Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

3 minutes ago, aisling said:

Do you guys know when JSM and SIG duet will be released? What’s the name of the song?

The title of the song is “Stars, Us” and it will be released on November 8.

please correct me if I got the wrong info 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

The only finding he really hid was of MY under the umbrella and he was right about it at that moment and eventually too

or are you talking about something else?

And what is wrong with that.. that hunch got him to snoop around him and as time will tell, his snooping was/is legit

Otherwise, very conviniently world would have charged the boyfriend with murder and hung an innocent person

That's what i meant when i said, when you do something for a long time, you develop an intuition. Better you are at your job, better will be your intuition. If you try and gather concrete evidence to confirm or reject that intuition- that's method. If you blindly accept it or reject it without proof is stupidity.

linked to above point

When would he have seen it? We have been privy to all scenes.. whenever JG met YR, we were there. THere is no background scene. And there isn't enough to notice that or take that as sole point of relation. He can't start walking down the road and keep adding left handed men to his list of suspects.

again linked to above points

A bad cop would have really just gone ahead, implanted wrong evidence or miscontrued evidence in others eyes to frame the guy he thinks is wrong. JG actually shows, despite his very very very strong hunch, he still keeps finding concrete proof and look that's how he got the right killer..he wasn't lax when it came to job despite his personal feelings (his sister's involvement and removing the guy from her life, CR whom he really likes and could have helped his promotion by making him catch this guy and close the case asap, his own ego of sniffing the culprit out just because a syou say he didn't like him).. Nope

and this is the beauty in story telling. Writer/ MY plays with you too. Audience is also made to feel how misunderstood the hero is and this cop is after him. Everyone is convinced that MY has nothing to do with this except for the police officer and like in every story, we are convinced that we will find out in the end that MY is innocent and JG as police officer was wrongly suspecting him.

But then, all of a sudden you are told, its you (including other characters) were jumping to conclusion. Trying to fit him into your fairytale. It was other characters stressing and trying to relax around MY based on their biased opinions whereas all this time JG was actually right. Given what he said of MY, ultimately , all said and done, MY did turn YR into a murderer. THat is her 1st murder.

MY is like an unstable ion.. it exists.. and seeks attachment .. that's basic human nature like survival mode. The moment that attachment will come in life, he will be the one who will become emotionally dependent and easy to manipulate. JK will never be that person. She on the other hand can cut off ties very easily - her brother, MY... when it comes to it, and given whatever we have seen of her, she can be fairly ruthless.

CR- it didn't take her a minute to decide playing him and dumping him. Just because she makes a sad face doesn't mean she didn't know what she was doing.

SA - just because she cries on the funeral day doesn't mean she didn't know true importance of SA in her life, which is NULL. SA was never important.

JG - he is her brother and she loves him, but it is ample clear that her own opinion will always triumph his

MY - she likes him, she is with him. If tomorrow, she wants to call it off, she will leaving MY stranded

And JK is the actual calm person. Not cool or logical but calm. MY on the other hand is not calm. He is logical, yes and very intelligent and plans his steps well but he is not calm. THere are so many suppressed emotions that keep finding new targets for his "revenge"

Otherwise, ask this question - what is his revenge against? he doesn't /didn't remember what happened to family. He thought his dad abandoned him. All kids in orphanage have that story so you are not unique. The thing that could hurt him was being away from his sister, whom he clearly loved more than anything, because even today his subconscious is looking or recognizes "youger sister" in some girls (JK, YR)

Meh. Seems like you generally don't get what I'm talking about, so.. *shrugs*. Though i have to say:

- First things first, I don't think his hunch is really intuition/gut feeling per se. I think it's plain and simple projection. His subconscious remembers MY from the orphanage days, and because of that unpleasant shooting incident which MY was witness to. It is all tied up as a bad memory which is why he finds MY to be "familiar but in a bad feeling sort of way". Consciously, he seems to be repressing all of those memories as much as he can. In fact, I won't be too surprised either that he's acting so hostile towards MY for no reason cause of his over-compensation for the guilt he feels over the shooting and MY's subsequent burns. 

-  And it's one thing to go on a hunch and investigate based on that and it's another thing to immediately assume a person is a suspect based off a hunch and to fit things/evidence around that narrative. Which is what JG is doing with MY. A good cop also uses elimination with all his suspects to find the right guy. Right now, his main suspects YR and MY are both left handed, but despite this, his reaction to YR is like "oh yeah.. she's also left handed". Whereas with MY, it's like "hell yeah he's left handed, he surely must be the suspect, let's find more stuff to prove this assumption right!". He seems to be happy giving YR plenty of space and a chance to prove her side of things, but with MY, JG never gave him any sort of chance whatsoever ever since he got it into his head that MY is bad, based off a hunch; and he's all out to get MY arrested and tried for the case, just cause he doesn't personally like the guy. And that is exactly what I am talking about. 

- "A bad cop would have really just gone ahead, implanted wrong evidence or miscontrued evidence in others eyes to frame the guy he thinks is wrong". Nope. Do you really think that's all a bad cop does? Bad cops comes in so many different forms and jumping into conclusions/being biased cause of some intuition u have/getting emotionally over-reactive instead of objective is also one form. And that's JG for you. His way of handling a case based off his emotions and going over to people's houses to manhandle them (punching MY, roughly shaking YR after the accident) is not in any way an example of a good cop. I'd have to say that, in comparison, though he seems smarter than his team-mates, at least they are shown to do things properly and not going around rough-housing suspects. It's not a surprise at all that he got demoted in the team and again, I won't be surprised at all if he accidentally killed MY's relative or whatever back then based off some emotionally-induced bias that he has in his head. I won't be a least bit surprised. 

- Also, I don't need you to explain what intuition or job experience is, to me. 

Anyway it's not that deep, so we will just agree to disagree.

• Like 5

@stroppyseThanks much! And oh yeah, dongsaeng could either mean a younger boy or a girl. I did not pay attention to the audio anymore and merely based on the translation. Oh my gosh! Then it's really keeping me on my toes as to whether they will really follow that path.

@aislingTrue! They could indeed make such a big twist from such kind of uncertainty of the dongsaeng. It could be my saddest heartbreak in the history of Kdrama. And now  I also remember that scene when she asked him as to how come did he say that it's the 4th time already. Ohhy my poor heart! But the drawing is giving me hope that they could change the ending from the J-version based on the fact that they changed it from 3 to 4. If I'm not mistaken? I just think that it is from the drawing that they can always make a big twist, whether they  comply to the J-version or not.

But combining my deductions from yesterday and today, then the big twist could be (assuming that they do not follow the J-version), MY's father killed JK's father while JG killed MY's father? It could still be a good explanation why JG could never approve of their relationship. If the dongsaeng whom MY calls turns out to be JK, could there be a backstory that she is adopted or some of that sort?

JG's fear and worried expressions is just really making me start to worry as well. XD Thus, with all their romance for the latest episode, I am really now so into the "PLEASE CHANGE THE ENDING" cry among the fans. Hehehe!

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, April Twilights said:

@lightbringer06 I'm super.. as in super "KILIG" to the highest level, when they were playing it as MY and JK's background for their scenes. Hahaha! Ohh my gosh! I'm so happy, I can write such word since that completely describes my feeling and I'm happy knowing that someone can understand me. Haha!

Ikr! Ha ha...that's the best description in our own language "kilig to the max"^^. I'm glad they did a duet, that's a bonus for us :D.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m getting increasingly frustrated with JG. He started as a nice decent guy and is turning out to be a selfish coward.

Let’s say that JG’s almost sure MY is the missing boy and if MY and JK are really siblings, he’s letting both of them fall into a hell. Just because he doesn’t want to reveal that he killed JK and MY’s father he’s letting them to commit one of the biggest sins. Like how does JG think things will end when JK founds our she slept with her biological brother?

This is why I start to hate JG, if he confessed the whole truth to JK when he started suspect MY, things could’ve gone differently.

I was one of those who wanted a tragic ending to be remembered but now that I see them being so happy and in love... my heart is bleeding for them... 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, aisling said:

I’m getting increasingly frustrated with JG. He started as a nice decent guy and is turning out to be a selfish coward.

Let’s say that JG’s almost sure MY is the missing boy and if MY and JK are really siblings, he’s letting both of them fall into a hell. Just because he doesn’t want to reveal that he killed JK and MY’s father he’s letting them to commit one of the biggest sins. Like how does JG think things will end when JK founds our she slept with her biological brother?

This is why I start to hate JG, if he confessed the whole truth to JK when he started suspect MY, things could’ve gone differently.

I was one of those who wanted a tragic ending to be remembered but now that I see them being so happy and in love... my heart is bleeding for them... 

If THIS is what JG is hiding, I will truly never forgive him. No matter what monster he may be battling, he was told several times by YR and he could see himself, MY's growing fascination with JK and the other way around. Yet he stayed quiet. And I doubt JK will forgive him either. As much as she loves him, no BECAUSE of how much she loves him. 

For his sake and our sanity he better be keeping quiet about something else entirely. PD-nim...chaebal. 

• Like 5

I dont' think they are sibilings... As much as the original plot is about incest i don't see it in this version. Their love is sincere and natural. As viewer i don't think korean audience will forgive pd for the love story and bed scene between a brother and a sister!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

I dont' think they are sibilings... As much as the original plot is about incest i don't see it in this version. Their love is sincere and natural. As viewer i don't think korean audience will forgive pd for the love story and bed scene between a brother and a sister!

All the hints are pointing to them being siblings, but it’d be a great plot twist from PD to come up with something else.

But I somehow can’t see this show ending happily.

• Like 4

Guys, Are you Ok (after Ep.10)? 

I did not over with Ep.9 yet and then Ep.10! This show give me surprising in every episode. 
Everytime after Episode end, I thought "This is it!", And they can not be more surprise but still, its keep coming.

I wonder,What come next? that going to make surprise again.
I wish they maintain the great show till Final.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, aisling said:

Apparently episode 10 hit record low  Is it just too dark for domestic audience?

I too just check at rating a minute ago.

I think PD is so brave and confident to choose to do remake of this drama.
Jversion is big and (so called) legend. I did watch til Ep4 and I stop. I don't like.

All plot are already answered and show in Jversion.

I saw most of comments of whom watched Jversion.They will wait till Final episode or After they know that ending is different then they will start watch Kversion.

For me Kversion is different, production is beautiful and these two special OTP.

I find exciting to wacth Kversion, to feel unsure of what will end.

Glad, I found this thread. 

• Like 5

I still have some hope that this will have a different ending than the J-version (at least after watching 10 eps)  for the ff. reasons:

1.) As many people have pointed out, the conservative Korean society (same back home). UNLESS, the team is really willing to make the boldest move in the history of Kdrama. But of course, such historical move is accompanied with its repercussions and backlash for the whole cast and to the network. Questions such as: How could they depict such kind of a story? How could they accept such roles? It may just be a drama but then, we all know that as audience, just like the Korean audience, we also sometimes get too personal and too involved with our ethical and moral views. In fact, the latest episode, for which most of us have all been rejoicing for and considered as our favorite, has received the lowest rating all throughout the current running of this drama in Korea. I think, it just shows how much unacceptable and unimaginable the J-version ending is for them.

2.) I do not know if it's just me. But again as I've previously said, the fact that they changed the drawing. I think, they have been generally faithful to the essence of the original plot but that drawing makes a big difference. Thus, from it, they can really make another big twist. I'm not sure and perhaps, I'm just mistaken. But the drawing gives me a little hope. The picture could be: Moo Young and his father and Jin Kang with his father. 

3.) Again, as I've previously mentioned, it can also be that JK'S father killed MY's father then JG killed JK's father. Or the other way around, MY's father (as he was depicted as a notorious criminal) killed JK's father, then JK was adopted or that he was childhood friends with MY while JG killed MY's father (JG all this while believing that they have the same father). Just like some of you, I am also quite a little dismayed now with JG's actions though I also understand of what he's afraid of. But I mean, don't tell me, all throughout the coming 6 episodes, he will just be keeping it a secret and wishing just like us that it's not the case, when all his intuitions tell him otherwise already and when he is in a position to ascertain the truth already? He's a police officer. He can think of many ways esp. these days such as secretly conducting a DNA test or whatsoever instead of just opposing the relationship. For if not, then it would be quite unrealistic for me.  But again, viewing it from another side, it could be because it's not really incestous but still somehow forbidden, for the reason that one parent kills the other's parent. 

4.) Worst comes to worst, at first, they will show the same ending as with the J-version. But then, after that tragic ending, they will show us audience a backstory that what the characters believe is true is not entirely true such as that Jin Kang is adopted or some sort that would let us know that the relationship is not incestous after all. It would still be a very tragic ending for the characters and for us but at least, it will somehow lighten our load knowing that we can still celebrate their romance though it may be a tragic love story. And just like most of you, I doubt that this version will deviate from the melancholic feels of the original story since making it beautifully heartbreaking, I believe, is the essence of this drama (though I'm not yet prepared for it). But again, I still vouch that they could change it into a non-incestous one.

5.) The fact that at this point in time, they seem to be leading us that it will follow the J-version. But as we all know, this version is so so good in breaking our assumptions and going beyond our expectations. 

OHHH MY! I keep on inventing stories again and I've written a lot again. Am I the writer? I'm so sorry. Some of you may have been irritated already of my "inventions" and "novelistic" comments. I just can't avoid it. It's the same as I was watching, "My Mister". It's as if I have fountain of words so much so that I just can't help but express it in writing. But still, thank you especially to those who are keeping up with me.

P.S. Now I understand, why some fans are saying, "I'm breaking my plasma tv if they turn out to be siblings" or "I'm going to sue TVN" and so on. Haha! It's funny but you see, somehow after watching Ep. 10, I dare say that we can understand more where they're coming from. Wish we can keep our hope burning! :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, redmists said:

Meh. Seems like you generally don't get what I'm talking about, so.. *shrugs*. Though i have to say:

You are right because no matter how i see it, i see you doing the same thing as you claim JG did - form a biased opinion based on feels.

- First things first, I don't think his hunch is really intuition/gut feeling per se. I think it's plain and simple projection. His subconscious remembers MY from the orphanage days, and because of that unpleasant shooting incident which MY was witness to. It is all tied up as a bad memory which is why he finds MY to be "familiar but in a bad feeling sort of way". Consciously, he seems to be repressing all of those memories as much as he can. In fact, I won't be too surprised either that he's acting so hostile towards MY for no reason cause of his over-compensation for the guilt he feels over the shooting and MY's subsequent burns. 

:) if that were the case, he would be feeling the same way towards JK..and this isn't even a spoiler. 

-  And it's one thing to go on a hunch and investigate based on that and it's another thing to immediately assume a person is a suspect based off a hunch and to fit things/evidence around that narrative. Which is what JG is doing with MY. A good cop also uses elimination with all his suspects to find the right guy. Right now, his main suspects YR and MY are both left handed, but despite this, his reaction to YR is like "oh yeah.. she's also left handed". Whereas with MY, it's like "hell yeah he's left handed, he surely must be the suspect, let's find more stuff to prove this assumption right!". He seems to be happy giving YR plenty of space and a chance to prove her side of things, but with MY, JG never gave him any sort of chance whatsoever ever since he got it into his head that MY is bad, based off a hunch; and he's all out to get MY arrested and tried for the case, just cause he doesn't personally like the guy. And that is exactly what I am talking about. 

what? i really can't fit the narrative to your argument.

From what i saw, JG feels off about MY, starts investigating, finds out he has excellent memory, he is convinced of his doubt, and find LYR for more evidence. That's when he discovers she is left handed.. the moment he realized she is LH, he has been pursuing her as the perpetrator. With MY, now his issue is not murder per se but something else. and it isn't that he didn't try being nice to him.. but JG sees what others refuse to.

And ep 9 is so in your face obvious. THe guy genuinely wanted YR to seek her redemption. He ain't innocent.

And i agree to your point when you say he is so much more cautious and skeptical of MY because he recognizes MY is just so much more dangerous than YR can ever be and how she is manipulated. 

I subscribe to this view that experience teaches you things subconsciously, and guess that is the main point of contention in your pov and mine.

- Also, I don't need you to explain what intuition or job experience is, to me. 

if being rude is your defense mechanism to put forth your view.. go ahead.. suit yourself.

Anyway it's not that deep, so we will just agree to disagree.

deepness is also subjective and relative.. so yea whatever.. doesn't break or make lives here..

• Like 2

Chapter 11: The Kiss is out.

Check it out here.

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1371103/a-hundred-million-stars-falling-from-the-sky-mystery-romance-thriller

I was crying throughout episode 10. It's so so heartbreaking.

@Table122000  Thanks for the kind words, and I'm really happy that you're enjoying it. Still torn up over episode 10.

• Like 3

Midway through episode 10 finally and...WHY IS EVERYONE SO DETERMINED TO MAKE HIM INTO THE MONSTER THEY THINK HE IS. 

MY is trying, trying so hard to be good for JK. But then you have that witchy "we can never be human" sister. You can see how he is trying to not let her words affect him. and JG!!! MY has a chance to be better but you just won't give it to him! JG keeps pushing him to be that monster and :tears:

• Like 6