[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

Love reading new fan reviews praising the message of MIIGB and its characters! Here's another one:

Often in series (whether American, British, Korean, whatever), women are looked down upon, degraded and shamed – physically and mentally. Women are told to look and act a certain way, and if they do not conform to this standard then they are treated terribly, made fun of, and nobody stands up for them. And then comes the romantic hero, who “sees” passed all the nonconformity and rescues the damsel in distress from all of this. This series has no damsel in distress. Not that these women do not receive all the above treatment but their attitude towards receiving it is vastly different to allowing another man to protect them from men. To say the least, they are Meg from Disney’s Hercules.

Kang Mi-rae, our amazing female protagonist, is very insecure about how she looks. She was “ugly” as a child and got plastic surgery to make herself pretty. However, she is still concerned with how people see her now that she has had plastic surgery… Normally in series, when a girl is insecure the male lead swoops in and protects. Mi-rae does not allow this to happen. When Do Kyung-seok grabs her wrist to prevent her from leaving with Yeon Woo-young because he believes that she is uncomfortable and needs protection, she rips her arm away and says “I did not give you permission to touch me”. Let me tell you, this was REVOLUTIONARY for me. Because while I have watched many dramas, this wrist-grab moment always happens, and is usually the moment that feelings start to appear for on of the leads, Mi-rae denies this arch entry. She claims her body and her space. AND I LOVED IT.

There's much more than that, of course, but Mi Rae hitting Chan Woo with the bag followed by her claiming her wrist back from Kyung Seok were unequivocally the moments I fell in love with the drama!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, kangminjae said:

Love reading new fan reviews praising the message of MIIGB and its characters! Here's another one:

There's much more than that, of course, but Mi Rae hitting Chan Woo with the bag followed by her claiming her wrist back from Kyung Seok were unequivocally the moments I fell in love with the drama!

i fell in love with MR right when she hit Chan Woo

Not many female characters in kdrama could defenced themself like MR #belikeMiRae :glasses:

22 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

Sweet interview with Eunwoo, where he expresses much gratitude for MIIGB, is the king of promoting his other members, and references “harmonizing” with Soo Hyang lol.

Special highlight to harmonizing LMAO!! Like such a deep meaning in the sense music!! It shows how he was or is close with soo hyangie!! :wub:

Guys! Let’s nominate Soo Hyang for 100 most beautiful faces 2018! EW already on the list so it’s our turn to make Soo hyang happy and get recognized! Thank You. Deadline for nominations is on 11/30/18. Comments on YouTube below that you nominating Lim Soo Hyang.

@kangminjae that really cute drawing. That person is so talented and a big fan of MIIGB Webtoon characters. Thank you for sharing EW interview.. that harmonized word is so deep and had a lot of meaning... 

4 hours ago, kangminjae said:

Does anyone know who the original artist is for this adorable drawing using the MIIGB promos with the animal ears for Kyung Seok and Mi Rae? Because I'm in love!

try searching for @Lha_san on every sns and you will find out

artists always leave their mark on their own works ^^

14 hours ago, kangminjae said:

Sweet interview with Eunwoo, where he expresses much gratitude for MIIGB, is the king of promoting his other members, and references “harmonizing” with Soo Hyang lol.

Thank you for sharing the translation of interview. Aaawww harmonizing with SooHyang noona? You are too cute, Eun Woo yaaa~~

I can't wait to watch ISH on Running Man today

@kangminjae Thks for sharing the interview and like all of you the word harmonize has many meanings and this guy really knows how to use these words and making us guess what it means. Let us vote for Soo Hyang to be the top 100 beautiful women. She is beautiful and deserves our nomination. The second round of AAA awards, we will continue where we left recently. My two lovely ladies Lee Ha Na and Im Soo Hyang on Running Man. Soo Hyang returning to the show after 6 years. How time flies for her? Our aim, chingus, at the moment is to have both Soo Hyang and Eun Woo walking together at the AAA awards and to get to be top 100 most handsome man and beautiful woman. Fighting everybody. 

36 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Eun woo was mentioned in today's running man episode it seems:lol:

P. S. I m planning to watch it after subs arrive

Omo omo omo what happened? Did Kwangsoo become Do Kyung seok? :lol:

9 minutes ago, joan140 said:
omg where is this place?

wasnt it beautiful?.. :rolleyes:

btw, SH was holding kim joong kook's name tag. was that mean she got it :)))))

Maybe KJK became weak because of her beauty :love:

Soo Hyang looks like she had so much fun on Running Man. Can't wait for the subs! Eunwoo being mentioned reminds me of fans wanting him to act out KS/MR scenes with his group members, lol. It's definitely a drama that will follow them both around a little longer, and with good reason.

I just love to hear Jaesuk calling SH is now a big star and SOo hyang Gangnammiin... She so popular nowadays and I love it! That’s right! MIIGB will forever be a trade mark for EW and SH.. Anyways, JBTC made an edit video of MIIGB EW and SKJ and it’s so funny! Are we getting a Season 2 JBTC? A lot of comments asking for season2! 

Eunwoo was also mention Soo hyang partner in drama... Congrats Face Team they won the game! Second time Soo hyang won in running man! It was a fun episode!

9 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

I'm watching the Running Man subbed now, and Soo Hyang is so darn adorable! I hope we see her on many more shows. The fact that they introduced her as "My ID is Versatile Beauty" may have made me the happiest of all, lol.

omo do you know where i can watch running man with subs.. i would love to see the episode :relaxed:

Archived