Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

25 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Thanks a lot for the info. I even checked it out myself and you are right. The PD is a different person. Before posting something like that, the person should be sure about the facts. I mean, such a post can ruin a drama... based on false facts and rumors.

@Jillia @penelop3 

Sure thing. I checked Korean news and I bet it would be all over the news if it's true. But I was just stating that if it's true I'm out. Since I don't support dramas with persons in it or working on it who think women are objects.

I'm glad if it's not the same person. But also I'm not the person who posted about this. Just saying.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, soontobe16 said:

Ok I checked 3 different  info sites that are generally very accurate when it comes to kdramas (Asian wiki, koreandrama.org and the drama’s Wikipedia page where all the sources are from korean sites) and they all say the PD is Choi Sung-Bum not Song Byungjoon??

58 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Thanks a lot for the info. I even checked it out myself and you are right. The PD is a different person. Before posting something like that, the person should be sure about the facts. I mean, such a post can ruin a drama... based on false facts and rumors.

@Jillia @penelop3 

Oh sorry It was all over the twitter in the drama hashtag and read two or three articles so I thought it was true.  My apologies . Anyways I am glad that I can now watch this drama without any hesitation

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Dramachingu said:

Oh sorry It was all over the twitter in the drama hashtag and read two or three articles so I thought it was true.  My apologies . Anyways I am glad that I can now watch this drama without any hesitation

I know. But maybe the articles you mentioned used the twitter as evidence... Anyway, this is a "good experience" in the sense that something on twitter shouldn't be immediately accepted as truth, rather we should just look for more info and evidences. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Dramachingu said:

No, it’s ok! I was actually more confused than anything and looking for answers instead of trying to refute what that person posted. I can’t read hangul so I can’t understand any potential nuances or details of the situation right now anyway. It might be he’s a consulting PD without billing or is attached to the drama in a different way than what the person thought, I just want to be 100% sure.

The rumor will probably gain traction as the show becomes more popular and hopefully the truth will come out. I imagine some  korean netizens are trying to figure out what’s going on too. It would be incredibly shameful if it was just someone trying. to sabotage the drama though.

• Like 6

it's not the main PD on listed. People are angry because the drama has executive producer who was listed on the will of people that assaulted the late Jang Jayeon. He is the executive producer. I read somewhere in Naver.

• Like 9

On 7/30/2018 at 9:09 AM, snowpearlxl said:

Hi all! I made a video with some of my favourite scenes from episodes 1 and 2, do check it out!! :wub:

:wub: wow it was so beautiful btw can you tell me how you upload this edit? i just made one myself and wanted to upload in youtube but it banned due to claimed copyright i don't know how to do ㅠㅠ 

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 3

@snowpearlxl thanks for making and sharing that beautiful MV..please continue making more MV for next 2 episodes..I really love the way you edit the MV..

Ohhh thank goodnes so all the issue is just a false rumours?? now I can watch this drama without any hesitation..

like seriously I have been replaying so many times this preview :bawling: ..can't wait to watch those KS and MR scenes at minute 5.00 onwards..

• Like 6

Whoever translated it as PD made things a bit confusing. When koreans say pd, they mean the director. The guy who was on Jang Ja Yeon's list seems to be some sort of executive/higher-up at the production company. Song byungjoon isn't even on the list of producers or executive producers for this drama. So honestly, something like a boycott would only negatively affect everyone else lower than Song, who are actually directly involved with the drama. It's like when the prostitution scandals happened; only the people not powerful enough got punished. Such is this industry. 

okay, I'm confused. So song byungjoon is the ceo of Group Eight, the prod. company for Boys Before Flowers(and hence the JJY scandal). But the production company for Gangnam Beauty is listed as Art & Culture? Is it a subsidary? collaborative?  

So it looks like one of the executive producers listed, hwang in-roe, is under Group Eight. But then how did song byung joon's name come up? How did he not get mentioned when all those dramas produced by group eight directly were airing? Just curious/confused. 

• Like 4

Hi

I read and find the webtoon until  episode 56 and the rest is not with english:bawling:
Can someone send me in a private message of the webtoon from 56-90? 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, fidda868 said:

like seriously I have been replaying so many times this preview :bawling: ..can't wait to watch those KS and MR scenes at minute 5.00 onwards..

Oh! I am really dying to see those scenes, too. I can't wait. I didn't expect to be addicted to this drama after the fist 2 episodes. :lol:

Some pictures of Im Soo Hyang and Cha Eun Woo on JTBCDRAMA instagram

I'm really liking how Cha Eun Woo can pull off this hairstyle

• Like 3

1 hour ago, supergal99 said:

:blink: omo... u tagged me in a drama thread?? Hahaaa... what a surprise heeee:tounge_wink: erhmm.... mmmm... i am not watching any new kdramas yet coz i am getting busy lately... so.. not sure if i can catchup :grimace:.

please you must to spare your times to watch this one :bawling: last time I have watch kdrama this intense, was, on October 2017 wkwkwkwk.. means.. this one is VERY GOOD :love: it's about beauty and love :heart:.. also about 'don't judge the book by it's cover' ^_*

1 hour ago, supergal99 said:

O..kay... juz for u *cough* -- Some pics updated in jtbc official website:

(Google trans)

Jam Jam Webtoon → transformed into a perfect honeymoon drama! <My ID is Gangnam Beauty> why it will be more fun!

2018-07-31 AM 9:44:47 View 381

1. A more realistic sympathy message to be filled in more closely The 
future that still suffers from appearance because it was not originally beautiful. 
What is the future message that we want to overcome the trauma and be happy?

2. Cida goes on 
Chun-soo, who attacks the futurewith a cheeky face. 
Tae Kyung-seok, the only character to confront the truth, will deliver cider in future development!

3. The character party with such a person The 
actual characters such as seniors and motivators on the actual campus appear! 
From the third time, warm and gentle chemistry and teaching assistant spirit will emerge, and a cheerful story will unfold!

the point is, stay in here and bring laugh to Kang Mi Rae okay? she is pretty now and needs more laugh ^_*

• Like 3

On 7/29/2018 at 1:21 PM, bebebisous33 said:

@Jillia 

Reveal hidden contents

Based on the webtoon, DKS wasn't in love with her at middle school. It is just that she helped him with the perfume he was looking for. KMR is not just a damsel in distress, she will be the one who helps him to reconnect with his mother.

This drama is not just about plastic surgery but much more about the hypocrisy of the society, the "patriarchal and misogynic" mentality in SK. First, DKS was the first one who pointed out that these male students were considering women like objects. It is clearly shown that women are judged on their look, even KMR's father is not really different. He kept praising her looks in front of the client. He compared her to famous people. Sure, he praised her for her intelligence and her hard work but it came later. Imagine the irony, some women are pressured to look good and decide to undergo surgery, but if the plastic surgery is revealed, then they will become gossip. On the other hand, the appearances of men is not questioned. Secondly, there is a reason why DKS could figure out SA's personality from the start. He has actually a very negative image of women in general that's why he revealed the "secret" in front of YJ's girlfriend. Once she heard that YJ was even willing to reject his inheritance, the woman showed her true intention. On the other hand, YJ wasn't that heartbroken. DKS knew about it which he underlined. His negative perception of women is related to his mother: like he said, she is dead to him. DKS noticed KMR for many reasons (not only the name and the perfume). Unlike all the other girls, she doesn't even try to hit on any guy. He noticed her insecurities, her innocence and her honesty. She keeps her distance from them... all the other female students are different. They are quite clingy.   

I think people don't understand it's not just in South Korea...it's worldwide issue - has been and always will be

I want to add some points that other don't understand :

1.  In SK theres a lot of poor people that have hard time finding a job , the look helping not only there to find a job..its helping all over the world also in western country, i know because i see on my own eyes beautiful people get the job fast withouth even without Experience and with higher salary than the "ugly " and average  people

so  even people whose is doing this sergury just to get a job is it's their choice 

, you can not understand if coming from a rich family or rich place,

2. . there are other reason for plastic surgery like finding a life partner.  it's very relevant, especially if the competition is high

In China for example there's more men than women, but in SK the compation is high

3. SK it's a small country so the competition is more then other countries, the more the country is smaller the highest possibility of competition , less jobs less life partner possibility

4. Girls in SK suffering from being objects but it's not save only for SK...this is one of the mistake people made when they come from western country, first if you look on statistic it's all over the world women earn salary less than men, aLSO  you can watch MTV music clips when woman have to sell her look to get views.

So women at the first place coming from this point of view probably will want to make  PS 

• Like 6

@JAN Yes, the equity between men and women is not reached in Western countries too, nevertheless doing plastic surgeries in Europe is not that common. Besides, this drama takes place in Korean. The stigma "Gangnam beauty" is definitely typical Korean. Then being a divorced or single mother in France or in Germany is not a stigma. Societies in Europe are less misogynistic and no longer patriarchal. There is no head of family... Spouses are equal. As soon as the child is adult, he/she makes her/his own decisions. The father would have no right to say something about the surgery. As soon as the child is married, it means that he/she has his/her own family. The "grandfather" has no authority over his daughter-in-law and his grandchildren.     

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Regarding the topic of PS in Korea....

PS is extremely implemented in SK, in fact there is massive advertisments in SK's streets offering packs ( i.e  one plus one =  eye surgery + nose surgery). These packs are often catered to teens who are about to graduate. The parents of teens offer PS as a gift for Highschool's graduation. It's something that can puzzle out westerners at first sight.  The surgery gifted by parents is considered as a higher step for achievement in life. In fact, SK is a competitive society and really judgemental when it comes to looks. If you don't adhere to a certain standard of beauty , you are not beautiful to them. Hence koreans do plastic surgery, hoping to get closer as much as possible to that standard. Getting PS helps them to stand out among " average looks", and in an interview for a job it could be crucial : the employer will choose a beauty rather than a person with an average look. This is what I understood from following K-entertainment. Since SK is judgemental and a society oriented to look,  bullying  in workplace or in school is common. The ones who don't adhere to beauty standards get bullied.  It's no wonder then SK has one of the highest rate of suicide : competitive society based on looks. 

I also agree that PS is not necessary if it is simply for aesthetics and not a medical procedure because it is a vicious circle : once you touch something up, you will want to touch other parts up. It is really hard to restraint yourself, especially if you have low self-esteem and depression. I don't think PS is the cure for low self-esteem. If a person is depressive, what she/ he needs is a therapy for building up confidence.  Everybody has complexes, but not everyone resorts to PS. It is the best  to relativize our complexes than making them big. In the end what matters the most is the personality and character rather than the look. 

Edited by Berou
fixed typos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Berou said:

sorry to cut your post

I also agree that PS is not necessary if it is simply for aesthetics and not a medical procedure because it is a vicious circle : once you touch something up, you will want to touch other parts up. It is really hard to restraint yourself, especially if you have low self-esteem and depression. I don't think PS is the cure for low self-esteem. If a person is depressive, what she/ he needs is a therapy for building up confidence.  Everybody has complexes, but not everyone resorts to PS. It is the best  to relativize our complexes than making them big. In the end what matters the most is the personality and character rather than the look. 

I would like to agree - but i can´t in all points. Right most of the time PS is not the right way to help out - but sometimes... I can understand it very well. A member of my family just had a PS. its not close family so i only found out by chance - but she corrects her nose... because she was bullied a very long time because of it. SK is one part - but in other countries mobbing can be very cruel too... I believe it is really easy to say, that PS is not the right way  - but there are people out there who needs a chance... It needs a lot to stand up against others. I have my own story as well... I can understand ... But what I like about the Drama (I just started) is that she is not just the happy and beautiful woman now - PS alone is not everything you need to fix your life.

In the end what matters the most is the personality.... Oh I wish I could live in a world like that... but my experience is different....

• Like 8

There were some nice moments in episode 1/2, so I decided to make some gifs. :D

Bus stop scene - I don't why but this short moment gave me life.

Similar.gif

And then I guess this is certainly a iconic scene from the webtoon, right?

Cute1.gif

Cute2.gif

And then of course Kwak Dong Yeon's character... I see what you did there PD-nim. ;)

Spoiler

Alrighty2.gif

Credit: I made these gifs

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

And then I guess this is certainly a iconic scene from the webtoon, right?

I don't know, but I can't get enough of this accidental help/hug/whatever scene. Like Cha Eun Woo played it soo well that you're just sucked into it that at that moment DKS didn't care about anything but catching KMR. :lol:

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

I don't know, but I can't get enough of this accidental help/hug/whatever scene. Like Cha Eun Woo played it soo well that you're just sucked into it that at that moment DKS didn't care about anything but catching KMR. :lol:

Give me those scenes in dramas because they will never happen to me in RL. :lol: They also would never look that good. LMAO

I'm also catching up with the webtoon and they changed a lot, like to fit in what's going to happen. I'm intrigued. I guess this drama has 16 episodes so they have a lot to cover. Or does it have 20 episodes?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2