[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

I’m sure Soo Hyang will still attend the reward vacation, she’ll probably only do the variety show for a few episodes so I’m sure her schedule is worked out. She did say she wanted to try some! Good way to get more name recognition.

My friend who is making her way through Gangnam Beauty for the first time really enjoys how useless Kyung Seok is at household chores and other life skills lmao. I keep having to stop myself from spoiling her, but I enjoy reliving the drama through her eyes.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

Hahahaha check out the vlive for sure.. They r soo funny!! 

Yes I also want Eun Woo n ISH to attend reward vacation for sure.. These two r the real fun.. They will be like tom n Jerry messing around:phew:..

I want to see CEW n ISH together in a reality show.. I guess they would just make everyone mad with their fights:ph34r::sweatingbullets:

Yes! CEW and ISH in together in reality show please! 

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Thanks for the vlive with subs.  I understood some portion, but watching it with ST's is more fun.  Wow, i am going crazy on any DoRae video posted.  :love:

I am watching CEW in the variety show "Those who cross the line".  its a travel program by MBC network.  He is the guest from ep.5 to ep.8 travelling to france and germany.  His english is very good and spontaneous.  His attitude is very good and humble towards his seniors and also his fans.  I am liking him so much.  

OMO, Lee seungi gi in 4th position is catching up to uri CEW.  the vote difference is very less. So i change my strategy.  I voted all my 5 votes to CEW since its very difficult for ISY to catch up.  Atleast i want CEW to stay in top 3.  Fighting!!!!!!!!

I'll try to find that show. Thank you for the info. OMO whyyy I love both LSG and CEW. Hahaha. Let's just move CEW to 2nd position and let LSG be in no 3. hahaha. I hope ISH can go to at least top 5 too.

56 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

I’m sure Soo Hyang will still attend the reward vacation, she’ll probably only do the variety show for a few episodes so I’m sure her schedule is worked out. She did say she wanted to try some! Good way to get more name recognition.

Isn't she gonna be permanent member? But I love that she is working with Yoo Jae Suk for this one. This will be entertaining.

2 hours ago, amisyka77 said:
  Hide contents

Watch @4.20 onwards. Mirae must've copy him when faced with the same scenario ''I DONT HAVE A PHONE":tounge_xd:

Hahaha... I watched that too earlier.. not too much question for him coz he know how to speak in English... smart guy! Should’ve ask him Chinese instead since he started learning the language... 

2 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

Watch @4.20 onwards. Mirae must've copy him when faced with the same scenario ''I DONT HAVE A PHONE":tounge_xd:

Hahaha Mi Rae should not give her phone number to any guy because otherwise jealous Kyung Seok will appear :lol: so it's safer to say not having a phone :joy: 

His expression after being told about LOL. :love: why so cuteeeee. And Moon Bin shocked expression after smelling his hair :sweat_smile:

19 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

The Vlive of ratings promise is with eng subs now

https://m.vlive.tv/video/89968

:D

Thank you x 10000000 for the link! Now that I can understand what they were saying, KDY is hilarious, and SH+DH are like GF's goal (SH was hugging and playing with DH's hair, so cute :heart:). Can someone share at what time EW whispered to SH and teased her like @icyphoenix mentioned before? I could not find the moment :(

By the way, I really like this write-up review for MIIGB:

https://thefangirlverdict.com/2018/09/25/flash-review-my-id-is-gangnam-beauty/

I don't agree with the final grade, but that is a personal opinion. To each their own I guess :)

Edit:

@icyphoenix Thanks for sharing SH's insta post! I was visiting her Instagram like 30 minutes ago and would have missed it. A true fan updates at lightning speed :D

@joan140 ISH promised to play piano for Rainbow Falling in her previous Vlive video I think. EW also promised to play piano but at a different clip (I think it was his promise at the Vlive Early Interview for MIIGB, not 100% sure though).

23 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

ISH playing the OST of our show

Rainbow falling OST.. CEW's OST:kiss_wink:

OMG she really practiced it. How can I move on now? :love: Really love this song. 

11 minutes ago, joan140 said:

I thought EW was the one who promised the piano-playing :joy:

Hahaha he didn't promise it by himself but Too Hyang noona said fans that Eun Woo should play the piano if they get high rating and Eun Woo just agree on everything she said. :joy: 

He's super busy now but I hope he will play the piano for this song as well.   

25 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

ISH playing the OST of our show

Aww, you can tell she really fell in love with the song!

3 minutes ago, 0live13ranch said:

By the way, I really like this write-up review for MIIGB:

https://thefangirlverdict.com/2018/09/25/flash-review-my-id-is-gangnam-beauty/

I don't agree with the final grade, but that is a personal opinion. To each their own I guess :)

It's funny, because I get personally offended when people don't think this show is the most amazing thing since sliced bread. I don't know why I've become like this. :sweatingbullets: But yes, her review is lovely even if the grade is too low for my sensitive heart.

38 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

It's funny, because I get personally offended when people don't think this show is the most amazing thing since sliced bread. I don't know why I've become like this. :sweatingbullets: But yes, her review is lovely even if the grade is too low for my sensitive heart.

I totally get that. I would be offended if somebody treats our favorite shows like it's not worth the time or if they did not get the message behind the show. What I like about her review is she highlights the details which make us fall in love with the show, which tells me that at least the reviewer likes and appreciates the show even though she may not love it as much as we do.

On a separate note, I start Lovers in Bloom because I miss ISH on my screen so much. Watching ISH in a different role (and different quality of script) makes me think SH must really identify with MR's character to some degree to accept the role and be able to portray MR the way she did. On a slightly shallower note, the way Do Ji Han looks at her in that show is also squee-worthy :D

3 minutes ago, 0live13ranch said:

I totally get that. I would be offended if somebody treats our favorite shows like it's not worth the time or if they did not get the message behind the show. What I like about her review is she highlights the details which make us fall in love with the show, which tells me that at least the reviewer likes and appreciates the show even though she may not love it as much as we do.

Yes, precisely. Different people value different things in their fiction, so as long as they acknowledge those things are there even if they don't rate them as highly, I'm good. For example, a couple of elements that I don't think are mentioned by reviewers as often as they should be are 1) the "mother-in-law" being fully supportive of the female lead and also building a strong, healthy bond with her children. how often is it that we see a mother's life lessons positively affect the male lead, even when she hasn't been around for half his life? And 2) a wide range of female characters who get to tackle different gender prejudices at their own pace without either competing for the male lead or even needing to be that connected to/subjugated in favor of the female lead. 

Gangnam Beauty may not be a perfect drama, but it's far from a stereotypical one. :wub:

And you're ahead of me in this, lol. I need to get my work done quickly today so I can start an ISH drama binge too!

10 minutes ago, 0live13ranch said:

On a separate note, I start Lovers in Bloom because I miss ISH on my screen so much. Watching ISH in a different role (and different quality of script) makes me think SH must really identify with MR's character to some degree to accept the role and be able to portray MR the way she did. On a slightly shallower note, the way Do Ji Han looks at her in that show is also squee-worthy :D

I have started off new tales of gisaeng.. I have to say ISH is chemistry queen.. The first scene of leads was soo little.. Yet I could feel the chemistry:lol:

13 hours ago, annie1234 said:

OMG I’m gonna watch it later with full english sub and gonna analyze every second of it. Hahaha. Naughty EunWoo :lol:

I analyzed every second of it, too! I love the the part when ISH asked CEW MR's birthday, he got that confused look and then ISH poked him and he made "ah" sound and then gave the ISH's birthday answer .... Lol !! just so funny and cute! They are just adorable

1 minute ago, 0live13ranch said:

@icyphoenix Lol, I was hoping for a whispering scene like this:

What was I thinking :lol: If EW does this in a Vlive, AROHA fans surely will scream (a different type of scream from us DoRae fans) :scream:

OMO OMO.. What r u saying!! This is in vlive will make me die:w00t:.. I m already fainting seeing their closeness, Especially where ISH tells him that they should show that their close n he says we r close n bows his head n smiles.. That was a killer smile.. I m already like this when these two r together

Dgo.gif

54 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

They implied that they wouldn't do a vlive while in Cebu, and they're certainly not obligated to. But I kiiindaaa hope we get a tiny one, just to see Soo Hyang and Eunwoo together again and witness all the cast dynamics!

Our only hope are the fans stolen pictures and video at the airport and resorts. :D 

Today is the award night for Eunwoo! I'm excited what he wearing tonight! Hopefully a suit that perfectly fits for him not the lose one. hahaha... 

Sorry out of topic but FN and Fantagio Entertainment are not too far apart. That's why Soo Hyang saw him in Gangnam area walking around in a women section of the mall! hahaha... And Eunwoo mention that he used to watch a movie in Lotte Cinema which is closer to FN entertainment! Yikes! Why do i sound like a stalker! hahah.. Sorry! :sweatingbullets:

Archived