[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

I couldn’t join the forum when the episode was airing so I feel like I’m late for the party and it’s too late to spazz over the kiss. But i’ll do it any way. :w00t:

AAAHHHH, my heart. :wub: It was a beautiful kiss. I understand the concessions they made because CEW is a young idol but In my opinion they made it work. It is supposed their very first kiss ever and having it overly passionate wouldn’t fit in with their innocent characters. But they showed enough that it wasn’t too innocent and it was so perfect for a first kiss with the sentiment that KS accepts MR for who she is, they support and love each other.

First girlfriend, first boyfriend, first hand holding, first date, first love, first kiss. :rolleyes:

I forgot first back hug. Thanks @dramaninja for the gif and reminder. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, icyphoenix said:

I felt in some scenes like we r having actual ISH n CEW instead of MR n DKS.. Like in this one.. It truly reminded me of ISH n CEW banters in BTS.. The trademark smile of CEW

You’re right! I tried to stop myself from saying because I’m afraid ISH might have some haters from the fans of CEW. Oh well but it’s true or maybe I am just being paranoid like MR. :lol:

3 hours ago, alekaonu said:

:w00t: DKS kissed MR twice.:wub: 1st unexpected kiss to assure MR that he likes her despite her previous original face.

2nd to go in for another kiss. Saw DKS opened his mouth to kiss MR and she responded. :sweatingbullets: I bet many Astro fangirls are either laughing or crying. :lol:

@ohoheli dongseng! I hope you did screencap the kisses. :P

fan girls should be happy they can imagine that kiss on them now ;p

3 hours ago, f2tshys said:

I've a feeling SA will somehow be disfigured by that crazy guy and she'll have to get plastic surgery in the end.

Karma is a bish that would be terrible but still karma. 

2 hours ago, volturi987 said:

LOL! You’re very observant my friend! I can say that you really watched it very closely and carefully that you even saw his back muscle! Now I need to rewatch it! 

I saw several fan accounts in instagram where most of their captions were: 은우야 하지마ㅏㅏㅏㅏ!!!! “Eun Woo don’t do it” awww! I felt a bit bad for them but then again I’m happy he did it! :wub:

@icyphoenix Exactly my thought! He just dove in like some hungry wolf ready to devour it’s prey!!! But didn’t we all loved it? :lol:

his fans are irrelevant tbh hes a acting and the fans he will gain from acting will accept this.

2 hours ago, OliviaRonnie95 said:

This may come out wrong or w/e but Astro does not have many fans to begin with the fans he gained from acting will far outweigh the ones who supported him with Astro and those fans will know that hes actor so needs to be able to kiss.

1 hour ago, volturi987 said:

@kangminjae Thanks for the eye satisfying gifs! I hope the angry mobs will feel glad that their idol can execute his acts properly. They should be proud of him. :rolleyes:

Both ISH and CEW did a very good job in this drama honestly. That’s why we were hooked I guess. And the most important thing is that they dis not give us that awkward fish kiss like most kdrama tend to have. I am so happy that I watched this drama. 

I’m a bit sad that we are now just down with 1 episode. I’m gonna miss them and also you guys! :tears:

That small mob can gtfo and not support him and leave him with people who actually care about his career.

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

what the hell... they don't kiss.. its a peck..

and all is hidden..i guess they had to save the idol's pristine image 

and is that crazy guy trying to throw acid on soo ah? sick!

That was not a peck.

People on naver seem happy with the kiss. 

You’re right! I tried to stop myself from saying because I’m afraid ISH might have some haters from the fans of CEW. Oh well but it’s true or maybe I am just being paranoid like MR. :lol:

Luckily the fans he gained from this drama will far outweigh the ones he had before.

20 minutes ago, volturi987 said:

He was tired of barely having expressions. It was time to break free!

But speaking from the point of view of the character, I love that having Mi Rae in his life really changed Kyung Seok as much as having him has changed her. Because of her, he was awake and present in the world again. She literally reunited his family but she also metaphorically saved him from his cold, protective shell.

OMO! Didn't get to catch it early with you all and I come back to this forum with like 10 pages to read. Lol! Everyone is all hyped up about the KISS!! :lol::lol: I am, too! 

I'm like at the store with mom and constantly refreshing instagram until the kiss came out! Lol! I cannot believe it that they left for the end of the episode, too. Oh boy! Oh boy! They sure know how to tease us.

Thanks everyone for posting short videos and making cute gifs of the kiss scene. :lol: I cannot wait for subs and tomorrow's episode. Even though it's ending, seeming the preview makes me happy. Although I feel like they could of made it a 20 episode drama, so it gave more details to close off other things. I do felt a little rush for tomorrow's episode, but today we got a tons of our OTP together. Loving that DKS is smiling.

Yeah, I’m surprised at how much is left for tomorrow’s ep, @turtle0217. But at the same time, they managed to speed through SA’s backstory effectively, so now it’s really only the climax and resolution of that.

Speaking of: I’m glad they’re tying Woo Young into the Soo Ah story so he doesn’t just drop off the map, and I’m relieved that Won Ho turned out not to be total garbage. Him going to the TA to help SA find the real culprit was surprisingly decent of him. 

1 hour ago, kangminjae said:

But speaking from the point of view of the character, I love that having Mi Rae in his life really changed Kyung Seok as much as having him has changed her. Because of her, he was awake and present in the world again. She literally reunited his family but she also metaphorically saved him from his cold, protective shell.

I love what you said about how KS & MR change each other's life for the better. MR probably doesn't realize how much influence she has on him, but KS and people around him (his mom, WJ) definitely appreciate her for healing KS's scar and helping build the bridge to mend his relationship with his mother. KS knows what a gem she is and loves her for it.

Side note: I love HJ's character even more through the short scene where KS & MR mentioned her while visiting their middle school. MR said little HJ always fight with her bullies. Even as a kid, she has the emotional intelligence to appreciate MR's personality and stands by her friend no matter what. She is such an awesome human being, a great friend and a ray of hope. I hope the drama give us a few more scenes with her to hint at the bright/happy future she will have.

1 hour ago, kangminjae said:

Yeah, I’m surprised at how much is left for tomorrow’s ep, @turtle0217. But at the same time, they managed to speed through SA’s backstory effectively, so now it’s really only the climax and resolution of that.

Speaking of: I’m glad they’re tying Woo Young into the Soo Ah story so he doesn’t just drop off the map, and I’m relieved that Won Ho turned out not to be total garbage. Him going to the TA to help SA find the real culprit was surprisingly decent of him. 

Yes, I agree with you. Glad that Won Ho is speaking up and not holding his tongue like he usually does.

I really like how they are playing Eun's character. She's a really great person and I'm glad she had some parts that are important to them all. She kept them in check. I hope she plays more drama. She's really pretty.

21 minutes ago, 0live13ranch said:

Side note: I love HJ's character even more through the short scene where KS & MR mentioned her while visiting their middle school. MR said little HJ always fight with her bullies. Even as a kid, she has the emotional intelligence to appreciate MR's personality and stands by her friend no matter what. She is such an awesome human being, a great friend and a ray of hope. I hope the drama give us a few more scenes with her to hint at the bright/happy future she will have.

Hyun Jung is a queen and deserves to be treated as such! I really hope that Kyung Seok saying Mi Rae should be good to her has some kind of payoff in the final episode, even if it's just one quick scene between the besties.

2 hours ago, kangminjae said:

Yes they both progressed positively due to each others’ presence. DKS and her sister was able to reconcile with their mom and correct their misconception on her thanka to MR. I am happy with WH because even he was ao into SA before he was able to move on after seeing the TRUE character of SA. I also admire YE for being genuinely concern about SA. She did not reach out for SA out of curiosity but because she was really worried about her. I continuously hate JH on the contrary. She’s ignorant until the end about SA’s real feelings. Especially when she said that “It’s ok SA because DKS has a low standard in choosing someone.” I wanted to slap her so she could finally wakeup from her nughtmare and illusion that SA is far better choice than anyone else. The father also getting his piece of karma now and how DKS just rubbed salt to his wound but all he was able to do was tell him to leave. I felt bad for him. 

I am looking forward for tomorrow’s episode because we can see more of our OTP’s happiness now that they can express theirselves more out in the open. I also wanted to see how will the interaction between MR’s parents after finding out that DKS stayed the night with MR at their house. How will SA end up? More cute scenes of our couple. A few more hours and hopefully the typhoon will soon stop before it airs so I can watch it live without any power interuption. :blush:

Also I want to see this scene in its entirety  

14 hours ago, volturi987 said:

The culprit of that wonderful kiss was this cute fight over the picture. :lol:

And I guess MR enjoyed that and now she’s even initiating. :wub:

The way I see it, MR was so busy trying to get hold of the picture she didn't even realise she was practically on top of him but KS was fully aware of their skinship and was greatly affected by it that's why he had to take a shot of soju afterwards. Anyway, this scene is so cute showing how playful he can be if he wanted to...

Archived