Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

@teachermok I just want to quickly support your analysis about them holding hands and how I also find that it plays a significant part in this drama. (So no worries, I don't think you're overanalyzing things...unless we're both overanaylzing things together. Ha). 

I noticed that in almost every scene of them together, they don't just hold hands, they intertwine their fingers together, even in the cooking rice scene (!). I suppose that could signify how much they're in love with one another, but then again it's not really necessary because as viewers, we already recognize that from them hugging and sleeping with one another, etc. so it's noteworthy and different from what I see in other dramas. Like someone mentioned before, there was that one scene in ep 13 where they're sitting down waiting for the bus and MY just looks at their hands held together like it's the best thing in the world. So cute.

I agree that it does make me think that their hand holding might come into play in the end because it represents them saving one another and never letting go or something along those lines....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, teachermok said:

Btw, ep 14 ended with a montage of some of MooKang's most memorable scenes and the final shot was that of them holding hands for the first time. There's something about them holding hands that piques my interest. For some reason I find that there is some sort of significance in this and I'm thinking that this might come into play in our last two episodes (or maybe I'm just overanalyzing things as usual).

In episode 7 when MY wrist-grabbed JK and asked her to eat the cake with him and JK freed her wrist, MY was shown to stare sadly at his empty hand. And since episode 10 I would often catch him looking at their intertwined hands. I dunno, I have this nagging feeling that this might be a foreshadowing of sorts, or maybe, it's just simply MY loving the fact that he already has someone to holds hands with. In fact, I was even theorizing a few hours ago that this subtle hint of them holding hands might be related to what the producers mentioned as the underlying theme of the series- that love saves. I don't want to go into details anymore on what came to mind haha.

And yes, #MooKangFOREVER @hoyund

I agree with everything you said. Its important to remember this. Since they have gotten together they have made it apparent that they have become the centre of each other's universes'. They are always in close proximity to one another and whenever its possible they are always touching each other - holding hands or hugging. There has to be a reason for in addition besides satisfying the viewers. I always get the impression that they are trying to remind us that regardless of what happens they will always find their way back to each other and be together.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hoyund said:

@teachermok

I noticed that in almost every scene of them together, they don't just hold hands, they intertwine their fingers together, even in the cooking rice scene (!). I suppose that could signify how much they're in love with one another, but then again it's not really necessary because as viewers, we already recognize that from them hugging and sleeping with one another, etc. so it's noteworthy and different from what I see in other dramas.

Yes! It is unusual in Kdramas, right?!? 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, hoyund said:

I agree that it does make me think that their hand holding might come into play in the end because it represents them saving one another and never letting go or something along those lines....

YES MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!

23 minutes ago, hoyund said:

I noticed that in almost every scene of them together, they don't just hold hands, they intertwine their fingers together, even in the cooking rice scene (!).

TRUE! The sleeping together scenes are just a bonus!

10 minutes ago, kdramaaddict212 said:

Yes! It is unusual in Kdramas, right?!? 

Very unusual. Which make their romance all the more satisfying to watch!

We have come a long way from the Seung-ah arc, no? Those episodes seem like long ago. From episode 10 my focus has just been on our MooKang couple. I thought that the fluff would just be limited to one or two episodes, but the production team gave us so much more- not just in terms of quantity, but more so in depth and intensity- and for that I'm grateful even if I know they're just probably setting us all up for the biggest heartbreak in Kdramaland ever.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I have 10 pages to read back on this thread because I purposely stayed away from spoilers until I can watch in peace (interrupted) with subs. What can I say... I am blown away... This week's episodes are just so so good that I really don't know where to start commenting on them. The writing, the directing, acting, editing... it is such a great production overall. Really, really a great drama to keep watching. Yet I feel torn. I honestly am so not looking forward to the plot development, having some ideas the direction it is taking. I am super anxious and apprehensive about next week's finale episodes. What will happen to the OTP now that the truth is out? Although not for everyone yet.... I am so tempted to watch raw next week because I just cannot wait, but this series is one that needs full subs to be appreciated. How I wish I know the language well enough... 

Okay, off to back read for great comments and insights since I myself am at loss for words to describe this week's watch.

• Like 6

I just realised MY didn’t tell JK he loved her... She wrote it in the message that she loved him... 

Oh... I have a bad feeling about this. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

OMG @aisling! I was just about to post something similar. Now I'm wondering when MY would actually tell her that he loves her! Don't tell me when either is already on the brink of death!

Or will it be just like the original huhuhuhu

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Big spoilers from Japanese version below!!!

Spoiler

He’s not saving I love you for this moment, right? :astonished:

I didn’t watch the whole series, only some cuts but Takuya Kimura absolutely nailed this scene.

6E269761-AF20-48E5-9CD9-756AA1899F93.gif

D3F36102-A0B0-4E0A-8B6F-77D2657D7C8A.gif

0EB71AE8-0556-401C-8F23-443F70ECF581.gif

61AA7143-3CE1-4639-9B6D-D5404558DFDA.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, aisling said:

Big spoilers from Japanese version below!!!

Reveal hidden contents

He’s not saving I love you for this moment, right? :astonished:

I didn’t watch the whole series, only some cuts but Takuya Kimura absolutely nailed this scene.

that's what im SO worried about. but i don't see our dear JK going down that path.

P.S.

KimuTaku is indeed a fine actor. just like our beloved SIG.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 3

I am hoping that the Korean version has a plot twist from the Japanese version. I hope that one of them was adopted. I just don't think the brother would stand by and let his "sister" engage in a sexual relationship with her biological brother. It could very well be that she was kidnapped by the father. I find it interesting that there are no memories past his father being killed.  

Just hoping for a twist because they have been through so much and I must say that the two of them make a very romantic couple. Actually, I think she's very good a building chemistry with her male co-stars. They give real hugs where the female hugs back--not stand there like a board as the guy hugs her.

• Like 6

I thought I noticed that SIG put his leg over JSM's lower body in the last bed scene in ep14 after she had turned her body to face him and at the last VO as the scene shifts away. Did I see correctly? When I saw that(at least I thought I did), I thought 'wow! that was bold! I didn't even see that in 'Healer'. This couple does it right.

Edited by pohyoke
spelling mistake
  • Like 7

25 minutes ago, pohyoke said:

I thought I noticed that SIG put his leg over JSM's lower body in the last bed scene in ep14 after she had turned her body to face him and at the last VO as the scene shifts away. Did I see correctly? When I saw that(at least I thought I did), I thought 'wow! that was bold! I did even see that in 'Healer'. This couple does it right.

yep you weren't imagining things hehe

Edited by teachermok
  • LOL 5

I've also noticed that they slept together at least three times, the first time in haesan, the second time after the "i want to be born again" scene and after the amusement park date (i guess?). :smirk:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

14 minutes ago, jujuls said:

I've also noticed that they slept together at least three times, the first time in haesan, the second time after the "i want to be born again" scene and after the amusement park date (i guess?). :smirk:

Likewise, my friend. I've also noticed the same thing. Heh.

JK does not usually take her shirt off whenever she's with MY (esp inside his house) but when she does...ya know what I mean

Image result for you know what i mean gif

PS:  It was a terrible idea to read all your TSHSLYE finale theories and analyses as soon as I got out of bed btw

I can't believe I had my tears for breakfast :bawling:  I need to catch up quickly!

• LOL 6

I think we need to praise the writer of this drama. She really is doing a good job messing with our heads.
This drama is just full of tricks/clues to make us think that maybe they are or maybe they aren't siblings.
How many times we change from they are/they aren't?

Do you remember this conversation of MY & JK, on EP2?

JK: You said we met three times before.
JK: We met at Seung Ah's exhibition,
JK: and then you lent me this jacket at the pub.
JK: What's the other time?
JK: I think we've met only twice before.
MY: That's wrong.

(What is the other time that MY is referring? In the forest house?)

JK: So what's the other time?
MY: A long, long time ago.
MY: Somewhere...
MY: Somewhere...
MY: It feels like...
MY: you're my little sister I lost a long time ago.
MY: A cute little sister.

(The answer of MY here looks like it was intentional.  He was no longer in control of the situation. In this Episode, he still didn't remember anything about his past.)

(Could it be that was to make us think at first that they are.)

JK: How old are you?
MY: We're the same age.
JK: You know how old I am?
MY: No, I don't.

(The answer of MY here was clearly a joke.  He was already in control again. In this Episode, he still didn't remember anything about his past.)

(Could it be that was to make us think that they aren't.)

Was this conversation of EP2 a clue or a trick, to make us think of the probability of the two maybes?

Do you remember this other conversation of MY & JK, on EP3?

MY: I always go one more step.
JK: One more what?
MY: I go one more step.
MY: When I'm with you, I miss the timing to stop.
MY: Things accelerate.
MY: Your eyes...
MY: really annoys me.
MY: I get irritated if I don't do anything.

(As you know psychopaths, are manipulators and calculators. They like to have control of the situation. But MY whenever he talked to JK, he would lose control of the situation.)

If he lost control of the situation every time he talked to JK, why would he give that kind of response to JK on EP2. And he only regains control when she asks the other question, and his response was a joke.

Will this conversation have a sort of reminiscence when we watch these last 2EP's?

Or it was just a idea of the writer to mess with our heads.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, jujuls said:

34 minutes ago, alivingparadox24 said:

Likewise, my friend. I've also noticed the same thing. Heh.

JK does not usually take her shirt off whenever she's with MY (esp inside his house) but when she does...ya know what I mean

i just hope they don't forget to close the blinds when doing you know what in MY's home :lol:

• LOL 4

@miyukiakira1988 it's a bit strange cause since the first episodes it seemed like MY knew who JG was, all those questions about killing a person, the antagonism was really strong since the first episodes. (i have to say that i miss the scene between these two). 

Shifting like crazy from #siblings to #nonsibling, i rewatched the scene where the secretary talks to JSR aka crazy rich sister and i have noticed that some parts seems cut, to be clear:

SR: so this is his family register, but what does it mean? Are you sure it's right?

S: it's kang soon goo's certificate. His family register.

SR: so this is his family register, but what does it mean? Are you sure it's right?

S: two children (who) where hospitalized that day.

Reading like that it seems like they're siblings but what if they decided to cut the full part for the last episode? I've a seen a lot of times these kind of scenes where they cut to save the full part for the next episode or scene.

We don't get to see the full picture here.

What if SR is trying to mess with MY? she is capable of doing really bad things. What if she is playing with him in order to make him take that flight?

Today i'm team non siblings, tomorrow who knows?!!?!?! My head hurts!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

OK, whoever wants to check what SIG’s leg was doing. :rolleyes:B)

3548-D5-E3-2880-4-E0-E-92-F9-15-DFD1-EC0

91-A26293-AC3-F-453-A-A193-95-A7-E1-D858

42216-F1-A-AC16-4239-A98-F-F4-AC03-DB5-E

I’m pretty sure they did it more than three times. They just didn’t show it onscreen but come on... Their relationship is quite physical unlike in other k-dramas. Also, look at SIG. Would you be able to do it only three times if someone like him appears in front of you?  :yum:  OK, time to crawl back to the shame corner :ph34r:

• LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, teachermok said:

i just hope they don't forget to close the blinds when doing you know what in MY's home :lol:

We should also take note that MY's bed is too small for two people to fit in.

Very impressive

Image result for anne hathaway meme clap

9 minutes ago, aisling said:

I’m pretty sure they did it more than three times.

and unbelievably impulsive :tounge_xd:

9 minutes ago, aisling said:

Their relationship is quite physical unlike in other k-dramas.

I've watched a lot of Korean dramas but TSHLYE had the most skinships to date (in my list so far).

Edited by alivingparadox24
  • LOL 6