Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

37 minutes ago, teachermok said:

Hello, @hoyund! I think this pickiness is what makes her similar to SIG. He could be picky, too! I think both of them are criminally underrated. Inasmuch as I like Park Bogum (I think he's a pretty good actor as well, very likable, too), I find it a bit sad that he has far surpassed SIG in terms of star power when just in 2015 he (PBG) was only playing second lead of sorts to SIG's character in I Remember You. I mean PBG is truly charismatic and talented, too, but I wish the same appreciation be bestowed on our dear SIG as well. It doesn't help that he also got embroiled in that military enlistment issue :( I could name less talented actors who are far more popular than SIG, I know popularity is not the end all or be all of it all, I just hope both JSM and SIG start being recognized more for their talents.

@teachermok exactly its so sad that he got embroiled in his military exemption when he was about to hit his peak. He never Play The same kind of character and Thats why this Side of him in TTHLME left me in awe, i Didnt think he Would be this good. Somin seems To be picky yes She doesn't seem To Play a same character twice, and sooo sooo underated.

moo chae won, jung ryeowon are My favourite kdrama actresses and She is Now in My list To watch actresses, i can never Fathom how such great actresses Dont have The same star Power like The lackluster ones but Then again Thats just My POV. 

37 minutes ago, teachermok said:

Anyway, off to watch FMVs and BTS videos of our beloved MooKang

Yeah I've been doing this everyday.. How To move on?:blush:

PS:

i Dont Know how To edit this post To put IT in My previous post so that i Dont post consecutively someone please Teach me how:sweatingbullets:

Edited by namidajanai
I'm trying To put this post in My previous post but i cant seem to do it
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, hoyund said:

Same here, it's still less than a week since MY & JK's "deaths" so I'm not ready to move on yet and see them with new co-stars, ha.

Having seen most of JSM's work, I'd most definitely say she had the best chemistry with SIG, with runner-up being with Lee Joon in Father is Strange. 

Your question prompted me to realize that looking back at JSM's filmography, she hasn't had many top billings as the main actress in alot of dramas and I would say it probably wasn't until the start of this year, after the hit of Father is Strange, that they started casting her as the main lead. I always found this strange because she did rather well way back in "Playful Kiss", but never followed that up with another hit especially since she was pegged as the next Yoon Eun-hye. I find that instead of picking mainstream, typical roles in rom-coms which would've probably led her to quicker fame, she seems rather picky in choosing her roles, which is great for her, but not so much for her fans. Lol. It's like @teachermok said, I find it a bit baffling over PSY's meteoric rise when I've never been able to warm up to her acting or characters, but I think her popularity skyrocketed towards being cast in those mainstream fluff dramas like "Heirs." So in my opinion, it's a huge shame that JSM is so underrated, but again, it goes towards my tradition of always rooting for both underrated dramas and underrated actors, haha. I guess I can't help but root for the underdogs!

I am tottaly agree that JSM has been so underrated, i was always surprised how many idols (Actress) of her agency were casted to lead Dramas and even those girls didn't know how to act. 

I have watched all her Jobs, The firts time i saw her was in Bad Guy. Then,  Playfull Kiss, .........In 2016 she only was casted to do a  special Drama,  that is only one episode  ( Red Teacher) and she did an amazing job with her character  and after that she was in the webtoon; THe Sound Of Your Heart and she was so good there too. I remember that when she was in Big Man , people used to say that JSM should has been the actress lead,  instead the other actress. I really think she was better than the lead actress at that time and i loved her character. 

About that she was not getting great oportunities i think it was because her Agency . After a year (2016) almost without work she was casted to do FIS in 2017 a Family weekend Drama and while doing FIS  her contract with M & C intertiment  ends and she didn't want to renovate and  went to another Agency that is the same agency that represents SIG that is a small agency and  I think they are treating her very well.

I readed in somewhere she had some scrips to decided and she choosed  TSHLYE, and i think she made the best desition, she is a very polifacetica actress and deserves better. 

PD: About PSH i feel the same. 

• Like 6

I know that everybody is entitled to his/ her opinion, I'm just sad that some of the negative reactions/ comments I've read about TSHLYE are really harsh :( The show is polarizing, sure, still... I wish people wouldn't be that nasty. I probably should just stick to this thread when it comes to all things MooKang from now on.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

20 hours ago, jujuls said:

As much as I want them to choose quickly their next project, I’m not ready to see them with other leads and build a brand new chemistry even though I don’t think it can top easily the one we witnessed in TSHLYE. 

This was my first drama with SIG, I’ve only seen a few clips of his previous works but to me he had the best chemistry with JSM. What do you think?

Ditto!!!! I am not ready for either of them to be paired up with someone else :joy: It's going to be very hard for their future pairings to be as epic as MooKang. For me its very rare to come across Kdramas couples where you really believe and feel they are destiny couples who are soulmates and share a love and connection so strong and powerful they will always find their way back to each other even after death. 

I have watched all of JSM's shows and while I have been fan of all of her pairing  I really  thought it would be hard to top the "woori" couple. As for SIG, it only took him being paired with JSM to watch TSHLYE. Otherwise I have not seen his other dramas. Why? Even though I am a fan of his I did not think there could be a character I would love of his that would exceed my love for Reply 1997 Yoon Yoon-Je and Yoon-Je/Shi-won. Now that Mookang are my all time favorite Kdrama couple I am going to need more than a few months to be ready to hear about them in 

• Like 7

Hey guys thanks for posting on dramabeans. Just to let you know Episodes 16 is up so it would really need to show our love and support for the ending. I don't think people realize how fortunate we are to have gotten the ending we did that was fitting in the context of the story while  leaving us with the impression they did reunited after death. If they wanted traumatic they really need to watch the Jdrama ending. Even to this day that ending haunts me.

Also if you have time leave some feedback on koala's playground http://koalasplayground.com/2018/11/24/the-cast-of-dark-melo-hundred-million-stars-falling-from-the-sky-celebrate-drama-wrap-and-release-from-intensity/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, kdramaaddict212 said:

Hey guys thanks for posting on dramabeans. Just to let you know Episodes 16 is up so it would really need to show our love and support for the ending. I don't think people realize how fortunate we are to have gotten the ending we did that was fitting in the context of the story while  leaving us with the impression they did reunited after death. If they wanted traumatic they really need to watch the Jdrama ending. Even to this day that ending haunts me.

I stopped reading the comments of DB 'coz there were some which were a bit frustrating. I just left one showing my love and support for the show. Off to Koala's Playground now.  Thanks for sharing, @kdramaaddict212!

P.S.

Even some of the comments on Koala's Playground are negative! :bawling: I have to fight the urge to leave them all a retort LOL just kidding

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, kdramaaddict212 said:

@teachermok @kdramaaddict212 I never really enjoyed Koala’s posts at all. Her opinions are mostly negative and I can’t stand reading most of them. They’ve gotten worse through time imho. I only enjoyed Koala’s Playground during Playful Kiss days and sadly, her posts about the drama is the reason why I’ve been a JSM stan since 2010. Sorry for ranting!

Apparently, DB’s Reply 1997 recap is also the reason why SIG has always been one of my favorites. Wish I could turn back time :( comments and reviews were less toxic back then

you can read ondramanice comments if you want to have a breath of fresh air :) you might also wanna check out Hello Kpop’s drama review of TSHLYE if you want to see more positive comments regarding the drama

https://www.hellokpop.com/review/k-drama-review-the-smile-has-left-your-eyes/

It has been a while since I last posted. I still haven’t watched ep 16 coz I’ve been out of the country for almost a week! I need lots of catching up and backreading to do urghhh I don’t know where to start. :( 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, alivingparadox24 said:

I never really enjoyed Koala’s posts at all. Her opinions are mostly negative and I can’t stand reading most of them. They’ve gotten worse through time imho. I only enjoyed Koala’s Playground during Playful Kiss days and sadly, her posts about the drama is the reason why I’ve been a JSM stan since 2010. Sorry for ranting! 

Thanks for the heads up @alivingparadox24! Now I won't waste time reading her posts anymore. It has been a long time since I last visited her site. I'll just leave a message of support for TSHLYE. Will visit hellokpop and ondramanice in a few.

Welcome back!

Update!

I also left a comment on hellokpop! I love how glowing the writer's review is! <3

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, alivingparadox24 said:

@teachermok @kdramaaddict212 I never really enjoyed Koala’s posts at all. Her opinions are mostly negative and I can’t stand reading most of them. They’ve gotten worse through time imho. I only enjoyed Koala’s Playground during Playful Kiss days and sadly, her posts about the drama is the reason why I’ve been a JSM stan since 2010. Sorry for ranting!

Apparently, DB’s Reply 1997 recap is also the reason why SIG has always been one of my favorites.

you can read ondramanice comments if you want have a breath of fresh air :) you might also wanna check out Hello Kpop’s drama review of TSHLYE if you want to see more positive comments regarding the drama

https://www.hellokpop.com/review/k-drama-review-the-smile-has-left-your-eyes/

It has been a while since I last posted. I still haven’t watched ep 16 coz I’ve been out of the country for almost a week! I need lots of catching up and backreading to do urghhh I don’t know where to start. :( 

I agree. The negativity can be overwhelming but just try not to read it. Just post and give your honest feedback and analysis about the ending :). No point arguing with people who have tunnel vision and lack insight. Even though its ended I  just want people to give this show a chance. It deserves a lot more love and recognition. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I don't remember where I read this comment but basically a user said that SIG should have chosen a lighter drama for a comeback and also because of the military exemption controversy.

Well, I want to thank him for choosing this drama cause: a) he has proved to be a versatile actor and b)acting means that there comes a point in time where an actor wants to show the full perspective of being an actor and be brave enough to take risks and go out of the comfort zone of romcoms.

The same goes for JSM. I hope to see her in more movies by acclaimed korean directors. She deserves that.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, jujuls said:

I don't remember where I read this comment but basically a user said that SIG should have chosen a lighter drama for a comeback and also because of the military exemption controversy.

Well, I want to thank him for choosing this drama cause: a) he has proved to be a versatile actor and b)acting means that there comes a point in time where an actor wants to show the full perspective of being an actor and be brave enough to take risks and go out of the comfort zone of romcoms.

The same goes for JSM. I hope to see her in more movies by acclaimed korean directors. She deserves that.

It's very brave of him to choose this drama after the controversy he found himself embroiled in. I'm glad to know that there are still decent actors out there who choose materials not based solely on what could make them popular, but most especially based on what could make them better in their craft. Props to JSM and SIG for choosing a less safer route! I've loved them all the more because they choose to be artists more than just mere celebrities. :wub:

I've also read comments that criticize SIG's acting as "meh" or "bland". All right, all right, I know we are all entitled to our own opinions, but to describe SIG's acting as such- there must be something seriously wrong with your judgment. There are also quite a number of comments against JSM's acting. I'm now about to lose my temper :angry: I don't get why there are some people hating on them both :wacko:

Btw, our lovely JK will be a presenter in this year's MAMA!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@hoyund For jsm another reason is after playful kiss she went back to studying so that stopped her from building up her fame and so her hype somewhat died down that when she did come back she got 2nd lead roles which is a shame beause she would have been in the top stars ranking with the likes of psh and shk etc by now! But nevermind she's getting there now!

Hopefully both these 2 get the weds Thurs 10pm time slot for their next drama on one of the big channels, and it does well in terms of ratings so everyone can see the talent of jsm and sig

• Like 7

On a much lighter and sadder note I was watching bpwinces! "Yellow Lights", and then I decided to look into the song itself and ouch. That is such a MooKang song, some of the lyrics: 

Don't cut the lights
Just take it slow
We're moving fast
We've lost control
But, I feel safe with you

You're my sunshine
You're my rain
You're all I've lost
Yet all I've gained
If I must tell the truth
Hello darkness, goodbye light
I'll kiss you close and hold you tight
If that's alright with you
I'm coming back, if that's alright with you
So come on back, if that's alright with you

What should I do in the darkness of you?
When you light up my moon from July until June
What would you do if I died before you?
Would you sing about me like I sing about you?

'll go cry myself to their MVs again. :tears:

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Mymindisblank said:

@hoyund For jsm another reason is after playful kiss she went back to studying so that stopped her from building up her fame and so her hype somewhat died down that when she did come back she got 2nd lead roles which is a shame beause she would have been in the top stars ranking with the likes of psh and shk etc by now! But nevermind she's getting there now!

Hopefully both these 2 get the weds Thurs 10pm time slot for their next drama on one of the big channels, and it does well in terms of ratings so everyone can see the talent of jsm and sig

I didn't realize she took time off. I could never understand why she wasn't getting roles after Playful Kiss. Even though it didn't do well domestically I know internationally it was a big hit and she did receive praise for her role as Oh Ha Ni. I'm hoping they stick to cable. IMO the content is better and also I think there is less pressure with regards to ratings. Anything above a 2.0 is considered a success whereas with the big networks anything above 10.0 is a success. However its rare for shows to surpass 10.0. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, teachermok said:

I'm glad to know that there are still decent actors out there who choose materials not based solely on what could make them popular, but most especially based on what could make them better in their craft. Props to JSM and SIG for choosing a less safer route! I've loved them all the more because they choose to be artists more than just mere celebrities. :wub:

I've also read comments that criticize SIG's acting as "meh" or "bland". All right, all right, I know we are all entitled to our own opinions, but to describe SIG's acting as such- there must be something seriously wrong with your judgment. There are also quite a number of comments against JSM's acting. I'm now about to lose my temper :angry: I don't get why there are some people hating on them both :wacko:

Btw, our lovely JK will be a presenter in this year's MAMA!

As always, @teachermok you word it very well, JSM & SIG choose to hone their crafts and be true artists rather than just celebrities! From what I've seen and read in interviews, SIG's main reason for choosing this drama was because he loved the PD, who he's worked w/ before in High School King of Saavy, and it just so happens that he was able to act the heck out of this role and knock it out of the ballpark so his trust in the PD plus his natural talents carried him far!

I also like how JSM has a very demure and innocent image , but she doesn't hesitate to take on roles that require more risque scenes. And yay for her presenting at Mama! Crossing my fingers SIG will show up at the awards too...with JinKang the kitty, haha.

@Mymindisblank Oh, I had no idea either that JSM had decided to further her studies after Playful Kiss. That explains her absence. Again, great for her, but not as great for her fans who miss watching her onscreen! But education is important and I'm glad she values that.

Someone was gracious enough to provide the Vlive link earlier with English translations, and I'm going to repost it here since it's worth a watch: https://www.vlive.tv/video/90675

Some things I learned after watching it:

-I wish PSW was my best buddy or even dad! Lol. He seems super funny and cool and would be a great person to hangout with and grab a pint with.

-PSW and JSM have such great chemistry together in real life (almost even more than JSM + SIG!) so no wonder their tight relationship transferred well onto the small screen.

-SIG mentioned that he himself was also a homebody (which surprised me) and that he likes to play games at home just like JSM. JSM mentioned that SIG gifted her a Spiderman (?) video game, and PSW was surprised to hear she liked playing games so much.

-If you watch the part where they're playing the activity of drawing on a piece of paper what their character's brains are thinking about in the first episode, it's interesting to see what their results reflect about them as a person. From seeing what JSM drew, I can tell she's pretty analytical and definitely took care to really analyze and understand her character, Jin-Kang. SIG's results, in my opinion, shows he likes to think outside of the box and takes great lengths to explain things...which is the exact opposite of PSW ;)

-They had already filmed up to ep 8 when they did the Vlive, wowza.

The Vlive was more fun that I expected so if y'all have the time, watching it will help with the withdrawal symptoms :D

P.S. I was incorrect and believe that TSHLYE will start broadcasting in Japan tomorrow (11/27)!

• Like 7

22 hours ago, teachermok said:

Hi, @Table122000! All right I'll check Bride of he Century out! Thanks for the recommendation! :)

On 11/25/2018 at 12:26 PM, Table122000 said:

Question: What about JSM best chemistry with her acting partners? I think SIG is the best for me, although she seems to have nice chemistry with all her co-stars as well. What do others think? 

JSM has best chemistry with SIG, hands down! That's why it is quite disappointing for me that I can't ship them in real life :bawling: Second place goes to Lee Minki in Because this is my First Life! :wub: JSM was super, super adorable in the series, and LMK's deadpan, weirdo acting had me in stitches :lol:

On 11/25/2018 at 12:26 PM, Table122000 said:

As for Dramabeans- It was one of the first fansites I found when I started watching KDramas, and I still think it's one of the best sites for KDramas.  I'm mainly at DB for the recaps and the news sections, not the comments. Usually, I find most of the comments interesting and insightful, but, yeah, lately I've noticed there are some that can be a little dismissive in tone. I think that there are some new people posting at DB and they are very vocal, with a lot of posts, and these handful because they have lots of posts can sometimes change tone of discussion. But this can happen in any forum.  I think I told everyone before that I was at a different forum (not DB) where the discussion for this drama was very negative, and a lot of the posts implied that if you like the drama then you were stupid. To be honest, I think it can be difficult to avoid the negativity for the Asian drama forums in general. Many of the fans are very passionate and so the discussion often gets heated, can come off as mean and rude. I've been to many other forums where discussion can get heated and suddenly turn into personal attacks, so called "fan wars".  I think a lot of the tone for a forum depends on the people posting there and also the moderator. Some moderators are more proactive than others in keeping things civil on a board or forum. This drama has been particularly polarizing for viewers, so I think we see a lot more negative than usual. I'm just glad that this forum has been a positive place for drama discussion. 

I still think DB is one of the best sites out there, too, that's why I still keep visiting it for the (usual) thought-provoking comments. It's just that lately, some members could come off as rude :( Anyway, what is this forum wherein most of the comments about TSHLYE are negative? :angry:  @Table122000

Hey @teachermok

Bride of the Century is pure fluff, and I hope you enjoy it! I'll be interested to hear your opinion on that drama.  I was at website The Problematic of the Unproblematic. They have a weekly recap feature they call Rants and Weekly Raves (RAWR) where they talk about the dramas they are watching. I like to read the recap each week because the posts are often funny. The comments from the readers about TSHLYE were very negative, even though the moderators were enjoying the drama.  Yeah, it seems to be a trend now in many of the sites/forums where people are just not thinking or editing their own posts, so they come off as rude or mean. Not sure why this seems to be happening more frequently now.  Some people think that the fans posting now are a lot younger than in the past, and that age has something to do with it. I don't know if I agree. But it has been a part of the KDrama fan life probably since the beginning.

@teachermok quote "I know that everybody is entitled to his/ her opinion, I'm just sad that some of the negative reactions/ comments I've read about TSHLYE are really harsh  The show is polarizing, sure, still... I wish people wouldn't be that nasty. I probably should just stick to this thread when it comes to all things MooKang from now on."

Agree with you. It is very sad that the comments are so harsh.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, hoyund said:

SIG mentioned that he himself was also a homebody (which surprised me) and that he likes to play games at home just like JSM. JSM mentioned that SIG gifted her a Spiderman (?) video game, and PSW was surprised to hear she liked playing games so much.

-If you watch the part where they're playing the activity of drawing on a piece of paper what their character's brains are thinking about in the first episode, it's interesting to see what their results reflect about them as a person. From seeing what JSM drew, I can tell she's pretty analytical and definitely took care to really analyze and understand her character, Jin-Kang. SIG's results, in my opinion, shows he likes to think outside of the box and takes great lengths to explain things...which is the exact opposite of PSW ;)

Seo In Guk really doesn't care about protecting his image, so when he was on I Live Alone, they just filmed him lounging around his messy house in front of the TV all day lol It's sweet that he gave Jung So Min a game- he mentioned at the press conference too that they are very similar.

A lot of SIG's costars have called him intelligent and I think he has a very detailed approach to taking on new characters. For HSKOS he purposely spoke in a higher pitch for instance to seem younger. One fan does youtube compilations of his different character's smiles and they're all very distinct and different from each other. The Moo Young smile video is out now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VVnUXKC4Yc 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, hoyund said:

As always, @teachermok you word it very well, JSM & SIG choose to hone their crafts and be true artists rather than just celebrities! From what I've seen and read in interviews, SIG's main reason for choosing this drama was because he loved the PD, who he's worked w/ before in High School King of Saavy, and it just so happens that he was able to act the heck out of this role and knock it out of the ballpark so his trust in the PD plus his natural talents carried him far!

I also like how JSM has a very demure and innocent image , but she doesn't hesitate to take on roles that require more risque scenes. And yay for her presenting at Mama! Crossing my fingers SIG will show up at the awards too...with JinKang the kitty, haha.

Thanks so much, @hoyund! I've always enjoyed reading your thoughts and analyses as well :wub: That's one of the first things that came to mind, too- I hope SIG drops by the awards ceremony, too! Hehe

Inasmuch as I admire them both for their intrepid choices when it comes to their projects, I still can't help but feel a little sad for both SIG and JSM coz they are just SO criminally underrated and underappreciated. I hope they come across a breakthrough project soon so they'd be able to receive all the appreciation and even accolades that they deserve.

Thanks again for the recommendation, @Table122000! Will watch Bride of the Century in coming days. I'm currently watching Red Moon, Blue Sun (plot is intriguing so far; well acted, too! all hail kim sun-ah!) and I might give Clean with Passion for Now a try later! Will let you know what my thoughts are on BOTC once I finish watching it! This is the first week without TSHLYE :bawling: Btw, I saw you comment on DB! Well said as usual! :)

Oh one last thing, would you guys know where I could watch the TSHLYE's press conference with subs? Unfortunately, the one uploaded on VLIVE has no subs yet: https://www.vlive.tv/video/90106

• Like 4