[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

On 8/20/2018 at 4:32 PM, pad-hari said:

BTS.  They r so adorable  :blush:

cr:jtbc

OHHHH i just saw this and they are so cute!!!!! She looks so cheery and fun to be around

& so far i am liking how the drama adaptation is! I think i like it much more as with the drama they seem to have much more time for a story and it's with real people aha

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

however, i have seen her in five enough, tales of gisaeng.. and other shows.. she looks so pretty...

i think this hair style doesn't suit her.. 

she legit looks like someone full of PS.. and her side profiles look so unnatural..

As an actress she is amazing.. now i have seen her play a bimbo, elegant manipulative woman, funny outspoken, restrained, and underconfident insecured in this drama.. pulled off each character well

1 hour ago, darr said:

This guy is doing pretty well for a guy of 21 snd an idol.Next generation of Korean superstars are being made now.

lol he is doing nothing.. Suzy by 21 became a superstar and CF ..

however, the sad part is.. people who seem to make it big are either way too talented or too pretty

18 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Have we seen a picture of what she looked like before?

They don't show how she looked like before on purpose,  I don't remember if i linked this article in an earlier post but i thinks it's very good read, i think it also very much align with the show's values :) 

Mystery unveiled over child actor’s face in ‘My ID is Gangnam Beauty’

By Park Jin Won
  • Published : Aug 3, 2018 - 16:58
TV drama “My ID is Gangnam Beauty” garnered much praise for its cryptic portrayal of the main character’s childhood after its first episode aired on July 27.

The drama revolves around a character named Kang Mi-rae, who undergoes plastic surgery following hateful comments about her appearance dating back to her childhood. Starring actress Lim Soo-hyang, the series follows Kang’s university life as a transformed “beauty.”

20180803000848_0.jpg
(JTBC)

In the first two episodes, the bulk of the story was about Kang’s school days, when she was supposedly hated by her peers because of her looks. However, viewers never got to see the face of the child actress playing Kang during the flashbacks. She was seen only shot from behind or in close-ups of her eyes. 

Choi Sung-bum, director of the TV series, confirmed the intention of the cinematography. “Television can greatly influence viewers. Especially in a drama that deals with sensitive issues like physical appearance and plastic surgery, it is possible that people can interpret certain images the wrong way,” he said. 

According to Choi, if the main character’s childhood appearance is shown on screen and framed as “ugly,” it could offend viewers with similar features. He also said it is unethical to create a fixed definition of ugliness in a drama that strives to find the real meaning of beauty. 

Choi said the important message of the flashbacks is not the appearance of the main character, but her emotional distress and desperate wish for happiness, resulting in her decision to have plastic surgery. 

Viewers applauded Choi for his thoughtful representation of the characters and hoped that the drama would continue to tackle prejudices in society. 

actually i think the child actor probably doesnt look that way with puffy lids and etc. remember that korean dramas are super duper skilled in feature transformations like 200 pound beauty and oh my venus..

i’ve got korean colleagues (mainly ahjussi.. not oppa lol) and they admit that its almost like a tradition to sponsor their girls for double eyelids to welcome into the young adulthood. we cant be certain which korean artistes have done this or that, unless we see them growing up from young actors (eg. kim so hyun, kim yoo jung).. there’s many rising stars in korean entertainment industry..

Omo this preview is soo cute :wub:

DKS jealousy continues!! The way he is getting closer to Mi rae.. Oh my heart is fluttering:kiss_wink:..Mi Rae be ready hiding is not gonna help, he has already taken ur heart now he will surely won't stop until he completely makes u his:wub:.. Grrrr.. Soo Ah, y she has to spoil the moment!! Can't she stay away from DKS:crazy:.. I hate it when she makes her move on him especially when she tries skin contact:crazy:

Thanks @ganko for sharing! 

3 hours ago, Wotad said:

Have we seen a picture of what she looked like before?

I remember a story of a girl who got PS then her kids turned ugly and the father sued or something.

It was a news from a paper in China. I read it too. What a jerk, just divorce her. 

You can google her and old new pictures will come up.

I watched the episode which had the girls refusing to do waitressing work because one of the guys insulted their looks. Granted that Koreans have their own values and hangups, I find it hard to believe that freshmen at a top school are subjected to such chauvinistic treatment. This is 2018. I suspect the webtoon is a popular comic and needs to create controversies to generate interests.

22 minutes ago, maribella said:

It was a news from a paper in China. I read it too. What a jerk, just divorce her. 

You can google her and old new pictures will come up.

I watched the episode which had the girls refusing to do waitressing work because one of the guys insulted their looks. Granted that Koreans have their own values and hangups, I find it hard to believe that freshmen at a top school are subjected to such chauvinistic treatment. This is 2018. I suspect the webtoon is a popular comic and needs to create controversies to generate interests.

lol.. a woman asked for divorce because hubby failed to get beer and chicken feet when You who came from another star was raking in ratings :P

obsession comes in all its forms 

I have soo many questions for the updated preview!!!!!!! 

The anticipation is now on for this weekend's episode!!

The way DKS waits for MR at the bottom of the steps, for another date??!! To go to school together?!?!

The way DKS sneakily chooses to position myself right behind MR to throw out a cardboard, do you hear MR's heart fluttering!??!

The way DKS gently does something with MR's foot, did she injure herself & he's checking if it's okay?!?!

Is it Friday yet?!?!

This is my first time posting here but i have been lurking ever since the drama started playing..

I read the webtoon because I couldn't wait until the next episode..

I love the webtoon but I also really enjoy the drama...

About the new preview.. I hope he isn't trying to make Mirae jealous with SA, because they are wearing the same outfits from the first preview where SA is making a move on him during class while Mirae walks in...

and it seems like KS asked Mirae who she was looking for if t was WY sunbae and if she likes him.. at the 0.16 second mark

i am not that fond of the storyline about him having no money, but maybe the writers want to show a certain side to him..

5 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol he is doing nothing.. Suzy by 21 became a superstar and CF ..

however, the sad part is.. people who seem to make it big are either way too talented or too pretty

It's not a fight dear. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, soesje said:

This is my first time posting here but i have been lurking ever since the drama started playing..

I read the webtoon because I couldn't wait until the next episode..

I love the webtoon but I also really enjoy the drama...

About the new preview.. I hope he isn't trying to make Mirae jealous with SA, because they are wearing the same outfits from the first preview where SA is making a move on him during class while Mirae walks in...

and it seems like KS asked Mirae who she was looking for if t was WY sunbae and if she likes him.. at the 0.16 second mark

i am not that fond of the storyline about him having no money, but maybe the writers want to show a certain side to him..

KS trying to make mirae jealous with SA? :joy: if thats happen, i will be questening the writers understanding of the character. Thats so not KS its laughable

5 hours ago, ganko said:

Updated preview! :wub: much better this one! 

Yes! Soo excited to see more things going to happen and DKS being jealous. Do not like that SA got him an interview. Please don't don't work with her. 

It's gonna be tough for DKS when he runs out of money and trying really hard to survive. I hope this teach him to work hard like his mother, because she worked hard in raising her kids and trying to pursuit her dreams. 

22 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

Yes! Soo excited to see more things going to happen and DKS being jealous. Do not like that SA got him an interview. Please don't don't work with her. 

It's gonna be tough for DKS when he runs out of money and trying really hard to survive. I hope this teach him to work hard like his mother, because she worked hard in raising her kids and trying to pursuit her dreams. 

After this preview, i don't feel so worried about Soo Ah actually. KS is having a tough time earning money but all he does is follow Mirae around trying to get her attention haha, poor guy. Mirae is really clueless, but i guess that's why it's so fun. I like that KS is pursuing her, not yet confident to be direct but realising that TA is a threat haha... Also, judging by the filming pics, they are always seem to be together. I guess it's easier now when they live in the same neighbourhood~ :) i'm so impatient, i need Friday!!

51 minutes ago, ganko said:

After this preview, i don't feel so worried about Soo Ah actually. KS is having a tough time earning money but all he does is follow Mirae around trying to get her attention haha, poor guy. Mirae is really clueless, but i guess that's why it's so fun. I like that KS is pursuing her, not yet confident to be direct but realising that TA is a threat haha... Also, judging by the filming pics, they are always seem to be together. I guess it's easier now when they live in the same neighbourhood~ :) i'm so impatient, i need Friday!!

I'm sure that after this teaser for the preview, we are all crazy and waiting for Friday to come.

Sucks that I'm going to be extremely busy on Friday and Saturday, so I will not be able to catch the drama until late Saturday night or Sunday. :bawling: I'm not happy. 

Archived