Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

@April Twilights @Mau_Cherry
Your analyst lead me to think that reason why  JG and Tak did not want MY-JK to is NOT because of they are sibling. BUT because of the crime and the past that JG want to hide!  and IF TAK knew that MY and JY are sibling, she would try MORE to convince JK not to date MY and she didn't. Otherwise that I'll really disappoint in TAK!  

I now really believe your analyst according to the scenes we have seen so far that they are not sibling.

Also Kversion is so much love, care,undertanding and fight for this love.

I do fear for sad and prepare for end tragic of this show.
I have seen one comment used word "HYPE". 
I feel that Jversion is big because of this type  of hype of tragic end.

@April Twilights @hoyund @Mau_Cherry  Love you all posts. Thank you so much

4mZ31XP.pngjS0sMk2.png5TngEC6.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 6

@aisling me, too. at this point and seeing how deeply and passionately they love each other, i really don't care anymore if they are siblings. plus...

Spoiler

i don't think JK is capable of killing anyone

i find comfort in my observation of JK that she seems to be a contemplative person. i don't think she's capable of doing something so rash and irrational; and we know now how much her devotion is to MY and how much she believes in the good that is in him. remember what she said when MY thought that she left? that she is on his side. i would like to think that this would hold true until the end.

i also find comfort in the statements, "“The drama has an underlying, heavy theme of ‘love will save people.’ With the theme of ‘love,’ it is a work that simultaneously tells the story of people. We’ve made an effort to portray the story of a man and woman who suffer with their individual emotional pains and overcome and grow from this through [the power of] love." (Take note the use of the words: "overcome" and "grow".)

the drama has been consistently good. the best i've seen in years, and, yes, THE BEST OTP EVER!! i hope the last few episodes, even the finale won't be a let down. if they choose the tragic route the production team, the writers and everyone involved should go all out; but, if they choose the other path, i hope they give it their best, too.

P.S.

I think MY telling JK not to leave/believe him even if he says he hates her would be crucial in the coming episodes as the truth is about to be revealed. Maybe JK believing his words would determine what her ultimate fate would be.

Edited by teachermok
additional thoughts
  • Like 8

Looks like JSM&SIG don’t have much NGs to begin with, they probably work really well together. I laughed alongside with JSM when she made fun of SIG because of that blurry selfie :D 

Thank you, Drama Gods, for bringing these two actors together... please let the show be good till the end.

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, aisling said:

Looks like JSM&SIG don’t have much NGs to begin with, they probably work really well together. I laughed alongside with JSM when she made fun of SIG because of that blurry selfie :D 

Thank you, Drama Gods, for bringing these two actors together... please let the show be good till the end.

Yes, the comfort level shows...compare their first kiss to the latest one, the natural rubbing of the thumb and fingers on the shoulder, ears or when holding hands. The feeling of being home and relaxed when they are together. Those two are really amazing actors. SIG's micro movements of his facial muscle showing different emotions..he is really one of the best in his age group.

• Like 8

Do you think this nose nuzzling was improvised? I really liked this small cute gesture... especially coming from MY.

E6D36CF1-A6A6-432F-8BF8-5432DEE935E7.gif

• Like 9

Wow the brother's a total psycho how can he stab moo young! And the whole talk about how moo young is a murderer and he should stay away from Jin kang, mate you killed somebody too so you're also a murderer! He didn't annoy me before but he certainly annoys me now! And how has everyone gone back to being normal with JG when he's just told them he's stabbed someone! He needs his comeuppance asap.

1 thing I noticed about the cat is that it was there when he didn't have jin kang and it went missing once those 2 got together and now it came back as they were breaking up but then it ran away again as the 2 got back together again! Like the cat is jinkang not just by name but as a personification/metaphor of her.. don't know the right word but yea.. Lol am I just making stuff up?! :lol:

Also I still don't understand how jin kang fits into his past! Does she not remember her past as well? I can't remember has she said how she got her burn yet? They haven't shown anything about her past yet or how it intertwines if it even does with moo young or should I call him sun ho now!!! Lol 

Only 4 more episodes left 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, teachermok said:

@aisling me, too. at this point and seeing how deeply and passionately they love each other, i really don't care anymore if they are siblings. plus...

Reveal hidden contents

i don't think JK is capable of killing anyone

i find comfort in my observation of JK that she seems to be a contemplative person. i don't think she's capable of doing something so rash and irrational; and we know now how much her devotion is to MY and how much she believes in the good that is in him. remember what she said when MY thought that she left? that she is on his side. i would like to think that this would hold true until the end.

i also find comfort in the statements, "“The drama has an underlying, heavy theme of ‘love will save people.’ With the theme of ‘love,’ it is a work that simultaneously tells the story of people. We’ve made an effort to portray the story of a man and woman who suffer with their individual emotional pains and overcome and grow from this through [the power of] love." (Take note the use of the words: "overcome" and "grow".)

the drama has been consistently good. the best i've seen in years, and, yes, THE BEST OTP EVER!! i hope the last few episodes, even the finale won't be a let down. if they choose the tragic route the production team, the writers and everyone involved should go all out; but, if they choose the other path, i hope they give it their best, too.

P.S.

I think MY telling JK not to leave/believe him even if he says he hates her would be crucial in the coming episodes as the truth is about to be revealed. Maybe JK believing his words would determine what her ultimate fate would be.

Totally with you

Jin Gook did something wrong in the past, and i think that raising Jin Kang he found a way of redeem himself, it was because of her he could start again. He told  YuRi that everybody deserve a second start  and told her about him having a second chance..All that because of love, Jink Kand represent that for him, He wants her to be happy, he don't want her to be with someone like him. I think MY resemble the old JG in any way.  JG loves her sister too much and she is the most important thing for him.  !The Love! but he can't accept that Jin Kang can be that second chance for MY too. She represent the love for MY, she is the only thing that MY realy loves and he had knew the love because of her.  

The love save the soul

• Like 7

"Love will save people". For me, it does not literally mean that their love can actually save them from dying or from an inevitable beautiful sad ending in the same way that people do not have any power over our loved-ones once the time comes that they have to leave this world no matter how much we love them even more than ourselves. 

For me, understanding it in the context of the drama means about the immeasurable power that the love you give can do to another person during his/her lifetime, that power of love that is so accepting so much so that it makes a person cherish his/her life more and strive everyday to become a better and a truthful person, and the power of love that transcends human judgment, world understanding and that goes beyond lifetime.

Perhaps, many would view that it is only Jin Kang’s love that saved Moo Young from a life of lost and darkness. But for me, MY’s love for JK has also saved her. MY is a person who is imprisoned from the labels and judgments that the world throws at him but JK saved him from such imprisonment. She is able to see right through him whatever the circumstances.  However, I believe that JK’s life had also been somehow a life of imprisonment, a life where she cannot be completely honest with herself and her feelings. But MY has also somehow freed her from that imprisonment that she built upon herself and taught her to be truthful about her feelings. MY is someone who generally does not think about other people but JK changed him thus for once in his life, he has genuinely loved and cared for a human being. On the other hand, JK is someone who always puts other people’s feelings first even to her own detriment but MY also changed her. She learnt that there are times when you also have to think of yourself first so that you may also experience life at its most beautiful and at its finest.

Also, I believe that it can also be viewed in the light of the siblings’ love between JG and JK. As for Jin Gook, it is because of his love and the love that he receives from JK that has saved him from giving up on his life. It’s been his source of strength to continue living on despite of his very dark past. As for JK, as she has said in a previous episode, it is his brother’s love that saves her from seeing herself as a person with nothing to a person who actually values into something.

As painful as it may be, but as I see it, this drama will inevitably have to lead to a tragic end. As much as I wish for an endless happy ending, but for me, having such kind of ending will not be in accordance with the seamless flow and overarching melancholic vibe of the story. For me, watching Moo Young and Jin Kang’s love story unfolds is probably the most beautiful, the most moving, and the most genuine portrayal in the history of Korean melodrama. But along with that beauty is the feeling they invoke in me that their love story is unfortunately not meant to last in this world. Their love story is just so beautiful that theirs do not belong to this world but perhaps in a world far more beautiful, perhaps in the beautiful world of the stars where they originally came from.  Maybe, some of you may say that I am just being overly romantic, but that’s how I see it and  feel about it. And besides, even in our real world, it is sometimes not the length of the love story that counts. It’s the depth and genuineness of that story.

P.S. Kindly, I’m not saying that people should stop from wishing for a happy end. All of us are always entitled to our own wishes and interpretations. My writings are merely based on my own personal musings and reflections about the drama that I wish to share with you.:)

AND OHHH @piekeboeboe Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate it. Also, thank you for the pictures. I'm so moved over and over again by Moo Young and Seo In Guk is superbly nailing his character. Again, THANK YOU for the appreciation!!!:)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, teachermok said:

7 hours ago, aisling said:

I’m not any wiser after reading this. What do you guys think?

Well... even if they turn out to be the siblings... they’re still the ultimate OTP for me. They fell in love not knowing that and as a viewer their love moved my heart even though the ending might traumatise me for life.

The only thing that I’d hate to see is

Reveal hidden contents

Jin Kang killing Moo Young without knowing the truth. That would be just too much for me to bear. 

In the original version Yuko though Ryo only used her to get a revenge on her brother, right? That he never loved her?

But in K-version Moo Young told her repeatedly that he didn’t remember anything before age 5, so I really hope JK wouldn’t think that he approached her with an ulterior motive in his. No, that would be just too much for me. If she killed him thinking he never loved her and only used her. If she killed him in order to protect JG only then to realise it wa JG’s fault from the very beginning.

That ending would scar me for life. 

As to the article, I'm not sure what to think. It is indeed a very unusual move, but I believe the ratings for the drama have been low in South Korea? For me, the article seems to be hinting that the ending won't contain incest, which a lot of potential viewers were concerned about.  It also seems to be hinting that perhaps there won't be death at the end, but I'm not sure since "overcoming" emotional trauma  through "the power of love" doesn't necessarily mean a person won't die in the end. However, for me the article seems to want to reassure potential viewers that the ending won't be all death and destruction.  I think the article is a publicity ploy to get more people to watch the drama and increase ratings by trying to reassure viewers that there won't be incest, and while there may be sadness, the ending will also contain some hope. For the first time, I'm thinking that there may be a chance for our OTP to survive, but I may just be kidding myself.  At any rate, the article does seem to hint that the ending will not be as extreme as the Japan ending.

Spoilers here as I talk about Japan ending:

Spoiler

Ok so, the Japan ending was very extreme as we had 2 very shocking reveals. 1) That Ryo and Yuko were blood related siblings, and Kanzo had actually shot both Yuko's and Ryo's father, then he wanted to adopt both of the children to atone, but Ryo ran away from the hospital after losing his memories, and was never found by Kanzo.  Once Ryo found out the truth, then he became determined that Yuko should never know they were blood siblings and that they had committed incest. After all, just hours before he realized the truth, Yuko had said she wanted to get married and have his child.  

He met Woo Sang's sister for the last time and at that meeting WS sister character told Ryo she knew he and Yuko were siblings. She threatened to tell Yuko everything, so Ryo shot her and killed her to keep her quiet.  He then goes on the run, and tries to hide out in the cabin by the lake.

2) Second shocking incident: Yuko finds out Kanzo shot Ryo's dad. She then believes that he only approached her because he wanted to use her to get close to Kanzo and get revenge for his father's death. That he never loved her and lied to her continuously throughout their relationship. I think she also believed Ryo was going to possibly kill Kanzo. Somehow she finds Ryo at the cabin. She confronts him and accuses him of using her for revenge and never loving her. In order to protect her from knowing the truth of the incest as well as fact that Kanzo killed her father, Ryo lies and says yes, he used her for revenge and never loved her, so this will push her away from him. Yuko tells Ryo she will protect her brother Kanzo from him and kills Ryo. Then Yuko is overcome with remorse, and kills herself. Kanzo arrives at the cabin but it is too late and both are dead. 

The double whammy of actual incest, combined with Yuko murder-suicide was very impactful ending, but also very extreme ending.  I think that even if we have a sad ending to the drama, it will not be Jin Kang committing a murder-suicide.  If Jin Kang and/or Moo Young have to die, the death will happen in a different way. And I'm pretty sure from what I've seen in the episodes combined with that article that there isn't going to be incest reveal. 

@aisling  I also hope that we don't see Ryo lying to Jin Kang that he never loved her in this version. The main reason for the lies in J version was so that Yuko never found out about the incest, since the truth was Kanzo had killed not just Ryo's Dad but Yuko's Dad too. 

I just hope we don't see a senario where Moo Young mistakenly believes that he and Jin Kang are blood siblings, and then we find out later after people die that is not true and they are not blood related but of course it's too late.

@April Twilights You make some good points in your post. Unfortunately, I also have the feeling that you are correct and we will see a sad ending, but I'm holding out a small hope that it will not be a total destruction of the OTP.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@Table122000 thank you for having summarized the japanese ending, however, 

Spoiler

If i am not wrong in the end he tells yuko that he doesn't know what love means but he loved her. So it was a confession but in the end It seemed like Yuko didn't believe that. 

This korean version for me is a better piece of work, it has more characterization and i love the fact that MY/JK story is better portrayed, less insane than its original version. I like JK more, we see as she falls in love with him. In the j version, Yuko seems more infatuated with him, i don't really get to feel the passionate and crazy love that she has for him. The korean version works better for me also thanks to the brillian acting that we are witnessing episode after episode. JSM and SIG need more recognition.

I don't know what to expect because so far we have all the elements to think that they are siblings.

What I don't understand is why the doctor let him go when he knew he had a sister. If it was so he is also responsable of their separation. There must be something from this man past (MY father) much more scary than we think. 

Talking about the article, the production knows that we are going crazy over the incest thing. 

My question is for you members, have you ever seen a remake where the ending was completely different?

• Like 9

A beautiful love story like this, well done and brilliant in many aspects make me think there's an alternate story behind the scars JK and MY have since childhood. I don't think they are blood related. Maybe they were adopted together but i think they are not sibilings at all.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, jujuls said:

@Table122000 thank you for having summarized the japanese ending, however, 

Reveal hidden contents

If i am not wrong in the end he tells yuko that he doesn't know what love means but he loved her. So it was a confession but in the end It seemed like Yuko didn't believe that. 

This korean version for me is a better piece of work, it has more characterization and i love the fact that MY/JK story is better portrayed, less insane than its original version. I like JK more, we see as she falls in love with him. In the j version, Yuko seems more infatuated with him, i don't really get to feel the passionate and crazy love that she has for him. The korean version works better for me also thanks to the brillian acting that we are witnessing episode after episode. JSM and SIG need more recognition.

I don't know what to expect because so far we have all the elements to think that they are siblings.

What I don't understand is why the doctor let him go when he knew he had a sister. If it was so he is also responsable of their separation. There must be something from this man past (MY father) much more scary than we think. 

Talking about the article, the production knows that we are going crazy over the incest thing. 

My question is for you members, have you ever seen a remake where the ending was completely different?

Yes, you are correct about the Japan version. I forgot about that as it has been a long time since I saw the Japan drama. I guess I'll need to do a rewatch of the Japan version to prepare myself for a possible sad ending. 

As to remakes, the only remake I have seen where the ending was completely different is Tempted/The Great Seducer, which was based on the book "Les Liasons Dangereuses". The ending to that drama was completely different from the book ending and also different from the film "Cruel Intentions"ending , which was also inspired by the book. The Korean version was heavily influenced by "Cruel Intentions" movie as well as the original source book.

• Like 8

@April Twilights What a beautiful piece you wrote, you are so good with your words. Up until episode 5-6 I was in “as tragic and epic ending as possible” camp but that was before JSM and SIG brought their A+++ game to their onscreen relationship. I’ve been watching k-dramas for ten years now and I have to say not many dramas dare to go whhere 100MSFTS is heading. Most of dramas like to portray innocent first loves, so it’s refreshing to see two people in love who are so passionate about each other. When the casting was announced I was delighted because both of SIG and JSM are my favourite actors but they still blew my mind away with their commitment and chemistry.

@Table122000 Just by reading your summary makes me want to cry. I’m a really emotional type who can easily cry even for fictional characters. If the K-version follows the original trajectory I’m doomed because I don’t know how I’ll even recover from something like that. 

I can’t help but pity MY. How cruelly the fate treats him. Not only he’s an orphan with a traumatic past, but if the only person he loves in this whole world turns out to be his biological sister... then no wonder million stars will fall from the sky. Not only they committed the sin of incest but also... He loves her romantically with all his might... how can he change it to sibling affection?

• Like 9

I shift from "there's still hope for a happy ending" to "we are doomed".

I'm reflecting upon the official statement in particular We are putting constant thought into drawing an ending that truly highlights the underlying theme (love) portrayed through the drama, while also displaying the original work’s strengths.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2