Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

@aisling  I think she'll shoot him to protect Jin kook. That way, the remake stays true to the original, but tempered the sibling love, so it won't be controversial. I was crying when the strings played, and he turned around and shot her twice. This is the best drama of 2018, and it's going up there with my lists of favourites. Would I watch it again? No. But it'll haunt me for the rest of my life.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

In the stills it seems like MY is telling her: go away, police is looking for me, I am a bad person so don’t get involved in this mess. Please go. I love you, please!

I am sorry about my imagination,  I don’t see JK hating him. 

Are you ready guys? Can we stop time, go back and watch everything fresh and hope for a happy ending? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

The last part where Moo-Young shot Se-Ran was wonderfully shot, it was so... I don't even know how to describe it. He just shot her so calmly and unflinchingly, most likely because he knew that she would not be stopped. His actions there really matches what he said to Se-Ran earlier: it's okay if I'm the only one that's ruined, but please leave them alone. Now that he's killed her, he's able to protect Jin-Kang from the ~truth and all harm, or so he believes. 

I felt really bad for Moo-Young, but at the same time, I can't help thinking that this is why you don't mess with other people's lives so carelessly. It's not so nice to be in the shoes of the side getting played now, is it? Like Moo-Young said in one of the earlier episodes, he could win the games because he cared for no one, and now he's lost because he cares for Jin-Kang. 

I think maybe Secretary Choi is going to spill the beans to Jin-Kang, even he seems quite taken aback at the sick games that Se-Ran was playing. Also, I'd like to praise the actor for emoting so nicely even though he has to keep a poker face. The casting has been great all across the board for the show, minus one actress. *cough* 

Man, Se-Ran is so twisted, and I know I made this comment before somewhere else, but I feel so horrible for Woo-Sang for having grown up with her. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jujuls said:

In the stills it seems like MY is telling her: go away, police is looking for me, I am a bad person so don’t get involved in this mess. Please go. I love you, please!

This is a good way of looking at the stills! <3

In my imagination, JG lets JK go with MY to hide in a remote place, far away where the authorities couldn't reach them and where they could make happy and healthy babies and spend the rest of their lives together. Such a fool's hope I know!

Btw, we still don't know what JK's real name is! Again, in my imagination, I envision a look back on a scene in ep2 when JK pretended to meet MY for the first time and introduced herself formally- but this time, she introduces herself to MY using her real name as MY realizes that they are not siblings after all. And let's go back to my previous imagined scene.

This show has completely driven me nuts. Now I'm imagining things!

Edited by teachermok
typos
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

I'm prepared for tragedy, and in a way, I'm okay with it as long as both Moo-Young and Jin-Kang finds some inner peace. Before Moo-Young shot Se-Ran to death, I was actually kinda hoping that they were siblings, because then it would feel justified that he killed her for good reason. Now that we find out that Se-Ran actually fabricated the truth, and they aren't actually siblings, I do feel in a way cheated out of a happy ending over a misunderstanding. If they were left to their own devices, even if Moo-Young and Jin-Kang didn't end up together, but at the very least, things would have never spun out of control to this degree. Things are so bleak right now that it actually hurts watching, what Moo-Young actually wanted was so simple, and even that was taken away from him in the cruelest manner. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, MidnightRain said:

Things are so bleak right now that it actually hurts watching, what Moo-Young actually wanted was so simple, and even that was taken away from him in the cruelest manner. 

This is what makes all this so tragic- MY didn't want grand things. Money, power, ambition do not entice him. He just wants to be with Jin-kang- his home, his solace. But even until the bitter end the universe conspired against him.

Also, if our two male leads JG and MY started treating JK more like the adult she already is and not as a child that needs to be protected; if only they trusted her more with the hard truths that were sadly kept from her, things would have been much more hopeful.

I dunno. I'm still holding on to whatever sliver of hope there is. But I'm also ready for whatever tragedy lies ahead.

P.S.

Thanks for the link @aisling!

2 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

The casting has been great all across the board for the show, minus one actress. *cough* 

Which actress, @MidnightRain

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

51 minutes ago, teachermok said:

Which actress, @MidnightRain

I guess it’s the actress playing Seung ah...many of you didn’t like her acting.

anyway

She is so beautiful!!! URI JK!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, jujuls said:

She is so beautiful!!! URI JK!!

I know right?!!!!! I’m a girl but I just couldn’t take my eyes off of her my gosh 

and SIG! He’s so ADORBS!!! I just wanna give him a big bear hug. His aura is very different from MY.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, jujuls said:

I guess it’s the actress playing Seung ah...many of you didn’t like her acting.

anyway

Ooooh is there a character called Seung-ah??? LOL sorry yeah her acting was forgettable, but she's still pretty much a newbie so I'll let her slide this time hehe

Jung So-min is a goddess! And I love how SIG's coat matches his Moo-young hair! I wonder where hot ahjusshi PSW is hehe

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

This is the end, folks. 20 more minutes to go.

I’ll be staying from soompi until the subs are out. I have several things I need to arrange today and I don’t need people to think I’m a crazy person if I suddenly start clutching my chest and sobs uncontrollably. 

Let’s give each other strength to survive this.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

2 minutes ago, jujuls said:

@teachermok there you go, your precious ajusshi!! <3

Waaahhh hahaha thanks, @jujuls! Seriously, PSW is still smokin' at 45! :D:wub:

Guys, before we plunge headfirst into what would most probably our biggest heartbreak this year, I wish to thank all of you for being my support group these past few anxiety-filled weeks! :wub: I have many KDrama-addict friends, but I was the only one brave enough to swim the turbulent waters of TSHLYE (bec of my love for SIG and JSM!) so I had no one to rant or rave with. But, when I finally had the courage to be active in this thread, I found all the support I needed and more! It's as if I have newfound friends as a bonus!

Thanks so much for making this experience all the more worthwhile and memorable! Sending all of you virtual hugs! All the best to us! Fighting! #MooKang5ever!!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1