[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Cant let your girl see you this broke. :glasses:

I truly felt for him in that moment, lmao. I think plenty of college students have gone through the experience of being willing to pick up a 10 cent coin off the street just so they can eat lol.

Annyeong @xxPeepsxx chingu, sorry to disturb when you were almost asleep. Then you should only do the video the next day. :D Nomu gomawo for the video and the translations. Your hangumal is good ahhhhh. Are you a hanguksaram or you have taken a class before?

Annyeong chingu deul, Ep9 showed how desperately SA wanna hold on to KS. Did you all notice she touched his arm when her part-time cafe boss hired KS? Luckily KS overheard the male worker and rejected the offer to work there. If not, the poor male worker was going to lose his job.

Today, SA will confess to MR that she likes KS and I hope MR don't give up on KS. Anyway it seems that MR admires WY because he's a very nice guy even though a nagger :P

@moodypie @Mau_Cherry @ohoheli @nonski chingu odi?

Look at his expressions:joy::heart:.  A big relief that she is on his back and a victorious look at WY hyung.

KgBrN4Z.png

cr: dc gall

CEW is really acting very well DKS character for his first project.  I dont understand why somebody compared him with Suzy.  Suzy even after so many projects, i dont thing she is doing that good in the acting dept. except the one with Woobin. She is a beauty, thats it.   But CEW is emoting very well.  I was just laughing like a fool when he does something out of his reserved character.  The past 2-3 episodes, his jealousy, him coming out of the live  independently and his st.forward interactions with MR.  He is doing really good.  I really look forward to his future projects. 

And the ratings increased.  yessssss!!!!! Hope it crosses 5% for tonite's ep.  Also look forward to MR change in style.  

In DC Gall, discussion is, maybe KS may confess to MR during the rain scene where he covers her with his shirt.  

6 hours ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

…there are a lot of other things but another one is how the short haired sunbae doesn't think there is anything wrong with her beauty just because she is a tomboy.

Also I thought Goo Tae-young was cool but seeing how he falls easily into Soo Ah's trap makes me think that he doesn't even deserve Kim Tae-hee ╮(︶︿︶)╭

Hi @ChyuuNyuu I have the same thoughts as you. At the moment, I don't like the senior GTY, he is easily swayed by a prettier face. He don't deserve KTH. The tomboy is pretty and cute, she's bold and WY was taken aback by her compliments.

I have to confess, I like MR for KS and WY too. But of course we know this story is all about MR and KS.

25 minutes ago, kodomonojikan said:

I just love the progression of MR falling into KS.  From manner hands to wrapping around her body. ;) 

His "gwenchanya?" omo. No I would not be if I were her.. I'd be near dead already being so close to him :lol:

It's not about whether Soo Ah seems nice and humble or not, it's that Tae Young told Tae Hee he liked her and wasn't interested in prettier/skinnier girls. And yet he's the one 'suggesting' they keep the relationship a secret and now falling for Soo Ah's charms.

If he hadn't led Tae Hee on first, then it wouldn't matter as much that he was now interested in Soo Ah. Plus, it's not like Tae Hee isn't a kind girl, either. It's not like SA is presenting a more appealing personality, she's merely sending out some signs of interest that have Tae Young dropping Tae Hee like a hot potato.

Lyrics for mv by junggigo.  The lyrics is so beautiful.:heart::wub:.  I find all ost very nice.  And moreover there seems to more fans to this drama now.  Hope more join this forum and express their views on this gem.  

JUNGGIGO – D-DAY (GANGNAM BEAUTY OST PART 5)

You know you don’t have to dress up like that
You’re pretty enough
But today, you’re even prettier
So it’s like torture
At the end of my wait
You always call to me and greet me
That sweetly ringing ‘hello’ in my ears
Wish it was always you

It’s finally D-Day, won’t ever feel this way again
Pink lights color the sky
Our first date, D-Day, after these shy times
You & I will bloom into us

Between the quiet crack
Of coincidence and fate
Our warm story is filling it up

I wanna stay longer but time passes so quickly
The night sky grows deep after the sadness
As we look at each other, growing red

You know you don’t have to dress up like that
You know you’re overly pretty
Only to me, you are so beautiful, thank you

Episode 10 written preview

[10회 예고] 너 다시 만난 거 기뻐…♡

<부제 : 남자친구도 괜찮잖아>
썸인 듯 아닌 듯 행동하는 경석(차은우) 때문에 혼란스러운 미래(임수향), 하지만 그런 경석이 자꾸만 눈에 아른거리면서 설레는 맘을 가라앉히기 점점 힘들어지고.. 이런 상황 속에 경석은 미래와 같은 아르바이트를 시작하게 되는데… 한편, 경석과 미래 사이의 묘한 분위기를 느낀 수아(조우리)는 질투심과 위기감에 미래를 불러내는데… 수아가 미래에게 건넨 충격적인 발언은?

(naver translate as suggested by @stuartjmz)

I am glad to see you again...♡

Subtitles: Your boyfriend is fine.>
The scene that acts like it's not a thumb is confusing for Cha Eun-woo. In this situation, Kyung-seok starts a part-time job with MR. Meanwhile, Su-a (Jo-woo), who feels a strange atmosphere between the KS and the future, is bringing up MR with jealousy and sense of crisis. What shocking remarks did Sua made to MR?

3 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Lyrics for mv by junggigo.  The lyrics is so beautiful.:heart::wub:.  I find all ost very nice.  And moreover there seems to more fans to this drama now.  Hope more join this forum and express their views on this gem.  

Episode 10 written preview

I am glad to see you again...♡

Subtitles: Your boyfriend is fine.>
The scene that acts like it's not a thumb is confusing for Cha Eun-woo. In this situation, Kyung-seok starts a part-time job with MR. Meanwhile, Su-a (Jo-woo), who feels a strange atmosphere between the KS and the future, is bringing up MR with jealousy and sense of crisis. What shocking remarks did Sua made to MR?

I'm loving the song, too. It's very catchy but has a nice meaning to it.

Didn't have time to watch today's episode, but will wait for tomorrow's too and I'll watch it all. But for sure I am not liking SA, it's like "Seriously woman give up already. DKS will never look your way. He never did the first start and he never will."

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

CEW is really acting very well DKS character for his first project.  I dont understand why somebody compared him with Suzy.  Suzy even after so many projects, i dont thing she is doing that good in the acting dept. except the one with Woobin. She is a beauty, thats it.   But CEW is emoting very well.  I was just laughing like a fool when he does something out of his reserved character.  The past 2-3 episodes, his jealousy, him coming out of the live  independently and his st.forward interactions with MR.  He is doing really good.  I really look forward to his future projects. 

AGREED!! I think CEW is doing great as his first leading role in a drama. He's doing well with his facial and body expressions... some aren't super obvious but are noticeable if you pay attention (which I think is intentional, especially in the earlier part of the show when he hasn't quite warmed up completely yet to MR. You can spot minute details in his eyes even!). Now, you see him giving her more smiles (ugh I'm dying) and I love the smug face he makes (like when he came out of the bathroom and told MR he lives with WY, or the piggy back scene hehe). After this drama, I hope we will see more of CEW in other dramas, although I'm sure it is hard work for him because he also has to devote time to being in ASTRO. He's young but health is still super important!

I'm happy that the next episode isn't too far from now, but sad because after that is another long stretch before we see episode 11!!! I hope they get together soon because I need to see some real puppy love scenes between MR and KS!! :wub::wub:

1 hour ago, kangminjae said:

It's not about whether Soo Ah seems nice and humble or not, it's that Tae Young told Tae Hee he liked her and wasn't interested in prettier/skinnier girls. And yet he's the one 'suggesting' they keep the relationship a secret and now falling for Soo Ah's charms.

If he hadn't led Tae Hee on first, then it wouldn't matter as much that he was now interested in Soo Ah. Plus, it's not like Tae Hee isn't a kind girl, either. It's not like SA is presenting a more appealing personality, she's merely sending out some signs of interest that have Tae Young dropping Tae Hee like a hot potato.

I have to agree with this.. I consider tae young as a cheater..He is defo in relationship with other girl n then he falls over another!I truly think he isn't what he said at first! .. His GF is pretty n kind too what makes him more attracted to Soo Ah.. I don't believe that she is showing more kindness than Tae Hee!! It just seems blind falling over! I just admire DKS in that aspect!! Not even WY coz he too fell for MR's outer appearance at first!! 

Since a part of the show talks about perfumes I wanna say body odour is something that has always intrigued me. I mean to say why do some people smell bad and other smell good even when they use scents to hide it? I feel for KS KMR smells very good since from his middle school years to now. So much so that he can sense her presence when she enters a room. I thought he sensed her presence before he saw her when she entered the lecture hall in this scene!

I need to watch the episode with subs later when I have more time.

1 hour ago, kangminjae said:

That's a fair point..

However, like i said in previous post, which has been removed to cater to whims and fancies of a few people, 

would you associate his shunning KTH as cowardice or as him falling for someone more pretty? Like, for e.g. if some other girl would have confessed to him, would he still be with KTH or try to double date the girls..

Is he wrong towards TH? absolutely. Completely agree with you there. Hmm, about TH being nice girl.. the way the drama has been set up, we are shown how polite , prim, and proper SA is towards all. Everyone else, let's say is a real real... like in terms of korean tradition... always bowing, ever smiling, not idling around.. just stuff like that.. in that sense SA is associated with a perfect personality

12 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

Since a part of the show talks about perfumes I wanna say body ordour is something that has always intrigued me. I mean to say why do some people smell bad and other smell good even when they use scents to hide it? I feel for KS KMR smells very good since from his middle school years to now. So much so that he can sense her presence when she enters a room. I thought he sensed her presence before he saw her when she entered the lecture hall in this scene!

I need to watch the episode with subs later when I have more time.

Is it possible to alter your body smell?

and is it really that pobvious, what each person smells like.. as in to human nose?

I do find the point interesting that WJ pointed to MR, fragnance of perfume alters based on who is wearing it.. because personal scent also plays a role

22 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

I have to agree with this.. I consider tae young as a cheater..He is defo in relationship with other girl n then he falls over another!I truly think he isn't what he said at first! .. His GF is pretty n kind too what makes him more attracted to Soo Ah.. I don't believe that she is showing more kindness than Tae Hee!! It just seems blind falling over! I just admire DKS in that aspect!! Not even WY coz he too fell for MR's outer appearance at first!! 

Just to point out, 

DKS is greek god himself.. so under normal conditions, SA's strength is no value add for him .. because going by the theme, he can get any girl.

Also, i am just wondering on the overall message. What would it have been if a normal looking, normal nice man was the one interested in her. At the end of the day, for all the good drama wants to do by showing beauty is skin deep.. it falls into the same trap.

Not just good looking, but the most good looking, intelligent, and rich man falls for a girl who thinks she is not pretty. And he falls at a time when she thinks she looks pretty. 

In terms of character personalities, i think EY, and her friend who helps DKS friend actually have the best personality and sanest practical approach to life. And, the ones who have consistently not judged people on looks - good or bad. No biases.

19 minutes ago, susieunnie said:

AGREED!! I think CEW is doing great as his first leading role in a drama. He's doing well with his facial and body expressions... some aren't super obvious but are noticeable if you pay attention (which I think is intentional, especially in the earlier part of the show when he hasn't quite warmed up completely yet to MR. You can spot minute details in his eyes even!). Now, you see him giving her more smiles (ugh I'm dying) and I love the smug face he makes (like when he came out of the bathroom and told MR he lives with WY, or the piggy back scene hehe). After this drama, I hope we will see more of CEW in other dramas, although I'm sure it is hard work for him because he also has to devote time to being in ASTRO. He's young but health is still super important!

Seconded! (Thirded?) I've seen some people complain about his acting, but I think there's a lot of nuance there. He's doing really well with the "cold" personality, and yet you see the subtle shifts when he softens for Mi Rae, gets jealous of Woo Young, or feels regret over the part-time job he feels compelled to give up. 

Not to mention how different he is acting from his personality in ASTRO and interviews. And it doesn't feel fake onscreen either, there's a natural progression in his development. I think he and Im Soo Hyang are particularly well-cast, especially because both KS and MR are particularly hard characters to bring to life imo. When reading the webtoon, I kept thinking "No one can be as cold as Kyung Seok" and "No one can be as awkward as Mi Rae." But Eunwoo and Soo Hyang are coming pretty close!

Really enjoyed episode 9 and that preview omo! .....SooAh, I could happily punch you in the neck - no hesitation! She is such a vapid cow, its nauesating.

Anyway, this drama is just getting better by each episode. I like the messages it portrays and how it really reflects society.

Kyung Seok and Mi rae *silent sob* why are you two doing this to me? I love them and can't wait for them to establish their relationship.

that Tae Young sunbae... :sigh: I trusted youuuu!!! 

he even fall for Soo Ah's dirty tricks-_-

anywayyy, Do Kyung Seok!!! I almost had a heart attack when he said yes to working with Soo Ah, but boy oh boyyy he never fails to impress me.

and tonight episode Kyung Seok and Mirae will work together!!! WOHOOOO

But again... Soo Ah will definitely ruin it...:bawling:

The second time was so intimate; how his hand rested on hers and how her hand held on to his wrist. :wub:

3 hours ago, kodomonojikan said:

I just love the progression of MR falling into KS. From manner hands to wrapping around her body. ;)

Archived