Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

2 minutes ago, aisling said:

I just finished the episode with subs and oh my god. I was crying from the start till the end. This show.

I don’t know who I’m more mad more at.

SR for being a total b*** or MY for not checking the facts! He’s supposed to be smart for God’s sake!!!

So a Korean version really didn’t dare to go there. Fauxcest is it. I’m still numb from watching the episode but seeing the preview... As we guessed before - they’re going to jump off that damn cliff, right?

Did they go there? are they actually brother and sister. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wotad said:

No, they’re not biological siblings. The evil witch played him and made it up to control him. 

But that doesn’t make the outcome different from the J-version. If they both believe this till the end, they’re going to kill themselves. It just makes it less icky for the viewers when they’re not blood related. It really shows that Korean society is much more conservative. They didn’t dare to show the leads making love and everything while intending for the leads to be blood related.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Wotad said:

No.  Jang Se Ra lied and created a fake document that said MY and JK were blood related siblings, and lied to Moo Young that Jin Kang was his blood sister. So it's time honored "fauxcest" trope where the characters believe they are blood related and are committing incest, but in reality they are not.  Unfortunately, Moo Young believes Jang Se Ra. Hopefully, the truth will be revealed to the characters before tragedy happens.

Edit: Oops, I see @aisling already answered the question.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think that tomorrow the secretary is going to have more time on screen and he'll be the one to reveal everything to our poor JK. From his face reactions in this episodes i can pretty much say that he was sick of JSR too. What a crazy family.

JSM acting in this episode is A+++. love her  

• Like 9

There’s so much I want to talk about but I really want to give Jung So Min a standing ovation first! 

I hope she will choose melodramas more often because after seeing what she’s capable of in episode 15 I’m starting to think she’s wasted for regular rom-coms.  

The scene where she begged MY and wailed desperately was one of the most difficult things I’ve ever watched. I had to cover my ears at one point (just like MY) because it was so chilling - that was some raw acting there.

• Like 8

Jang Se Ra said to MY once that MY and her are same species and they can not be good because it's did suit them.

Later MY replies that he is not same as her (because he want to search for brother/family while JSR won't)

JSR is devil (she do lie  hurt ppl for fun). MY is not monster.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, aisling said:

There’s so much I want to talk about but I really want to give Jung So Min a standing ovation first!

Yes, it's high time that she gets recognized, too. We all know that SIG is doing a marvelous job, but JSM is doing just as fantastically, PSW, too. I couldn't imagine MY, JK, and JG in the hands of other actors. They owned their roles and that for me is the highlight of the series.

I think the incident with JSR playing MY is a long overdue comeuppance for MY the player who also played with lives as if they were mere pawns in a game. Inasmuch as I love and sympathize with his character, and inasmuch as it breaks my heart, karma really goes and comes around and sometimes with an intensity that is enough to shatter us as in the case of MY. 

Whatever happens- be it jail time or death for MY, I think he was already saved. The love he and JK has for each other is so beautiful and it doesn't happen to everyone. Some of us go through life not knowing such pure and passionate love- but they were able to experience it, fleeting though those moments were BUT still they knew and experienced love and that in itself is already a gift, and for MY that is already salvation.

Is it too much to ask for me that JG just lets them go (and like what the others suggested to live using their real names) and live happily ever after in the cabin in the woods on Mt. Geumah? Huhu.

• Like 7

Nooooooooo one of them or both of them will die and I don't want that!!!!! I thought I could handle it but I don't think I can!!!! Let them live in peace mooyoung has been through hell and back and now this?!

I'm glad seran is dead but now he's wanted by the police this definitely won't end well :bawling::bawling:

Also I get that he wanted to keep her away from him cause of the whole sibling thing but that should also have been the reason to keep her close and not be rude to her! If he's under the impression that she's his sister wouldn't you wanna stay together(obviously not together in that way..) with the only family you have left?? I mean I get why but it's still sad 

Ahh I can't handle the heartache just find out already before it's too late!! I so hope the misunderstanding is cleared and rather than him killing himself he goes jail!!! Atleast that way he will stay alive and JK can still go visit him in jail from time to time! :bawling:

MY better ask JG about the sibling thing as soon as the last episode starts so we can clear the misunderstanding!! Please writers don't make me cry buckets on the last episode.

• Like 4

Ratings 181121: #TheSmileHasLeftYourEyes : 2.8%

===

[Smile Has Left Your Eyes] Ep 15 spoilers, Jung So Min x Seo In Guk x Park Sung Woong

million.png

Article: Naver 'Smile Has Left Your Eyes' Jung So Min finds out about the ill-fate 25 years ago between Park Sung Woong and Seo In Guk 

1. [+396,-14]
This is amazing. Really. 

2. [+454,-26]
I hope our In Guk gets some psychological treatment after this ends.. He acted as Moo Young so well and lived his life.. ㅠㅠ

3. [+295-,7]
The acting is really good. 

4. [+281,-9]
Ha... If he talked to her brother about it, he wouldn't take the gun and turn this into a tragedy... ㅜ.ㅜ

5. [+268,-5]
Wow, this is so sad that I'm going crazy. Isn't this too much for Moo Young? ㅠㅠ

6. [+122,-1]
How are they going to make it different from the original? I'm curious but this is more shocking and fate's playing with them even more in this. No, just because of Jang Se Ran's joke, Moo Young went astray and Jin Kang... This feels really hopeless and sad. 

7. [+100,-3]
Jin Kang's crying voice made my heart break. And Moo Young's desperate eyes.. Their acting is amazing. 

8. [+77,-0]
Usually, dramas these days get boring when they get to the second half of it, but this drama has so much tension that I watched it while holding my breath. Really. 

stars.png

Article: Naver 'Smile Has Left Your Eyes' Seo In Guk breaks up with Jung So Min, "Let's end this here" 

1. [+470,-18]
Seo In Guk is really amazing at emotional acting. 

2. [+288,-11]
Isn't Seo In Guk a singer? Why is he so good at acting? 

3. [+155,-2]
He should at least do a DNA test. 

4. [+125,-2]
Thank you! They aren't siblings~~~

5. [+62,-0]
Because of Jang Se Ran, Moo Young was turned into a murderer, and he's about to die. This psychopath. ㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+47,-0]
Seo In Guk's acting is insane!!!! To think that it's ending soon... I want to keep seeing Seo In Guk's acting!!! My chest felt so stuffy that I'm going crazy. 

7. [+38,-0]
But it seems like he will not find out about the truth and kill himself... what do we do... ㅜㅜㅜㅠㅜㅜㅜ

cr

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Table122000 said:

No.  Jang Se Ra lied and created a fake document that said MY and JK were blood related siblings, and lied to Moo Young that Jin Kang was his blood sister. So it's time honored "fauxcest" trope where the characters believe they are blood related and are committing incest, but in reality they are not.  Unfortunately, Moo Young believes Jang Se Ra. Hopefully, the truth will be revealed to the characters before tragedy happens.

Edit: Oops, I see @aisling already answered the question.

2 hours ago, aisling said:

No, they’re not biological siblings. The evil witch played him and made it up to control him. 

But that doesn’t make the outcome different from the J-version. If they both believe this till the end, they’re going to kill themselves. It just makes it less icky for the viewers when they’re not blood related. It really shows that Korean society is much more conservative. They didn’t dare to show the leads making love and everything while intending for the leads to be blood related.

i sort of wish they went the original route because if they both die its more impact full in the JP version she kills him then finds out hes her brother then kills her self right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teachermok said:

I think the incident with JSR playing MY is a long overdue comeuppance for MY the player who also played with lives as if they were mere pawns in a game. Inasmuch as I love and sympathize with his character, and inasmuch as it breaks my heart, karma really goes and comes around and sometimes with an intensity that is enough to shatter us as in the case of MY. 

It's like you can read my thoughts! As much as I detest Se-ra's vile joke, the whole time I was just thinking "Damn, karma's a beach, isn't it?" MY finally knows what it feels like to get played and gets his comeuppance.  It's just too bad that it came at such a terrible time especially after he literally just found out he had a murderer as a father and that his lover's brother shot him. Talk about bad karma....

I do very much like how they didn't go with the incest plot but yet fit the fauxcest angle in there nicely to where it made sense and didn't feel jarring so props to the writer for adapting the story in a different manner. But then MY still has to go and kill Sera and all hope is vanished *sigh*  Oh Mooyoung, you just sealed your own fate.

The scene that really got me in this episode was when JK saw the news of Sera's murder and she's screaming and crying at JG in denial that MY would ever resort to that. Ugh. What a punch to the gut.

I felt so bad for JK and hated so much how everyone kept her in the dark. I just wanted to see her hightail it out of that house and find MY asap! Forget about the empty photo frame, find Moo-young! He needs you! Run!

I already hate episode 16 because I know MY & JK are going to spend more than half the episode apart :tears:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Now that we know they’re not the siblings, what do you think happened in the past? I still can’t figure out what happened?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, hoyund said:

MY finally knows what it feels like to get played and gets his comeuppance.

I sort of felt bad for him during that fatal conversation with SeRan when it dawned on him that he dug his own grave by seeking out that witch for help. He was too naive to think that he's the only one who'll be ruined by playing in SeRan's game. Maybe he was thinking that he could outplay her, only to realize much too late in the game that he can't. I still wish he hadn't pulled that trigger. I wish he just turned his back and walked away or just did something that scared the bejeezus out of SeRan. Oh well, what is done is done.

43 minutes ago, hoyund said:

I just wanted to see her hightail it out of that house and find MY asap! Forget about the empty photo frame, find Moo-young! He needs you! Run! 

YES! RUN TO MT. GEUMAH SHE MUST!!!! She said in ep 9 that she's a fast runner so she darn better make use of those legs tonight!

These were the scenes that tugged at my heartstrings:

1. JK wailing and knocking on MY's door while MY also dissolves into a crying heap inside

2. MY trying to put JK's key back in his keychain

3. JG piggybacking JK- it must also be so hard for him seeing his beloved sister ruined like that

4. MY looking at JK longingly from afar and smiling when she laughed with her co-workers (my God I forgot how many times I replayed this scene)

5. When JK saw the news and broke down in front of JG asking her brother to take her to MY. Man, that was JSM at her finest!

If death/s really is/are an inevitability, I just hope nobody kicks the bucket with an unsettled misunderstanding.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChewyChocolate said:

She'll kill him in the end. But will she take her own life as well?

In J-version she shot him because she thought he used her to get a revenge and that he never loved her.

But I just can’t see JK doing the same in this version because she kept getting confirmations that he truly loved her. But she might kill him if she believes MY is after JG’s head. The moment he pulled the trigger he sealed his tragic ending. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, aisling said:

But I just can’t see JK doing the same in this version

I agree. Plus, JK has always seen through MY's defenses. She truly understands him.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, teachermok said:

She said in ep 9 that she's a fast runner so she darn better make use of those legs tonight!

HAHA. Thanks so much for the good chuckle, I needed that! :p Run, JinKang, run! Or else we're going to take back those sport trophies you won in elementary!

To pass time and not dwell on the misery too much, I want to take a moment to commend the actors. Usually I judge an actor's performance by asking myself if I can imagine anyone else playing that same exact role, and if the answer is no, then they've passed my test and standards (& after watching close to two decades of Asian dramas, I have pretty high standards -.-), and so it is with this drama that I can resoundingly say that I can't imagine anyone else playing the roles of MY, JK, JG, and even the evil witch Se-rang!

The actors in this show really had the hard job of balancing on a fine line of being both serious, yet not overly exaggerating like they're in a makjang, and subtle, with delivering performances that are grounded in reality. I find that in most melodramas, the actors are merely posing to look cool or sad or ensuring to have that one perfect teardrop rolling down their faces *cough*"Time"*cough* so I'm glad there's so much more depth and realism in both SIG & JSM's performances. 

As much as I hate to discuss the topic of ratings, I'm going to bring it up here because it always feels like I'm rooting for underdog dramas...dramas that are excellent in quality but never quite reach the success of more fluff/popular shows. For example, "Life on Mars" and "My Ajushhi" which I thought were so, so well-written and well acted in but never received the high ratings it deserved and even lot awards to what I consider fun, but ultimately forgettable dramas like "Something in the Rain" or "Why Secretary Kim". Such a freakin' shame because the actors and the whole production staff of those former shows definitely deserve more recognition. Nowadays viewers have even less of an attention span so it saddens me to see that less and less people care for quality work and would rather just see pretty faces in fluff than real, quality character-driven pieces. *end rant*

Despite the rather low viewership of this show, I hope the actors themselves are proud of their work in this magnificent drama and will find that it's a breakthrough in their careers because that's certainly the way I see it. And with any luck, hopefully this show will receive a warmer reception if/when it airs internationally in other countries like Japan or China.

Ok, back to rewatching ep 15!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4