Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

1 hour ago, aisling said:

Why is it called the live recap when it’s not recapped at the time of airing? I’m not being snarky, I’m just really curious why it’s not called a recap but a live recap :)

Lol Of all the things that's been buggling our minds right now, that's what bothers you the most? Hahahahahah Lucky you! 

I am about to panic whether Dramamilk is even going to give us an update and here you are worrying about trivial things. Lol

1 hour ago, jujuls said:

I read that it is going to be a quick recap but i don't know when.

Is Dramamilk working with tvn now in killing us with the suspense? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

19 minutes ago, deishii said:

Is Dramamilk working with tvn now in killing us with the suspense? 

Yes, chingus! lol @prettyhappy

Our minds can never rest! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, prettyhappy said:

Maybe we should ping the Dramamilk team to let them know that the whole village is waiting for them.:sweatingbullets: Most of us are staying up late waiting to know the truth before we can sleep soundly. :sleeping:

I’m lucky that subs are out when it’s around 10 PM in my country - perfect time to watch it, so I don’t have to wait till next morning.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, aisling said:

I suddenly had a terrible thought of how the drama could end.

Hide contents

At this point we can assume they will follow the J-version ending. Jang Se Ra will torment MY for sure, she’ll want to reveal the truth to JK, so MY will kill her to silence her. He’ll be chased by the police and hides in their old house/cabin. 

JK will remember he’s mentioned this cabin and confronts him there - that he never loved her and used her to get the revenge on JG. She shoots him and then finds a letter where she finds out the truth. She’ll drag MY’s body to the cliff and jump with his body down .... the last shot will be their bodies lying on the ground with the stars above their head. Oh crap, I just made myself cry.

i sort of would like that.. am i evil or something?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Spoiler

Conversation Between MY & SR

Spoiler

Don't you want to hear about your brother?
You're giving this pretty thing back to me intact.
I'm a bit disappointed.
Tell me any time if you need it again.
You seem very curious.
What is this?
It's Kang Soon Goo's registered certificate.
In other words, his family register.
So this is his family register,
but what does this mean?
- Are you sure it's right? - Yes.
Two children who were hospitalized in Haesan Hospital that day.
It turned out that you didn't have a younger sibling.
What do you mean?
A younger brother, that is.
The girl was adopted to...
a person named Lee Jung Shil six months after the incident.
Lee Jung Shil?
Lee Jung Shil is Yoo Jin Gook's mother.
So that girl...
is Yoo Jin Kang?
I don't have a brother?
You really are clueless, aren't you?
You know nothing about what's really important.
Tell me already.
I've never seen you this anxious.
I don't want to tell you for free.
You should give me something in return at around this point.
Let's talk about important things there, okay?
Okay.

For me after this I'm 100% sure they are siblings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

BTW do you guys know if SIG or JSM ever died  their previous dramas/films? Though I’m fan of both of them, I haven’t watched all of their works. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aisling said:

BTW do you guys know if SIG or JSM ever died  their previous dramas/films? Though I’m fan of both of them, I haven’t watched all of their works. 

I only watched Reply 1997 & Play Full Kiss. But I know that in their previous dramas they never died.

• Like 4

@aisling I am not sure with SIG dying in one of his dramas but...

Spoiler

JSM SHOT Kim Nam Gil’s character with a REVOLVER at the end of Bad Guy finale :bawling: (it was pretty cool coz Bad Guy is her debut drama).

JSM also made a cameo as Kim Mi-so’s mom in What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim? and we all know that Mi-so’s mom died when she was still very young.

Bad Guy is the reason why I’m pretty worried about TSHLYE’s finale.

Spoiler

I don’t want to see JSM’s character shooting another person again on screen if that person also happens to be...

MOOYOUNG

Call me a masochist or what but as a fan of JSM and SIG...

Spoiler

Both of their characters dying in this drama will definitely give them a breakthrough as actors. That’s why I’m kinda ok with it (lol no not really, not as MY and JK)

I have seen most of JSM’s dramas and seen at least one of her movies (I tried to watch Alice but I’m such a scaredy cat and a sucker for melos) and only watched SIG’s Reply but I can say that their characters in TSHLYE’s is their most daring to date. I’ve never seen JSM having so much skinship with her co-actors before. She shared a lot of kiss and sweet scenes with Sung Joon in Can We Get Married but no one can ever top her skinship with SIG in this drama and most of all...that oozing chemistry!!!

Spoiler

If you want to see JSM cursing like a sailor, watch Daddy You, Daughter Me. I almost spit out my tea when I heard her say the Korean F word :lol:

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, miyukiakira1988 said:

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

I'm a bit disappointed.
You seem very curious.
What is this?
but what does this mean?
What do you mean?
Lee Jung Shil?
So that girl...
is Yoo Jin Kang?
I don't have a brother?
Tell me already.
Okay.

I have a lot of theories running through my mind right now but the possibility of them being siblings is almost 100%. Even if we say that JK is the child of her mom from another man probably one of the guys from the cult that her father killed. Still they would end up as half brother /sister. Even if there were cousins, they are still blood-related. MY clearly remembered young JK appearing behind his back and according to the secretary, there were only 2 kids hospitalized for burn scars. Or maybe just maybe, they were really just playmates and the police assumed that there were siblings. Maybe, MY's "sister" died. Arggh. I don't know anymore. Lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, miyukiakira1988 said:

Spoiler

Hide contents

I'm a bit disappointed.
You seem very curious.
What is this?
but what does this mean?
What do you mean?
Lee Jung Shil?
So that girl...
is Yoo Jin Kang?
I don't have a brother?
Tell me already.
Okay.

Yeah, the plot is out. 

At this point i really despise the doctor and i still can't figure out why they added his character and why MY is so important to him.

Now 2 ep left for all the drama and if they don't die is going to be an open ending because life is unfair.

In ep 10 when Tak and JG are at the temple, this is their conversation:

T: JK doesn't know why you bring her here every year, right?

JG:Of course not, and she shouldn't ever find out.

T: that guy is really blessed. Thanx to you, he gets to see his daughter grow up every year

JG: It'd be nice if he thought of it that way.

holy moly, what have i got my self into? I should have stayed far away from this drama since the beginning, but damn the promos intrigued me so much and of course SIG comeback. I have to say this is my first drama with him and my third with JSM who has just become my favourite among korean actresses.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jujuls said:

holy moly, what have i got my self into? I should have stayed far away from this drama since the beginning, but damn the promos intrigued me so much and of course SIG comeback. I have to say this is my first drama with him and my third with JSM which has just begun my favourite among korean actresses.

i've been asking myself the same question. this drama has been causing me so much stress, and now i just feel so, so sad for our leads most especially MY who now knows the truth- after going through all those painful revelations (JG killing his dad, his dad being a murderer and all) in a span of a short period of time he has to go through this one- probably the most painful one out of all the heartbreaks in his life.

at this point, i'm hating on JG, why the hell is he so selfish?

im not going to delude myself any longer, this ship is going down and it's going to go down hard. can't they just show the last two episodes ASAP coz  dunno how i can last a week waiting for a hundred million stars to fall down from the skies. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

NEW BEAUTIFUL FAN MV BY bpwinces!

and I’m so late for work for updating myself too much pffffft

PS:

If our main couple actually perishes at the end of this series, I can imagine a scene where adult MY runs happily with adult JK in the forest just like when they were little kids...except that they’re now finally in paradise where trauma, pain and sadness can no longer haunt MY and JK 

:bawling:

Edited by alivingparadox24
  • Like 7

So I'm completely alone in thinking...

Spoiler

MY dad killed JK parents when he killed his wife? I mean "younger sibling" is an ambiguous term in Korean. Obviously MY is going to think she is his sister, but ya'll really think a K drama is going to go there? Especially a K drama that is pushing a couple this hard. I'm staying positive until the last frame if this show because that goes against everything I've come to expect from Korean love stories. Denial is a beautiful place. Lol

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

34 minutes ago, alivingparadox24 said:

If our main couple eventually perish in the end, I can imagine a scene where adult MY runs happily with adult JK in the forest just like when they were little kids...except that they’re now finally in paradise where trauma, pain and sadness can no longer haunt MY and JK 

I wanna scream so bad. I don't even want to think about...gosh...

And of all things there's still the murder case.

Me after this episode:

giphy.gif

@kookiekrysp i have to see the episode with subtitles. What would save things last minute would be the cult thing. In the dramamilk recap:

This guy found out where the wife was hiding in the cult and tried to take the wife back but killed her and someone else called the police. he killed those people as well.

But again this doesn't fit with what i said in my previous post about Tak and JG conversation of the guy being grateful to see his daughter grow.

Wait but we know that JG also told JK about a sister in America. What if he made up the picture of this family in his head based on HER REAL family killed in the cult.

OK ENOUGH! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

stars.png

[Smile Has Left Your Eyes] Ep 14 spoilers, Jung So Min & Seo In Guk

Article: Naver 'Smile Has Left Your Eyes' Seo In Guk shocked after recalling memories of his sister... is he siblings with Jung So Min? 

1. [+861,-43]
Seo In Guk's father dying scene seems like there's his daughter. He gathers children and that's why he remembers her as his sister. 

2. [+666,-58]
Should I say that actors have something that attracts people? Is it a charisma or the atmosphere around them? I feel that way with Seo In Guk~ Seriously, Kim Moo Young's eyes.. it's complex~ He's an actor really good at acting.. Song Joong Ki was that way too during his Innocent Man days.. 

3. [+686,-91]
Seo In Guk's acting is amazing. 

4. [+552,-6]
Don't let Moo Young go out to buy anything, please. 

5. [+322,-30]
I don't think they are blood-related siblings. Anyway, I'll have to wait till the next week. 

6. [+175,-12]
Has Seo In Guk's acting always been making people trembling? I watched him in admiration the whole time. 

7. [+162,-10]
The male lead's acting is good. His acting is really unique. It's so natural. 

8. [+158,-15]
I know the ending of the original version, so I'm more nervous to know if this one is going to be different. 

9. [+141,-9]
What's with Seo In Guk's 'eye acting'? To think he could be that good.. It's daebak. That kind of acting makes me want to give him an award. 

smile.png

Article: Naver 'Smile Has Left Your Eyes' Seo In Guk finds out that his father=murderer 'shocked'  

1. [+373,-11]
Seems like The Smile Has Left Your Eyes is sad. 

2. [+243,-10]
Seo In Guk's acting is not a joke, really.. 

3. [+180,-6]
Looks like the daughter of the victim Seo In Guk's father killed is Jung So Min. 

4. [+88,-9]
I guess the doctor carries the same kind of scar with him. 

5. [+70,-3]
Seo In Guk is an acting genius. 

6. [+62,-2]
Before, the policewoman did ask Yoo Jin Gook, "The two can't date, isn't it?" I think she meant that they are siblings. It's an ill-fate. 

7. [+54,-0]
To think that that actor took first place in Superstar K. He's totally slapping traditional actors in the face. 

8. [+50,-0]
Seo In Guk's acting is really amazing. When he read the message with Jin Kang saying, "I love you", my chest felt stuffy because of his expression. Please don't make them siblings. 

9. [+49,-0]
I don't think they are siblings. There's no reason to follow the original version completely. I think one of the victim Moo Young's father killed has a daughter, and it's her.

cr

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, alivingparadox24 said:

PS:

If our main couple actually perishes at the end of this series, I can imagine a scene where adult MY runs happily with adult JK in the forest just like when they were little kids...except that they’re now finally in paradise where trauma, pain and sadness can no longer haunt MY and JK 

@alivingparadox24 my gosh, i was actually thinking of the same ending just moments ago. that would be too bittersweet.

oh btw, I'M ALSO HATING ON WHOEVER HAD THAT IDEA OF GIVING US SO MUCH LOVE AND FLUFF AND ROMANCE AND EVERYTHING ELSE only to leave us all devastated IF THEY INDEED ARE GOING DOWN THAT ROAD. how the hell do they expect me to move on from the very beautiful love story of MY and JK?

some of MY's and JK's lines have foreshadowed certain key events. i have yet to see how these statements would come into play:

Episode 13: MY: I'm not going anywhere. Even if there's nothing here or how far I go, I'll come back to you. (Do you think he will use that plane ticket to Hokkaido? Which brings me to another question- what the hell does JSR the witch plan to do with MY in Hokkaido???)

Episode 12:
JK: If you don't say you hate me, I'm not going anywhere.
MY: Don't go even if I do say that.
JK: Will you say it?

MY: Just don't leave no matter what.

*Imma think MY will say this to JK next episode.

I dunno how many times I've rewatched their scenes at home. Everything is just so heartbreakingly beautiful. Their VO- JK talking about needing to water the plants, feeding the cat etc.- made me cry.

I'm now a heaping, crying mess at 7:40 am. I have a string of classes today and I AM the teacher. Show I hate you. You're ruining my life.

PS

Is it so wrong of me to actually be okay for them to be together if they are indeed what we all fear them to be? Coz I'd rather that they'd be together.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Seran is wrong..MY and she are not alike. MY is,  at the end of the day, the little lost boy looking for home and JK felt that in him and  become his home. 
Seran is just hungry for power, she does not value home and rest.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, teachermok said:

PS

Is it so wrong of me to actually be okay for them to be together if they are indeed what we all fear them to be? Coz I'd rather that they'd be together.

And that is why I am occasionally lurking on this thread but not watching this show at all.  If they are siblings, I do NOT want to be lulled into the idea that incest is acceptable in any way just because the viewers wish they could be together.

So, yes, I see this as wrong.  (Apologies if anyone doesn't want to hear that BUT no apologies for stating my objections to what I believe to be morally unacceptable.)

And if this does end the way the Japanese version did 

Spoiler

with murder and suicide

then that would be unacceptable, too, because those are also wrong.

Honestly, I really wanted to watch this show to see the leads but I cannot justify watching because of the other factors.  I have to live inside my own head so it makes sense to use caution in how I furnish it; although I'm curious about this show, it's sounding more and more like somewhere I should not go.

• Like 2

What an episode! I can compare it to the roller coaster ride of Jin Kang and Moo Young (minus the expressionless face of MY :D) and I really love it! All emotions rolled in just one episode. I laughed. I cried. I giggled. I was worried. I got surprised and more. But honestly unlike yesterday this episode has somehow made me tell myself: Better prepare your heart darling. They might really turn out as siblings. :D But again, objectively wise and not just wishful thinking, I wonder why I still cannot be totally convinced that they really are siblings even with just 2 episodes left. Questions run into my mind like: Why did this version have to change the drawing? Why did they have to add a story that MY's father killed 3 people including his mother? ( I am not sure if it's in the J-version though. I haven't watched it. I've seen just a few clips.) Could it be that JK is the daughter of the other 2 people whom MY's father killed But in his conversation with Se Ra, it seems like she is telling him that, yes, he doesn't have a younger brother. A younger brother that is, but he has a younger sister? OMO! But then again, what if the really important thing that she is talking about is the fact that MY's father killed JK's parents? Another thing that strucked me was MY and JG's conversation  at the early part of the episode and that is when JG told him that MY can surely shoot him if he wants to but he should promise not to let Jin Kang see it. Somehow I had this interpretation that what JG is telling is that MY should not let JK see that murderous side of him. And I was like OK if they are siblings why didn't he just tell him straightaway since he is already on the verge of being shot to death that they should never be together since they are siblings? Why ask to make such a promise instead from MY? Remembering that scene quite swayed me. But I do not know if there is an exact scene in the J-version. Plus, based on the subtitle, it says that MY's mother took the child with her. Child means singular form. But MY's father found out their place of refuge. I also remember that episode where MY mentioned that, he was so happy that time when he saw his father because he hasn't seen him in a long time. So if the translation is correct and it really means in singular form, that could only pertain to MY. Having said all of these, perhaps my heart right now is in a state of 50-50. XD 

But this episode is perhaps  one of the most touching episodes for me. I was really moved to tears when MY was looking at the tablets of his parents at the temple. Again, for the nth time.. Oh! how I feel so so sorry for him. What he has feared of in a previous episode has really happened and what he discovered turned out to be even worse. It's like all of his hopes about his family have been scattered into tiny little pieces breaking him so hard one by one. But indeed it's true.. as to what Seo In Guk has said, that he is happy that at least, Moo Young's character has Jin Kang. Indeed, love saves him. And I mean, just imagine if he doesn't have Jin Kang by his side? I just can't imagine the pain as you go through such a very dark revelation in your life with no one by your side. And indeed, one cannot really help but be awed by SIG's acting in this drama plus knowing that he is also actually an excellent singer and many more. I just fall for him more and more.  I wonder what he eats for breakfast. Or maybe, can I just be the one to prepare his breakfast?  Haha! Just joking. Dreaming while awake. :D

Also, honestly, I started to love again Jin Gook's character in this episode. He is indeed a good person. I do not know if you feel the same. Maybe, I'm just the only one. Plus, Park Sung Woong's acting was daebak in this episode! His confrontations with Moo Young was so emotional on my part. The sadness and apologetic expressions on his face as he talked to Moo Young really moved me. I also cried on that part when he was talking to Tak about his mother. He made me miss my mother in that scene so much so that I also just want to go home and see my mother (and of course my father as well). That was really moving. BUT.. perhaps I will hate him again in case it turns out that MY and JK are really siblings. He is the one who could do something about it if he would only not allow his selfishness and cowardice to ruin things further. I do not know. We will see next week.

And finally, whether this drama turns out to be incestuous or not, all I can say is that, it has been consistently and superbly great in all aspects.. from the start and even up to now that we are down to the last 2 episodes. How I wish that everybody really receives all the credits that they deserve. And thus again, what saddens me now is no longer the possible very tragic ending but rather the fact that it's going to end next week. I can't let it go! I love it so much! XD What am I gonna watch after it? Nothing catches my attention these days except for it. Sad!

P. S. I have a question..  so in this version,  the drawing was drawn after the incident already and is actually merely based on MY's imagination since the other man in the drawing looks like a police officer? But I think it was mentioned in a previous episode that he was carrying it already when someone found him. I am not sure. Also, does anybody know the name of the amusement park where they had their date together? I must go there. :D Thank you very much!

• Like 4