Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

Finally found the time to watch the episode with English sub. 

Gosh! I wanna strangle Soo Ah soo much! :rage: Like she's flipping words around and yes, I understand it was KMR who blurt out about her and DKS going to the same middle school, but seriously Soo Ah has to go and tell everyone about it. Seriously this woman can't keep her mouth shut. And the lab scene, when she dropped the flask on herself. Yes, she's trying to see how DKS would react, because he cared for KMS when she burn her fingers. Man! They really know how to make her character annoying. 

I am hoping that Soo Ah doesn't work at the bar and it's KMR who gets the job and works there with DKS.

10 minutes ago, tianaa said:

he looked kind a cutie when he asked MR if he was cool and she said No 

that sunbae deserves this and more

I found that scene cute. DKS was adorable asking her that and the little interaction between them is cute.

When he beat up that sunbae, it was like he just walked in without saying anything and trashed that guy with the mop. That stupid sunbae deserves it. He needed to be taught a lesson. That's why no one respect him.

• Like 10

I jumped to the latest chapter of the webtoon and well, well, well. SA is really something. Beware of this kind of person, people.

In fairness to MR and everyone blinded by SA's foxiness, she's indeed sly. Viewers see all sides so we can easily tell she's a fake. The characters unfortunately don't, plus they are already biased from the start. KS has been very observant so he can see through people. 

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, jeijei said:

I jumped to the latest chapter of the webtoon and well, well, well. SA is really something. Beware of this kind of person, people.

In fairness to MR and everyone blinded by SA's foxiness, she's indeed sly. Viewers see all sides so we can easily tell she's a fake. The characters unfortunately don't, plus they are already biased from the start. KS has been very observant so he can see through people. 

Oh yes! She's a real sly fox! I'm glad that they had DKS's character be the one who sees through everything. I sometime hates it in dramas where the main guy doesn't see it at all that the second girl is a sly fox. I like it that DKS is soo observant that he hears and sees everything.

Saw this on JTBC Instagram, thought I share it. Cha Eun Woo is soo tall. I don't even notice that he's that tall in the drama.

Also so BTS pictures. Don't know what's going on in the pictures, but my guess is he waiting for her..?

Credit to instagram owner

• Like 10

I really liked episode 3, it's very interesting to hear your thoughts too. I love those moments between MR and KS and the cafeteria scene was really nice! I love that they are unintentionally getting closer haha...this guy is so charming :P I think it will be interesting that in the preview KS already suspect that MR didn't drop the glass, he is the only one that sees through her. I thought she was annoying and fake in the first two episodes but this is kind of alarming behaviour. So much other things in the preview, the storyline is certainly not boring! I'll be back later when episode 4 is out :)

• Like 10

After watching episode 3, one thing haunts me. It was when Mi Rae spent the night at her parent's house and Mi Rae's mom said to her:

"They're finally seeing your true value now that you're pretty..."

That is just so heartbreaking. :( I think this really sums up how a big part of our society thinks. That a person's value is measured by what you own, your appearance, your connections, your education, etc. In my opinion, every single person on this earth is equal and has the same value. It doesn't matter if you are rich or choose to stay in your bed for the rest of your life. You are a valuable person nonetheless.

I hope that Mi Rae will start to understand this little by little. I think she took her first step with the help of Do Kyung-seok. I am interested to see what she will come to realize next on her journey to becoming truly happy. :)

PS. It seems many of you on this thread have read the webtoon. Could you, please, not spoil for the rest of us who haven't read the webtoon, the things you may know about the characters or future events? Please, use the spoiler tags / hidden contents. Thank you in advance! :)

• Like 8

Just watched the 3rd episode and I liked it. I don't mind the change of events and the order of events. I think  it comes with the adaptation. A tv show/drama is a tv show. A book is a book. And a webtoon is a webtoon. So things need to be changed so they can fit in the limitations of a 16-episodes drama. As long as it's done well I'm fine with it. But I also like to see the discussions on what was changed and what didn't make it into the drama version. :) 

But of course there are always eager fans out there who will complain about any adaptation. Something will be always amiss. But again: a drama is a drama.

I agree though that I'm a bit confused in regards of the timeline in the drama. There seems to happen something everyday and I would like to see that Mi Rae doesn't need to deal with crazy sunbae or Soo Ah one day after the other. I just wish to see them having like maybe days or even a week or so passing. Otherwise it comes across as if Mi Rae is really in her "The college bully version"-nightmare. I don't need the drama to tick off every iconic webtoon scene but that's me and I understand when webtoon readers are looking for those scenes. :) 

Also agree the antagonists - so to speak - are pretty much black and white but:

Spoiler

that's the same in the webtoon tbh. And while Soo Ah has to deal with her own problems as well, she still is not likable - neither in the webtoon nor the drama (so far).

But that's simply because the webtoon and the drama want to bring a point across or it's a very raw way of making me want to side with Mi Rae. As if being bullied in school isn't enough reason to sympathize with her and be on her side. 

Again I like both, the webtoon and drama, but it's not perfect and in anyway elaborate in the way it's telling its story. But it's entertaining and I'm looking forward to the next episodes and character development. :D

• Like 7

I really loved when DKS jumped and hit that mop senior...

tumblr_pcxay9XQbT1vqlkb3o1_400.giftumblr_pcxay9XQbT1vqlkb3o2_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pcxay9XQbT1vqlkb3o3_400.giftumblr_pcxay9XQbT1vqlkb3o4_400.giftumblr_pcxay9XQbT1vqlkb3o5_400.gif

tumblr_pcxay9XQbT1vqlkb3o6_400.gif

I have one thing to ask seriously are they gonna pull Soo Ah the poor girl acting as rich trope? 

• Like 8

I watched episode 3 with subs and they are depicting the university life so well. Why Soo A wants everyone's attention like all the time. I don't get her mentality.

• Like 12

34 minutes ago, bubbles05 said:

I watched episode 3 with subs and they are depicting the university life so well. Why Soo A wants everyone's attention like all the time. I don't get her mentality.

Me , neither chingu. She also lies about where she lives @bubbles05

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, bubbles05 said:

Haven't read the webtoon, so am basing my analysis on what I have seen so far. Soo Ah wants attention because she feels validated that way. Her self esteem is tied to how much other people admire her and pay attention to her. When she sees Mi Rae get attention, she feels that that is taking attention away from her -> thus diminishing the admiration she gets. In her mind, this is a real threat to her whole existence, and therefore she must eliminate the threat (Mi Rae) in any way possible.

In essence, she is very much like a narcissist.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Haven't read the webtoon, so am basing my analysis on what I have seen so far. Soo Ah wants attention because she feels validated that way. Her self esteem is tied to how much other people admire her and pay attention to her. When she sees Mi Rae get attention, she feels that that is taking attention away from her -> thus diminishing the admiration she gets. In her mind, this is a real threat to her whole existence, and therefore she must eliminate the threat (Mi Rae) in any way possible.

In essence, she is very much like a narcissist.

Yes, she acts like a narcissist. Yet, SA has something in common with KMR: both have a low self esteem but SA deals with it differently. KMR has internalized it: in her eyes, it is her fault... whereas SA actually blames the others. SA needs the attention and admiration in order to feel better. Since she needs to be in the center of people's attention and admiration, she is not able to connect with others. Hence she has no real friend, she has no one by her side telling her that she is great (underlining her qualities). She is annoyed by being judged because of her appearances... when she had that job interview, you could feel that she really wanted to do well but the manager only looked at her face and said that she didn't need to do anything. So she is not seen for her real value: hardworking, smart aso... It can be really frustrating for her.

It was interesting that when KMR revealed her connection with DKS to SA, the latter announced it to the others. By doing so, she actually showed that she was someone who gossiped. Only DKS saw her wrongdoing, KMR didn't even question her trust.

I can understand why KMR is deceived so easily by SA. We shouldn't forget that KMR used to be bullied in the past which means that no one was nice to her at school. Now in college, SA is the first one who told her that they were friends. She is well-mannered and she doesn't mistreat her. SA seems to be nice on the surface. KMR has never dealt with people who would act behind her back like that. Notice that SA (after her last trick) didn't get upset at KMR or blamed her. She let people think that she is nice and generous. She is trying with her fake kindness to "kill" KMR. However, she makes sure that people will think, KMR made a mistake. Fortunately, DKS could see through her again... And this is the reason why SA would like to date DKS: the more he sees her for who she really is, the more she thinks that finally she has found someone who sees her true personality and not just her face.

• Like 16

omg i don't think i can wait for next week!!

the teaser!!!!!

the close proximity

omg were they drunk??!!??

ahhhhh 

• Like 10

Annyeong everyone, 

My first post here.  I am really enjoying this show.   Dramamilk have started live recaps of this show from today.  thanks to them, here's the translation of Preview of ep.5:love:

KS – In middle school I smiled only once and it was about you.
MR – Crazy crazy!
Sunbae – The best visual ever among the class of 2018
Sunbae – Mirae is also good.
VO – New face!
YE – For the festival, can you help the bar?
SA – Mirae should do it.
VO – She is Hanguk University Goddess, why did someone like her *like* your post?
SA – At first I thought you two did n’t know each other because you did not greet each other.
VO – What are you doing about the festival
MR – Festival, I am a little busy now
HJ – You are Mirae-s department TA?
WY – would you like to have a drink together? We can go near the school and call Mirae to join us also.
VO – We picked good servers, naive good looking SA and sexy looking MR
KS Abogi – That woman came back to Korea, she dumped the kids for an affair with a young man. I know you wont see her, but…
HJ – Mirae
WY – After cleaning up, I will have a house warming party, what are you doing
KS – What are you doing here? You said you are busy.
KS – When are you going to have the house warming party?
WY – Are you really coming or do you like someone among them?

CR: https://www.dramamilk.com/live-recap-my-id-is-gangnam-beauty-kdrama-episode-3/

OMO, our boy got jealous.  Since she told she was busy to accompany him for the school festival, but she was there with the TA and he was also inviting her for the house warming party.:wub:

Can somebody please give/ pm me the webtoon link with eng subs.  thank you so much in advance.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

just saw the preview for next week.. Waiting for Friday is pure torture. I will be watching the episodes over and over again until Friday..  Mirae:heart:KyungSeok.. :wub::wub:

• Like 9
  • LOL 1