[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

3 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

Really? You are judging looks of actors & actresses and commenting on which body part can be better in a show which is trying to teach that looks shouldn't be judged and shouldn't matter?

Why not? Who is to decide what want sees  in a Kdrama? You?  If there is any reality or values I want, it would not be from a KD.

It is a show and this is a forum for everyone.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, maribella said:

Why not? Who is to decide what want sees  in a Kdrama? You?  If there is any reality or values I want, it would not be from a KD.

It is a show and this is a forum for everyone.

So you watch shows to judge features of actors and actresses in shows? To each his own, I guess, but whats wrong in learning values and realities from a KD when its been imparted in every episode? A lesson that is obviously needed, it seems.

BTW,  the forum is to discuss the show, characters, actors, storyline. Commenting on plastic surgery that the actors may have done come under rumors and that is frowned upon. But, I think the mod can be more clear about it.

2 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

So you watch shows to judge features of actors and actresses in shows? To each his own, I guess, but whats wrong in learning values and realities from a KD when its been imparted in every episode? A lesson that is obviously needed, it seems.

BTW,  the forum is to discuss the show, characters, actors, storyline. Commenting on plastic surgery that the actors may have done come under rumors and that is frowned upon. But, I think the mod can be more clear about it.

To each his own. This is a show about plastic surgery in Korea.

I don’t think it is bad to have cosmetic surgery. Regular people have them to feel good so why shouldn’t actors and actresses have it? They should not be made to feel ashamed, it is their body. It is sheer snobbery on looks and in this show as other KDs also wealth and parents’ status.

The limit on surgery would be when they get into debts to pay for it or it becomes a danger to their health. 

But I am going to keep watching it, MR’s parents are funny together and I’ll bet KD’s parents will get back together or the show ends with teasers that they will get back together.

2 hours ago, maribella said:

To each his own. This is a show about plastic surgery in Korea.

I don’t think it is bad to have cosmetic surgery. Regular people have them to feel good so why shouldn’t actors and actresses have it? They should not be made to feel ashamed, it is their body. It is sheer snobbery on looks and in this show as other KDs also wealth and parents’ status.

The limit on surgery would be when they get into debts to pay for it or it becomes a danger to their health. 

But I am going to keep watching it, MR’s parents are funny together and I’ll bet KD’s parents will get back together or the show ends with teasers that they will get back together.

Yeah, this show is about plastic surgery and how people shouldn't force others to change themselves just because they don't fit their category of perfect. It also teaches that if one has had plastic surgery, you don't point it out or ask about it or say that this part can be better if its changed. Something we clearly saw KS reprimanding SA about. I personally don't ostracize people who have had plastic surgery, celebrities or normal people. Like I said, to each their own. But unless its confirmed, we shouldn't indulge in harmful spreading of rumor. Even a comment made in passing can spread rumors and reach unimaginable proportions.

Hi guys new to this thread!! 

I m very much enjoying this show.. I know i m late to join the fun!. But can't help it.. I just love do kyeong so n Mi Rae.. They have loads of chemistry on n off screen too!!.. They both perfectly suit the role!!.. I love seeing their scenes together n this show is my complete repeat watch show.. Can't get enough off these two.. I want more of these two instead of Soo Ah's seductions lolz!! The way DKS gets jealous, he is soo cute n adorable.. I wish to see more of those scenes!! I really like seeing him diss off Soo Ah!! I m pretty much pissed off with Soo Ah character..I get creeps by seeing no offense to the actress.. It's just the character..i want her to stay away from DKS n KMR!!.. I want the TA to end up with Mi Rae's friend(is it too much to ask?).. I don't care if DKS works at same place as Soo Ah!! Coz we can get more dissing scenes lolz! I just want Mi Rae to gather more courage that she can also date a guy like DKS! Hope Soo Ah's truth comes out soon n Tae Hee's relationship is saved!! 

The one thing which richard simmons me off is people pushing DKS n Soo Ah together always and it was in preview.. Just coz they r pretty, they have to be together or what!!.. They could clearly sense hostility in DKS behavior towards Soo Ah but still they want to believe they would be a couple lolz!!

Here are some bts gif's of our OTP:blush::love:

My sister is paying for my pocket money

PKSjEq5.gif

Get your hair organized.  Even thought the coordi noona is next to her, he helps her

rGTmHjZ.gif

Feeding popcorn in chopsticks, lol

K3JRNn0.gif

Spoiler

mNK41pz.gif

a0kQApE.gif

ulhnp29.gif

GtwtGgz.gif

59oFwe5.gif

Oq9DFwl.gif

iUJYGd8.gif
cr: dc gall

On 8/17/2018 at 11:07 PM, Mau_Cherry said:

I already did that a lot - and not only me - check the spoiler ;D

But if you have any particular question - feel free to ask.

Thanks luv! 

Spoiler

Does SA ever get exposed for her snakey behaviour in the webtoon? What are peoples reactions towards her? Can't stand her sorry lol. 

Does the Teacher Assistant ever confesses his feelings? Also I want to know more about KS friend and MR friend... Do they ever become a couple? 

Are there any major parts that we can look forward to from this webtoon? 

46 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Filming shoot near a restaurant in Yongsan-gu, i suppose (for soompiers who know SK well)

Mirae looks so pretty in that formal clothing and with her hair in ponytail!! (or at least i think it's her?) Will KS be able to focus? :P

Thanks @pad-hari :wub: i love the picture updates! 

Those photos have me so ready for upcoming eps! I love the relationship between Mi Rae and Hye Sung, and of course I want the latter to fully make up with Kyung Seok. 

I think it's beautiful how our main couple are each helping each other - unwittingly or on purpose - through their ordeals and insecurities. Now all we need is a kiss, LOL!

22 hours ago, millicom said:

@bebebisous33  You are right with KS and MR being on the same boat in middle school.  Both are outcasts and dealing with their own "demons".  They are both lacking in social skills but that sort of binds them together because in a way, they understand what it means to be a loner.  I think KS is still unaware that his feelings for MR is more than a friend.  I think he still has to realize that the reason why he gets so bothered with WY is because he is feeling jealous and possesive.  He is just being territorial at the moment, being very protective of MR.  I really like the restaurant scene where he tries to get to know more of MR.  How cute is that remark of don't tell me your birthday but don't let WY know either. 

Looks like the dad still can't get over the mom.  I wonder how hard he hit her for her to damage her nerves like that.  

I like this drama because it has depth, it tackles issues like bullying, depression and the need to belong and be accepted by your peers.  Knowing and accepting who you are, learning to stand up for what's right is a journey that not only MR but for the other students has to go through as well.

I see it differently. To me, he is aware of his feelings for her because he noticed that he had competition. He is jealous and he saw that WY was attracted to KMR. That's the reason why he asked her not to tell WY about her birthday. In my opinion, he chose this way to approach her for two reasons:

- He knows KMR's personality pretty well: her innocence and lack of experience with men.

- He knows how she suffered because of men. 

2 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I see it differently. To me, he is aware of his feelings for her because he noticed that he had competition. He is jealous and he saw that WY was attracted to KMR. That's the reason why he asked her not to tell WY about her birthday. In my opinion, he chose this way to approach her for two reasons:

- He knows KMR's personality pretty well: her innocence and lack of experience with men.

Sorry to cut of the reply.. But have to agree with this.. I too feel Mi Rae is unaware of this kinda approaches from men as we have seen from the before sunbae n it's also a part of her which is scared to move or believe that she could be a person's interest! I feel that DKS is approaching her warmly n clearing up her issues n also strengthening her n trying to get close to her..

Mi Rae says less words or is weird out when he is there!! But she doesn't feel awkward towards sunbae as subconsciously she thinks of DKS as a man n sunbae TA as a good person!! But for DKS, it might seem like she is distancing herself from him n not that TA.. So he wants to be equal n he doesn't want other guy to know more abt her than him!! 

5 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

So you watch shows to judge features of actors and actresses in shows?

Sorry to butt in.. and i have no context of the actual to-and-fro you were having with another person.. but for this line..

Comeon!!!.. Entertainment industry worldwide.. and beyond.. who doesn't judge features of actors and actresses in shows?? There is a reason why you don't have talented actors but pretty actors in showbiz.. because audience wants that ( one can try to preach idealism.. but humans are base)

What were the ratings for last episodes?

improve, status quo, dip?

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

I definitely agree that he chose that approach so as not to scare her or make her uncomfortable. Although I'm not sure when exactly Kyung Seok realized he liked Mi Rae romantically, but he for sure knew it by the time he asked her on the "assignment" date.

Perhaps it was the fireworks scene that he decided to accept his feelings? Or perhaps it was his jealousy at the housewarming party that pushed him to act. All I know is that by the time Mi Rae starts saying "chingu" every two seconds, Kyung Seok was more than ready for her to add "namja" in front of it, lol.

43 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

for everyone who is smitten by KS..

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/cha-eunwoo-reveals-asked-female-celebrity/

:love::love::love:

definitely too perfect for girls to try approach and ask for a date.. even my friend (who’s not watching this drama yet) said he’s prettier than most girls too!! 

OMO! Thank you for sharing.. Supposed to be working away but somehow I dropped everything to scroll through the articles and photos of uri CEW! He looks so flawless. Would be intimidating for girls to approach him! It could be difficult for the girl too.. I'm sure once he starts to date, the girl is going to be compared (by heartbroken fans) and say the girl doesn't match up to his looks! 

I'm so happy to see that LSH and CEW have fun in the BTS! It's great to see that they are having fun filming this show, since we all love it so much.  If they're that shy after CEW feeds her popcorn (so cheesy but so sweet hehe), I wonder what they'll do after a kiss! If I were LSH I'd be so dead after that LOL.I haven't seen CEW in any other shows, but has he had an on-screen kiss before? 

Archived