0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here Are The Top 10 Most Buzzworthy Dramas Of 2018

Here Are The Top 10 Most Buzzworthy Dramas Of 2018

Jan 3, 2019
by D. S.kim

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in 2018 have been revealed!

On January 3, Good Data Corporation Korea released the list of dramas that generated the most buzz in 2018. The company gathered data from the dramas that started airing after January 1, 2018 and ended before December 31, 2018.

As a result, JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” with Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin took first place. The drama, which aired from March 30 to May 1, 2018, received much praise for realistically portraying a couple’s romance and addressing various societal issues at the same time.

Good-Corporation-Data.jpg

Top 10 Buzzworthy Drama Of 2018:

1. JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”
  2. tvN’s “My Ahjussi”
  3. tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine”
  4. tvN’s “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim?”
  5. tvN’s “100 Days My Prince”
  6. JTBC’s “The Beauty Inside”
  7. OCN’s “The Guest”
  8. JTBC’s “Misty”
  9. JTBC’s “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty”
  10. SBS’s “Return

Top 10 Dramas With Highest Increase Rate In Buzz From First To Last Week Of Broadcast:

1. OCN’s “The Guest”
  2. JTBC’s “Misty”
  3. JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”
  4. OCN’s “Life on Mars”
  5. tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine”
  6. OCN’s “Children of a Lesser God”
  7. tvN’s “100 Days My Prince”
  8. tvN’s “My Ahjussi”
  9. JTBC’s “The Beauty Inside”
  10. tvN’s “Mother

Top 10 Dramas That Generated The Most Buzz In Their Last Week Of Broadcast:

1. tvN’s “My Ahjussi”
  2. OCN’s “The Guest”
  3. tvN’s “100 Days My Prince”
  4. tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine”
  5. JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”
  6. tvN’s “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim?”
  7. JTBC’s “The Beauty Inside”
  8. JTBC’s “Misty”
  9. JTBC’s “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty”
  10. OCN’s “Life on Mars”

• 2 months later...

There's a song I've been trying to find from this kdrama! It says in episode 5 when Mi Rae is in the bar and again when she's eating ice cream with Ms Na. It's slow and so beautiful, does anyone know what it's called?

Guys, please download soompi apps and vote for our Dorae couple. Best Couple Award and Best Drama Award for MIDGB. Eunwoo has two other awards but he is leading ahead whereas the above two awards are still far behind form the no. 1 spot. Let us vote for the Dorae couple.

• 6 months later...

Im watching ep9... and it seemed quite tiring... main leads seemed akward and i feel like im watching China drama rather than Korea  drama... 

I read good reviews about the drama but i feel tired as i want the plot to move faster and the main actress to be "scared" when acting....  but its very slow... sigh

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished this drama...I have some unpopular opinions. First, Mi Rae is a Mary Sue..... I'm sorry but getting plastic surgery is not a personality trait. She drained and bored me for most of the drama. Second, there was virtually no on-screen chemistry between Mi Rae and Kyung Seok, and that's partially due to Eun Woo's stiff and wooden acting. I understand Kyung Seok is tsundere, but he's just TOO stiff. He was better in Revenge Note, even with his limited screen time there. 

I did enjoy Jo Woo Ri's acting, she's easily the standout from this cast. Having read the webtoon, I'm a little disappointed with what they did with Soo Ah. They made her more senselessly antagonistic than needed and didn't really portray her backstory. But the actress took it on the chin and pulled out a great performance. She deserves a leading role soon. The actress who played Eun was also good and I liked her character. 

Archived