Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

Goodness. What an end.

The smile has left MY eyes !

I cheated and peeked at the forum before watching...dang it, upsetting finale. But I have to say the plot held my attention for most of the eps except for a few parts where I cursed it for taking advantage of my patience. To show my displeasure, I skipped a few eps.

I like the the leads a lot though.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

31 minutes ago, teachermok said:

LET'S ALL CRY TOGETHER IN 3...2...1.....

DsnSflOVAAA3HRd.jpg

PSW crying can make me laugh and sad at the same time ... ok maybe laugh more :w00t: I hope likewise this pic will be some comfort for you.:lol:

Im not upset with this ending. I held off this drama because of the original version and now (for once) this remake didnt follow the controversial issues of the original so I dont mind going back. ;)

I love these 3 leads and Im super glad I will feel more comfortable to watch it now. 

Thank you everyone whom contributed in this thread. I couldnt participate as much but I did enjoy reading your posts.  :blush:

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

I don't care about anything else,  but this Drama is a Masterpice

I can't imagine another actors more than JSM and SIG doing the maain characters of this Drama.  

Everything was perfect, well acted, Directed, the Dialogues, everything is percfect. I Knoe that we likes happy endings but let's be honest , this is the only way this Drama must  has ended. 

I am amazed, sad but amazed how the PD took the risk to do this version, I Admire SIG and JSM even more because no many actors are capable to acept this kind of character only because the mayority of them only want to interpretate  nice an popular characters. For me this actors were so Brave for taking part in this project. 

The best Drama of 2018 . I know that i won't watch again because of my heart.  I don't know what else to say, i am too much afected by this, but i love it. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Just some random thought. With this ending there’s enough material for a sequel with JG the main lead. 

@camichi you’re right, everything was perfect. JSM ans SIG were so brave. They deserve all the awards and success. 

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, jujuls said:

Just some random thought. With this ending there’s enough material for a sequel with JG the main lead. 

@camichi you’re right, everything was perfect. JSM ans SIG were so brave. They deserve all the awards and success. 

I like the sound of that sequel. I like to see JG go full on berserk mode on that horrid, horrid Jang family and stone-faced secretary to avenge JK and MY.

Yes! Yes! Props to the leads!!! They were magnificent from ep 1!

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

I was so, so glad they changed the ending to where all misunderstandings were cleared up and most importantly, one of them didn't shoot the other or they both didn't suddenly decide to commit suicide together. When JK was shot, I was completely taken aback and for a sec thought it was JG who might've tried to kill MY & I totally forgot about the secretary. So bravo Show, you kept it lit all the way to til the last minute.

I would say that this ending is almost equally as tragic as the J-version because at the exact moment JK & MY decide to start afresh and turn their lives around, Fate was like "Nope, just kidding. Karma's coming back to get y'all!" *sigh*

I absolutely LOVED how even as MY crumbled to the floor after getting shot, his first instinct was place his cheeks into JK's hands for her to cradle him one last time. Gah, that's when the waterworks started for me. 

xfFcab3.jpg

If there is ever such a thing as a beautiful death, the image above truly captures it.

Just yesterday I was complaining how JK's character was getting a bit flat, but holy smokes, I'm so glad she proved me wrong towards the end. Her choice to point the gun at herself to force MY to tell the truth and her calling him out on his lies *clap clap clap* She knew how to get through to MY and I loved how she pleaded for Moo-young to just live. 

I feel like the PD & the whole production team had a clear vision of how they wanted this story to unfold right from the beginning and they stuck to their guns (har har) and didn't deviate an inch despite what reviewers or audience members wanted, so big props to them. I can't say enough how glad I am that the writer & PD decided to change certain plot elements. I feel like during the pre-production stage, the PD must've deeply loved the original but wanted to make a better version of it just as how sometimes when after we finish reading our favorite books, we wish we could go back and re-write some parts to make it more logical and even change the ending a bit (hence the start of fan fictions!), and I give alot of credit to the PD of this show for keeping the essence of the original but making it, in my opinion, miles better than the Japanese version.

I'll gush more later, but I thought the last line of this drama was such an apt way to end things.

Credit to Tasnim Anwar on YouTube for translating the last line from MY's letter:

"One day while looking for something i left and walked walked and walked ,stumbled and stumbled, and stumbled upon Jin Kang and finally.... I started to breath again."

So beautiful.:heart:

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

From Dramamilk:

——-dramamilk.com——-
He walks across the room to turn on the light, but it does not work. Then he tries to turn on the faucet, but the water is off. he finds matches, though, and lights a couple candles that he puts around the room. Then he starts to clean.

he looks up and sees a hundred million stars in the sky. Then he remembers asking Kook why he remembers jin-kang and why is she in his drawing?

Kook – Because you liked Jinkang more than your own family.
MY – Did I?
Kook – Yes, Jin-kang’s name is Han jun-yoon, she has a name but she wasn’t even reported on the family registry until she was 4 because her parents where crazy in a cult. Her parents involved your mother. Your mother took all the money and left home without telling your father.
MY – That is why appa did that to mom?
Kook – Yes, and he killed Jin-kang’s parents. Jin-kang is the daughter of the person that was murdered by your father.

AWWWW from the very start MY has liked JK more than anyone else! This made me cry all over again what am I doing to myself ASDFGJHLDHSLHL

• Like 8
  • Sad 8
  • Thanks 2

acceptance. i think i was expecting this ending so i dont really feel roo heartbroken over it. but a part me still feels that this could have all been avoided if kook just told jk about her past, and she wouldve told my about it. my will believe jk over seran. 

wow. cant believe my theory was right about jk being the other couple's child. 

• Like 9

im spamming this thread im so sorry i just can't get over the finale.

let me just say (ill rant more tomorrow after i get some sleep), that i find comfort in the thought that MY and JK and their love are too precious for this cruel world. they deserve to be among the stars- shining, smiling down upon us mortals.

• Like 7
  • Sad 6

Omg..I was so right about the ending, though it wasn't just MY but the both of them...saaad :tears: But at least they had each other until the end. Kudos to the production team for being quite loyal to the original, I think this ending is tolerable for me than the original one.

Well, now I'm pretty sure they will be together in their next life. MooKang, till death do they become together.

~~~~~Their souls held on together and everything else around them faded out. With each other's arms.

Inseparable.

Unbreakable. ~~~~~

• Like 4
  • Sad 6

Anyone Else crying watching The final episode, oh My God IT was 6 years ago that a melodrama tug My heart this much i havent been in soompi for ages. I need to voice out My thoughts and i crawl out of My cave because this drama is AMAZING. 

The chemistry between The leads and how they struggle towards the end had been a heartwrenching experience for me. 

Knowing how the jversion ended, I still took The risk To watch this drama in real time, something that i have pledge To not do where a melodrama is concern, but this drama has Made me so anxious and curious that i cant help IT.

I must say The ending is apt With how The Story goes IT still has a sense of The remake and yet They manage To Made It their own. This is Story about moo young and how he find solace in a tragical World he live in With jin kang.

i want To wrap Them up and sent Them To live in an Island and live there forever, but alas karma's a bitc> and moo young was a jerk before he met jin kang. 

Their love trope felt so sincere and not rush, the moment when moo young was about To die he finally Said he love her, and She replied that She loved him too, that is like The saddest love confession and goodbye ive ever seen in a melodrama.

It has been a roller coaster ride With this drama, although it has a sad ending i still see it as a Happy ending where They got together again, and this time No one Will be able To tear Them apart, They can be reborn and love Each other again or They can proceed To The afterlife where They can live happily ever after.

seo in guk did an amazing job in potraying Kim moo young, and The way he's eyes were expressing all that emotions Translate to The screen and we can feel what jin kang is feeling By looking at him, like how She knows him so freaking well.

Definitely The best melodrama and couple for me this year, ratings be damned 

and The ost blend in so Well With Their character arcs, definitely entering into My top of ost for kdramas.

now I'm just going to rewatch the drama and stop at episode 14 and will stop right before he assumed Jin kang is his sister and just make that into the ending that I like.:heart:and Will rewatch reply97 for some fluff.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

Omg..I was so right about the ending, though it wasn't just MY but the both of them...saaad :tears: But at least they had each other until the end. Kudos to the production team for being quite loyal to the original, I think this ending is tolerable for me than the original one.

Well, now I'm pretty sure they will be together in their next life. MooKang, till death do they become together.

~~~~~Their souls held on together and everything else around them faded out. With each other's arms.

Inseparable.

Unbreakable. ~~~~~

Awww these are such sweet words you articulate, I love it, and like you I want to believe they have gone to a better place:tears:

2 hours ago, hoyund said:

I was so, so glad they changed the ending to where all misunderstandings were cleared up and most importantly, one of them didn't shoot the other or they both didn't suddenly decide to commit suicide together. When JK was shot, I was completely taken aback and for a sec thought it was JG who might've tried to kill MY & I totally forgot about the secretary. So bravo Show, you kept it lit all the way to til the last minute.

I would say that this ending is almost equally as tragic as the J-version because at the exact moment JK & MY decide to start afresh and turn their lives around, Fate was like "Nope, just kidding. Karma's coming back to get y'all!" *sigh*

I absolutely LOVED how even as MY crumbled to the floor after getting shot, his first instinct was place his cheeks into JK's hands for her to cradle him one last time. Gah, that's when the waterworks started for me. 

If there is ever such a thing as a beautiful death, the image above truly captures it.

Just yesterday I was complaining how JK's character was getting a bit flat, but holy smokes, I'm so glad she proved me wrong towards the end. Her choice to point the gun at herself to force MY to tell the truth and her calling him out on his lies *clap clap clap* She knew how to get through to MY and I loved how she pleaded for Moo-young to just live. 

I feel like the PD & the whole production team had a clear vision of how they wanted this story to unfold right from the beginning and they stuck to their guns (har har) and didn't deviate an inch despite what reviewers or audience members wanted, so big props to them. I can't say enough how glad I am that the writer & PD decided to change certain plot elements. I feel like during the pre-production stage, the PD must've deeply loved the original but wanted to make a better version of it just as how sometimes when after we finish reading our favorite books, we wish we could go back and re-write some parts to make it more logical and even change the ending a bit (hence the start of fan fictions!), and I give alot of credit to the PD of this show for keeping the essence of the original but making it, in my opinion, miles better than the Japanese version.

I'll gush more later, but I thought the last line of this drama was such an apt way to end things.

Credit to Tasnim Anwar on YouTube for translating the last line from MY's letter:

"One day while looking for something i left and walked walked and walked ,stumbled and stumbled, and stumbled upon Jin Kang and finally.... I started to breath again."

So beautiful.:heart:

Yes, its so beautiful and for him IT has always been Jin kang, and for him To end By her Side in death is so bittersweet and i totally agree With you about her holding his Cheek that has been one of her habits towards moo young To express her love for him and that is how a good melodrama is made:bawling:tragical but oh so sweet

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

On top of this, it hurts so bad to read “drama 2018” and not anymore “current drama”.

I was lucky to discover this drama from the beginning and to enjoy it every single week.

It was a totally different experience. I guess it was meant for me this way. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 7

The whole series was a tour de force. This one tops my list of all time favorite Asian dramas and I've been watching since 2003 when the dubbed original Meteor Garden was shown in my country. When people ask me what my favorite is, I find it difficult to answer coz I love so many dramas. But this one is different. I haven't watched a drama before that has touched my whole being- my mind, my heart, my soul. Now when somebody would ask me what my favorite drama is, it wouldn't be too difficult to answer anymore- coz in a heartbeat I would say that my favorite is TSHLYE.

Congratulations to the whole production and to all of us who stayed and witnessed the beautiful love story of two ordinary people who loved extraordinarily under extraordinary circumstances!

Credit where credit is due: the original was as breathtaking as it was groundbreaking. Without such creative source material, we wouldn't have had this gem of a remake. Props, too, to Eriko Kitagawa, for her amazing vision of a story; and Kimura Takuya who was amazing as Ryo as our dear Seo In Guk is stellar as Kim Moo-young.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

It was the only way...they love each other, even if MY had not kille that witch,  his father killed JK parents and i think he couldn't has been with her because of that fact. In some way for me was a happy end because they were not seblings. 

MY was destinated to live a sad life and he didn't want JK to live like that. They died loving to each other. 

OMG i can't believe i am saying this. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I had prepared myself for this. Had a feeling near the start of this drama that it wasn't going to be a happy ending. Well this ending was more bittersweet and it's probably best that they ended it this way because from how things went in this show, I didn't see how it was going to end happily. Believe that they have a better life together in the afterlife and in their next lives.

I don't regret watching TSHLYE after that ending. I enjoyed it even as it stressed me out:lol:. Thank you to the cast and crew because they did a fantastic job with this. One of the best dramas this year and can't wait for everyone's next project!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1