[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, amisyka77 said:

The way I see it, MR was so busy trying to get hold of the picture she didn't even realise she was practically on top of him but KS was fully aware of their skinship and was greatly affected by it that's why he had to take a shot of soju afterwards. Anyway, this scene is so cute showing how playful he can be if he wanted to...

She was just not on top of him. Check where one of her leg was. It was between his two legs! :o

Here is a screenie.

1 minute ago, volturi987 said:

She was just not on top of him. Check where one of her leg was. It was between his two legs! :o

Yeah, his face after that contained a lot of emotions lol. Balancing his own hormones with concern for Mi Rae's anger, good job with the acting!

10 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

Yeah, his face after that contained a lot of emotions lol. Balancing his own hormones with concern for Mi Rae's anger, good job with the acting!

I like how they are both very considerate of each others’ feeling. They are both willing to wait until the other is ready to plunge in. Except for that kiss where DKS just went in without any warning. Hahaha

2 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

The way I see it, MR was so busy trying to get hold of the picture she didn't even realise she was practically on top of him but KS was fully aware of their skinship and was greatly affected by it that's why he had to take a shot of soju afterwards. Anyway, this scene is so cute showing how playful he can be if he wanted to...

Will be interesting to see the bts of this 

6 hours ago, Wotad said:

That was not a peck.

People on naver seem happy with the kiss. 

Luckily the fans he gained from this drama will far outweigh the ones he had before.

seeing how they made two people leave entertainment industry just because they decided to date, i wouldn't care for naver comments..

the kiss was very much in line with what fan culture in korea demands.. however, not saying that's the reason director chose to do that..

but that wasn't a kiss.. its subtle, left to your imagination kind.. which maybe goes with the tone and theme of the drama, also saves people from controversy (because audience can get crazy.. who knows tomorrow they would object to age difference in the kiss)

5 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

seeing how they made two people leave entertainment industry just because they decided to date, i wouldn't care for naver comments..

the kiss was very much in line with what fan culture in korea demands.. however, not saying that's the reason director chose to do that..

but that wasn't a kiss.. its subtle, left to your imagination kind.. which maybe goes with the tone and theme of the drama, also saves people from controversy (because audience can get crazy.. who knows tomorrow they would object to age difference in the kiss)

The kiss was what is appropriate for their characters for me. They can’t go too passionate because they have to show their innocent side. It really went beyond my expectation. I thought the first stretch of their kiss was the end of our hopes but when he went in for his second I was delighed that it was deeper than the first one and yet it was still sweet. 

Actually the fans of Korean artists especially idols:unsure: are quite scary. They can make or break an artist in my opinion. They can object to really anything under the sun. 

Besides the amazing development for our OTP, I had to say that Eun continues to be a character I love. Even if she’s the class rep for their year in the Chemistry department, she sees and hears a lot but never overreacts. She’s patient and tolerant even when she sees what’s going on already and simply offers just enough advice. I still don’t like Soo Ah but I can really appreciate Eun’s genuine care for her as a peer. She’s more than admirable for refusing to turn a blind eye to Soo Ah’s situation even when she knows the blow to Soo Ah’s reputation was of her own making. And most importantly, she doesn’t participate in gossiping about Soo Ah.

On the other hand, I really dislike when Mi Rae goes out of her way to be nice to Soo Ah. I guess I’m petty but I just wish Mi Rae would ignore that girl. I just don’t see why the heroine is always made to be nice to those who stab them in the back. Get real please. I’m hoping that they don’t make her and Soo Ah buddies by the end of tomorrow’s episode. :crazy: Acquaintances or classmates is fine by me but not friends, I hope. I’m overflowing with pettiness. 

HJ is awesome. She’s still the same wanting to fight people or have fighting words with them for hurting Mi Rae. That’s a friend for life for Mi Rae and Kyung Seok.

7 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Besides the amazing development for our OTP, I had to say that Eun continues to be a character I love. Even if she’s the class rep for their year in the Chemistry department, she sees and hears a lot but never overreacts. She’s patient and tolerant even when she sees what’s going on already and simply offers just enough advice. I still don’t like Soo Ah but I can really appreciate Eun’s genuine care for her as a peer. She’s more than admirable for refusing to turn a blind eye to Soo Ah’s situation even when she knows the blow to Soo Ah’s reputation was of her own making. And most importantly, she doesn’t participate in gossiping about Soo Ah.

Yes to everything you said about Eun. She's a sweetheart who just wants the best for everyone, and who always tries to help those who need it. Plus Soo Ah never did anything personally to her, so there's no reason why she can't look out for a fellow classmate.

At the same time, that's why I find it admirable that Mi Rae still wants to help her too, lol. I don't want them to be friends by any stretch of the imagination, but it's nice to know that Mi Rae will never be one of the ones who kicks someone when they're down.

And YES, HYUN JUNG, MY LOVE! I would watch a whole sequel about her A) realizing she's freaking thin and does not need to lose any weight, good lord, and B) finding love with someone who appreciates just how wise she is.

7 hours ago, deez04 said:

i can't even count how many times DKS smiled today :)

I'm keeping it!

1. When he said one shot to the non alcoholic drink

2. The morning when they came together, when Mi Rae finally realise people are not that interested with them. 

3. After the second hit, he said it doesn't hurt

4. After she took a large bite of burger and he said she's cute!

5. When they were eating ice-cream!

6. And lastly, after he tried intimidating her with close proximity in the cinema "you said you're not easily intimidate" *smiles with moon eyes 

I am so dead:relaxed:

6 hours ago, kangminjae said:

I’m relieved that Won Ho turned out not to be total garbage. Him going to the TA to help SA find the real culprit was surprisingly decent of him. 

I hated him before because he's blind to others, but I can see that he really likes So Ah. He was being yelled by her, for the things he didn't do but he took the initiative to find out why. And going to TA is a great way to solve this.

And eun. Oh Eun eonnie. She is a real gem. Asking because she's concerned rather than out of curiousity, and really wants the best for everyone, I love you for that. I am your Wang Fan now!

Someone like Jihyo is the worst type of friend. She betrays her friend just to save her own richard simmons. And how cute Woo Jin smiled when Jung boon chasten her for that

7 minutes ago, OliviaRonnie95 said:

Someone like Jihyo is the worst type of friend. She betrays her friend just to save her own richard simmons. And how cute Woo Jin smiled when Jung boon chasten her for that

Yes to absolutely everything you said, but especially Ji Hyo. She really disappointed me today. It's one thing to be blind to your friend's faults and go along with whatever, and it's quite another to viciously turn on them when they're down and talk bad about them just to save your own butt.

whoa that kiss is sooooo freaking hot hahaha!  I could have content my self with just a peck but man Oh Man...CEW is THE MAN.  HE knows what he wants and he knows how to get it as everybody is saying...he is a hot kisser I should say and I swear in a few years and more experience he will make those Hallyu star a run of their money in the Kissing Department.  WHOA he is not a baby anymore...he is sooooo manly and hot which makes us all happy, should I mentioned those veins running in his arms and hands whoa!

i love everything about their whole day date wearing a uniform.  What I like about this couple is the way they love and support each other, they need to do things TOGETHER, they want to do things TOGETHER and it is so endearing.  KS is such an amazing boyfriend and MR such a lovely supportive GF.  Gosh can they date in RL?

the movie date is sooooo cute, and that KS whispering to Mirae's ear is damn soooooooooo hot!

I like how the eps is tying the loose ends on SA backstory without giving much time for our OTP to still be highlighted.  Gosh this show is the best for me this year!  I am gonna miss the squad.  HJ is the best friend we all wanted to have.  very loyal and very protective.  I wish again for a scene of them 4 hahaha.

it's the last episode tonight and I am having a WS already.  fighting MIGB!

31 minutes ago, Igotcaughtdancingagain said:

whoa that kiss is sooooo freaking hot hahaha!  I could have content my self with just a peck but man Oh Man...CEW is THE MAN.  HE knows what he wants and he knows how to get it as everybody is saying...he is a hot kisser I should say and I swear in a few years and more experience he will make those Hallyu star a run of their money in the Kissing Department.  WHOA he is not a baby anymore...he is sooooo manly and hot which makes us all happy, should I mentioned those veins running in his arms and hands whoa!

i love everything about their whole day date wearing a uniform.  What I like about this couple is the way they love and support each other, they need to do things TOGETHER, they want to do things TOGETHER and it is so endearing.  KS is such an amazing boyfriend and MR such a lovely supportive GF.  Gosh can they date in RL?

Yessss, the kiss was great despite not getting to see much of it. Both actors put in the work, and it showed!

And Mi Rae & Kyung Seok are a gem not only for kdramas, but television in general. The guy being devoted but never pushy, allowing the girl to go at her own pace but not being a doormat either, it's a lovely balance for them both. I really hope this drama wins some awards and gets more recognition!

OH. MY. GOD. JINJJA DAEBAK I DA!! Today's episode was THE BEST!!!!! I was praying for the episode to not end just before the kiss. AND YAAASSSS JTBC PDNIM CEW ISH DID NOT DISAPPOINT!! I literally screamed and almost cried from happiness lmao. I am so proud of CEW and his first on-screen kiss!! DANG BOY!! Why you gotta do this to me! SO JEALOUS OF ISH!! It was done perfectly. I wanted to see more but I understand why they shot it with part of the couch in the way. But I was definitely cursing at it in my mind to move out of the way and to stop blocking all the hotness from being shown!!! 

1 hour ago, OliviaRonnie95 said:

I'm keeping it!

1. When he said one shot to the non alcoholic drink

2. The morning when they came together, when Mi Rae finally realise people are not that interested with them. 

3. After the second hit, he said it doesn't hurt

4. After she took a large bite of burger and he said she's cute!

5. When they were eating ice-cream!

6. And lastly, after he tried intimidating her with close proximity in the cinema "you said you're not easily intimidate" *smiles with moon eyes 

I am so dead:relaxed:

ME TOO!!! His drop dead cute gorgeous smile surfaced so many times today. I get all sorts of warm fuzzy feels when he flashes his sweet smile!!

5 hours ago, volturi987 said:

Also I want to see this scene in its entirety  

They look SO SWEET together. What age gap?!!?? 

Are you all ready for tomorrow??? Seriously.. I'm gonna feel heartbroken when it's over!! 

I'm still so shocked I can't think properly now!!! :w00t:

8 minutes ago, susieunnie said:

They look SO SWEET together. What age gap?!!?? 

Are you all ready for tomorrow??? Seriously.. I'm gonna feel heartbroken when it's over!! 

I'm still so shocked I can't think properly now!!! :w00t:

Speaking of the age gap, I'm so impressed that ISH made that middle school outfit work. The woman really does age backwards. And of course, her chemistry with CEW makes the age gap hardly noticeable too. I have never wanted two actors to work together again as strongly as I want ISH/CEW to.

QoAM2tP.gif

OMG!! They look so good together and DKS looking at MR like that, even though we cant see his eyes, is sending everything of love, infatuation, admiration and contentment of being with her. And he is already thinking of future proposal to her... my inside turns into jelly just hearing those words.

It's going to be hard saying goodbye to my beautiful babies...:bawling:

Silent lurker here. I followed this drama since episode 1 and like you all, anticipated for every friday and saturday. OMO, it is coming to an end. So sad. :tears: I was going to post earlier but somehow getting login page issues. Anyways, that's fixed and I'm here, when it's the finale of this show. I really love the characters and actors/actresses here. Hope they will get to work on other awesome projects together. I have a lot to say since I missed out on the discussion.

ISH is really a good actress. The way she portrays MR, I do not think any other actresses can do the same. Her voice is really easy to listen to. I can see her progression from start to end. She's really coming into her own skin and stopped grading faces. MR-DS is a good match since they help each other through the struggles of life - the best of both worlds in friendship, family and love. I've honestly never even heard of CEW before or his idol group ASTRO which I just recently came to know. Man, this guy is all visuals from top to bottom. He outshines most, if I dare say, almost all actors and idol singers. That's subjective and my opinion only. For his first project, I approve 100%. As for today's daebak kiss scene, I expected less but they offered more. No complaints but clapping for me. :phew:  If any of his fans are against it, I don't understand why and don't care to even know why. That's what pains me to see idols acting cause they will always have to cater to some of the most craziest fans who think they own them. It's really dumb IMHO, like do they want him to succeed in the entertainment industry or not. So far the comments see good so I'm not worried about the so called age gap since it's not extremely noticeable. It is a learning curve for him and what better actress like ISH to be his first love counterpart,  so what's there to complain about? :wub:

WY is really a good friend. Man, I wish there was a guy friend who was like him. He's really understanding and patient. No wonder he has so many admirers since as HY, who has been fabulous as MR's awesome cool friend and the other short hair girl who gave him the funniest confession. I love their scenes to bits. This guy is really a comedian, I will definitely follow his new projects cause he's such a versatile actor. I can see him going big in the near future with his acting chops.

And for SA, what a witch from start to finish. Her back story does not even make anyone pity her. Just because she feel a need to look pretty to gain acceptance and popularity, it does not make it acceptable to harm others the way she did. Eun was nice to care about her but with her type of personality needs more than that. Maybe at a psychiatric hospital would ring a bell. She honestly believes she is above it all and uses that as a excuse for her crappy behavior to put others down. Watching her fake self for the last 14 episodes was just pure torture - I was like, someone, anyone, call it out. Just because she had a poor experience with her "servant" friend does not excuse her from hating MR from the beginning just because she's pretty due to her plastic surgeries. It's MR's personality that takes her to good places and meeting good people but it's SA's rotten personality that makes her keep digging a deeper hole for herself and in the end, she's left with no one but herself to blame. Her hatred for MR is so strong that she's blindsided on everything else including friendship, trust and loyalty since most of her manipulations, schemes and tactics are self-taught. I'd love to be a minor extra character to step on SA like the cockroach she is...sign me up...I'll be the one to call her out on everything she's done starting from episode 1 so we can get an extra 15 episodes to focus on the progression of MR-DS's relationship and WY-HJ storyline. I loved today's episode cause it seems that everyone is slowly unraveling the colored snake that SA is and slowly releasing the sleeping monster deep within. One scene where SA was telling the coordinator that he doesn't like perfume and likes natural scent and not artificially made. Like why did you even sign up for the class to learn how to make perfume. SA is getting incredibly dumb or she''s just disoriented since so much drama is surrounding her. Her so-called friend JH is one of the worse characters and easily hated for all the right reasons.  She travels where the tides flow, completely untrustworthy and will throw you under a bus without any hesitation. Who is she to say that DS has low standards when it comes to dating whom, why she is so nosy asking him who he's dating and instantly thinks its a celebrity. What kind of clueless and brainless student like herself gets accepted into any university? This is the exact type of person I would avoid in RL. JB was great to call her out as a weirdo in her own way. lol. love that *had to repeat a few more times.

I cannot wait for the last episode. It will definitely be bitter sweet. Hopefully it ties in all the storyline so we get to see more lovey-dovey scenes from our protagonists and more karma coming to our antagonists. I hope at least we will see some long overdue apologies from mrs. snake herself. Stay tuned for the finale everyone!!!! 

Archived