[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

5 hours ago, kangminjae said:

I'm giving Soo Hyang 3 votes per day from each account cuz she needs them more and then Eunwoo gets 2. Sorry, every other actor or group that I love!

Yes, sorry to Eunwoo since he is on top 3 now so I gave my 15 votes to Soohyang. I made three accounts just to vote for her. 

Eunwoo also nominated for 2018 Korean drama Awards but sadly i don't see Soo Hyang's name. I think she also deserve to get an award. I wish i can complain and let Soo Hyang put her name on the lists. I'm kind of sad. I tried to go on the website and message them but i guess you can't leave a message on the site. Shocks! 

http://www.kdfo.org/bbs/board.php?bo_table=notice&wr_id=116#bo_vc

4 hours ago, annie1234 said:

Yes it's gonna be tough against idol actresses. They have larger fanbase than non-idol actress like ISH. For CEW, he still has high hope because he is an idol and an actor. But it will be tough too in actor section. ^_^ Does JTBC have an year-end award or something like drama award for its show? If they do, I hope CEW and ISH will get the best couple award. Look at their chemistry :heart:. Even though CEW and ISH will paired up with another actor/actress in their next projects, I don't think I can ship them with anyone else. :tounge_xd: It would be better if they have another project together again. Another drama maybe? :tounge_xd: #StillCan'tMoveOnFromDoRae

I agree with you friend. I think they do have a year end award. Hopefully they will get a new best actor and actress and couple award. I will definitely leave a message on JTBC board if they're not on the lists! hahaha...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, pad-hari said:

I think its difficult for isy to catch upto atleast the first 5 places.  But i think CEW can do it.  He was in the 4th place 3 days back and now as  @icyphoenix posted, he is now at 3rd place.   I think surely they will get best couple awards.  CEW is going to take home lot of awards from lot of networks during the year end awards.  fighting!!!!

He was already in 3rd place last night. :D

638c1866b9ec4ffd8df30f55bcc4700a.jpeg?s=

Jo Woo Ri Shares Thoughts On Receiving Hate Due To Her “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty” Character

Sep 26, 2018
by S. Park

Jo Woo Ri talked about portraying Hyun Soo Ah on JTBC’s “My ID is Gangnam Beauty.”

Hyun Soo Ah was a character who was the target of criticism in the drama. She had a two-faced personality due to her personal belief that she has to receive love from everyone. Many viewers criticized her, but also sympathized with her once the drama revealed why she turned out this way.

In the end, Jo Woo Ri received lots of love for successfully portraying her character. Talking about how she landed this role, she began, “I didn’t audition for the role of Hyun Soo Ah. I auditioned for the role of one of the chemistry department students, but I read Hyun Soo Ah’s lines since they were in the script. The director must’ve viewed this favorably. On my way home after the audition, he called me saying that he wanted to see me again, so I turned the car around and went to have a meeting with the director.”

She continued, “I didn’t know why he cast me at the time, but when I asked the director later, he said that it seemed like it would be more fun if I acted the part of Soo Ah. He said that he cast me because if my usually bright appearance could be noticed while I acted as Soo Ah, then the viewers could see that Soo Ah didn’t act that way due to ill intentions.”

Jo-Woo-Ri-1.jpg

In the drama, Hyun Soo Ah is a natural beauty who earns the title of “the goddess of the chemistry department.” She gains lots of attention for her beautiful, lovely looks, but will do anything in order to retain everyone’s love.

Speaking about how she didn’t feel pressured about portraying this kind of character, Jo Woo Ri explained, “I saw the original webtoon and it told Hyun Soo Ah’s story. Hyun Soo Ah’s story is explained later, so I wasn’t scared because I thought that people would understand Hyun Soo Ah to some degree. I thought that it’d be better for me to work hard at acting so that the viewers could focus even more.”

Hyun Soo Ah did reecive hate from viewers when she pretended to like another female student’s boyfriend or expressed jealousy at Do Kyung Seok (played by ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo) and Kang Mi Rae’s (played by Im Soo Hyang) relationship.

“I was one of the fans who were angry at Soo Ah while reading the webtoon,” said Jo Woo Ri. “I did expect that kind of reaction, but there was also some hate towards me. I think it’s because they were immersed while watching the drama. I read comments and there was hate towards me and some strong words on my personal social media account. I thought that I shouldn’t read those comments and should just work hard at acting, but it did make me think that the drama must’ve been doing well.”

She also shared a story about something that happened because of her character. Jo Woo Ri began, “I use public transportation and my mom must’ve read the comments because she told me not to use public transportation. I think she did this because she thought that the drama was popular and many people were watching it.”

She continued, “One day, I wore a hat and walked out of my house as I normally do. From somewhere, I heard a voice say, ‘Senior, I’m a big fan of you.’ I put a drink on the counter and the part-time worker was rewatching our drama on his phone. But as soon as my character said that, the employee cursed. Thankfully, he didn’t recognize me. Thinking that I shouldn’t break his concentration in the drama, I lowered my hat even more and walked out.”

Jo-Woo-Ri-2.jpg

At the press conference for “My ID is Gangnam Beauty,” Jo Woo Ri had said that she was different from her character Hyun Soo Ah who cared a lot about herself and her appearance.

The actress explained, “When I got the part of Hyun Soo Ah, my friends were really excited while my parents were worried if I could pull off a villain character. It was my first time playing a villain, so I was also worried. But after the drama aired, I was happy when my friends said, ‘I wanted to hit you.’ It meant that my friends could immerse in it that much, so I was happy. If someone you know appears in a drama, it’s hard to focus on [the drama itself], but that wasn’t the case. It made me think, ‘I’m doing a good job this time.'”

Talking about her interaction with script writer Choi Soo Young at the wrap party, Jo Woo Ri said, “She hugged me asking me If my mentality was okay. People around me worried more and the writer worried about me. Oh Hwi Jun, who appeared as Chan Woo, also said, ‘Have strength Soo Ah,’ when I saw him on set. It felt weird and I thought, ‘Why is he telling me to have strength?’ but it turned out Chan Woo got a lot of hate too.”

“My ID is Gangnam Beauty” aired its final episode on September 15 which recorded its personal highest viewership ratings.

Source (1)

14 minutes ago, Rafael Pascual said:

Jo Woo Ri Shares Thoughts On Receiving Hate Due To Her “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty” Character

Sep 26, 2018
by S. Park

Jo Woo Ri talked about portraying Hyun Soo Ah on JTBC’s “My ID is Gangnam Beauty.”

Hyun Soo Ah was a character who was the target of criticism in the drama. She had a two-faced personality due to her personal belief that she has to receive love from everyone. Many viewers criticized her, but also sympathized with her once the drama revealed why she turned out this way.

In the end, Jo Woo Ri received lots of love for successfully portraying her character. Talking about how she landed this role, she began, “I didn’t audition for the role of Hyun Soo Ah. I auditioned for the role of one of the chemistry department students, but I read Hyun Soo Ah’s lines since they were in the script. The director must’ve viewed this favorably. On my way home after the audition, he called me saying that he wanted to see me again, so I turned the car around and went to have a meeting with the director.”

She continued, “I didn’t know why he cast me at the time, but when I asked the director later, he said that it seemed like it would be more fun if I acted the part of Soo Ah. He said that he cast me because if my usually bright appearance could be noticed while I acted as Soo Ah, then the viewers could see that Soo Ah didn’t act that way due to ill intentions.”

In the drama, Hyun Soo Ah is a natural beauty who earns the title of “the goddess of the chemistry department.” She gains lots of attention for her beautiful, lovely looks, but will do anything in order to retain everyone’s love.

Speaking about how she didn’t feel pressured about portraying this kind of character, Jo Woo Ri explained, “I saw the original webtoon and it told Hyun Soo Ah’s story. Hyun Soo Ah’s story is explained later, so I wasn’t scared because I thought that people would understand Hyun Soo Ah to some degree. I thought that it’d be better for me to work hard at acting so that the viewers could focus even more.”

Hyun Soo Ah did reecive hate from viewers when she pretended to like another female student’s boyfriend or expressed jealousy at Do Kyung Seok (played by ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo) and Kang Mi Rae’s (played by Im Soo Hyang) relationship.

“I was one of the fans who were angry at Soo Ah while reading the webtoon,” said Jo Woo Ri. “I did expect that kind of reaction, but there was also some hate towards me. I think it’s because they were immersed while watching the drama. I read comments and there was hate towards me and some strong words on my personal social media account. I thought that I shouldn’t read those comments and should just work hard at acting, but it did make me think that the drama must’ve been doing well.”

She also shared a story about something that happened because of her character. Jo Woo Ri began, “I use public transportation and my mom must’ve read the comments because she told me not to use public transportation. I think she did this because she thought that the drama was popular and many people were watching it.”

She continued, “One day, I wore a hat and walked out of my house as I normally do. From somewhere, I heard a voice say, ‘Senior, I’m a big fan of you.’ I put a drink on the counter and the part-time worker was rewatching our drama on his phone. But as soon as my character said that, the employee cursed. Thankfully, he didn’t recognize me. Thinking that I shouldn’t break his concentration in the drama, I lowered my hat even more and walked out.”

At the press conference for “My ID is Gangnam Beauty,” Jo Woo Ri had said that she was different from her character Hyun Soo Ah who cared a lot about herself and her appearance.

The actress explained, “When I got the part of Hyun Soo Ah, my friends were really excited while my parents were worried if I could pull off a villain character. It was my first time playing a villain, so I was also worried. But after the drama aired, I was happy when my friends said, ‘I wanted to hit you.’ It meant that my friends could immerse in it that much, so I was happy. If someone you know appears in a drama, it’s hard to focus on [the drama itself], but that wasn’t the case. It made me think, ‘I’m doing a good job this time.'”

Talking about her interaction with script writer Choi Soo Young at the wrap party, Jo Woo Ri said, “She hugged me asking me If my mentality was okay. People around me worried more and the writer worried about me. Oh Hwi Jun, who appeared as Chan Woo, also said, ‘Have strength Soo Ah,’ when I saw him on set. It felt weird and I thought, ‘Why is he telling me to have strength?’ but it turned out Chan Woo got a lot of hate too.”

“My ID is Gangnam Beauty” aired its final episode on September 15 which recorded its personal highest viewership ratings.

Source (1)

I really did hate SA but JWR has done a great job portraying her character. Thanks for the article. 

Check out this article by Dramabeans: http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/09/gangnam-beauty-im-soo-hyang-tells-all/

Jo Woori’s story about a worker watching the drama and cursing when her character spoke was kind of hilarious, lmao. It can be tough to deal with personal hate just for doing your job well, but I’m glad she realizes that it means people were very invested in the drama and able to connect with her performance.

11 minutes ago, sks18 said:

I really did hate SA but JWR has done a great job portraying her character. Thanks for the article. 

Check out this article by Dramabeans: http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/09/gangnam-beauty-im-soo-hyang-tells-all/

You're very much welcome @sks18. Glad that Dramabeans is back to its golden days. They just brought the weekly ratings report back.

5 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

Jo Woori’s story about a worker watching the drama and cursing when her character spoke was kind of hilarious, lmao. It can be tough to deal with personal hate just for doing your job well, but I’m glad she realizes that it means people were very invested in the drama and able to connect with her performance.

yeah @kangminjae, that was hilarious. this makes me more excited for Woo-ri's next steps for her career.

21 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Here, we have reached another milestone reaching 150 pages and also today is uri dearest MR's birthday.  "Saengil chukaye MR ya" and also to our MIIGB team, chuseok greetings.  :love:

i am posting  an ad image from dc gall,  If anyone can translate what's in the image??? one of the gall fans  had written can we try it ? (maybe again)  I think they too are desperate in making a dvd.  Hope they succeed.  fighting!!!!!

Does anyone know the news of MIIGB DVD of director's version?

I really want to buy it and watch more behine scenes.

Waaahhhhhh, the fans:cold_sweat:.  I am sad that the fans hate JWR for her character.  they should not take it to their personal level.  Its too bad.  I feel sad for her.  She did a great job portraying her character SA.  likewise, for the actor who acted as CW.  himne seyo!!!!! fighting!!!! off topic,

Spoiler

If anybody is into C-drama, in the recently concluded HSALF drama, the actress who did the character as heavenly empress got a lot of hate and she had to close her weibo a/c.  She expressed her sadness that the viewers/fans posted hatred towards her in her weibo.

EDIT:

OMO, i topped the page,  I ll post some funny gifs during recent V LIVE :joy:

How he sarcastically started laughting when she did her aegyo!!!!!!

fhHRT2C.gif

But both ISY and MDH adjusted his sweat shirt, how sweet of them to take care of him like their dongsaeng

Of1DnlE.gif

cr: dc gall

@chiana2017, i have no idea about the dvd making.  The dc gall fans started but it was cancelled.  But some fans are trying desperately, i guess in the dvd making.  I ll post immdly if i get to know any news on the dvd making as many fans are waiting for any new on it in this forum

1 hour ago, kangminjae said:

@icyphoenix thanks for the beautiful gifset and cute bts pic!

I love seeing the impact this show has had. Fingers crossed it also reduces the amount of violent wrist grabs we see in future kdramas. :lol: Eunwoo really mastered the “softest wrist grab” technique after Mi Rae called Kyung Seok out. 

Agree. I am actually not a fan of wrist grab. And I was so happy when Mi Rae called Kyung Seok out about that. He didn't force Mi Rae by grabbing her wrist anymore and change it to "softest wrist grab". It was more about asking her to stay rather than force her to stay. 

Do Kyung Seok~~ why are you so perfectttt??? :heart: 

1 hour ago, chiana2017 said:

Does anyone know the news of MIIGB DVD of director's version?

I really want to buy it and watch more behine scenes.

Me too. I hope they will make it. I want more behind the scene too :lol:

And I Jo Woo Ri really did a great job as Soo Ah that made fans hate her so much. I hope she will get a new drama that will show her other charms and fans will appriciate her more.

50 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

Agree. I am actually not a fan of wrist grab. And I was so happy when Mi Rae called Kyung Seok out about that. He didn't force Mi Rae by grabbing her wrist anymore and change it to "softest wrist grab". It was more about asking her to stay rather than force her to stay. 

Do Kyung Seok~~ why are you so perfectttt??? :heart: 

Totally with you on the grabs! And sometimes they take it a step further and back the girl or throw her up against the wall. Why?????

I feel like this show is one where you can really tell both the drama and the webtoon were written by women with progressive views. And I Iove it.

3 hours ago, kangminjae said:

Totally with you on the grabs! And sometimes they take it a step further and back the girl or throw her up against the wall. Why?????

I feel like this show is one where you can really tell both the drama and the webtoon were written by women with progressive views. And I Iove it.

:lol: Hahaha true. Many of kdrama wrist grab scene usually force the girl to turn around or to pin her against the wall. I will definitely slap the guy if someone does that to me .:lol:

52 minutes ago, molaihawaii said:

REwatch the making on episode 1! Remember that EW gave a drink to Soo hyang.. I thought at first is water but I realize it’s already half way and he sharing it to her?? Gosh! DORAE couple really? 

:lol: Heard so many rumors about them sharing drink. Just like in press conference, someone pointed, the water bottle that CEW opened for ISH was actually his bottle. ISH bottle supposed to be on the other side. Later, when he drank, the water in his bottle was not full already. :lol: Omooo this two made me delulu. 

1 hour ago, icyphoenix said:

Guys voting alert

Hide contents

https://www.asiaartistawards.com/vote/preVote.html?type=factor

ISH is lagging behind guys.. Plz do vote more n more for her,so that she gets in top 5 n also for  CEW!!

I'll prepare my thumbs to vote for her more. :thumbsup:

Archived