Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

Again, another bittersweet ending. I was late for the livestream and work got a hold on me. I was able to watch the scene wherein JK had found MY in the forest house. I was not really shocked when they both died as we had been theorising that this will happen in the end but still I got a little bit of hope that maybe just maybe they will survive the shot. But of course they did not, instead we saw a flashback of them lying beside each other on MY's pyeong sang (low seat platform) and then it ended just like that. 

How can I not cry after that? I read the live recaps from dramamilk and the more I am hurting. The ending was so sad but I don't think we can have a better ending than that. 

I was thinking if they both had lived they will not have a peaceful life anyways or they will get killed eventually. I am pretty sure the elder Jangs will not stop at all cost until the person responsible for their children's death dies. 

It was a tragic ending yet fitting. At least they died, beside each other after uttering their last words "I love you".

As what you guys are hoping, I hope too that Seo In Guk and Jung So Min get paired up in a romcom someday. Their chemistry is just perfect.

Kudos to the writer/s, director, cast and to everyone for this beautiful drama. 

Tomorrow when the subs come out, we will cry more tears again. Lol

• Like 10

@hoyund and I found myself nodding like a bobblehead while reading your post. Lol

@teachermok  Nope! You don't post and quote recaps from Dramamilk here. I am too sensitive right now. I can't cry everytime I read those words again. What does it make me? Hahahahah

I demand a romcom from SIG and JSM just so I can have my happy ending. :P

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, teachermok said:

Which actress, @MidnightRain

Sorry to cut off your post, but yes, I was referring to Seung Ah, lol. But I should say that I don't find her to be an atrocious actress, just that her shortcomings were really magnetized by the fact that everyone (except the actress playing her mother, who was overacting a bit) sharing her screen were basically hitting it out of the ball park, and she was just... mediocre. People who had a lot less screen time than her (like Secretary Choi, Jang Se-Ran, Jang Woo-Sang etc.) even managed to shine and become memorable to me in the limited scenes that they had, while I felt she wasted the opportunity with the character. 

~

I knew this was coming, but I still felt like being punched in the gut when they both perished. But I take comfort in the fact that they both cleared up the misunderstandings and that neither one had to endure the cruelty of being left behind (in a way). Having said that, poor Jin-Gook though, my heart really breaks for him because he'll have to live with all this for the rest of his life. :(

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Ahhh we all knew this would happen!! It's weird though I was anticipating their deaths throughout the episode but when it actually came I wasn't as upset as I thought I'd be nor did I cry! I guess cause they died in each others arms so it was a semi nice ending!

I kinda hoped that they'd show them hand in hand laughing and smiling walking through the forest towards the sun or something, like an afterlife thing but that didn't happen! Nevermind I'll just imagine that's what would happen next lol! 

Anyways it's been a lovely 2 months or so with everyone here! Hopefully get to see some of you writing in another drama forum if we watch the same dramas!

So who's gunna start the petition for jsm and sig in a romcom?

• Like 8

In an attempt to start the withdrawal and let this drama go, just wanted to share a few more last thoughts.

Two of my favorite MooKang scenes were oddly when they were laying down:

1) When MY snuggles up to JK outside of his house on his pyeong-sang and they only really say two words to one another: "You came." The scene lasted a mere 10 seconds but I still remember it to this moment and I was grinning when they used it as the very last scene of the drama. Alot of kudos goes to both actors for doing so much with so little. I wouldn't be surprised if the scene was just a last minute throwaway filler but SIG & JSM turned it into such a cute and memorable moment. Bravo.

2) In the last episode when MY is looking up at the stars and imagines JK there with him. This is the last time where MY has an honest, and even relaxed, conversation with JK. I'm glad that even though they spend most of the episode part due to plot reasons, the writer decided to add in this one scene to show us what could've been of the MooKang couple if they didn't meet their tragic ending. MY frankly doesn't talk that much and when he does, half the time he's joking or flippant so I felt like for him to finally openly speak to JK was so touching. And again, he snuggles up to JK like he did on the pyeong sang and my heart melted :tears:

MEN29TZ.jpg

And if you notice, as JK falls to the ground after being shot, not once does MooYoung's gaze leave Jin Kang's eyes. Even when he himself is shot and tumbles to the ground, his eyes remain steady on hers. I wondered why they chose to show MY dying first when JK was shot before him, but alas, I believe it's because when he sees JK dying in front of him, he completely lost his will to live from that moment on...

God knows how many romantic death scenes I've watched in dramas over the years, but this one really packed the punch. Everything from the way it played out, the caressing, the music, the simplicity of it as we watch them take their last breaths together... everything just pushed this scene to another level and made it unforgettable in my eyes.

• Like 9
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 1

I just finished the final episode. I don’t know what to say. Silly me actually thought there were safe and there could be a happy ending for them when JK started approaching him and they began to hug. I didn’t see it (stone faced secretary) coming. 

I think we’re all happy they didn’t end up as siblings, so shipping them doesn’t feel icky. But I think I’m not the only one who feel like the ending lacked impact. J-version was plain insane, I can’t imagine how the audience must’ve felt back then. Our ending was sad but somehow reassuring because they cleared all the misunderstandings before their partings.

Thank you 100MSFTS team for creating such a beautiful drama! I already miss our couple... Let’s hope SIG and JSM will be paired up again someday...

• Like 12

1 thing I didn't understand about the last episode was who called JG was it the Secretary of seran? If so what was the point?? The bro was going to that place anyway since he saw it on jinkang's computer and she had written it down in her notebook.. that just seemed abit random lol

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mymindisblank said:

1 thing I didn't understand about the last episode was who called JG was it the Secretary of seran? If so what was the point?? The bro was going to that place anyway since he saw it on jinkang's computer and she had written it down in her notebook.. that just seemed abit random lol

I have to see it again with subs.

heartbreak part 2

I miss them

• Sad 2

[Smile Has Left Your Eyes] FINALE Ep 16 spoilers, Seo In Guk ♥ Jung So Min

starsfinale.png

Article: Naver 'The Smile Has Left Your Eyes' Seo In Guk  Jung So Min, together from the start till the end 

1. [+1636,-30]
It's much more understandable that he avoided everyone near him. It was an ending that did the original version justice. When Moo Young said he wants to live, my heart hurt so much that I cried together. ㅠㅠ There is no acting hole in here, this is really the best drama. 

2. [+1446,-33]
The two have really good acting skills. The immersion is insane. 

3. [+871,-32]
Seriously, a drama without any acting holes.. I was happy thanks to The Smile Has Left Your Eyes these days. 

4. [+765,-13]
Really, it's been a while I've watched a drama that gave me a lingering image at the ending.. The two are too pitifulㅠㅠ.. A drama which I can see the actors again, their acting skills were the best. 

5. [+551,-25]
Acting saved it well and the story is really good too. 

6. [+354,-13]
Seo In Guk should act all his life.. I didn't know he could act so deeply. This drama totally left me a deep impression. I can't think of anyone else but Seo In Guk for the male lead role. Even his eyes are different. 

7. [+313,-7]
I like our country's version more than the original version.. In the original version, the female lead misunderstood and killed the male lead. When she finds out about the truth, she kills herself. It was an ending full of frustrations. But still, the both of them knew the truth and knew about their true feelings in this one, they ended it cleanly. I like the scriptwriter, the directing, and the acting. I think I'll remember it for a long time. 

8. [+206,-2]
They are kids who wanted to live.... They were determined to live... They disappeared... in vain...

9. [+202,-4]
I cried the whole time. It was so sad when he was lying in front of the cottage house and talking to Jin Kang in his imaginations. Moo Young curled up was so pitiful too. I think this is the best for this. I'll remember it for a long time. 

10. [+168,-6]
If not for Seo In Guk's and Jung So Min's good acting skills, it would be hard to imagine The Smile Has Left Your Eyes. A drama that I'll remember for a long time.. 

smile.png

Article: Naver 'Smile Has Left Your Eyes' Park Sung Woong tells Seo In Guk the truth, "Jung So Min is not your sister"  

1. [+514,-10]
As expected, they went a different path from the original version.. I'm happy that they aren't siblings. 

2. [+276,-2]
It was so sad that I burst into tears. ㅠㅠ I'm thankful that Seo In Guk and Jung So Min made such a great drama for us. You've worked hard! I'll keep supporting you two in the future too. 

3. [+166,-2]
He's such a pitiful character. 

4. [+96,-0]
She shouldn't die even if she gets shot. ㅠㅠ

5. [+56,-0]
I cried so much because it was so sad. It was so sad when the both died.. They shouldn't kill them, and let them live happily. It's so sad. ㅠㅠ

6. [+51,-0]
Seo In Guk's acting is no joke though? 

7. [+49,-0]
A sad ending... I feel so bad for Moo Young and Jin Kang. ㅠㅠ

cr

• Like 10

i had barely three hours of sleep because of the finale and the one thing i choose to do before i go to work, which is a little over an hour from now, is watch it again subbed.

what am i doing torturing myself like this???  it's only 7am where i am :((((

DARN IT I'm crying at 7:12am and I'm going to work, I have so much to do coz I hardly finished any work this week coz I've been thinking too much about this drama!!!! I'm ruined!

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, jujuls said:

I have to see it again with subs.

heartbreak part 2

I miss them

Aha good luck!! I'm getting more emotional reading the comments than when I actually watched the last ep :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

What a way to spend a thanksgiving,

Spoiler

So they ended up being childhood friends, not siblings. If that was the case, why make him become a murderer and have them die in the end? It could have been a lot less tragic too if they were going to be less scandalous as well.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone ~

This is my first time posting in this thread even though I have read all of your comments...thank you...the breakdown of your thoughts/analysis throughout the drama made it even more special to watch. I just finished the last episode and just wanted to share a few of thoughts because I love this drama so much. Because I knew watched the J-version and knew of its ending, I am happy with the way the screenwriters ended the K-version. I say this because I am relieved that contrary to the J-version, MY and JK are not siblings and JK did not kill MY then herself. I was glad MY was able to find out that JK is not his sister and hopefully had one less thing to be tormented by. One thing that is unfortunate is that if MY had not been tricked by SR, both characters probably did not have to die in the end and could have lived on happily. But at least before they died, JK was able to regain her memory of MY from childhood and once again was able to remind MY of reasons of why he would want to live...it was for JK. JK made MY feel human again and changed his mind to die. Unfortunately, what JK said of "if you die, i'll die too" really became true. But if the storyline had to be a tragedy for the MY and JK, it was done beautifully. JK got to hear MY say i love you, MY knew that she loved him and in the end, they died together. MY had been alone for most of his life, but JK was with him at the end of it. His post script was the perfect ending where he said something to the effect that while he kept wandering throughout his life, one day he met JK and then he started breathing again. I hope that in the ending scene where it flashed back to their first encounter then to the bench meant that they were able to be reunited in death or that beauty of the story was that despite their misfortunate past, destiny/fate allowed them to be reunited once again as adults/lovers.

Though much of the focus of the drama is on MY and JK, I have to applaud JG. He truly loved JK like a sister. I sincerely enjoyed watching their sibling relationship though out the whole drama. As such, my heart ached so bad at his anguish upon finding JK and MY. I hope MY's letter to him gave him some comfort and relief from guilt at the end. Off topic, but I had enjoyed watching PSW in Life on Mars so I was happy to see him as JG in this drama.

Any way, needless to say, this drama has been one of the best ones that I have seen so far. I did not feel like I was watching a re-make or adaptation. The Korean writers/directors did a great job at staying true to the base of the story, but in my opinion, they gave a much more well-developed, beautiful and heartfelt version. I genuinely enjoyed watching SIG, JSM and PSW. I hope to see them in the drama awards and this may be wishful thinking, but I also hope to see them in another drama together. If that is not going to happen, I just look forward to see them in their own upcoming projects.

P.S. Thank you to whomever who brought SIG and JSM together to have their very own OST. It made their love story so much more special!!

P.S.S. SInce I already have withdrawals, I will be re-watching the drama at some point during this Thanksgiving break. Knowing the ending will give me a different perspective of the story from beginning to end. I know I will enjoy it even more.

Take care everyone!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Beautiful. First Melodrama I finished completely and I don't regret it. Watched the last 4 eps together and I love the way they wrapped up. There was no other way to end it and I'm glad they didn't follow the original ending. I'm still shocked to this day after many years and I regret touching that spoiler tag with the original ending lol:joy:

Their love story was pure and that dialogue at the end that MY wrote sums up their story; "He walked, bumped and met JK and he started to breath again." He took care of her in the past and now she did the same thing to him. I'm glad she didn't die first otherwise that would have been more tragic watching her lose her life before him. I haven't seen him look that peaceful.

That secretary was smart. He gave JK the information regarding their parents' murder and he followed her lead which led to this. couldn't he be not good at his job for once? Why are they smart when we don't need them to be:triumph:

Everyone did a fabulous job and I'm satisfied with this whole drama. I hope to see them soon with new projects. And also thanks to the lovely chingus who did recaps, summaries, videos and posts for this wonderful drama. Hope to see in other forums soon. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Lovely ending. Even though they died, they didn't kill themselves. It was so affirmative of life. I want to live is the final shoutout to the world. I loved that the drama ended on that note, and his whispered I love you. The world continues to hate, as symbolized by the secretary and the revengeful father, but it doesn't matter anymore. What happens after isn't even shown, and I love it. The show began with them, and it ends with them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aisling said:

I just finished the final episode. I don’t know what to say. Silly me actually thought there were safe and there could be a happy ending for them when JK started approaching him and they began to hug. I didn’t see it (stone faced secretary) coming. 

I think we’re all happy they didn’t end up as siblings, so shipping them doesn’t feel icky. But I think I’m not the only one who feel like the ending lacked impact. J-version was plain insane, I can’t imagine how the audience must’ve felt back then. Our ending was sad but somehow reassuring because they cleared all the misunderstandings before their partings.

Thank you 100MSFTS team for creating such a beautiful drama! I already miss our couple... Let’s hope SIG and JSM will be paired up again someday...

i am yet to watch last two episodes... but i think the whole point of taking away sibling angle is audience service.. in sense that society will not be able to digest it.. when people create ruckus over age difference between ACTORS, incest is a different game altogether

why would director want to risk that in a market that is not that broad minded or can accept creative angle

• Like 5

@hoyund i cried again reading your post, i have The same thoughts as you, i felt that moment when MY came Home to find Jk and snuggle next To her, it felt so sincere that MY finally find some peace With someone. 

The moment when he was looking at the stars broke my heart so much because he said to JK she would have to pay him back if she knew what he did for her then, and eventually she did pay him back by protecting him from the gunshot,

i didn't cry at the ending as much as the part where he finally realizes what a beautiful world this is by looking at the million stars imagining JK next to him and the image of him all curled up with her disappearing left me in a blubbering mess, so I'm kinda glad he get to die next to her as tragic as the ending is they would finally have found their peace, despite JG having to live With that pain forever.

my other favourite part is when MY told her To go back, and she was like where to? And he said to the time before you met me,? and she said even though we've been together from the start 

that made him realized that she has always been there and she will continue to be:bawling:

The way SiG and somin potrayed their characters i cant help but feel how desperately The characters want To find some peace through all this storm. 

I also love that They sang The ost together and that Song Will forever belong To Kim moo young and jin kang.. Maybe i Will Wait for sometime before i start another melo, this drama has been so heavy that i was driving and tearing up just thinking of The scenes.

All in all this has been an amazing journey and im glad To read some of your poignant and beautiful thoughts on The show. 

Thank you @Jillia for The thread really reminds me of when i watched innocent Man in The past, oh what a roller coaster of feelings this has beenB)

• Like 8