Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Hundred Million Stars From the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, 하늘에서 내리는 1억 개의 별

I’m literally playing over and over the “teach me how” scene, i haven’t seen the episode yet because i am waiting for the subs but omg he killed me, his eyes, his voice daebak.

I swear to god if he doesn’t win at least an award for this role.....:scream:

• Like 9

4 hours ago, AlexandraReid said:

3. [+105,-3]
Today's episode was another legend. ㅜㅜ

+1

Today's episode was another legend!!!

Every moment the MY and JK together, Even they are not same frame, when they thinking of each other and "Teach me"
Oh my heart ... Wait i'll take a deep breath. ^__^"

DW6PDY4.jpg
MY "Have you seen my cat?"
:wub:

P1S6Oa5.jpg

MY: "Then ask questions. Ask me anything. Anything you want to know

oJkyFKv.jpg

JK: " I don't trust you"
MY: 

Me:   :bawling:

nv68en4.jpg

JK: "I don't want you to be a jerk"

kNp7NvI.jpg

THESE TWO
I LOVE THEM SO MUCH AND ITS HURT 

• Like 15

Quote(s) of the night:

"Are you scared of me?"

- Moo Young to Jin Kang

"Teach me how."

- Moo Young to Jin Kang

Tonight's episode seemed quite slow paced...in terms of romance. But it really picked up on what really happened prior to the night of the murder. It also gave us an insight to what led to MY and Yu Ri's actions that night.

But CR...felt slightly bad for him :( he genuinely liked JK and thought she did too but well...I'm glad she broke it off now. There's clearly no turning back for JK now. She's helplessly in love with MY. That bicycle ride scene where it just leads her to the police station. Beautiful.

Also OUCH! JK telling MY she's scared of him and doesn't trust AND doesn't wanna understand him hit me in the feels!! His face :tears: and Lord knows what was going through his mind after she told him that. He looked broken. 

Rooftop scene. Another one lol. Again...his face when he saw her. He's almost at her mercy at this point! His fastened pace when he was walking towards her (again the details) and that crack in his voice when he asked her to teach him how to be a better person. Just everything about that scene was on point.

Tomorrow seems to be THAT one episode full of romance and cuteness and usually that's when everything else goes downhill after.

JK's brother being the same old buzzkill.

But yay we get to see MY and JK smiling again!!

PS. When are they going to release that OST?? Y'all know which one I'm talking bout!

• Like 11

This drama is simply killing the history of Kdrama and I love it! All throughout this episode, I just feel so sorry and sad for Moo Young. Tears did not fall from my eyes but I am crying my heart out for him. Now I understand what Seo In Guk said in one of his interviews, that people call MY as evil and as a monster. But the truth is, the more you know him and the closer you get to him, the more you realize that he is just an extremely sad character. He is so sad to the point that he does not care anymore about his life (such as the case with Seung Ah's accident) or his freedom (such as when he instantly admitted the murder although it's a lie). To do such things without any hesitation, to allow people to misunderstand you and thus, mistreat you in the worst way possible, and to just exist in this world without even living, he must be an immeasurably sad person. He had gone astray and i really really pity him for being so sad and lost in this world. Thus, when he told Jin Kang, "Then, teach me". I almost shouted because of joy. I hope JK will be able to really see right through him this time and that though her, MY will finally be able to break the walls in his heart. JK's conversation with her brother was also filled with so much words to reflect on especially with the way we judge people so easily in this world. I was so moved when she said, "Why is it that he cannot renew? Why is it that he cannot be given a chance? Why is it that everybody can while he can't?" I know some may disagree with me but I really find MY a good person in his own way. It is just that when he does something good, he either does it in secret or when people find out about it, he just simply brush it off believing that it doesn't amount to anything and acting as if he is just forced to do it. On the other hand, when he does something bad, he doesn't mind even when people exaggerates his wrongdoing or when people misunderstand him. He doesn't bother to explain himself even to the point of telling lies. 

ALSO, of course in this episode, MY and JK's chemistry as expected is always off the charts. In here, I also realized how much loving someone can do to a person so much so that MY wishes to change for at least once in his life while JK is willing to fight for him even against all odds. Every scene with their presence or even when they are just thinking about each other just makes me feel as if I'm inlove also. But my favorite are these ones:  1.)When he waited for her just right after being released from jail. She was the first person he wanted to see after having reflected while thinking about her, that he was an idiot for admitting to a crime that he didn't commit. It was so cute that he even pretended at first that he was merely looking for his cat. But then, all he heard was rejection and indeed that was so cold of JK. Although I knew that JK was merely pretending and I also understand her, but that scene was really really sad. Their conversation was just so emotional especially on the part of MY. For the first time, he wished to be understood by someone (" I didn't kill her.")  and he really wanted to open up his heart to her (" Ask me anything. Anything you want to know".). The words that he spoke to Jin Kang really cut deep into my heart. I almost cried. 2.) And of course, the last scene is beyond words. The plead and kindness in MY's eyes especially when he asked JK to teach him to be a good person, really, who would not fall in love further with SIG in that scene? 

AS TO THE BACKSTORY OF MY'S FATHER, I was thinking that perhaps, they could really not be brothers and sisters in this version (or perhaps this is just my wishful thinking) . The girl in the past always call him "Kim Moo Young", Koreans always address their sibling as oppa or another name for a younger one. Or is my assumption wrong? But then, in the preview, Tak said that if MY is the young boy, then, they shouldn't be seeing each other. Thus, now I go back again to the question, why is it that their love is is a forbidden one? Is it really because they are siblings? But then, assuming that they are really not siblings, what could be the other possible reason that they cannot be together? Could it possibly be that JG wasn't the one who killed MY's father but rather, JK'S father? The flashback is still unclear as to whom MY saw as the man who killed his father thus, my imagination is super working again. This is interesting!

P.S. JSM is so natural with her acting as always and of course SIG is always incomparable. But what I like most about him is that, he really really knows how to express his emotions just with the look in his eyes. I've never seen a Korean actor do that other than him. How I wish both of them receive the credit that they deserve for as I have been repeatedly saying, their unparalleled chemistry is just so on point that unlike other Korean couples (even the most popular ones), they don't have to do anything to fill the air with romance. Nothing! No need for cheesy anything! Their mere presence on screen together is already enough to give me a heart attack. Thank you and congratulations if you got to read up to the end of my post. HAHA! :) 

• Like 13

April Twilights and Blademan already beautifully expressed all the love and feelings I had for this episode so I won't repeat it, but something I wanted to add was I really enjoyed the last scene after JK told MY to promise her he's become a good person, there was a really long pause before he responded, most likely to heighten the tension for viewers. But to me, it felt like MY was struggling to find the most accurate answer because he is always so darn honest with JK. He didn't just say "okay" or "I don't know how" or "I'll try." With his one phrase of "Teach me how," it embodied the full truth that not only did he not know how to be a good person, but he was willing to give it a try just for her. I love, love, love his openness and honesty with JK.

Having said that though, if the JP ending version is to be followed, I have a feeling his honesty will backfire once he tries to become the noble idiot and actually tells a lie, but of course JK thinks it's the truth, and yadayadayada...anyways, shouldn't jump to conclusions.

I like how I'm not the only one who is super excited to see them play out a normal couple in the next episode but then terribly frightened that the crap is gonna hit the fan in the following episodes. Us kdrama fans know the trajectory of a typical drama plotline all too well, lol. Oh well, I guess that just means we'll really have to savor all the sweet moments in ep 10 then!

• Like 8

7 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Happy Wednesday!

Ok! I believe you! Do you like it so far? :D 

@lightbringer06 I'm watching Episode 1! :).

You mean this drama? Yes, I absolutely do! :D Definitely my cup of tea, these kinds of dramas. :kiss_wink: So, what do you think so far?^^

Okay, so as everyone above me eloquently described the episode, I concur. Haven't watched the whole episode yet with subs but just on the clips that I've seen and reading all your comments, I can already feel the emotions. Best OTP moments are always on the rooftop, really.. ha ha. And that last scene, that hit everyone, I'm pretty sure ^_^ (I even thought MY wants to hug JK when he briskly walk towards JK but then had to stop because JK talked..lol). So I was right to predict that the date would be ep. 10, and now the real angst will start to begin as well. Sigh...now we have to enjoy the episode tonight then. Agree with @MidnightRain, she's now in the middle b/w her brother and MY. We know she really cares/loves his brother but when it comes to MY, she always tries to defend him. So this ain't looking good. We all know for those who've watched the Jversion...

Spoiler

Yuko shot Ryo just to protect his brother, and without even knowing the truth by then. Would JK go that far as well just to protect his brother? 

Sooo excited how this will all play out in the end^-^.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

. Best OTP moments are always on the rooftop, really..

Now that you mention it...Oh yeah, that rooftop! the best Ines the best expressions, the  sadness, pain, the mystery, Yuri suicide attempt, Moo Young Jin Kook confrontation, Moo Young Jin Kang vague expression of love and hope. That rooftop defines a lot of the scenes.

3 hours ago, April Twilights said:

This drama is simply killing the history of Kdrama and I love it! All throughout this episode, I just feel so sorry and sad for Moo Young. Tears did not fall from my eyes but I am crying my heart out for him. Now I understand what Seo In Guk said in one of his interviews, that people call MY as evil and as a monster. But the truth is, the more you know him and the closer you get to him, the more you realize that he is just an extremely sad character. He is so sad to the point that he does not care anymore about his life (such as the case with Seung Ah's accident) or his freedom (such as when he instantly admitted the murder although it's a lie). To do such things without any hesitation, to allow people to misunderstand you and thus, mistreat you in the worst way possible, and to just exist in this world without even living, he must be an immeasurably sad person. He had gone astray and i really really pity him for being so sad and lost in this world. Thus, when he told Jin Kang, "Then, teach me". I almost shouted because of joy. I hope JK will be able to really see right through him this time and that though her, MY will finally be able to break the walls in his heart. JK's conversation with her brother was also filled with so much words to reflect on especially with the way we judge people so easily in this world. I was so moved when she said, "Why is it that he cannot renew? Why is it that he cannot be given a chance? Why is it that everybody can while he can't?" I know some may disagree with me but I really find MY a good person in his own way. It is just that when he does something good, he either does it in secret or when people find out about it, he just simply brush it off believing that it doesn't amount to anything and acting as if he is just forced to do it. On the other hand, when he does something bad, he doesn't mind even when people exaggerates his wrongdoing or when people misunderstand him. He doesn't bother to explain himself even to the point of lying. 

Thank you! I read  the whole post and  you define exactly Moo Young character. The ones that I highlight, that is how he is throughout.  He doesn't care, he doesn't bother.  The times he's had to save Yuri- committing suicide, getting her out of trouble, if he does good things he does, no big deal and if accused of doing something bad even murdering,  that last sentence is exactly who he is, how he is.

So when he said the words "teach me" it pierced out hearts.

Would it be too much to us for  different ending one that is not tragic.

3 hours ago, April Twilights said:

P.S. JSM is so natural with her acting as always and of course SIG is always incomparable. But what I like most about him is that, he really really knows how to express his emotions just with the look in his eyes. I've never seen a Korean actor do that other than him. How I wish both of them receive the credit that they deserve for as I have been repeatedly saying, their unparalleled chemistry is just so on point that unlike other Korean couples (even the most popular ones), they don't have to do anything to fill the air with romance. Nothing! No need for cheesy anything! Their mere presence on screen together is already enough to give me a heart attack. Thank you and congratulations if you got to read up to the end of my post. HAHA!

They have that charisma,  even without dialogues, the eyes speaks. I'm with you, I want for them to be recognized for the good acting. Really impressive acting in this drama.   And yes I read the whole post. I'll wait ore thoughts and analysis from you.

• Like 3

Hello ladies! 

Just some (not so)  quick thoughts; more what I think of the three main characters. 

- Jin Kang is really annoying me. Actually she's been annoying me since ep 5 lol. Only because I want her to admit to herself (and to MY) that she likes him instead of fighting it all. Her constant questioning of his behaviour to his face gets on my nerves. Cause honestly, if someone's moral values bothers u so much, no amount of "confronting" them about it is gonna make them suddenly change. And like I said before, it smells of moral high-horsing, which i dislike to the extreme. You either accept the dude - warped values and all - or you just leave him alone. Stop questioning him/interrogating him about it and then telling him what he should/should not do just to make yourself feel better about yourself. Like how many times has she got to ask him about SeungAh? (referring to previous eps here) esp when he has made it absolutely clear to JK that he has zero feelings for SA and doesnt care what happens to her - dead or not. She can't seem to accept that there are all sorts of people that make this world, and some people just aren't bothered when someone they've spent time with dies. And I think that the only reason why she can't accept his reasoning about things like this is cause she likes him and feels conflicted and extremely bothered that his moral system doesn't match hers. And then her pitying him as a result of that also rubs me the wrong way. Yes, dude is pitiful cause of his childhood, but he doesn't need your pity just cause you think your value system is more superior and "nicer/better" than his.  *rant over* luckily, she has broken up with CR finally, and previews of ep 10 show her in a better light - with her finally enjoying dates with MY.  Though i have a very unsettling feeling that, that might not last. 

- Jin Gook. I've started to officially dislike JG since last week and this week just seals it for me. Not only has he lied to JK all her life, but his biased attitude towards MY is really infuriating. As a police officer, he's supposed to examine suspects and evidence as objectively as possible. But yet he is letting his biases completely affect his judgment. He has from Day One constantly assumed that MY is the murderer because of his complete disdain of the guy - for what reason again? - despite him having no concrete proof whatsoever of his part in the murder. His bias for YR also bothers me so much. You have a girl whose memory and judgment are so marred by drugs - but you'd believe her over anything anyone else says just cause what, you saved her from suicide and she's really pitiful to you? I can't wait for the meltdown when JK finally discovers that he has been lying to her all along. 

- MY. I like him as a complex person, and despite what alot of people say about this dude. I never once thought he was a psychopath or sociopath. With him, it's a case of - we all exhibit varying degrees of behaviour that may co-incide with psychopathic tendencies but that doesn't make one a psychopath. And his behaviours/internal value system might not fit what the majority/society deems as moral but I don't find it immoral either. Which is why I feel so annoyed when JK judges him. The guy just seems to have a very high tolerance level for risk-taking behaviour and a low sense of emotional affection for others. 

• Like 4

Wow, Woo-Sang's sister is something else. She actually makes me feel bad for Woo-Sang, I can't imagine having to grow up around someone like her. I was feeling sad that Woo-Sang is gone (actually, I still am), but she makes a much more interesting villain because she can be unpredictable just like Moo-Young. 

I know Jin-Gook is going to do everything he can to prevent the relationship between Jin-Kang and Moo-Young, but what is Moo-Young going to do? I don't think he's going to stand idly by and let it happen. Dang, I wonder if he's going to go easy on Jin-Gook because he's Jin-Kang's brother, or if it's going to be no mercy? Eesh, this show is so stressful, yet I can't stop watching and re-watching, haha. :lol:

• Like 6

8 hours ago, upapipo said:

Can someone enlighten me, did KMY a mastermind of the murderer's case?

its his justice..

he saw JM as evil and YR to seek justice for herself.. so yes .. he did give her all the ammunition to use when she finds her strength (see she is kind of a weak character in her normal self)

1 hour ago, redmists said:

- Jin Gook. I've started to officially dislike JG since last week and this week just seals it for me. Not only has he lied to JK all her life, but his biased attitude towards MY is really infuriating. As a police officer, he's supposed to examine suspects and evidence as objectively as possible. But yet he is letting his biases completely affect his judgment. He has from Day One constantly assumed that MY is the murderer because of his complete disdain of the guy - for what reason again? - despite him having no concrete proof whatsoever of his part in the murder. His bias for YR also bothers me so much. You have a girl whose memory and judgment are so marred by drugs - but you'd believe her over anything anyone else says just cause what, you saved her from suicide and she's really pitiful to you? I can't wait for the meltdown when JK finally discovers that he has been lying to her all along. 

Not true, on detective front he has been very methodical. He had his reasons at every step to go after the wrong guy.

And even now, when everyone is trying to find excuses for MY's behavior (he doesn't know, moral compass - JK and audience, he didn't do it - Police, LYR - he couldn't do this to me, etc etc)... JG is the only person who is able to see spade for a spade.. he can see how these things are calculated steps and not "I don't know why I do these things"

in the beginning too, he gathered his evidence - memory, etc etc.. and also a person who has been doing his job diligently will have developed an intuition for his job, and he had all the right reasons to be suspicious of this guy.

Lastly, he is not wrong about people and women around MY facing weird situations, he is right about SA, he is scared for JK.. and he already suspects MY to be that kid from the past, he also can see his cold calculative mind.. why wouldn't he warn him and ofcourse its work, he can't give details to JK who will not understand any bit of it and neither is it correct in the professional context

- MY. I like him as a complex person, and despite what alot of people say about this dude. I never once thought he was a psychopath or sociopath. With him, it's a case of - we all exhibit varying degrees of behaviour that may co-incide with psychopathic tendencies but that doesn't make one a psychopath. And his behaviours/internal value system might not fit what the majority/society deems as moral but I don't find it immoral either. Which is why I feel so annoyed when JK judges him. The guy just seems to have a very high tolerance level for risk-taking behaviour and a low sense of emotional affection for others. 

Actually, drama has shown and given ample hints that we are dealing with a man who has very high intelligence, is calculative, emotionally unattached, and is angry though he doesn't have memories of why he is angry. The one thing is he knows, he knows very well why he is doing what he is doing and it is all justified in his mind. When he gets someone killed, he thinks that person deserved it and the killer deserved to be the killer and yes he seeks excitement.

But like every other fairytale, every hyper person needs a stabilizing agent in life and that's where JK ocmes into the picture.

She stabilizes him (and hyper people need more stabilizing aka easy to get emotionally dependent over calm stable ones)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit your previous post instead!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

its his justice..

he saw JM as evil and YR to seek justice for herself.. so yes .. he did give her all the ammunition to use when she finds her strength (see she is kind of a weak character in her normal self)

Not true, on detective front he has been very methodical. He had his reasons at every step to go after the wrong guy.

And even now, when everyone is trying to find excuses for MY's behavior (he doesn't know, moral compass - JK and audience, he didn't do it - Police, LYR - he couldn't do this to me, etc etc)... JG is the only person who is able to see spade for a spade.. he can see how these things are calculated steps and not "I don't know why I do these things"

in the beginning too, he gathered his evidence - memory, etc etc.. and also a person who has been doing his job diligently will have developed an intuition for his job, and he had all the right reasons to be suspicious of this guy.

Lastly, he is not wrong about people and women around MY facing weird situations, he is right about SA, he is scared for JK.. and he already suspects MY to be that kid from the past, he also can see his cold calculative mind.. why wouldn't he warn him and ofcourse its work, he can't give details to JK who will not understand any bit of it and neither is it correct in the professional context

Actually, drama has shown and given ample hints that we are dealing with a man who has very high intelligence, is calculative, emotionally unattached, and is angry though he doesn't have memories of why he is angry. The one thing is he knows, he knows very well why he is doing what he is doing and it is all justified in his mind. When he gets someone killed, he thinks that person deserved it and the killer deserved to be the killer and yes he seeks excitement.

But like every other fairytale, every hyper person needs a stabilizing agent in life and that's where JK ocmes into the picture.

She stabilizes him (and hyper people need more stabilizing aka easy to get emotionally dependent over calm stable ones)

I disagree on JG. Cause so far he has been anything BUT methodical to me. He has hunches and intuitions on things, especially with MY. And he just goes on his intuition, in quite a haphazard manner imo. He wanted to include CR but then excludes him from key findings. He got nothing concrete to go on with MY ever since the begining, just that he got a "weird feeling around him". Like so? Yes, he finds clues at the murder scene but instead of establishing an alibi or going with "innocent until proven guilty", he immediately treats MY like a suspect, just cause the guy gives him a bad feeling. And with YR, if he was really methodical and observant, he'd have already noticed from before that she is left-handed, or at least try to find that out. He has been anything but a great cop to me. What sort of good cop goes to a person's house to beat them up? He seems to have it bad with MY just based off his "hunch" and is so determined to make sure he's the murderer. That's not a sign of a methodical cop to me, but a very biased one. I'm not surprised if he shot the guy at the orphanage on accident simply based off one of this "hunches" as well. He lets his emotions affect and cloud his judgment of people and of a situation, a dangerous trait to have in a cop. 

Also, I did not say that the drama has shown that MY isn't all that. I was commenting on how people interpret his actions as that of a psychopath, which I have never agreed with. I also don't think that MY is a "hyper" person and will never define him as such. If anything, the one that lets their emotions get the better of them have been the JK (and her brother). MY is calm, cool and logical. His "revenge" plans aren't a sign of a "hyper" personality either, but someone who dares to play with death and is always a few steps ahead of other people - he's a fantastic planner. 

Edited by redmists
  • Like 2

I think I watched the last scene 100 times but I still can’t get over it. This drama is making me go crazy! I’m in awe with the main leads, like how??? How are they even able to show such emotions? How do they make us viewers feel this way? If it was a weaker actor, there’s no way he’d win us over like this... but SIG, he was born for this role. He’s so phenomenal in this drama that it constantly takes me breath away.

As other already said, let’s cherish their sweet moments together before all hell breaks loose.

093C6954-A582-4BF2-AB87-77681AFEA0D9.gif

CD907DEB-E284-4CA3-9859-A16A76F233C2.gif

009D7CD9-546F-465A-969B-F04521E861DB.gif

• Like 6

The painting
ol8w1wV.png

(I think director love this part of his face :wub:)

iD2PZYm.png

Two boys
s5canZZ.png hiEchDr.png

Spoiler

tzvo1nO.png

Spoiler

WOdBFc1.png

Spoiler

1oWQmjR.png

Spoiler

KSXtY9K.png

Edited by triplem