[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Wonwoo of Seventeen nearly got the role of Do Kyungseok but due to the tight schedule of his group Seventeen and clash schedule with his group's comeback and tour, he has no choice but to withdraw. Well, I don't know whether he regretted not taking this role as the drama is a great success and brought instant fame to Eunwoo. On the other hand if he took the role, would his chemistry with Soo Hyang be that natural and would we fans get to see the great chemistry bts as we see between Soo Hyang and Eunwoo. As Seventeen is also famous, he might not be that friendly behind the scenes and would be more cautious. So, are you glad that Eunwoo took the role or would we expect something from Wonwoo. He is a great rapper though.

This is something the Indonesians said about the above posting. It is not confirmed or verified. So just read as it is and I just posted as it is. For all I know, our Dorae couple is perfect and Eunwoo and Soo Hyang are perfect for the roles. 

21 minutes ago, monica63 said:

This is something the Indonesians said about the above posting. It is not confirmed or verified. So just read as it is and I just posted as it is. For all I know, our Dorae couple is perfect and Eunwoo and Soo Hyang are perfect for the roles. 

I heard its just fan spread rumors!! I don't think anybody would be soo perfect for DKS as Eun woo.. I believe ISH n CEW r the best choices for DoRae!!.. They r the reason ppl still love this show a lot!! 

45 minutes ago, monica63 said:
Apparently Wonwoo of Seventeen nearly got the role of Do Kyungseok but due to the tight schedule of his group Seventeen and clash schedule with his group's comeback and tour, he has no choice but to withdraw. Well, I don't know whether he regretted not taking this role as the drama is a great success and brought instant fame to Eunwoo. On the other hand if he took the role, would his chemistry with Soo Hyang be that natural and would we fans get to see the great chemistry bts as we see between Soo Hyang and Eunwoo. As Seventeen is also famous, he might not be that friendly behind the scenes and would be more cautious. So, are you glad that Eunwoo took the role or would we expect something from Wonwoo. He is a great rapper though.

I didn't pay attention to idol groups before MIIGB (thanks a lot, Eunwoo!) so I don't know Wonwoo or Seventeen that well, but I'm sure he would have been fine. The drama was so well-written, and the character of DKS + romance with KMR was so perfect, that plenty of actors could have pulled it off well enough. But Eunwoo and Soo Hyang together were magic, and their chemistry was definitely the reason that the drama is still lingering in my heart over a month later. 

Soo Hyang didn't speak to Eunwoo when she saw him before the casting was confirmed, because she figured that if it was fate for him to get the role then they would meet again at the script reading. That's how the story goes, right? Well, she was right, it was fate. Whether he was the first choice from the start or whether they were looking at other idols who didn't work out for one reason or another, Eunwoo playing Kyung Seok opposite Soo Hyang's Mi Rae was meant to be. :wub:

I don't think MIIGB would be the same without CEW as DKS. I am pretty sure that Won Woo would've played DKS in his own style (if the rumor was true)and he would be good on it, but for me, MIIGB is perfect right now with the current casts. ISH, CEW, KDY, and JWR. 

Aww, I always love these little videos. Oh, and another sweet review for MIIGB:

Kyung Seok and Mi Rae are the kind of couple that brings fluttery feelings that comes out naturally when I see them. They are both simple yet endearing! A scene doesn't have to be complicated at all. They just have to be in one shot, together.

I totally agree with this quote. One of the best parts of the romance was that it didn't have to be epic in all the tropey ways. It was a believable depiction of first love that made me feel all the same warm, heartfelt emotions that my actual first love did. :blush:

I love how so many of us keep coming back to this thread. I feel like how I was when I first started watching dramas more than a decade ago; I first watched the Taiwanese drama ISWAK while it was airing and I have been watching Asian dramas since. But, probably, this is the first time since iswak that I have been so invested in the story and the characters. I keep coming back to read comments and reviews from people just now watching the show and it's exhilarating reading each and every positive review-- almost as if I was the one who worked so hard on this show haha. Anyway I just hope viki picks up the license for this show so that I can watch it again. I'm really missing it now and am mad that I didn't rewatch it earlier when a bunch of you were. Curse you Warner Brothers for taking away dramafever without any notice!!!! 

56 minutes ago, maniac1 said:

Anyway I just hope viki picks up the license for this show so that I can watch it again. I'm really missing it now and am mad that I didn't rewatch it earlier when a bunch of you were. Curse you Warner Brothers for taking away dramafever without any notice!!!! 

Ooh, that would be so nice! And give a whole new group of people a chance to watch it legally. Does anyone know if the exclusive license expires with DF shut down, or if the fact that they purchased it means that others would still have to wait to put it out?

ETA: Another lovely MIIGB review!

Love the still photos of this scene. Close up they look so good and real.

Eunwoo is down to 10th spot and Soo Hyang is still at no. 4. Stiff competition for actors. Suddenly we have Park Seo Joon and Jung Hae In in the top 10. Their names were not there earlier but suddenly they surged up to top 10. Ottoke, I like both of them also.

@icyphoenix I read the information from one of the diehard fans of the couple. The challenge was done in June and apparently two days after Soo Hyang did it, Eunwoo followed suit and there was a short video of him saying that the he is taking up the challenge as suggested by Soo Hyang sunbaenim. That time he was being respectful to her and called her senior but after that we knew the story. They became closer and no more honorifics between them. I saw the short clip posted in instagram but it is no longer available. I am sorry I couldn't post it for you all to see.

56 minutes ago, monica63 said:
Soo Hyang started with the ice bucket challenge and she asked Eunwoo to take up the challenge. Our sweet boy does whatever his noona asked and he took up the challenge.

This is so cute! When was this? I had no idea.

(Nevermind, I just read your above comment!) It's so cute to see the evolution of their friendship over the course of the drama.

30 minutes ago, monica63 said:
This video gives me so much feels. Sorry chingus for non-stop posting. Hope you are not fed-up with my postings.  The music is soothing and thus gives a romantic feeling.

Keep posting chingu!!

I m still not over this couple n drama.. So will be relishing every posts on them!! 

Archived