Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

THANK GOD I left the last 4 episodes to watch later on....

This is some intense stuff to process :tears:

All the best for those tuning in this week - prepare some Kleenex and migraine pills.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, aisling said:

Many of you said that JK isn’t the type that would kill herself... However what if she found out she was pregnant with MY’s baby and then discovered the truth about them being the siblings? 

Okay I said I won't theorize anymore, but this is just an observation- every time MY disappears as in the first time in ep 8 JK goes CRAZY WITH WORRY like she couldn't function and they're not even a couple then. When MY disappeared again when he was stabbed by JG, JK displayed signs of distress- she broke out in cold sweat and had to leave work early. So we can only imagine how hard this break-up and the subsequent revelations will be on her now that they have become each other's entire universe. Now that I think about it more, I think JK won't be able to handle all of these mentally and emotionally.

Finally, someone who voiced out something that has been lingering at the back of mind- what if JK IS pregnant? That would be a good twist, right? I didn't want to post about my hunch coz people might think it strange. Thanks for bringing it up @aisling!

Edited by teachermok
spacing
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

WHY THEY WON'T TURN OUT AS SIBLINGS: I have previously posted my "What If" post, about them probably being really siblings in the end. Thus, this is my  counter-argument based on my other self's analysis and based on the preview as to why they won't turn out as siblings. XD Aside from the previous ones I've posted, these are my 5 other reasons why:

1.) The structure of the original drama is a double tragedy that first, they are siblings and second, they both die at the end. Thus, basing on its structure, in this version, a first tragedy already happened and that is, MY's father killed his own mother and two other people (who could possibly be JK's parents). And the second tragedy, as much as I do not also wish for it to happen is that, both will die in the end. However, what I am saying is that, the requirement for a first tragedy in the J-version has already been met in this version. Plus, considering that based on those who have already watched the J-version, this version has already toned down the darkness of the original and has focused more on its romantic and bright side. Thus, I am in doubt if the Korean production would make it even more darker than the original. I mean in case they follow the siblings route, it will be a case of a triple tragedy: 1.) their father killing their own mother 2.) romantically loving each other only to find out they're siblings and 3.) both of the characters' destruction in the end. I do not know but I doubt that the K-version will go down that triple tragic route considering the way they've been portraying the story so far.

2.) The change in the members of MY's family. In the J-version, MY always thinks or imagines of his mother when in fact, he doesn't have one but he actually has a younger sibling/ sister. So, it could possibly be that they chose to change it in this version. So in here, MY is portrayed as someone who always thinks of a younger sibling but the truth is, he only has a mother. In short, the mother was eliminated in the J-version while the younger sister will be eliminated in this version.

3.) In the preview, upon remembering that he possibly has a "younger sister", MY went to confirm it with Se Ra.  I have been thinking the past days that for me, it will be crucial as to whom he goes first, whether to JG or SR. If he goes to SR, then the probability that she is only making fun or manipulating him is higher. However, if he has gone to JG first, then for me, the chances that they aren't sibling is already over. But he went to SR first.

4.) I've somehow mentioned this before but the changing in the recent scalding incident. It was JK who was scalded and not MY. Thus, it is like a foreshadowing in the order of their death as opposed to the J-version. In here, it is probable that JK will die first than MY and also a change from an incestuous route to a non-incestuous one.

5.) The doctor as an additional cast. He seemed to be so concerned about children of murderers because he himself is one. But why is it that he was only persistently looking for Moo Young? If Jin Kang is also a child of a murderer, mustn't it that he should have also looked for her or at least inquired about her especially when he talked to Jin Gook or Moo Young? Ok, he wouldn't talk about it to MY as he wants him to forget the past. But how about Jin Gook?

PLUS, I think the preview is giving away too much clues that they are siblings. To me, at least for now, it's like they're saying, they're not. It could be that in the end and during the actual airing, the last 2 episodes will show that they are not. Besides, this drama has always been so good in misdirecting the viewers by its preview only to surprise us during the actual airing.

So, as I have been saying in my previous posts, JG's determined opposition in the past could just be because 1.) of his extreme brotherly love for JK or a 2.) false presumption that they are siblings. But again as I've been repeatedly saying, my worry now is, when will the characters especially MY know about it? Most probably, when it's already too late for them to save each other from death already (e.g. MY saving JK). However, in all cases, I cannot help but mostly put the blame on other characters especially on Jin Gook and Tak. One of the moral lessons is, if they have only been more honest and unselfish from the start, this would have not happened to MY and JK. In fact, even if they turn out as siblings, I believe that they are the ones who could have prevented their very tragic ending. (P.S. I'm aware that this is just a drama. XD)

P.S +. Thanks much @kdramaaddict212@aisling@camichi@jujuls

for the kind words. Sorry, my thank you is already very late but as they say, better be late than never. :)

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

@April Twilights your analysis are always on point. Hope that they are not siblings but that doesn’t change the gravity of the situation, that clearly doesn’t matter anymore. Either way we are going to get a sad ending, we felt it since the first episode. They gave us so many fluff moments and now it won’t be easy with all the angst. 

Repeat after me:

i should have stayed away from this drama. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 1

Siblings or not, I think we will end up with both of them dead. :’(

Their conversation during the rollercoaster ride bothers me.

MY: What on earth have you done to me?

JK: I don’t know.

MY: How did I end up here?

It is like the kind of narration you hear in a film where both are talking in the afterlife. I don’t know it just gives me that kind of vibe. I am getting a Romeo&Juliet ending.

Someone posted awhile ago that she’ll skip the 2 episodes if it does not end up well and just imagine that both had gone to a place where they can be truly happy and freely love each other. That’s what I feel that the ending might be one of those “I’ll leave that to your imagination.”

Which connects to MY’s line, “I want to be born again.”

We’ll see how it goes.

• Like 6

I’ve been sad and upset since the morning when the teaser punched me into the face. I knew the tragic ending before I started the Korean version and I clearly knew this drama wasn’t a breezy rom-com, so I shouldn’t be feeling this mad. 

But I didn’t expect I was going to love the characters so much. I didn’t expect SIG and JSM bringing so much emotions and commitment to their characters. I kept saying I wanted an epic tragic ending to be remembered back in October. How I wish I could take it back. Those two damaged souls... how can the fate be so cruel? If they’re really the siblings then... it’s better for them to go back to the stars and be reborn again... :tears: 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

I have two things two say...

Tak despite knowing what JG has done, you still defend him? Girl, I'm done with you. You're just as bad as he is. You two deserve each other.

MY, I will say this once. GET A DNA TEST NOW.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

OK Just watched the preview clips at TVN channel on You Tube so they get the views count there. My reaction: NOOOOOO! What a heartbreaking scene with Jin Kang crying and begging at Moo Young's door. :cry:  I still don't believe they are blood siblings, but that preview sure looks like they will use a fauxcest misunderstanding to drive the plot in a similar direction as the Japan original.  For sure, I think there will be death at the end.  I'm steeling myself for these final 2 episodes.

@scarletlover1  "MY, I will say this once. GET A DNA TEST NOW."

YOU ARE SO RIGHT! This would be the logical route to take, but somehow I don't think it will happen.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

hi, all.

i'll make this short, coz seriously this show is giving me a bad case of migraine and panic attacks. still on team #notsibs here. JSR is just messing with MY (remember, she wants to have him in her pocket so she could have full control of him). i just hope that with all of his intelligence and cunning, MY would recognize that he is only being played; but, i guess when it's a player's turn to be played and under extreme emotional distress at that, it would be too late when he realizes this.

sweet, nice, and naive JK is finally pushed to her wit's end. MY's breaking up will her will really BREAK her and subsequent revelations (be it misunderstood or not) will spell her doom. things don't look bright at her end of the pole. im almost sure, though, that JG will live to see the havoc he wreaked over JK's and MY's lives- that will be his punishment. my god, Tak! you could have been a much better friend, girl.

lastly, the others have already more eloquently stated this and i agree with them, the way i interpret the preview is that it has #notsibs written all over it. the past few previews have all misled us in one way or another.

i remember how the last few minutes of episode 14 showed us cuts of the couple's happy moments, it really is a farewell to those sweet but fleeting times as the last two episodes, indeed, will truly be dark and tragic.

PS

If this were the JDorama, ep 15 would have been the final episode where everything falls into place, and in some ways I think it is. Isn't two episodes too long to see MY morph into a full-blown monster and self-destruct. I'm wondering then what the last episode's tone would be.

I ALREADY NEED TO KNOW WHAT JK'S REAL NAME IS. That's the key to solving the puzzle.

Edited by teachermok
postscript
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, teachermok said:

hi, all.

i'll make this short, coz seriously this show is giving me a bad case of migraine and panic attacks. 

Yeah, right? I can’t take it anymore, it’s like i am JK and the show is MY. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

28 minutes ago, jujuls said:

Yeah, right? I can’t take it anymore, it’s like i am JK and the show is MY. 

LOL! This made me laugh @jujuls! Thanks! I honestly want the show to end already even if that means missing JK and MY because it's already way too stressful and is interfering with work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miyukiakira1988 said:

Could it be that JK and MY are daughter and son of each parent? And the Doctor is the only one who probably knows that.

(Maybe in that document come that both are siblings. But the siblings could mean that both parents adopt the child of his/her partner. But probably SR doesn't know that. And JG also don't know that and think that MY and JK are siblings. The only person that knows that is the Doctor. I believe that the doctor treated both of them in the past.)

Doctor may or may not know. He would have said something already if they're siblings. That is, hey, your sister was in the hospital too, you know... But he didn't say anything and even let the boy go, most probably thinking this boy is all alone in the world anyway, his father and mother had died. If Doc knew he has a sibling, I doubt that he would let him wander out of the hospital by himself and leave his sister behind. Doc only felt burdened for KSH because they are both the son of a murderer, he felt for him, but Doc felt fine with the little girl because she isn't the daughter of a murderer. So again, either he knows for sure, or he is none the wiser himself. Maybe JK was treated by some other doctor.

As for the document(s) SR received, it's difficult for me to tell, but maybe some of you who have eagle eyes can rewatch -- there could be more than just the family registry that was given to her on her table. So when she was talking, it could be because of the multiple documents she had examined before coming to her cryptic conclusion that has been driving all of us crazy...

• Like 2

SR is capable of lying and manipulation just to get her way. I dont trust her one bit. I know its too wishful to think that MY would get a dna and explain their past to JK before SR gets to her, but im still holding out hope.

• Like 2

Okay I take back what I said earlier, I'll keep theorizing til the bitter end. I can't stay away from the drama!!!

There are key lines which I think would serve to foreshadow events (or some other purpose) leading to the finale. I wonder how these lines will come into play in our last two episodes:

Episode 12:

JK: If you don’t say you hate me I won’t go anywhere.
MY: Don’t go even if I do say that.
JK: Will you say it?
MY: Just don’t leave no matter what. Even if I say I hate you, it’d be a lie.
JK: Why would you lie then?
MY: I won’t.
JK: Don’t.
MY: I won’t
JK: I said, don’t.
MY: I won’t. I definitely won’t.

(maybe when MY's breaking up with her, no?)

Episode 13

MY: You can find yours, too (JK’s name). Let’s look for it together.
JK: Later. My brother will probably tell me when the time is right. I’ll wait until Jin Gook tells me.

(when will the right time be? when it's already too late? i hope not. JG get your richard simmons moving will ya and spill the beans already or i'll be the one to push you off the cliff of death!)

MY: I’m like you?
JSR: I told you we’re similar. We’re like different branches from the same root.
MY: I’ll give it some thought.

JSR: But, your brother? Isn’t it better not to have a brother? Isn’t it great you lost him? Why would you look for him?
MY: But I want to. I guess we aren’t as similar as you think we are.

(we know they aren't similar, but with MY on a rampage i dunno now what he's capable of doing)

Episode 14:

Doc: …. my father’s business was merely his own business. Moo-young, the past does not explain who you’ve become. What you are now is a testimony of who you are. Don’t let yourself get hurt by things unrelated to you.
MY: Hurt? As if. I don’t get hurt.
Doc: No matter who your rage may be directed toward, you rage will end up hurting you in the end. It will hurt you and those you care about.

(i hope MY realizes soon enough that indeed his father's business is merely his business, not MY's. him being the son of a murderer doesn't and shouldn't make him one. And we all know for sure that MY's going to be hurt so badly.)

(VO)
J: I hope that those things will cling tightly to you and never let you go. So that you can’t go anywhere.
MY (VO): I’m not going anywhere. Even if there’s nothing here or how far I go, I’ll come back to you.
("even if there's nothing here" = maybe ep 15? in the preview the police are searching his house and the seem to be taking some of his things; "how far i'll go" = maybe not literally? maybe how far he'll go down the spiral of doom?)

All right, I'll leave all of these here and go back to real life first!

P.S.

Also, I'm wondering why was there a fleet of police cars? Like there are too many of them? LOL now I'm overanalyzing things for sure.

Edited by teachermok
  • Like 4

We have to think that some times previews are not what they looks like many times. I would rather  think  that MY know now that his father killed Jin Kang Family. I am sure that they are not seablings and Jin Gook knows the real true. Because if not he would has told Moo Yoon that they were seablings when MY was at JG haous with the gun. 

He tolk MY that don't let JK look that side of him. It was like he was aceptting their relationship. 

I hope it's not like it seems to be like. :unsure:

• Like 4

“The Smile Has Left Your Eyes” Cast Members Are Sweet And Smiley Behind The Scenes

“The Smile Has Left Your Eyes” Cast Members Are Sweet And Smiley Behind The Scenes

With just two episodes remaining of “The Smile Has Left Your Eyes,” the production crew has released sweet behind-the-scenes photos to comfort those who will miss the drama.

“The Smile Has Left Your Eyes” is about Kim Moo Young (Seo In Guk), who works at a microbrewery and has a mysterious, dark past, and Yoo Jin Kang (Jung So Min). The two become entangled in a romance, while Yoo Jin Kang’s older brother Yoo Jin Kook (Park Sung Woong) investigates Kim Moo Young.

As the story progresses, the three people’s relationships with the truth of what happened 25 years ago are further immersing the viewesr. In episode 14, Seo In Guk and Jung So Min found out the shocking facts that their parents’ death anniversaries are on the same day, and they have burn scars that connect into one.

Despite the apprehensive and dramatic plot, the three actors show sweet and bright chemistry off camera. In one photo, Seo In Guk poses with a sulky expression while Jung So Min smiles with her eyes closed and a red balloon in hand. Also, the two of them look cozy and comfortable as they sit next to each other on set during their break. In individual photos, Jung So Min poses with cotton candy and bunny ears, and Seo In Guk softly gazes up at something.

Park Sung Woong can be seen hugging a staff member and grinning at the camera, and he cutely enjoys a pink portable fan. In addition, the entire cast and crew, who have continued shooting from the hot summer to the early winter, show hard work during filming.

Jung-So-Min-Seo-In-Guk-Park-Sung-Woong-2

The production crew stated, “There are only two episodes until the end. The teamwork of the cast and crew is by far the best. With tight teamwork, we are trying to make the drama last longer in the viewers’ memories. Please take interest and watch how the three characters’ fates will play out in the end.”

(https://www.soompi.com/article/1266153wpp/smile-left-eyes-cast-members-sweet-smiley-behind-scenes?fbclid=IwAR2qHM4S0Eg-kgERnNB8M9Dm_Zl1JthYeBZW-oOLQFWknKn4tunZ37J0GQs)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, camichi said:

We have to think that some times previews are not what they looks like many times. I would rather  think  that MY know now that his father killed Jin Kang Family. I am sure that they are not seablings and Jin Gook knows the real true. Because if not he would has told Moo Yoon that they were seablings when MY was at JG haous with the gun. 

He tolk MY that don't let JK look that side of him. It was like he was aceptting their relationship. 

I hope it's not like it seems to be like. :unsure:

Yeah, for example when in ep 12 he talks to the cat ,in the preview it seemed like he was talking to JK and we all freaked out thinking they broke up. But anyway let’s prepare a heavy dose of Xanax cause everything we’ll fall apart. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1