[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

Hi chingus!

Joining in the party...

@ruzikie I think the thread now is a bit livelier than before. :)   

Nice to meet you here again @stuartjmz!

Hello dongsaeng @athena22

I just backread and thankfully it's just 6 pages for now.  Loved reading your thougths as usual @bebebisous33 @Jillia @stuartjmz @penelop3 @turtle0217

Starting this drama without reading the webtoon yet and thinking this to just another light drama, I was surprised by the issues tacked first hand in the first episode and I guess will be something that will be addressed hopefully in this show.  I also think that they actors are doing a great job with their specific roles.  They are all quite new to me except KDY, who I have only seen in Moonlight.

I think this is the first drama that addresses the issue of plastic surgery.  SoKor is the land of PS.  I personally am not into it unless as @Jillia said one needs it for medical reason.  Although I can't and don't judge people who do so.  Everyone have their own lives to live and we can never know other people's experiences that lead to whatever decisions they made. Each decision have consequences they carry with it.  I think living in SK, MR already know that she will be getting these sort of reactions from people that is why she is insistent of not revealing her identity to people from the past.  But really what a hypocritical society we have when one look like this she's doomed but when she decides to do PS, she is even more cautious because of the way people will treat her.  One just have nowhere to go. :( 

People are starting to recognize that there is a problem called bullying.  Many of these cases are evident in Korea.  There are various forms of bullying portrayed in this show.  I am glad that they were able to show them.  MR was bullied as a kid because she was fat.  It has always been a problem with kids since they are impressionable still and still have to learn a lot in life.  Many kids gets bullied for various causes.  Unfortunately, MR's bullying did not end up there, even during middle school with a slim figure she gets bullied again for her facial features.  It is sad so see her plight.  She was clearly loved by her parents but then those cannot even overcome the harshness she have to go through.  It's harder for the one being bullied especially if people gang up to bully her.  Another and more serious bullying is for newbies in school being taken advantage by seniors just because they are weak.  I hate the scumbag for planning to rape her.  She was already feeling uneasy with him beside her.  Thankfully DKS was there to save the day.  I hope this senior will have his comeuppance soon.  

I hope this show will be good till the end.  Hoping to come here often even if just to read your thoughts.

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인, Fri & Sat 23:00 KST
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, leeana21 said:

I just started the first episodr this morning and I also started reading the webtoon, but I'm confused. In the webtoon, Mr doesn't know KS but it the drama she knows him? 

In the webtoon, she knows him too. It is just that she doesn't recognize him that quickly.

Hi @nonski Glad to see you on this thread, too. :D Yes, it is a lighter drama and less to take in. So far it's been good at easing us in, so hopefully it turns out well.

6 hours ago, ruzikie said:

Hi guys

been missing for a couple weeks and finally i could watch the two episode and it's great so far. Although many people praising Eun Woo face rather than his acting in this drama. I see his acting finally developed much better. He nailed the rock stone Do Kyung Sook so much and Kang Mirae, gosh, she really like a carbon copy from the webtoon :D 

i like how the story running right now and finally, Mirae has best friend in her side since in the webtoon she does have no one in her side and gosh, Kwak Dong Yeon as second lead already setting in my heart. Damn, he is so fine~

Reveal hidden contents

about her mother, her mother had a deep trauma over her husband and she really missed her children so much. She has illness after divorced her husband and i can't blame her thou. Her husband is a douchebag and i am wondering why they didn't put Burberry Body perfume as the perfume instead. Well this time the Attelier 

Lol! I didn't know Cha Eun Woo until I saw The Best Hit. I'm a big fan of Cha Tae Hyun and his dragon bros, so that's how I got to know who Cha Eun Woo was. I was really surprised when I saw him become a main lead for a drama, I don't know, but I don't think he's been a main lead..? (correct me if I'm wrong) But honestly, as a young freshly new idol, he's good.

I honestly think that Im Soo Hyang doesn't look that young, but her acting is really good to fit KMR. I read partial of the webtoon and yes, she does fit the character. (In my opinion) But I am loving Cha Eun Woo as DKS.

Okay wow... this escalated quickly and I completely undersstand the person who can't support this drama after finding out about this. I was honestly reading about it when it happened back then. :( Well I will definitely reconsider whether I will keep watching or not. It's definitely a no-no to me to support people who are involved in any type of crime, may it be sexual assault, sexual harrassment or rape. So if this ends up being true I'm going to drop the drama for sure.

Which is sad for the cast and crew but a line must be drawn.

Hello..first time posting in this thread..it's been a while I didn't post in a drama thread.. I'm so addicted to this drama huhuhu..the vibe of this drama is different than the drama I watched before..maybe because I like this kind of genre..like CITT.. :lol:

I somehow think that the scriptwriter of this drama should write more lines for the lead and not to follow exactly from the webtoon as long as it still follow the storyline.. ok..I try to understand that maybe currently MR & KS just started to know each other and still awkward because of MR is kinda shy and a low self esteem girl while KS is cold as ice...so far Cha Eun Woo's acting is not bad..especially the way he look at MR is totally different compare to the way he look at the snake girl SA..but when watched the BTS, he is totally a different person from the drama..lol

I really can't wait to watch next episode!! I'm sure KS will follow MR when he saw her like that after she had a fight with that crazy senior..huhuhu

33 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

wow, the news do travel fast. i feel bad for the cast and crew. they better change the PD for sure.

I agree with you..they should change the PD..knetz is not wrong this time.. I feel bad on what had happened to the victim.. but i'm not going to boycott the drama because of this issue..gonna feel bad to the cast and crew if we boycott this drama..

On 7/30/2018 at 1:30 PM, nonski said:

Hi chingus!

Joining in the party...

OMG 

you here wow thank you I really enjoy your recap you really work hard in every topic you are. I'm so happy to see you again.

you know I was in the middle of an exam and I couldn't see the drama but thanks to you I can read the recap thank you and again I'm so glad to see you in this topic:wub:

On 7/30/2018 at 3:09 AM, snowpearlxl said:

Hi all! I made a video with some of my favourite scenes from episodes 1 and 2, do check it out!! :wub:

wow I just love your video thank you so much for sharing that great video :wub:

Hi, everyone I come to this topic. ohhhhhh  I just love this drama but sometimes I really heart when I saw the Mi-rae is in pain I hope in next episode she feels much better and I really love the main male, he is so sweet and good to Mi_rae. anyway I really love and enjoy this drama hope we have a great time together:wub:

10 hours ago, Dramachingu said:

I feel so sorry for the rest of the cast and crew. I am really enjoying this drama. Hope they come up with a solution for this. Maybe change pd? Is it possible to change pd amidst while drama is airing?

Ok I checked 3 different  info sites that are generally very accurate when it comes to kdramas (Asian wiki, koreandrama.org and the drama’s Wikipedia page where all the sources are from korean sites) and they all say the PD is Choi Sung-Bum not Song Byungjoon??

6 minutes ago, soontobe16 said:

Ok I checked 3 different  info sites that are generally very accurate when it comes to kdramas (Asian wiki, koreandrama.org and the drama’s Wikipedia page where all the sources are from korean sites) and they all say the PD is Choi Sung-Bum not Song Byungjoon??

Thanks a lot for the info. I even checked it out myself and you are right. The PD is a different person. Before posting something like that, the person should be sure about the facts. I mean, such a post can ruin a drama... based on false facts and rumors.

@Jillia @penelop3 

10 hours ago, Dramachingu said:

I feel so sorry for the rest of the cast and crew. I am really enjoying this drama. Hope they come up with a solution for this. Maybe change pd? Is it possible to change pd amidst while drama is airing?

They just need to change the pd.

I remember I think it was the drama Cross starring Jeon So Min and Go Kyung Pyo, the guy that played Jeon So Min's father in the drama did something horrible in real life and they just changed the storyline to remove him. So for this case, I'm sure they are going to change PD.

Saw this on JTBC's instagram. Thought I share it.

Credit to JTBCDRAMA instragram

25 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Thanks a lot for the info. I even checked it out myself and you are right. The PD is a different person. Before posting something like that, the person should be sure about the facts. I mean, such a post can ruin a drama... based on false facts and rumors.

@Jillia @penelop3 

Sure thing. I checked Korean news and I bet it would be all over the news if it's true. But I was just stating that if it's true I'm out. Since I don't support dramas with persons in it or working on it who think women are objects.

I'm glad if it's not the same person. But also I'm not the person who posted about this. Just saying.

1 hour ago, soontobe16 said:

58 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Jillia @penelop3 

Oh sorry It was all over the twitter in the drama hashtag and read two or three articles so I thought it was true.  My apologies . Anyways I am glad that I can now watch this drama without any hesitation

18 minutes ago, Dramachingu said:

Oh sorry It was all over the twitter in the drama hashtag and read two or three articles so I thought it was true.  My apologies . Anyways I am glad that I can now watch this drama without any hesitation

I know. But maybe the articles you mentioned used the twitter as evidence... Anyway, this is a "good experience" in the sense that something on twitter shouldn't be immediately accepted as truth, rather we should just look for more info and evidences. 

28 minutes ago, Dramachingu said:

No, it’s ok! I was actually more confused than anything and looking for answers instead of trying to refute what that person posted. I can’t read hangul so I can’t understand any potential nuances or details of the situation right now anyway. It might be he’s a consulting PD without billing or is attached to the drama in a different way than what the person thought, I just want to be 100% sure.

The rumor will probably gain traction as the show becomes more popular and hopefully the truth will come out. I imagine some  korean netizens are trying to figure out what’s going on too. It would be incredibly shameful if it was just someone trying. to sabotage the drama though.

it's not the main PD on listed. People are angry because the drama has executive producer who was listed on the will of people that assaulted the late Jang Jayeon. He is the executive producer. I read somewhere in Naver.

Archived