to exhibit their coexistence. 
bw1.png

I also want to commend PSW's acting upon seeing MY and JK's dead body. My heart broke into pieces when he couldn't even touch JK's cold body. His acting was so convincing I had to pause the video to wipe off my tears. Doujima Kanzo didn't seem like he lost his one and only sister. He didn't even cry when the police came to the crime scene.

It also gives me a lot of comfort when someone mentioned that the final scene (JK and MY lying on the pyeongsang) means our MooKang couple finally saw each other in paradise :bawling: 

huhu.png

Spoiler

huhu2.png

MY did perish first because he lost the will to live upon seeing JK dying in front of him. But it's quite fitting that JK arrived first in paradise because she was completely innocent and unaware of everything that's happened in the past...then MY eventually followed because he promised that he'll come back to JK no matter what. somebody hug me I'm breaking apart.

On 11/25/2018 at 9:04 PM, jujuls said:

As much as I want them to choose quickly their next project, I’m not ready to see them with other leads and build a brand new chemistry even though I don’t think it can top easily the one we witnessed in TSHLYE. 

This was my first drama with SIG, I’ve only seen a few clips of his previous works but to me he had the best chemistry with JSM. What do you think?

I agree with you. SIG had the best chemistry with JSM out of all his leading ladies. IMO, Jung Eun-ji and Lee Min-ki takes the 2nd place respectively. I couldn't even imagine them being paired with and kiss other actors in their next project. When BTIMFL concluded, I was really excited to know JSM's leading man in her next drama but SIG changed everything. I just want to see them together in another series ASAP. If they will be cast in a rom-com, I'd really love it if the plot is slightly melodramatic but will definitely give us a good laugh and A HAPPY ENDING (I REPEAT DRAMA GODS, WE NEED A HAPPY ENDING) such as Fated to Love You.

On a side note: I don't know about you but I believe Go Min Si has the potential to become the next leading lady! I really loved her acting. She somehow reminds me of Han Hyo Joo.

UPDATE: See the comments on the yt videos provided below and you will thank me later!

Spoiler

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

If here anybody know the Korean, please share what was written in this article. The interview with Kwon Su Hyun (cho rong).

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=312&aid=0000359431

From what I understand a bit, it seems he's also have withdrawal symptom like us. He and In Guk, met few days ago. They watched the final episode together and KSH cried.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, alivingparadox24 said:

I also want to point out that MY and JK wearing black and white respectively seems like a reference to Yin and Yang. It's a symbol of  MY and JK's coexistence and dependency towards each other. One cannot survive without the existence of the other half. 

I like your use of Yin and Yang to explain the coexistence and interdependence of our MooKang puppies!

22 minutes ago, alivingparadox24 said:

It also gives me a lot of comfort when someone mentioned that the final scene (JK and MY lying on the pyeongsang) means our MooKang couple finally saw each other in paradise :bawling:  

I forget who mentioned this, but yeah, the last cut provides us with some comfort that they are now together wherever the afterlife maybe. I love how MY arrives a tad later- in keeping with his promise that he will come back to her no matter how far he has gone LOVE LOVE LOVE!

24 minutes ago, alivingparadox24 said:

UPDATE: See the comments on the yt videos provided below and you will thank me later! 

Saw the comments on the YT vids already and the comments section is a paradise for us MooKang fans! Made me smile after all the negativity in the other forums. Thanks, @alivingparadox24! :wub:

• Like 8

4 hours ago, kdramaaddict212 said:

For those interested in purchasing the Bluray version of this drama here is the link. 

From what I have read it looks like the number of presale orders have to reach a certain amount in order for them to send it out. If they don't receive a certain number they will refund the money. 

If this is the only way we can see our MooKang couple doing a drama commentary together, then let's do this!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kdramaaddict212 said:

From what I have read it looks like the number of presale orders have to reach 1000 purchases  in order for them to send it out. If they don't receive a certain number they will refund the money. 

Features included: Ultra high quality

Unreleased scene full version video

Field Making and NG video

commentary of writers, directors and actors

an interview with the actors

You have from November 26th - December 16th to pre-purchase it.

Thanks so much, @kdramaaddict212 for the infos! Will most definitely order!!!

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, alivingparadox24 said:

Does this also include the bed scene?

Woops.

PS: AND WE'RE ON HOT TOPICS AGAIN. I really miss reading all your comments and theories :(

Aside from a full-length bed scene (or better yet, SCENES), I hope that the blu-ray set comes with the essence of MY! Maybe a lock of red hair? :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

39 minutes ago, teachermok said:

Aside from a full-length bed scene (or better yet, SCENES), I hope that the blu-ray set comes with the essence of MY! Maybe a lock of red hair? :P

Remember this scene @teachermok?

teehee.png

I'm not quite sure with the context but seems like JK finally confirmed our assumptions that they did something at the end of episode 14. Heh. :smirk: I need the full-length version of that scene.

I'd also like you to check out eryne_tee's MooKang couple fan arts on instagram. You really need to see how the bed scene was made! (no pun intended nyaha)

Spoiler

SHE EDITED OUT LITTLE KANG SUN HO HAHA!!!! EPIC!

Spoiler

Andrei Expose also made a compilation of MY and JK's bed scene on ep 11 and 12. My heart cannot take it anymore. I need to see more of this to satisfy my longing for our MooKang couple (preferably a compilation of their bed, kiss, head-nuzzling, hand-holding scenes, ...EVERYTHING!!!!)

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, alivingparadox24 said:

Does this also include the bed scene?

Woops.

PS: AND WE'RE ON HOT TOPICS AGAIN. I really miss reading all your comments and theories :(

I think in the future we need to watch all the Mookang scenes again and analyze them in greater detail. When you think about it while we appreciate everything for a lot of the scenes we couldn't talk about how much we enjoyed it in detail because we were too busy trying to prepare ourselves for all the other shocks including figuring out their connection to each other. 

I am surprised how little their love scene was discussed on this board. It was so beautiful, unexpected and perfect. Their love scene was  loving, fun, sexy, playful, joyful, sweet, passionate, tender and dorky all mixed into one moment. So much giggling, and enjoyment. I don't think I have ever scene a love scene in Kdrama land that done like this. It was everything! 

In Kdramas I know there have been love scenes much sexier than this but there was something about this scene and episode 10 that highlighted Mookang's sexual chemistry, connection and intimacy was on whole different level. 

Also I would love to have given a shout out to Jin Kang. We know Moo Young is an expert in bed and knows how to seduce a woman but it was Jin Kang that initially took charge and set the tone. You go girl!!! LOL 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

31 minutes ago, alivingparadox24 said:

Remember this scene @teachermok?

I'm not quite sure with the context but seems like JK finally confirmed our assumptions that they did something at the end of episode 14. Heh. :smirk: I need the full-length version of that scene.

Yes yes hehe and I hate it for the producers to just leave the scene to our imagination! Put that scene in the blu-ray set we demand of you!

Thanks for sharing all these goodies, @alivingparadox24. I'm only on data tonight so I can't scour the internet that much :(

P.S. One of my faves is not actually a bed scene, it was that scene when MY nuzzled JK's neck after JK asked him if he has money. That for me was so sexayyy!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 7

45 minutes ago, kdramaaddict212 said:

I am surprised how little their love scene was discussed on this board. It was so beautiful, unexpected and perfect. Their love scene was  loving, fun, sexy, playful, joyful, sweet, passionate, tender and dorky all mixed into one moment. So much giggling, and enjoyment. I don't think I have ever scene a love scene in Kdrama land that done like this. It was everything! 

In Kdramas I know there have been love scenes much sexier than this but there was something about this scene and episode 10 that highlighted Mookang's sexual chemistry, connection and intimacy was on whole different level

One thing that really struck me about the bed scene was that the undressing was shot in one take for over a minute with the camera moving close. They made it seem really natural and as of we were intruding on an intimate moment.  Props to SIG and JSM for pulling this off so beautifully as well.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, alivingparadox24 said:

MY did perish first because he lost the will to live upon seeing JK dying in front of him. But it's quite fitting that JK arrived first in paradise because she was completely innocent and unaware of everything that's happened in the past...then MY eventually followed because he promised that he'll come back to JK no matter what. somebody hug me I'm breaking a

@alivingparadox24 omg:bawling: I didn't even think about this but now that I see it I should have imagine it as so! Them meeting again in paradise. 

I'm so happy for them that they get to see each other and JK would have loyally waited for him and him finally arriving and they stare at each other, there's just something sweet about this scene I kinda wish they had end it till he snuggle towards her, because him snuggling towards her make me have this feels of elation and comfort for Mooyoung:wub:

1 hour ago, teachermok said:

e, it was that scene when MY nuzzled JK's neck after JK asked him if he has money. That for me was so sexayyy!

@teachermok there's just something about the way he snuggled her and said he is scared with what's going through her mind that was so playful and yet so loving with so much affection and tender all mix together:wub:

1 hour ago, kdramaaddict212 said:

think in the future we need to watch all the Mookang scenes again and analyze them in greater detail. When you think about it while we appreciate everything for a lot of the scenes we couldn't talk about how much we enjoyed it in detail because we were too busy trying to prepare ourselves for all the other shocks including figuring out their connection to each other. 

@kdramaaddict0211I'm so sad that I didn't join this thread earlier, all of you must have had a blast theorizing and agonizing together, why did I only remember to check soompi after all of this is over:bawling:

i was totally hooked by Mookang from the get go, and got so excited whenever they are together in a frame they were so electrifying, so when finally they started dating all of it felt so heartfluttering, I find myself flushing with blushness during their bed scene because it was so beautifully framed and so intimate:wub: and their giggles and shyness was very well potrayed by minguk hehe I mean it's not like it's the first time for MY but he was loving every moment of it, totally in contrast when he was doing it with seung ah:joy:you can feel the tender love through the screen with mookang. And the way he was pecking her arms and lips omg that was so playful and intimate I love that there was nothing lustful of that scene but just a full glory of passionate love :relieved:

• Like 6

5 hours ago, alivingparadox24 said:

I think they purposely dressed MY and JK with black and white clothes in this scene to exhibit their coexistence. 

I also want to commend PSW's acting upon seeing MY and JK's dead body. My heart broke into pieces when he couldn't even touch JK's cold body. His acting was so convincing I had to pause the video to wipe off my tears. Doujima Kanzo didn't seem like he lost his one and only sister. He didn't even cry when the police came to the crime scene.

Oh yes, I noticed too! Towards the latter end of the series they were wearing black and white alot and I'm sure that has got to have been a purposeful decision for the exact same reason you mentioned! (Plus, the stylists must've known that both of them look really good in turtlenecks, esp SIG ;) 

Despite all the flak JG's character is getting in other forums, I still love him and his character despite some of his big flaws (to which I mainly blame on poor writing and plotholes), and PSW's crying in the end was just...gah...even now I can't recall that last scene without tearing up. :tears: It's pretty rare to see a grown ajosshi bawling so hard in a kdrama so when you have such a fine actor like PSW doing it, it just guts me. I keep rewatching it this scene on YT:

5 hours ago, phi3nk said:

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=312&aid=0000359431

From what I understand a bit, it seems he's also have withdrawal symptom like us. He and In Guk, met few days ago. They watched the final episode together and KSH cried.

My Korean is very limited too but to add onto what you stated, the only other things he mentioned that i could understand was that he said working alongside JSM was good and that she gave off alot of energy, reading just the scripts of the last few episodes even made some staff members cry, and he mentioned quite a few times that he really enjoyed working with SIG and PSW and learned alot from them. (If any of the above is incorrect, feel free to edit me!)

44 minutes ago, dobbying said:

One thing that really struck me about the bed scene was that the undressing was shot in one take for over a minute with the camera moving close. They made it seem really natural and as of we were intruding on an intimate moment.  

Ah, good point! I love one shot takes when they are done right, and it certainly was appropriate for the bed scene. I'm more curious how they rehearsed the scene though and if it took alot of takes because it seriously looked so natural and playful. So I don't know if it was that they just have that great of a natural chemistry together or they're super serious actors who rehearsed alot, or perhaps all of the above, ha. Either way, the end result was beautiful. And as @kdramaaddict212 pointed out, I was surprised that JK set the tone for that scene and MY happily followed suit. I think it was done on purpose to contrast to the earlier scene of MY sleeping with SA to show that with JK, MooYoung will happily do whatever JK wants and take things at her pace. Plus, since now we know they were childhood friends, I've always seen MooKang's love as being alot more innocent and playful as opposed to sexy so the way that bed scene played out was very much in character for the both of them.

Question: Why are there no interviews with SIG and JSM?!? Yes, I know the ratings weren't a hit, but surely there is at least one Korean entertainment reporter who isn't blind enough to see what an AMAZING performance that just put out there, right?! Talk about being criminally underrated. UGH. :rage:

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, hoyund said:

Question: Why are there no interviews with SIG and JSM?!? Yes, I know the ratings weren't a hit, but surely there is at least one Korean entertainment reporter who isn't blind enough to see what an AMAZING performance that just put out there, right?! Talk about being criminally underrated. UGH. :rage:

Sorry to cut your post but here I'm questioning too why there's no interview of them yet released? I'm still waiting for it. Both are popular actors in SK. Their chemistry is too good even her real life boyfriend Lee Joon who is also great actor can't beat it. 

• Like 6