[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Wotad said:

Yeah that was a big -100 for the writers i feel like he was so anti SA then suddenly hes fine with her? 

She found his soft spot because he doesn't want to be like his father.  In the flashback after his dad makes him cry, his mom subverts his feelings for his father when he's already upset by saying that a truly strong guy won't hurt others weaker than he is.

The reason he doesn't like Soo Ah other than he resents beautiful women because of mommy issues is he hates how she uses her own power to damage Mi rae.  And the reason Kyung Seok has no problem going at Soo Ah is because of this he doesn't see her as weak and doesn't put her in that class of people he must not hurt but as one of those bullies and uses people like his father.  He's in his mind doing the right thing by not letting someone stronger hurt someone weaker.

But when she guilt trips him for hurting and misunderstanding her, as well as how she has been hurt by no mom, I think he considers the possibility that he's been wrong about her.  He still doesn't like her personality... I think her personality overall is too much like his father... both very extroverted, attractive, and "shiny" in front of others... he's not answering her when she is saying her stuff but he is willing to hang out with her and give her a chance.

Soo Ah like usual misunderstands this.  She thinks she has found something in common with Kyung Seok and that's why they are closer but I think he doesn't really care about this.  He believes himself self-contained because he has shut off his feelings (at that point) so it's not like he's looking for someone to commiserate with, I think he just doesn't want to be the bad guy hurting this other person by misjudging them or causing them harm.

I'm surprised people don't like the scene where he says sorry to Soo Ah. It shows that he is a kind person at heart who really learned what his mom taught him when he was young. He has no problem apologizing when he realizes he was in the wrong or that his actions or words may have hurt someone. Look at how many times he apologized to Mi Rae. No surprise he would apologize to Soo Ah and gave her a second chance. It's this good character of his that makes it believable that he doesn't care about good looks. Also, he told his mom that "why can't you apologize if you think you've done something wrong"? Same when he told his friend to apologize to Jung Boon. It's a recurring theme and I really appreciate this theme in the drama. 

As an aside, I found the first scene of episode 7 funny. Does the actor playing Kyung Seok wax his face? In several shots he has a few bumps on his upper lips and cheeks etc and then within the same scene he's shown with concealer on. I don't know if anyone else noticed but I kept laughing at how funny it was and didn't get into the romantic nature of the scene lol. (ref: the scene where he and Mi Rae are in the dept office and standing by the window talking about whether they would have been friends)

2 hours ago, Jafstar said:

That was my big issue with her giving the perfume to WY too. Perfume was what linked her’s and KS’s story together in the webtoon. But maybe they are tailoring the drama in this direction since she’s going on the date with KS first, instead of what the webtoon did...? (Isnt that what happened? My memory is fuzzy.) Of course, that’s just my theory. I see scenes that make up the balance in what they’ve removed from the original webtoon. Overall, I think that the drama is going in a nice, fluid trajectory. The story telling is compelling, and I keep wishing that Friday and Saturday are every day! lol.

Spoiler

I actually like the scene when mirae asked KS which perfume she should use, and his shocked expression when she said that she would use it for her date with WY lol poor him

Also Eun need more screentime,i want to see her being the matchmaker between KS and Mirae

32 minutes ago, maniac1 said:

I'm surprised people don't like the scene where he says sorry to Soo Ah. It shows that he is a kind person at heart who really learned what his mom taught him when he was young. He has no problem apologizing when he realizes he was in the wrong or that his actions or words may have hurt someone. Look at how many times he apologized to Mi Rae. No surprise he would apologize to Soo Ah and gave her a second chance. It's this good character of his that makes it believable that he doesn't care about good looks. Also, he told his mom that "why can't you apologize if you think you've done something wrong"? Same when he told his friend to apologize to Jung Boon. It's a recurring theme and I really appreciate this theme in the drama. 

As an aside, I found the first scene of episode 7 funny. Does the actor playing Kyung Seok wax his face? In several shots he has a few bumps on his upper lips and cheeks etc and then within the same scene he's shown with concealer on. I don't know if anyone else noticed but I kept laughing at how funny it was and didn't get into the romantic nature of the scene lol. (ref: the scene where he and Mi Rae are in the dept office and standing by the window talking about whether they would have been friends)

I agree with you about DKS. The latter has always been someone righteous from the start so when he did or said something wrong, he was quite eager to apologize.

Interesting is that DKS's father is the one who actually revealed his own wrongdoings. While Ha Hye Sung just said that she lost her sense of smell due to an accident, the father assumed that his wife had blamed him. He made the same mistake again, when he admitted that he had stopped his ex-wife from meeting DKS. Even after meeting his mother, he had no idea what his father had really done. I hope, we will see more about DKS and his family. So far, his sister is unaware of her father's wrongdoings. And we have still his campaign going on... so I hope, this drama will focus on the impact of the father's lies too. 

Right now, DKS is trying to live on his own. He didn't run right away to his mother which proves that he needs time to digest all the new info he got. He always thought that his mother had abandoned them, he just discovered that this wasn't true.  

The written preview for ep.8:

8회 2018.08.18.(토)
부제
가능할까? 남사친으로 생각한다는 게
자꾸만 미래가 신경 쓰이는 경석은 집들이 중에도 미래와 우영의 대화에만 관심이 가고... 한편, 과제를 핑계 삼아 같이 영화를 보기로 한 미래와 경석! 영화를 보고 밥을 먹는 와중에도 계속 서로에게 신경이 쓰이는 두 사람... 집으로 돌아서는 그때, 미래는 경석과는 더 이상 친구로 지낼 수 없다는 사실을 깨닫는데...

이 텍스트 예고대로 라면 미래가 본인 마음 자각하는건 확실한듯?

google translate is nonsense. 

But what i make in one sentence is that Mirae realise that she cannot no longer be friends with KS.  :flushed:

wae?

Anybody wanna give a try on the translation?

51 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

8회 2018.08.18.(토)
부제
가능할까? 남사친으로 생각한다는 게
자꾸만 미래가 신경 쓰이는 경석은 집들이 중에도 미래와 우영의 대화에만 관심이 가고... 한편, 과제를 핑계 삼아 같이 영화를 보기로 한 미래와 경석! 영화를 보고 밥을 먹는 와중에도 계속 서로에게 신경이 쓰이는 두 사람... 집으로 돌아서는 그때, 미래는 경석과는 더 이상 친구로 지낼 수 없다는 사실을 깨닫는데...

But what i make in one sentence is that Mirae realise that she cannot no longer be friends with KS.  :flushed:

wae?

I kind of understood it like she feels a little more than friendship after the movie date? Maybe she can't be "just" friends or at least she will realise that she is starting to like him? But not sure...She seems a bit flustered in the preview seeing him at the bench. It's probably the day after the movie and i remember from last night's preview that Soo Ah will approach him at the same place. 

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

8회 2018.08.18.(토)
부제
가능할까? 남사친으로 생각한다는 게

wae?

Well, the first line reads:

"Is it possible? To think that he's just a guy friend?"

And the second last line reads:

"On their way home, MiRae comes to  realise the fact that she cannot continue as friends with KyungSeok anymore."

;):phew:

And "Ramyeon" is mentioned in the last line. Hehehehhehe. Won't spoil too much. See you tonight!

Edit: I'm just kidding. The Ramyeon here isn't that Ramyeon. Hahaha! The last line feels like some netizen's comment and not really part of the preview. 

15 minutes ago, ganko said:

I kind of understood it like she feels a little more than friendship after the movie date? Maybe she can't be "just" friends or at least she will realise that she is starting to like him? But not sure...She seems a bit flustered in the preview seeing him at the bench. It's probably the day after the movie and i remember from last night's preview that Soo Ah will approach him at the same place. 

No it was not after the movie date.  She was flustered to see him waiting for her to go the movie.  then she will console herself, "its for the class assignment".  

LOL at his expressions. Cute.:love::blush:

m4ctuP5.gif

Yx3Qqnn.gif

T6L4SNm.gif

Spoiler

6iGYoIp.gif

HmcVtI5.gif

cr: dc gall

3 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

No it was not after the movie date.  She was flustered to see him waiting for her to go the movie.  then she will console herself, "its for the class assignment".  

Aha! That's better haha  :D

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

8회 2018.08.18.(토)
부제
가능할까? 남사친으로 생각한다는 게

wae?

Can no longer be friends because her feeling is moving towards romantic feeling for him. That's why she questioned herself as per preview - how can she be friend with a guy like him ( literally a boyfriend goal - superhandsome, kind, rich, smart etc). Here lies the core problem of their budding relationship - her low esteemed of being someone who was once so ugly nobody paid attention to her or bullied her to a beauty everybody look up to. It will take a long time and efforts to convince her that she deserves him because she has this mentality that a gangnam beauty like her DOESN'T HAVE ANY RIGHT to love and be loved by a guy as outstanding as him.

6 hours ago, maniac1 said:

I'm surprised people don't like the scene where he says sorry to Soo Ah. It shows that he is a kind person at heart who really learned what his mom taught him when he was young.

From my side - I never had trouble with him saying sorry to her... in real I liked it a lot - otherwise he would go against his own principles. What I kinda disliked was that he came with Soo Ah to the Meating - and acted more friendly with her there - but I got that feeling from watching on Air.

Let the other believe he and Soo Ah can become a couple was the one line i disliked. An Answer like - Whatever - would be okay for me... showing he don´t care for the opinion from the others. But right - he was mean to SA in front ot the class and he just said sorry about that so he don´t want to make the same mistake and put SA in a wrong spot.

SA really is something - trying to use his weakness now - and really believing she can win him like that. I believe spreading the rumours about KS was her plan too. She must know her friend - but she never told her to not talk about it. They both found out KS little secret - and her smile when she found out there is a new found information she can use. I wonder how far she will go in the Drama.

7 hours ago, pad-hari said:

New stills for tonite's episode

Ah I can´t wait... and it looks like in the Drama too she will try hard to pay for it. Just friends watching a movie - not a date. Ahhhh - this girl.

7 hours ago, OliviaRonnie95 said:

Hide contents

Webtoon kyung seok is kinda sad mi rae didn't dress up for him. i wonder the drama kyung seok will think the same. He even changed his hair style!

I wonder if that scene is possible because they changed the reason for him to got mad.

Spoiler

In the webtoon the senior was the first who asked her for a date - and she went out with him. She dresses up - and KS saw it - and asked for the perfume - and than KS found out it was for the date with someone else. Oh I loved it how frustrated he was.

So when KS and MR where in the Cinema she was all like - its not a date - its just for school... but she saw how similar it was to a real date...

I was waiting for the scene with the perfum - but i guess its a bit difficult now to give us that.

I liked how KS in the webtoon came to the cinama - first time dressed not in black.

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Interesting is that DKS's father is the one who actually revealed his own wrongdoings.

Same here - I liked that little change a lot. The Father must felt so guilty - KS just did not say anything but in his head he knows exactly what his ex wife should have told the Boy.

KS heard that his Mother did not liked someone to follow her - and smart guy understood. Like his father send people controlling him - he must have done that with his mother. He already understood a lot about the life mother had back than - but the biggest reason why she has  gone crazy (how it looks for the kids) - he only found out because his father told him.

Spoiler

In the webtoon it was the guy who helped CEO all the time who told MR and later MR told it KS - I liked it a lot that it was not mother who tried to tell it to KS first.

But honestly - I like it much more like it is in the DRama now.

You ruined a life and than you told her you will make her happy - gosh - Ks is great. He grow up seeing all the shemes and lies his father used for his career. He can´t be fooled.

The only part i did not liked in the webtoon and I hope will be different here is about his sister. KS said he would have grow up alone if he knew - but not telling sis is kinda not right for me. She can blame KS later for that.

Sure I understand that she is still in school and all that - but she has the right to know too. Otherwise she will really be sended away against her will - controlled by this so called father.

I cannot stand it... I ended up translating the whole thing!

8회 2018.08.18.(토)
부제
가능할까? 남사친으로 생각한다는 게
자꾸만 미래가 신경 쓰이는 경석은 집들이 중에도 미래와 우영의 대화에만 관심이 가고... 한편, 과제를 핑계 삼아 같이 영화를 보기로 한 미래와 경석! 영화를 보고 밥을 먹는 와중에도 계속 서로에게 신경이 쓰이는 두 사람... 집으로 돌아서는 그때, 미래는 경석과는 더 이상 친구로 지낼 수 없다는 사실을 깨닫는데...

Is it possible? To think him as a guy friend.

KyeongSeok, who keeps being bothered by/ thinking of MiRae, even at the housewarming, is also only interested in the conversation between WooYeong and MiRae... On the other hand, MiRae and KyeongSeok who go watch a movie together using the excuse of an assignment! Even during dinner and the movie, the two people keep being nervous around each other! While on the way home, MiRae realises the truth that she can't continue (hanging out) as friends with KyeongSeok.

According to this text, does it confirm that MiRae is now aware of her own heart?

from page 38 onwards.. im alr horrified at the thought that SA is going to be in so many of the scenes :crazy: is this the correct drama or “The Return of Spiteful Soo A”.. why is the drama focusing so much on her (for goodness sake!) the other guy who’s so smitten with her since Day1.. whats his name.. just make her his gf and stop all these SA plots :unamused:

oh and i really really like KS:wub: .. haha so much more than park seo joon in WWWSK wahahahahaha! literal a “new oppa come and old oppa go” kind of easily replaced :lol:

4 hours ago, athena22 said:

I haven't watched with subs yet but lemme share these :

Find a guy who looks at you like Kyung Seok looks at Mi Rae

@athena22 im still searching.. or maybe, the guy who looked at me that way doesnt look like KS for me to notice him back :sweatingbullets:

(sorry for having 2 consecutive posts..)

First time writing here! Totally didn't expect to fall in love with this new sweet drama :wub: i've been on a drama slump for a while but finally this one caught my attention, i binge watched all episodes and Miray x KyungSuk owns my heart now. I'm getting excited all again with this otp :wub:

Only few more hours for episode 8 to air and i can't wait for their movie date scene!

Archived