[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

I have the impression that SA has planned to invite indirectly former alumni from middle school to the campus festival in order to put KMR in a difficult position. In the last episode, SA liked a post from someone who clearly doesn't know her. In the preview, someone tells him about SA which indicates that this student has no connection to her. SA must have sensed that there is a dark past in KMR's life hence liking his picture was a way to "invite" him to that campus festival. When the former alumni sees KMR, he won't recognize her and he will unveil the past and humiliate KMR. However, I hope, this backfires on SA as WY and DKS will take KMR's side. It would be interesting to see how people start criticizing the former alumni for bullying KMR.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, i am on chapter 40 of the manga.. and this manga is wonderful..

this ain't  just a story about MR.. its about all the girls  - pretty, ugly, average.. and how each is being judged and traumatized for various things. and KS is kind of a voice of reason..

MR and her PS

Mom and family's expectations and demands of sacrifices while no one questions the man

Fat girls being asked to lose weight

even SA - being pretty has its own burden to bear (with the whole cat and stalker angle, it seems we are going to get some depth in her character... if i think what is going to happen then i feel sorry for her too.. her behavior is modeled by what she has learnt by observing people around her)

THey address so many issues..

and then you have a character who is genuinely nice and honest.. and honest in his perspective that he loves a girl because she is beautiful.. ( that statement on its own will be judged by everyone.. but everyone does it)

Very well thought out manga! m so impressed

35 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

So, i am on chapter 40 of the manga.. and this manga is wonderful..

this ain't  just a story about MR.. its about all the girls  - pretty, ugly, average.. and how each is being judged and traumatized for various things. and KS is kind of a voice of reason..

For the sake of the other who did not want to know so much - can you put the information about the webtoon in the spoiler tag please? I tried hard to stay still -- I can feel you so well.. But I know a few who don´t want to be spoiled. ...

Happy that you like it so much too :D

Warning again...

Spoiler

In the Drama I felt a bit like they let is looks like SA has trouble when MR is in the spotlight - in the webtoon it became - for me - more certain that she can´t handle anybody else in the spotlight. When the other girl admit that she liked a boy and it looked good for them - SA needed to play with him too.

You know what - I so hope we will get a powerful scene with the event - when the girls speaks some sense in the guys and I wonder if there will be a crossdressing scene. :D:D  :D

8 hours ago, pad-hari said:

MR to whom she did the aegyo is actually,

the PD of this drama.   :joy:

dc gall

the festival costume in the webtoon.  Hoooooo, sexy!!!!!!:blush:

Reveal hidden contents

EBdsM3v.png

dc gall

:lol::joy: Cannot believe it was the PD. HAHAHA. That's just too great.

And the costume. Whhooo! Are we going to get to see KMR wear that in the drama and have DKS look at her? Heehee. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

For the sake of the other who did not want to know so much - can you put the information about the webtoon in the spoiler tag please? I tried hard to stay still -- I can feel you so well.. But I know a few who don´t want to be spoiled. ...

Warning again...

Reveal hidden contents

In the Drama I felt a bit like they let is looks like SA has trouble when MR is in the spotlight - in the webtoon it became - for me - more certain that she can´t handle anybody else in the spotlight. When the other girl admit that she liked a boy and it looked good for them - SA needed to play with him too.

You know what - I so hope we will get a powerful scene with the event - when the girls speaks some sense in the guys and I wonder if there will be a crossdressing scene. :D:D  :D

See that's what I was thinking about the webtoon vs the drama on SA's character. I guess for the drama they changed it a bit, I mean you can't have such a nasty SA in the drama. They gotta tweak it a little, but yes, I'm going to say in the webtoon, the part that I read so far that doesn't spoil much for me, SA is a nasty character in there (to me).

@enigmatic_zephy @Mau_Cherry

Warning from the webtoon

Spoiler

I too love the story being told in the webtoon. It is sending such a great messaige about beauty on the inside and the outside. 

I wish they put those scenes in the drama. WHen the girls that were being bullied finally spoke up and made the guys feel the same verbal abuse they were given.    Can some some give me another the link to the manga?  In the manage I read , I haven't seen Mi-Rae's mom , dad or Mi -Rae's bestfriend . I thought from the webtoon she made no friends.  In the drama she does have best friend.

Do Kyung-Seok's character is flawed and Kang Mi-Rae is also flawed for different reasons ofcourse but they each learn from each other. In the drama Mi-Rae mom said some powerful word that stayed with her and she was finally able to see where her mom was coming from " It might look everyone's just fine, but we're all enduring our own hardships. "

m-qJ03NmXWCveQuOzmrpDlfYAdnFBVcjEwf-eZW7

I hope the writers gives us more info on KS's hardship since his mom left. We aslo heard the Hyung-Hee say she wouldn't miss their father at all. That must mean that the father spent to much time in building his career and not enough time on his kids. I feel bad for his kids. I wonder will Na Hye-Sung be willing to take her daughter in so her daughter may have more stable upbringing where she can be happy.  

19 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@enigmatic_zephy @Mau_Cherry

I hope the writers gives us more info on KS's hardship since his mom left. We aslo heard the Hyung-Hee say she wouldn't miss their father at all. That must mean that the father spent to much time in building his career and not enough time on his kids. I feel bad for his kids. I wonder will Na Hye-Sung be willing to take her daughter in so her daughter may have more stable upbringing where she can be happy.  

The manga i am reading doesn't feature mom,dad, or best friend either.. infact dad appeared only in the opening section to tell MR that she is so ugly that 1 PS won't help her and he can't pay for multiple.. she needs to earn it on her own

Onto chapter 57...

while i stick to what i said about this manga. and i do like it overall..

BUT this manga also does the same thing that every single story/drama/film/fantasy/ real life romantic stories do..

Why does it always have to be about a handsome, rich, confident, smart, all rounder boy?? and a girl so pretty..

The man is always good looking and isn't that the dream which is being sold to girls from the moment they are born to end of their life - the dream of prince charming who has very specific characteristics? And he is handsome.. always.. and secondly, becomes a very one woman man eventually.. while it doesn't matter how much of a bad boy  or playboy he was in the beginning..

It's always about drop dead gorgeous..

and here too.. the boys is gorgeous.. and everything again in riveted around self esteem and status in society that comes with a handsome boy liking you, or handsome men fighting over you..

and eventually the girl always has to turn beautiful.. either by PS, or a makeover, or plain jane getting to wear pretty clothes..

It's the same..and it sucks.. and i think it also sucks to go to someone's house and tell their 2 yr old girl that she is pretty.. < pretty, always about pretty from the time you are born.. >

How many of you have ever judged an idol or an actor solely on talent and not given in to the "looks".. Moreover, how many of you have never bothered with a guy's look or never hoped for a handsome bf (at any point in life)?

1 hour ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Warning again...

Reveal hidden contents

don't think gave out any spoilers.. and all that i have mentioned, has already been mentioned in other posts before me..  you are right, that cross dressing scene is the best ever

LOL - I suddenly feel a bit guilty that the leads in my stories are always handsome too @enigmatic_zephy Sure - you are right... But who wants to see a story with a ugly actor... thats reality. When we watch a Drama we wish to get our fairy tale story - not the harsh reality.. The other stories can be really good too - but they are most of the time very heavy and not the right stuff to let us escape from the real world for a little time.

And for this Drama I admit that its only work because he is a handsome guy. Otherwise SA would not be so interested and all that..

Its the biggest change from the Drama if you ask me - friends and family. And sure a bit the TA - lets see where that is heading to.

The MR in the webtoon must have been very lonely and even more sad... even no family on her side... or at least it was not shown...

For DKS - I am happy that he too has at least one real friend. The Guy from the bar got shocked and alarmed when he found out that KS just met his mother . And even he called for help he without thinking left his bar and runs after his friend. I am thankful for those characters.

If you ask me - there where a few spoiler... but I am not the person to judge this. I only wanted to help.

Hi, just a silent reader for the past few weeks; wanted to join and say hello to everyone. It’s been a long time since I’ve contributed to any forum, but this drama has really captured my heart this summer. Much appreciate the various gifs, well thought out discussions, and information about the Webtoon. (Shhh! I Love Spoilers!)

Thank you for all of your contributions. 

I have watched all 4 episode now, and really love it. like how it talk about our idè about beauty and how it affect how we treat other people. this show how some people would go under the knife to feel better. but like true our heroin we can see how she still struggle with how she see herself and her low self esteem. it make this more real to me because you can tray to fix face and body, but you still have your mind that need other way to be healed. I like that message this drama is sending. 

I really can see myself in MR as I was very timid and had allot of self doubt myself. I can see why she can´t see true SA because she is very self conscious around people and for that reason do not have the capacity to read other people, beside she only see SA "good" side and we can see that she looks up to her. But there is small crack there that MR gonna see after all. KS clearly have self confidence that give him room to read situation and people. We see he clearly can see how SA is like his dad in being fake person around people, so I really love how he always put her down!  

MR already is warming up to KS. she is not afraid to say what she feel to him, like in the conversation about his mother. and I can see he is starting to fall for her, that half smile when she asked to go out for a drink. his face lighted up! also, I did find their dialog when they had lunch in episode 3 heart fluttering. love their interaction :wub: 

38 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

LOL - I suddenly feel a bit guilty that the leads in my stories are always handsome too @enigmatic_zephy Sure - you are right... But who wants to see a story with a ugly actor... thats reality. When we watch a Drama we wish to get our fairy tale story - not the harsh reality.. The other stories can be really good too - but they are most of the time very heavy and not the right stuff to let us escape from the real world for a little time.

:) Me too.. but then that is 

Precisely the point,

the truth of life is beauty and ugly are very real aspects of life and there is no point ignoring it.. beauty is a strength too.. and just as some people can sing and therefore can entertain on campfire nights.. some people can't sing and can't entertain the same way.. beauty is similar..

Therefore, does it make sense to keep telling people that everyone is beautiful, look for beauty within, .. can we just not treat it as another facet of life and just agree upon that yes some people are really pretty and some are not.. the idea is to invest in yourself and find one thing and hone that skill... including PS .. aka don't look down upon PS or don't tell people to not do it..

Example, how difficult is it to put out a job requirement saying:

we need a pretty face that can attract more audience and decent to good acting skills .. instead of saying we won't judge on beauty/weight etc.. but should have acting talent?

We need a pretty face to engage clients and good organizational skills for secretary position, instead of saying you will be judged on a degree's merit only?

should the society rather not inculcate the positive environment where every skill is seen and treated as a skill, period. You want a pretty face to model something, you need a very strong analytical brain to teach astrophysics, you need a musician to make music that can be given to idol groups, you need a dancer to choreograph, you need a pleasant personality to engage people, and even you need to hire a pretty face to maintain aesthetics in the office .. so on and so forth..  why should we associate shame with any o fthis?

Interesting observation,

I have been observing babies and kids now a days..  and more often that not i see them crying more when a darker complexion person or a person with moustache approach them.. and so many other similar aspects..

This doesn't mean that darker complexioned people are not pretty.. but what it means is that light or fairer complexion just automatically appeals to eyes, majority of them ( and this would be a pure color combination kind of a thing.. why a red top looks good with a black skirt but not with a parrot green ) .. why some paintings are always better, why fair people can wear rags and still look nice..  beauty also has some paradigms and universal truths to it.. 

How difficult or wrong is it to treat something nice as nice.. and leave it that.. instead of pulling it down, elevate all other qualities to the same level

OR do we want to say or agree that lust is primary need or most powerful desire that humans are incapable of curbing? Or is it a psychological disease amongst women where years of oppression has basically made them associate their self respect to men (aka how or to what extent a powerful man likes them or not) and they seek validation from men by their acceptance of them, the women?

Clapping real loud right now ...clap-cheetah-emoticon.gifclap-cheetah-emoticon.gif

We’ll said @enigmatic_zephy and @Mau_Cherry... It is the way of the world and we can do is just sit back and watch. Like the saying goes Beauty and Art is in the  eye of the beholder. It is a fact that will never change. I will say this not everyone care about the beauty because we are all unique and how we see beauty can change from one person to another. 

For example for me when I pick a drama , I go by the synopsis and somethimes from my perception I don’t find the male leads attractive  or he maybe a hot male lead  but as the drama progresses. My perception changes and I find them more attractive or non attractive. TBH If a drama doesn’t have good actors or storylines or I lose interest, I will drop drama like a hot potato. This is why I  love this drama and manga so much because it touches on all subject that should be talked or try to make it better for our future children grows around the world.

24 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Clapping real loud right now ...clap-cheetah-emoticon.gifclap-cheetah-emoticon.gif

We’ll said @enigmatic_zephy and @Mau_Cherry... It is the way of the world and we can do is just sit back and watch. Like the saying goes Beauty and Art is in the  eye of the beholder. It is a fact that will never change. I will say this not everyone care about the beauty because we are all unique and how we see beauty can change from one person to another. 

For example for me when I pick a drama , I go by the synopsis and somethimes from my perception I don’t find the male leads attractive  or he maybe a hot male lead  but as the drama progresses. My perception changes and I find them more attractive or non attractive. TBH If a drama doesn’t have good actors or storylines or I lose interest, I will drop drama like a hot potato. This is why I  love this drama and manga so much because it touches on all subject that should be talked or try to make it better for our future children grows around the world.

You know the irony of all this.. after all my deep thinking and confusion over how one should really act.. 

i came up with this:

Which chapter has the kiss scene ? I want to watch this.. (ultimately that's what i cared about :( )

Ah! * banging my head*

PS: i don't understand indonesian language.. someone tell me which chapter has the kiss

I also have a music question, there is a song playing when KS sees his mom and MR having drinks. I think it's a korean song but not sure, i don't listen to kpop that much but the voice seems familiar. Anybody know which song they are playing? :)

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

:) Me too.. but then that is 

Precisely the point,

the truth of life is beauty and ugly are very real aspects of life and there is no point ignoring it.. beauty is a strength too.. and just as some people can sing and therefore can entertain on campfire nights.. some people can't sing and can't entertain the same way.. beauty is similar..

Therefore, does it make sense to keep telling people that everyone is beautiful, look for beauty within, .. can we just not treat it as another facet of life and just agree upon that yes some people are really pretty and some are not.. the idea is to invest in yourself and find one thing and hone that skill... including PS .. aka don't look down upon PS or don't tell people to not do it..

Example, how difficult is it to put out a job requirement saying:

we need a pretty face that can attract more audience and decent to good acting skills .. instead of saying we won't judge on beauty/weight etc.. but should have acting talent?

We need a pretty face to engage clients and good organizational skills for secretary position, instead of saying you will be judged on a degree's merit only?

should the society rather not inculcate the positive environment where every skill is seen and treated as a skill, period. You want a pretty face to model something, you need a very strong analytical brain to teach astrophysics, you need a musician to make music that can be given to idol groups, you need a dancer to choreograph, you need a pleasant personality to engage people, and even you need to hire a pretty face to maintain aesthetics in the office .. so on and so forth..  why should we associate shame with any o fthis?

Interesting observation,

I have been observing babies and kids now a days..  and more often that not i see them crying more when a darker complexion person or a person with moustache approach them.. and so many other similar aspects..

This doesn't mean that darker complexioned people are not pretty.. but what it means is that light or fairer complexion just automatically appeals to eyes, majority of them ( and this would be a pure color combination kind of a thing.. why a red top looks good with a black skirt but not with a parrot green ) .. why some paintings are always better, why fair people can wear rags and still look nice..  beauty also has some paradigms and universal truths to it.. 

How difficult or wrong is it to treat something nice as nice.. and leave it that.. instead of pulling it down, elevate all other qualities to the same level

OR do we want to say or agree that lust is primary need or most powerful desire that humans are incapable of curbing? Or is it a psychological disease amongst women where years of oppression has basically made them associate their self respect to men (aka how or to what extent a powerful man likes them or not) and they seek validation from men by their acceptance of them, the women?

I loved how you wrote the reality and took the words out of my heart(mouth).  The society just treat you good or bad judging by the looks and nothing else.  

This drama is based on the usual k-drama trope which we all know, but it is trying to highlight the pros and cons from each characters pov and i like how both the male lead and the character is  a breathe of fresh air.  He is very very observant from the beginning of all the happenings around him and the female lead, i cannot blame her of  insecurity.  Its the way, the society is and both ISY and CEW are doing great justice to their characters.  I think both the characters will realize their flaws once they get together and make our screens bling bling coz of their togetherness.  Really looking forward to the upcoming episodes.  

ISY's instagram.  both of them are so cute

i haven't watched episode 3 and 4 with sub but i have to say many positive comment they got and Knetizen praise their acting ability and chemistry. Their chemistry is so good yet they can make us smilling like a goof :D 

The rating is increased and the problems of boycotting didn't give any effects for the drama :D 

i am waiting when the school festival and Mirae wearing that sexy dress :D 

Talk about how insane Kyung Suk will be 

2 hours ago, ganko said:

I also have a music question, there is a song playing when KS sees his mom and MR having drinks. I think it's a korean song but not sure, i don't listen to kpop that much but the voice seems familiar. Anybody know which song they are playing? :)

Think it may have been mentioned earlier, but anything to spread KPop Love: it’s BTS “The Truth Untold”! :wub:

27 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

i haven't watched episode 3 and 4 with sub but i have to say many positive comment they got and Knetizen praise their acting ability and chemistry. Their chemistry is so good yet they can make us smilling like a goof :D 

The rating is increased and the problems of boycotting didn't give any effects for the drama :D 

i am waiting when the school festival and Mirae wearing that sexy dress :D 

Talk about how insane Kyung Suk will be 

You mean how insanely jealous and protective he'll be

Someone help me!!!

I cant stop watching the spoiler teaser for next week's episode 

Archived