Quantcast
Jump to content
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

Recommended Posts

OMG! Just reading the recap of this episode and I am so sad! Can this drama be saved for a happy ending for these two characters? Please writernim, don't go to the extreme Japan version of death and destruction!  Anyway,  I'm still holding out some hope that Moo Young and Jin Kang are not blood siblings since MY dad found his wife and MY in a cult/commune. I know in a lot of those type of "alternative" communities, often the children are all raised together and encouraged to think of everyone as one big family, so even if they have different biological parents, everyone is still "my brother" , "my sister" even if not biologically related.  Jana over at Drama Milk gave some insight into the newspaper article that Jang Sera sent to Moo Young.  

 

This is post from @ Jana

 

"The article mentions MY’s mother running away with one child and the father finding her with two other people (probably JK’s parents) after 2 years in a house and killing them all so it looks like MY and JK were childhood friends and not siblings. Also JK’s brother would tell her if they were siblings….I can’t see him keeping information like that secret. I think he knows MY’s dad killed her parents and that’s why he’s trying to keep them apart. I wish he’d just tell JK. Looks like MK is going to get snared by the scary soulless lady and JK’s brother might end up saving MY."

 

So if this is true, then it looks like MY Mother ran away with MY to a cult/ commune, and was living there with MY for 2 years, along with 2 other adults. Then after 2 years MY father finds them and tries to take his family back and ends up killing  the 3 adults.  So I'm thinking that if MY Mom and JK parents are all living together, then JK and MY grow up together like siblings, even though not blood related., and call each other brother and sister, which happens all the time in Korean dramas. Everyone, including friends or even collegues, is calling people noona or oppa or dongsang. 

 

The sad part for me is I think they go the "fauxcest" route here, and Moo Young mistakenly believe that Jin Kang is his blood related sister. If it is fauxcest, I hope things get clarified quickly so MY and JK don't have to deal with that in the final episodes.  I need to watch the episodes subbed  since the CEO and MY conversation is so crucial.

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, April Twilights said:

Could it be that JK is the daughter of the other 2 people whom MY's father killed But in his conversation with Se Ra, it seems like she is telling him that, yes, he doesn't have a younger brother. A younger brother that is, but he has a younger sister? OMO! But then again, what if the really important thing that she is talking about is the fact that MY's father killed JK's parents? Another thing that strucked me was MY and JG's conversation  at the early part of the episode and that is when JG told him that MY can surely shoot him if he wants to but he should promise not to let Jin Kang see it. Somehow I had this interpretation that what JG is telling is that MY should not let JK see that murderous side of him. And I was like OK if they are siblings why didn't he just tell him straightaway since he is already on the verge of being shot to death that they should never be together since they are siblings? Why ask to make such a promise instead from MY? Remembering that scene quite swayed me. But I do not know if there is an exact scene in the J-version. So perhaps my heart right now is in a state of 50-50. XD

 

hi, @April Twilights im actually thinking about this, too. i mean, what's the purpose of adding two more victims to the scene, right? it could be for that reason! that JK and MY are childhood friends. JSR must only be messing with his head. and yes, i still can't shake off that recurring question on why couldn't JG just straightaway say it to MY. 

also, im a little sympathetic to JG again. you feel how his guilt has impacted his life with such magnitude that it is only through his love for JK that he is able to get through life.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Table122000 said:

OMG! Just reading the recap of this episode and I am so sad! Can this drama be saved for a happy ending for these two characters? Please writernim, don't go to the extreme Japan version of death and destruction!  Anyway,  I'm still holding out some hope that Moo Young and Jin Kang are not blood siblings since MY dad found his wife and MY in a cult/commune. I know in a lot of those type of "alternative" communities, often the children are all raised together and encouraged to think of everyone as one big family, so even if they have different biological parents, everyone is still "my brother" , "my sister" even if not biologically related.  Jana over at Drama Milk gave some insight into the newspaper article that Jang Sera sent to Moo Young.  

 

This is post from @ Jana

 

"The article mentions MY’s mother running away with one child and the father finding her with two other people (probably JK’s parents) after 2 years in a house and killing them all so it looks like MY and JK were childhood friends and not siblings. Also JK’s brother would tell her if they were siblings….I can’t see him keeping information like that secret. I think he knows MY’s dad killed her parents and that’s why he’s trying to keep them apart. I wish he’d just tell JK. Looks like MK is going to get snared by the scary soulless lady and JK’s brother might end up saving MY."

 

So if this is true, then it looks like MY Mother ran away with MY to a cult/ commune, and was living there with MY for 2 years, along with 2 other adults. Then after 2 years MY father finds them and tries to take his family back and ends up killing  the 3 adults.  So I'm thinking that if MY Mom and JK parents are all living together, then JK and MY grow up together like siblings, even though not blood related., and call each other brother and sister, which happens all the time in Korean dramas. Everyone, including friends or even collegues, is calling people noona or oppa or dongsang. 

 

The sad part for me is I think they go the "fauxcest" route here, and Moo Young mistakenly believe that Jin Kang is his blood related sister. If it is fauxcest, I hope things get clarified quickly so MY and JK don't have to deal with that in the final episodes.  I need to watch the episodes subbed  since the CEO and MY conversation is so crucial.

 

 

Yes!!! I was just about to post something about this article and you beat me to it :) I think this is crucial. MY remembers only one moment of time in his past. MY's father and all of the victims died on the same day. And didn't JK mention something about feeling bad for Jin Kang's father? 

 

I don't want to get my hopes up. They could be throwing us off and they could still be biological siblings because Kang Soon Goo's family registry revealed 2 children. But this article has to be relevant leading into the finale.

 

As for the finale I think we have to brace ourselves whether they are biologically related or not there is a strong chance this will end tragically, especially with Se Ra involved. 

 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I rewatched the scene again with MY reading the article and it says that she (MY's mom) ran away with their CHILD! Just one CHILD!

I'm getting my hopes up again!!!

I hope MY remembers this crucial information and does not allow the botoxed witch to get the better of him!!! He should just ask JG instead!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

table122000:

 "The article mentions MY’s mother running away with one child and the father finding her with two other people (probably JK’s parents) after 2 years in a house and killing them all so it looks like MY and JK were childhood friends and not siblings.Are we hoping that the sister that the MY's mother took away is Se Ra? OOOHHH

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, most everyone has voiced the thoughts swirling in my head already so I don't have much of anything new to add though I'll join in on supporting some theories:

 

-As @teachermok stated, what popped out at me was that when MY was reading the article, it was translated that his mom took only "a child" away, & if my eyes don't deceive me, the exact Korean word used in the article was "child", NOT "children" (feel free to correct me if you're a native Korean speaker). So that to me was a red flag.

 

-The names of the other two murdered men were mentioned quite a few times both in the article and in the voice recording which was weird because they're clearly side characters and no one cares unless it comes to play later in the story, which makes me think perhaps JK is the daughter of one of the murdered men(?!). And like @Table122000 mentioned earlier, why even bring up the background story of the commune and religious cult if not for serving a greater purpose later on? That religion cult side plot caught me by surprise and makes me think JK was just another child raised in that group and happened to meet MY when his mom joined the cult.

 

-Why oh why though was little JK's hair so short and made to look like a boy? It can't be simply because the Show wanted to troll the viewers was it?! Was that supposed to be a red herring?? Again, I demand a reason for that later on or else the Show really played me. :(

 

-After watching clips of the episode, I was pretty much bracing myself for the incestuous ending but after re-watching the whole episode with subs, certain pieces just don't add up and I began wavering on that theory especially since JG never once hinted that JK was related to MY even when he was confessing everything to MY, including the specific date of his dad's death. Or again, the writers could really just be trolling us o.O 

 

Putting that aside, here are some random things that I did love about this episode:

-JK comparing her and MY's scars together like a map leading them together. Such a sweet analogy. Better than the puzzle metaphor they used in the J-version.

-My heart truly ached when MY said he wished to be reborn again. This coming from a guy who had no feelings at the beginning of the show and was damn proud of it, and now, he's getting flooded with emotions and can't avoid or deny them anymore so it's hitting him even harder than than it would for an average person.

-I agree that when JK did the voiceover narrating how he should feed the cat, eat the food in his house, etc. that it really sounded like these are things MY needs to remember to do when she's not around...like when she's dead....????! It just sounded so ominous.

-I can't believe they made cooking rice look so fun and sexy, ha. 

-The way JK squeezed MY's face was too darn cute! It reminded of their pose in front of the food truck that was sent to them last week:

ovYSNkE.jpg

OdkFbLU.jpg

 

With no preview this week, my guess is they're trying to play catch up on filming since the original preview for ep 13 actually used scenes from ep 14 instead so something tells me they just rushed to mash up something for a preview. Boo. I need whatever clips, pics, BTS, and goodies to get me thru to next Wednesday *sigh*

 

It was hilarious when I read one comment from a Korean netizen who said "Please don't let Mooyoung go out to buy things." Lol. Someone should teach MY to use Amazon or G-market because he sure has no luck buying things at stores; he goes out for bandages and comes back with repressed memories instead. What a crappy transaction. :blink:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kdramaaddict212 said:

"I don't want to get my hopes up. They could be throwing us off and they could still be biological siblings because Kang Soon Goo's family registry revealed 2 children. But this article has to be relevant leading into the finale."

 

Was it specifically mentioned that there were two children in the registry? Coz I rewatched the scene and it was only mentioned that there were two children that were hospitalized on that day.
 

19 minutes ago, hoyund said:

I agree that when JK did the voiceover narrating how he should feed the cat, eat the food in his house, etc. that it really sounded like these are things MY needs to remember to do when she's not around...like when she's dead....????! It just sounded so ominous.

 

Yes it really was ominous. I have a feeling that it's Jin-kang who would die first for some reason (maybe botox witch will pull off something) and then Moo-young keeping true to his promise will probably follow suit ("Even if there's nothing here or how far I go, I'll come back to you.")

This is PURE UNADULTERATED TORTURE. I wish TVN would drop even just the slightest hint. I really have a bad feeling about Se Rang. It has been reiterated by her, by MY, and JG that in this life, nothing's for free. And considering the lengths she already went for MY, the price must already be very high.

For now I'm on Team #NotSibs.

  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, teachermok said:

For now I'm on Team #NotSibs.

Lol, let me be second in joining Team #NotSibs!

 

And yes, I'm sure Se-Rang will be the catapult for all hell to break loose in the last two episodes. If you noticed, they clearly made an effort to show where the gun was put in the drawer at SeRang's house and as Chekhov says, if there's a gun in the first act, it's clearly going to be fired or else why put it there in the first place.:(

 

If anyone were to die, it would be interesting if JK was the first to go. The Kdrama version has managed to switch up some details (like having JK's hands burnt and MY subsequently getting bandages for her instead of the other way around in the Jversion) so it's definitely possible.

 

I have to say though, I really, really wish I never saw the Jversion or read a single spoiler because if I hadn't, this show would have an even greater impact on me and my brain would literally be imploding at this moment. I can't even imagine what the Japanese viewers were thinking when they watched the last episode of the original drama and the bombshell of an ending was just thrust into their faces. I can see why the original version left such a deep impact!

 

Oh, this show is so mentally exhausting. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hoyund said:

Lol, let me be second in joining Team #NotSibs!

 

And yes, I'm sure Se-Rang will be the catapult for all hell to break loose in the last two episodes. If you noticed, they clearly made an effort to show where the gun was put in the drawer at SeRang's house and as Chekhov says, if there's a gun in the first act, it's clearly going to be fired or else why put it there in the first place.:(

 

If anyone were to die, it would be interesting if JK was the first to go. The Kdrama version has managed to switch up some details (like having JK's hands burnt and MY subsequently getting bandages for her instead of the other way around in the Jversion) so it's definitely possible.

 

I have to say though, I really, really wish I never saw the Jversion or read a single spoiler because if I hadn't, this show would have an even greater impact on me and my brain would literally be imploding at this moment. I can't even imagine what the Japanese viewers were thinking when they watched the last episode of the original drama and the bombshell of an ending was just thrust into their faces. I can see why the original version left such a deep impact!

 

Oh, this show is so mentally exhausting. 

 

Haha welcome to the now two-member Team #NotSibs @hoyund! Fudge. This show IS mentally exhausting. Like I could hardly do anything even at work (which I'm actually supposed to be doing right now).

I love the Chekhov reference. I think it will be THE gun, no?

I also noticed how some key scenes were switched and I was sort of expecting Yuko's dialogue of her wanting to live with Ryo and have his babies to be said by MY.

True. I'm sure the Jap audiences were mindblown. There was no precedent for the original so I'm sure they we all completely blown away by the ending.

 

I think for now I have the simplest of wishes- I wish that should death be an inevitability (I think it is), I wish that our leads won't pass on with an unresolved misunderstanding (for example if they aren't really sibs, I hope they don't board Charon's boat thinking that they are). That would be too much for me to bear.

Edited by teachermok
spelling check; typos
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, teachermok said:

 

Was it specifically mentioned that there were two children in the registry? Coz I rewatched the scene and it was only mentioned that there were two children that were hospitalized on that day.

 

Viki subtitles stated  was Kang soon Goon's registered certificate aka family registry. Didn't mention 2 children but when

SR was talking to her secretary she asked him "So this is Kang Soon Goon's registry, but what is this? Are you sure this is right?" He said "Yes, there were 2 children admitted to Haesan Hospital that day"

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so based on ep 14, bsically i is the cult's fault..

 

first they lured the mom who took her child with her.. i am pretty sure, daddy was trying to save them from the cult but demented people are just demented, turning dad into murderer

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, teachermok said:

Okay I rewatched the scene again with MY reading the article and it says that she (MY's mom) ran away with their CHILD! Just one CHILD!

I'm getting my hopes up again!!!

I hope MY remembers this crucial information and does not allow the botoxed witch to get the better of him!!! He should just as JG instead!

 

YES! Everything points to there being just ONE child. Both the newspaper article and Team leader's interview by the secretary both only mentioned one child of the murderer. I also really hope that Moo Young remembers these facts and we don't get a "fauxcest" misunderstanding at the end of the drama. He should definitely just ask Jin Gook outright.

 

2 hours ago, teachermok said:

 

Was it specifically mentioned that there were two children in the registry? Coz I rewatched the scene and it was only mentioned that there were two children that were hospitalized on that day.
 

 

Yes it really was ominous. I have a feeling that it's Jin-kang who would die first for some reason (maybe botox witch will pull off something) and then Moo-young keeping true to his promise will probably follow suit ("Even if there's nothing here or how far I go, I'll come back to you.")

This is PURE UNADULTERATED TORTURE. I wish TVN would drop even just the slightest hint. I really have a bad feeling about Se Rang. It has been reiterated by her, by MY, and JG that in this life, nothing's for free. And considering the lengths she already went for MY, the price must already be very high.

For now I'm on Team #NotSibs.

 

I am wondering the same thing. I watched the subs and there is no exact mention of 2 children on the registry, but things are vague. I read at another forum a poster said they thought Jang Se Ra said something  that there was only one child on the family register, but none of the translations that I have seen have her saying anything like that. 

 

2 hours ago, hoyund said:

Lol, let me be second in joining Team #NotSibs!

 

And yes, I'm sure Se-Rang will be the catapult for all hell to break loose in the last two episodes. If you noticed, they clearly made an effort to show where the gun was put in the drawer at SeRang's house and as Chekhov says, if there's a gun in the first act, it's clearly going to be fired or else why put it there in the first place.:(

 

If anyone were to die, it would be interesting if JK was the first to go. The Kdrama version has managed to switch up some details (like having JK's hands burnt and MY subsequently getting bandages for her instead of the other way around in the Jversion) so it's definitely possible.

 

I have to say though, I really, really wish I never saw the Jversion or read a single spoiler because if I hadn't, this show would have an even greater impact on me and my brain would literally be imploding at this moment. I can't even imagine what the Japanese viewers were thinking when they watched the last episode of the original drama and the bombshell of an ending was just thrust into their faces. I can see why the original version left such a deep impact!

 

Oh, this show is so mentally exhausting. 

 

I agree. Jang Se Ra will definitely be the catalyst for all the bad stuff to happen in the final episodes. The drama has been pretty much following the original Japanese script, with a few changes here and there, but I think that Jang Se Ra's character will probably share the fate of her Japan counterpart, and also be messing with Moo Young, same as she messed with Ryo.

 

2 hours ago, teachermok said:

 

Haha welcome to the now two-member Team #NotSibs @hoyund! Fudge. This show IS mentally exhausting. Like I could hardly do anything even at work (which I'm actually supposed to be doing right now).

I love the Chekhov reference. I think it will be THE gun, no?

I also noticed how some key scenes were switched and I was sort of expecting Yuko's dialogue of her wanting to live with Ryo and have his babies to be said by MY.

True. I'm sure the Jap audiences were mindblown. There was no precedent for the original so I'm sure they we all completely blown away by the ending.

 

I think for now I have the simplest of wishes- I wish that should death be an inevitability (I think it is), I wish that our leads won't pass on with an unresolved misunderstanding (for example if they aren't really sibs, I hope they don't board Charon's boat thinking that they are). That would be too much for me to bear.

 

I hope so as well. If the drama is going for a tragic ending, I hope that Moo Young and Jin Kang will be together in the end, united, with no misunderstandings or lies between them. As I said before, I'd rather see a sort of "Bonnie & Clyde" ending where MY and JK are on the run and have a final showdown. Please not the Japan ending of 

Spoiler

lies by Ryo leading to Yuko killing Ryo and then after finding out the truth, killing herself

 

1 hour ago, kdramaaddict212 said:

 

Viki subtitles stated  was Kang soon Goon's registered certificate aka family registry. Didn't mention 2 children but when

SR was talking to her secretary she asked him "So this is Kang Soon Goon's registry, but what is this? Are you sure this is right?" He said "Yes, there were 2 children admitted to Haesan Hospital that day"

 

 

Yes. The conversation between Jang Se Ra and her secretary was vague and confusing. Plus her comments to Moo Young about how he was "clueless". Everything prior to this scene is strongly pointing to Jin Kang being the child of the other 2 people who were killed by MY Dad. Jin Gook, Tak, Team leader, all do not mention that MY had a sibling. The newspaper article clearly states MY mother ran away to the religious cult/commune with one child.  The other thing that I am  wondering about is the ages of the children shown in the flashback scenes. We know from past episodes that Moo Young was 5 years old when his Dad was shot. Since the newspaper article specifically states that there was only one child with MY Mother when she left the father, this means if Jin Kang was really MY sister then she could only be 2 years old, because MY mother would have to be pregnant and not give birth yet, but the girl in the flashback looks older than 2 years to me.  Plus Jin Kang says that she is turning 30, and Moo Young says he is 30 yrs old-, which would mean that there is only one year  (or less) between them, not 3 years which would be the case if MY mom gave birth immediately after leaving MY Dad.

Also, I have this question- if Moo Young's mother ran away from Moo Young's father and he could not locate them for 2 years, doesn't this mean that MY Mother did not want to see MY Dad ever? Why would she report the birth of her child and put it on his family register? Why give MY Dad any information at all that he could use to track her and MY down? 

 

All this makes me wonder if the drama is trolling us with the Jang Se Ra scene? Like, they are not showimg things that they will show later on to prove that MY is an only child. And for whatever reason, Se Ra is messing with Moo Young?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

The other thing that I am  wondering about is the ages of the children shown in the flashback scenes. We know from past episodes that Moo Young was 5 years old when his Dad was shot. Since the newspaper article specifically states that there was only one child with MY Mother when she left the father, this means if Jin Kang was really MY sister then she could only be 2 years old, because MY mother would have to be pregnant and not give birth yet, but the girl in the flashback looks older than 2 years to me.  Plus Jin Kang says that she is turning 30, and Moo Young says he is 30 yrs old-, which would mean that there is only one year  (or less) between them, not 3 years which would be the case if MY mom gave birth immediately after leaving MY Dad.

Also, I have this question- if Moo Young's mother ran away from Moo Young's father and he could not locate them for 2 years, doesn't this mean that MY Mother did not want to see MY Dad ever? Why would she report the birth of her child and put it on his family register? Why give MY Dad any information at all that he could use to track her and MY down? 

  

All this makes me wonder if the drama is trolling us with the Jang Se Ra scene? Like, they are not showimg things that they will show later on to prove that MY is an only child. And for whatever reason, Se Ra is messing with Moo Young?

 

hi, @Table122000! i agree with all the points raised:

 

1. it's highly unlikely that the mom was pregnant at the time of the escape from the hubby 'coz little JK is already quite big- more than 2 years old most definitely- in the flashbacks.
2. true, why would she register the birth if she doesn't want to be found in the first place? at this point and all things considered, it's highly likely that MY is an only child.

3. the drama peeps are the biggest trolls. ever.

4. JSR is just really probably just messing with MY. he is her current shining, shimmering, splendid object of interest and for her this is all just a very amusing game.

My biggest worry now is a probable fauxcest misunderstanding.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a possible ending. Moo young has done a lot of bad deeds, and he has to pay for them. 

 

The evil woman reveals to Jin kang that she's the biological sister of Moo young. It's a lie, because they're not related. Jin kang believes her, and kills herself, throwing herself down that cliff. The woman tells Moo young that she lied and that Jin kang believed her. She tells him that she won the game. Moo young is left alone, and the voiceover of Jin kang plays, telling him to go on living, feed the cat, water the plants, eat the food.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Halloo! @teachermok Now, remembering last night's episode upon waking up really hit me so hard this time. BUT still, I cannot find myself fully convinced that they are siblings. Aside from the reasons I've mentioned earlier, I just really cannot get the logic of why would JG not tell it to him during their confrontations? I could not get a logical reason. Because he does not want JK to know what he did? But I mean, it just doesn't make sense, he knows that MY is already unravelling the past. And why would he not tell him and be anxious that there could be something between the two? He has seen him having romantic scenes with his sister. And he's been strongly opposing the 2 because he knows that they're being incestuous? But then, he learned that the guy has already been able to go in and out of their house. And yet, being a police officer, he does not question as to how he was able to do that? He still does not suspect that something is still going on between the 2? I find it illogical to the plot. Maybe he understands that the 2 are still seeing each other and thus, he asks MY to make such a promise instead before he gets shot. Also, based on this episode, it shows that JG is really not that of a complete selfish person which makes me think that he would really not be selfish to reveal the secret just to save his face from JK. Also, he has a lot of opportunities in this version to reveal. I do not know if the J-version has also this scene where MY was able to sneak in their house and have confrontations with JG even after knowing what he did.

 

But my question now is, when will MY be clarified in his memory that they are not actually siblings just in case? Will it already be too late? I think Se Ra will be taking advantage of him. And this time, he really won't have a choice but to break all the promises that he told JK. Maybe he will not go back to his house again after gaining a bit of his memory. He'll break the promises one by one: he will leave without a word, he will turn off his phone, and worse, he will lie and tell her that he hates her in case JK finds him. He will get lost once again. Thus, when he told JK, " No matter how far I'll go, I'll always return and come back to you". It could also mean that he'll come back after finding his complete memories. But I hope it would not be too late already and that is, when JK is not in the brink of death because of Se Ra. But if that happens and if JK dies, I can really see him following her,  returning home to her, even in the next life. After all, to him, she has already become his everything. Ohh my heart!

  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Behind the scene Ep.13-14 to relieve our stress  :grin:

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, April Twilights said:

Halloo! @teachermok Now, remembering last night's episode upon waking up really hit me so hard this time. BUT still, I cannot find myself fully convinced that they are siblings. Aside from the reasons I've mentioned earlier, I just really cannot get the logic of why would JG not tell it to him during their confrontations? I could not get a logical reason.

 

Hi @April Twilights ! So do I have another member in Team #NotSibs? :p Yes, JG could say that they're siblings to MY end of story. He had the perfect opportunity to do so during his last confirmation with MY in the alleyway. That's why I still lean towards the #NotSibs route. Also, I really think that MY is an only child as I already argued earlier.

 

33 minutes ago, April Twilights said:

But my question now is, when will MY be clarified in his memory that they are not actually siblings just in case? Will it already be too late?

 

I will stand my ground that JK is most likely the first to go AND that MY will follow her to keep that promise of "coming back to her". The VO is so much like a farewell :(I just don't know if she'll do it with her own hands or because of botox witch's evil machinations, either way, I'm almost quite sure that JK will die.

So maybe, MY getting the facts straight and his memory clearer will come a bit too late? I hope my hunches aren't true and that I'm proven wrong. I'm also sad that ep15 seems like the one wherein which MY will break all his promises- although asking JSR for a favor is already one broken promise :( I honestly think that it's a very bad decision on his part to ask for her help. Nothing is free in the world, right.

Just got off work and I'm back in the forum. I can't seem to stay away from this thread coz Wed and Fri seems like a million miles away!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, I'm more concerned about death than I am incest, lol. So whether or not they are blood related - and I agree with those who think there's an extra twist and JK is actually the daughter of the other cult members who Moo Young remembers playing with - I just don't want the story to end with either of them dying. Especially not Jin Kang, who has barely gotten to participate in the mystery side of the plot. Her dying as a pawn in Se Ran's game would be so disrespectful, lol, and the first choice that's actually worse than the original in my eyes.

 

Make up for your previous lies by explaining the whole truth, Jin Gook, and save your sister before it's too late!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@teachermok Hehe! It's weird but I have always find myself leaning more into the "Not Siblings Route", wishful thinking and objectively wise. And I am almost sure that Moo Young will follow Jin Kang even in the next life in case she dies. However, I don't see Jin Kang taking her own life. It just doesn't suit the way she is portrayed in this version. Most probably, she will be put to death under the machinations of Se Ra. MY will then kill Se Ra, probably with the gun that she once gave to him. And MY will take his own life to follow Jin Kang and come back to her. I am even having this feeling that he will do that on that cliff. He even seem to have a deep connection to it when he went there like saying that he can actually stay there. Even in the teasers, he is shown to be on the verge of throwing himself off. But with Jin Kang's death and absence, no one will be able to stop him anymore. That gives me that feeling. So so sad.. really sad.

 

Also, I think I read somewhere that in the J-version, it was Ryo who got scalded? And it was JK who went to the pharmacy? I am not just sure if i remember it correctly. So, this version changed it. With that changing of order, what I'm also getting is that, it is a foreshadowing they will also change the order of their death. It will be Jin Kang first then Moo Young. As much as I also wish for a happy end for both of them but I don't think that it is possible. As the production has said, they will keep the strength of the original story thus, if at least they will not go to the incestuous route, they will keep the tragic death of both protagonists. I think that making their love story beautifully tragic is one of its strengths. So, they will have to keep it that way even if it will break our hearts into pieces. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...