[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

1 hour ago, 0live13ranch said:

Has this article been posted yet? Link: https://www.koreaboo.com/news/imsoohyang-astro-chaeunwoo-heart-fluttering-scene/

Can I love ISH anymore than I do right now? She's just like all of us :wub:

@KymberleeD  I mostly watch raw clips from JTBC youtube channel. They posted all the important scenes there :)

@icyphoenix I love that lunch scene at the cafeteria too. They were so open and honest with each other despite the awkward air that was still there. I also love how quick wit KS was to score himself a lunch date with his crush.

:heart::heart:  thank you for sharing the interview.6 hours only for kissing scene. Can I be your stunt double, ISH ssi~ ?? :tounge_xd:

1 hour ago, kangminjae said:

We can vote for Eunwoo’s OST here! It’s in 2nd place right now:

And also vote for him at the Seoul Awards, though I think it requires installing an app?

Wow Eun Woo got so many nominations in award events now. He is basically everywhere. :blush: I love the Eun Woo's OST so much, so I'll vote for it!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just signed up an account in soompi even though I'd been checking Kdrama posts for several years here, but Gangnam Beauty really touched my heart. I have been reading the whole 155 pages and agreed with every post. I'm so happy that there are so many people here having the same feeling with me. I started my rewatching marathon with going through the posts here, too. I really have trouble to move on. And now I become a fan of CEW and so his group.  Of course, I love ISH, too. Her personality is precious. 

while rewatching... just noticed the scene where MiRae got her surgery... the place where her mom and her were discussing... that terrace / park... is it the same scene as the last episode??? it looks like it is...!

if it is, amazed on how memorable the ending is... they could have included a flashback at the end with some voice-over to get the co-relation of the place as to her feelings at that very moment....:wub:

oh the beauty of details while re-watching!!! hahaha... :lol:

2 hours ago, arohaew said:

I just signed up an account in soompi even though I'd been checking Kdrama posts for several years here, but Gangnam Beauty really touched my heart. I have been reading the whole 155 pages and agreed with every post. I'm so happy that there are so many people here having the same feeling with me. I started my rewatching marathon with going through the posts here, too. I really have trouble to move on. And now I become a fan of CEW and so his group.  Of course, I love ISH, too. Her personality is precious. 

That's so awesome! You and I both were inspired to make accounts because of this drama, lol. It's so powerful! And I definitely hadn't even heard of ASTRO before this drama, but now I love their music. Can't wait until I have time to watch all of Soo Hyang's previous dramas too.

7 minutes ago, KymberleeD said:

while rewatching... just noticed the scene where MiRae got her surgery... the place where her mom and her were discussing... that terrace / park... is it the same scene as the last episode??? it looks like it is...!

Yup! I loved it, because it seemed like a continuation of the episode 15 plot. First Mi Rae returned to her middle school with Kyung Seok and replaced bitter memories with sweet ones, and now she returns to the place she recovered from surgery with him. Back then, she was still insecure and afraid of having made a mistake but now she's sure of herself and happy with a man she loves. :wub:

Another simplistic scene.. :phew:

MR gazes at KS n tries to reason her attraction that he is simply handsome.. He is just good looking.:wub:. *we know that gurl*.. The way KS turns n looks at her n MR turns into a hot mess.:lol:.*if he looked at me that way, I would have dropped dead there* .. But MR survived n tried to run from the attack of his beauty!! But LMAO destiny wants something she is pushed towards KS.. The way confused MR confuses KS with her busy talks n then she leaves away behind a equally confused KS..:joy: Giving birth to the confusion couple.. 

I know it's typical scene of H gets pushed to her H.. But still it looks good on our DoRae couple:kiss_wink:

P. S. I m planning to start new tales of gisaeng :crazy:.. I m hoping I would be over this drama soon!! B)

---------------------------------------

Eun Woo the hairstylist is back n it reminds me of.. 

The power of the female gaze is one of my favorite parts of that scene, @icyphoenix! I love that Mi Rae is allowed to just stare openly at him and admire him the way we so often see men in media (and life) ogling and rating women. 

But at the same time, it shows how beauty can be subjective (even when you’re as beautiful as Eunwoo!). Because she wouldn’t even consider finding him attractive until she knew he never laughed at her. She fell for his kindness and straightforward nature, which then meant she was more open to his beauty after. ^_^

2 hours ago, kangminjae said:

The power of the female gaze is one of my favorite parts of that scene, @icyphoenix! I love that Mi Rae is allowed to just stare openly at him and admire him the way we so often see men in media (and life) ogling and rating women. 

But at the same time, it shows how beauty can be subjective (even when you’re as beautiful as Eunwoo!). Because she wouldn’t even consider finding him attractive until she knew he never laughed at her. She fell for his kindness and straightforward nature, which then meant she was more open to his beauty after. ^_^

As she told that the director blurred her past face coz they didn't want to make beauty subjective to standards.. I loved how the writer n director were thoughtful abt the subject beauty n delivered it beautifully..

15 hours ago, KymberleeD said:

if it is, amazed on how memorable the ending is... they could have included a flashback at the end with some voice-over to get the co-relation of the place as to her feelings at that very moment....:wub:

oh the beauty of details while re-watching!!! hahaha... :lol:

yes

i noticed that days ago too and was about to talk abt it but then the silly me was busy reading other's posts till i totally fogot abt it :lol:

5 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

She feels pride in him

https://www.soompi.com/article/1237871wpp/im-soo-hyang-shares-thoughts-cha-eun-woo-actor-id-gangnam-beauty

I m too impressed by ISH.. She is making me fall for her more n more!! 

"When he cried, it’s as if he’s shedding gems from his eyes. I envied him.” - THEORY CONFIRMED Cha Eun Woo is a merman like in The Legend Of the Blue Sea hahaha

ISH is a gem too. She is one of the few people who sees him as more than a pretty face and acknowledges his efforts  *cough* she's perfect for Eun Woo *cough*

5 hours ago, kangminjae said:

A well depicted female gaze is so rare. Often is just ogeling the male body in a fan fetish way ... and like you said, I love how she still has some self respect and didn't fall for him straightaway just because he was handsome. She got to know him better and saw his true self... which is just as beautiful!

Hi I I am an active silent lurker in this thread. As many of you I am still can’t move on to another drama. 

Eventhough I am quite late to to comment but I wish to check on you guys opinion on the dating rumors  gossip of CEW and Jon Woo Ri claimed  by the some Knetz. 

I happend to to click on this below link and read.....

Eventhough the claim was loosely baseless..I am just curious about few things:

1. When we see the BTS which has these two in one frame- I can see that Jon Woo Ri likes to make some contact/moves towards CEW. Jon won Ri looks like that she is comfortable with him that eventhough CEW looks like kind of shy. 

2. When Jon Woo Ri sits very very close to him and even closer when they take pictures, I was like think that both of them look very comfortable ...CEW too. He didn’t avoid her.

3. During the BTS of their presentation in front of the class, when JWR makes mistake she just comfortably leaning towards CEW. 

4. Even in the wrap up party they sit next to each other.

I am just thinking why JWR looks comfortable with him? CEW allows that? 

suddenly I have this thought...they might have interest in each other.

why suddenly I bring this up because probably I am just like some of you, after effect the drama, I don’t like Soo Ah so I don’t like the two of them to end up dating in real life too....ha ha am I too childish? 

If I have this thought, then probably I can move on already...

what do do you guys think? 

@Jusyed I don’t think that being comfortable is a sign of dating or there being something between them. Eunwoo is comfortable with Soo Hyang, who is comfortable with Dong Yeon, who is comfortable with Dohee, etc. Not to mention that Eunwoo isn’t gonna risk his career at its outset by dating someone at this point in time.

That aescene is so adorable @molaihawaii- especially Mi Rae being so shocked that it can work.

6 minutes ago, Jusyed said:

I don't mind if CEW and JWR dating in real life...but i doubted that they are. I'm more of ISH fan so I'm hoping that i can see her soon in another project.

Though I'm  a hard core DoRea fan!!!!

Archived